Print Thread
Looking for a new camera... #8777952 01/10/23 06:30 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Been using spypoint for several years with no issues. All of a sudden, cameras are having issues, and I keep being told I need to do updates on firmware. No problem. But 3 to 4 in a year is ridiculous.
Then you call CS, Ive been hung up on, had someone that could not pronounce my name, now being told they cant figure out whats wrong with my cameras.

Is there a brand out there you dont have to update all the time? And with good CS if you need it?

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8777972 01/10/23 06:46 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
I have had great luck with Bushnell and batteries last for a long time if I use Eveready Lithium

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8777975 01/10/23 06:52 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Been using the Stealth cams now for 2+ years and love them. I run 3 and have had great luck with them and the CS department has been very good the few times I needed anything.
Mine are the older Fusion models and I believe they've got newer, improved models that replaced those.
I run mine with AA batteries along with a battery/solar combo pack and they do great provided the sun shines. The only time mine have really run down was when we had 5-7 days of no sunshine and they are taking 150+ pics a day or when an animal unplugs the solar/battery pack which does sometimes happen. I've let them know that their set up is great but that the camera port and the male end of the solar/battery unit NEED to be threaded to keep this from happening.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8777980 01/10/23 06:56 PM
B
BOLT GUY Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I have been using Reveal, low end version four of them, for about 1-1/2 years. Have not needed CS yet, I use Duracell batteries and they last 3-5 months. Sometimes get upwards of 300-500 pictures upon upload, twice per day. I'll say the pictures sent to your phone are not the best but, once you swap the card and review on a computer the quality is much better. The picture degrades slightly when transmitted. I have found tehy do everything I need though and have been reliable. I got them online for about 130.00 each. $13/month for service, comes with ATT and Verizon Sim cards.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8777982 01/10/23 06:57 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I use two kinds, for my standard trail camera, I use browning. Had very good luck with them. I run 7, some are different
models, but all do the job.
For my cell camera's, I use tactacam Reveal. Model I use is X gen 2.0. I have three and very happy with them. Bought from trailcampro.com for $119 each. They will
go through batteries and then I bought a solar panel for each one and still at 100% after four months using. Had problem
with one of my camera's and called customer service. He tried everything to fix remotely but could not. Told me to take a paper clip and put it in
the hole in the bottom to reset. I did and everything has worked since. He gave me his personal cell number to call when
I got to the camera on a Saturday if I had any problems, but I did not. Three camera's unlimited plan cost me total of $24 a month and
there is no contract if you want to go month to month.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778015 01/10/23 07:49 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Reconyx...

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778038 01/10/23 08:24 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
For cellular, RidgeTech. Small company. Great CS. Had an issue between the camera and server and submitted a trouble ticket through their website. Had a response from the owner (he's also on some forums) within a few hours who fixed me right up.

Going on year three in the field and it survived the "Great Freeze" with NO problems. It took pics at -9 and just kept on trucking.

[Linked Image]

Non-cellular, I'm going Browning. Have been disappointed in my Reconyx.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8778148 01/10/23 10:26 PM
M
MoTex Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Been using the Stealth cams now for 2+ years and love them. I run 3 and have had great luck with them and the CS department has been very good the few times I needed anything.
Mine are the older Fusion models and I believe they've got newer, improved models that replaced those.
I run mine with AA batteries along with a battery/solar combo pack and they do great provided the sun shines. The only time mine have really run down was when we had 5-7 days of no sunshine and they are taking 150+ pics a day or when an animal unplugs the solar/battery pack which does sometimes happen. I've let them know that their set up is great but that the camera port and the male end of the solar/battery unit NEED to be threaded to keep this from happening.

I’ve been running Stealth cam as well, been great. I’m on an unlimited plan/month. The newer solar panel cables are thread. customer service is local and great.

Last edited by MoTex; 01/10/23 10:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778159 01/10/23 10:50 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Are any of you having to do firmware updates on them? I’ve had to do several on my SPYPOINT. I don’t understand with them why your camera works fine, then all of a sudden stops. And they say you need an update. That makes no sense.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778173 01/10/23 11:13 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Are any of you having to do firmware updates on them? I’ve had to do several on my SPYPOINT. I don’t understand with them why your camera works fine, then all of a sudden stops. And they say you need an update. That makes no sense.

I've had one update in 3 years and mine works fine.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778178 01/10/23 11:16 PM
C
ctonsmitty Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I run Stealth Cam and I am generally pleased, however, I have had to contact customer service twice and I sat on hold for almost an hour, but this was several months ago.

I do indeed hope GSW Outdoor customer service has improved because it used to be pathetic.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778283 01/11/23 01:41 AM
K
Kodyjoe2016 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Reveal.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8778358 01/11/23 04:37 AM
N
n2Deer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
We have been using Reolink Go cameras for about 3 years now. We are now spoiled. They have a 360 degree camera, Reolink GO PT that is fantastic. Live video on demand, notifications as soon as motion is detected, talk over the camera (to scare racoons). Last year, they came up with the Reolink Keen Ranger PT. We have a total of 7 of these cameras between 2 leases. Good cellular signal is a must, it doesn't have to be Excellent but you want at least 2 bars. We have not encounter any issues with the cameras. Rechargeable lithium batteries included. Pair with optional solar panel, highly recommended for worry free setup. I called customer service when one of the solar panels cables was broken by an outside source (cow). Since it was under warranty, they sent me a new one. We were using ATT towers in 2021 but had to change to TMobile in 2022 as ATT was not supported anymore. We do prepaid data plan, $10 a month per camera.
I have attached a video link of a buck coming in the pen to feed and not get spooked as we rotate the camera to get a better view of him.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: MoTex] #8778435 01/11/23 12:47 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by MoTex
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

I’ve been running Stealth cam as well, been great. I’m on an unlimited plan/month. The newer solar panel cables are thread. customer service is local and great.

up

I figured they'd get them right the next go round!

As far as updates as one poster asked, I've had to do 1 in the time I've had them and it was very, very simple to do even for a TechMoron like me.
Their app is user friendly as are their cameras and one of the reasons I really like them. I have several friends using them deep in Maverick County and they work great for them as well. They are well over 7 miles off the asphalt to their pasture so that says a lot to me about performance of the cell part of the cameras they build.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8824688 03/28/23 12:58 AM
R
roadkill54 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
I'm late to the conversation however started with 4 Verizon Reconyx. Had a problem with one last year and sent it and they replaced it. I look at about 800 pics a day from these 4 cameras. They've done very well for me.

Recently I added 3 Reveal tactacam with solar panels. I've only had these in operation for a month, so far very pleased. I would add that my associate is operating 15 of these in STX all of these last year with great success.

So far, I am pleased with both.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8824698 03/28/23 01:12 AM
R
Russ79 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
Like Mr. T I use different models of Brownings for regular trail cams and the original Tacticam Revel X for cellular with AT&T for service. What little problems I have had with either have had really good responses from their customer service.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8833529 04/13/23 11:29 PM
R
roadkill54 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Ouick update- very pleased with the Reveal Tacta Cams. Running 3 with Solar panels. All working great. Also running 4 Reconyx cell cams for over 3 years now. Just bought a solar kit to try on one of them since the lithium batteries have gotten so darn expensive. If it works out I'll convert all over.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8834785 04/16/23 02:56 PM
R
Revoman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Been using Ridgetech for 4 years now, great cameras. Had an issue with one, sent it in for repairs and they sent me a new one. Great service if it is needed.

Call'm an Kill'm
Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8834797 04/16/23 03:24 PM
M
MClark Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I put up a Tacticam Reveal cellular camera with the solar panel.
Camera is in Texas and I am usually in in Arizona. It’s too much to ask my friend to pull cards and send pictures, he has real work to do.

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8836027 04/18/23 05:54 PM
B
bigdavehunting Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I use reo link

Live and takes pictures and videos

no sd cards to ck

no batteries to change

cost 219-289 depends on sales at time of purchased including solar panel on amazon make sure you get the reo link go pt plus
PT stands for pan and tilt The plus is 4mp

Im running 3 of them

1 is 3+ yrs old PT GO
1 is 2+ yrs old PT GO
and 1 is 1yr old PT GO PLUS

Have not had many issues at all like Ive had with regular cellular cameras.

the monthly cost depends on your cell service plan mine averages 18 dollars each.
would recommend them I run them on my hog traps and move them to watch protein feeders

***and these are a must for bow hunters, can scan your area before moving in to your bow blind

Remember these are live feeds and videos

Last edited by bigdavehunting; 04/18/23 05:58 PM. Reason: ***

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8861320 06/01/23 08:08 PM
R
roadkill54 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Another update.

I received the Reconyx solar panel setup. It's very large and cumbersome compared to the Reveal so that's strike one.. So far its working fine however disappointed in how Reconyx engineered the system compared to the Reveal unit. The three Reveal units are operating flawlessly so far and are still at 100% charge. Pictures are good. I'm getting ready to buy another Reveal unit! Enough said.....

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8867934 06/14/23 12:25 PM
I
illest23 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I
Tacticam Reveal

Re: Looking for a new camera... [Re: Sinkey] #8868698 06/15/23 05:17 PM
J
jimbob Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
AVOID Stealthcam. I Have had 4 (slow learner) and they work great for a cpl months then they just stop.
you can try and get through to the support line but that usually is met with busy signal or long wait times.
I have reloaded firmware as per there recommendations. Still dead. Have 2 left and one has connection
with cell system but will not take pictures. The second one worked great until they upgraded their software
10 days ago. Now it takes pictures but wont send pics to phone. They said i need to have OS9 for samsung
phone which i do. They then suggested i buy a new phone. I deleted my account today as all response
from them has ceased.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide