Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Good job Lubbock DA Office! #8833659 04/14/23 07:33 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
“Texas man who spit at police sees 'life of crime' crumble, slapped with 70 years in prison to 'send a message'“

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ma...rumble-slapped-years-prison-send-message

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833661 04/14/23 07:57 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Dang, You sure watch alot of Fox News

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: RedRanger] #8833676 04/14/23 11:04 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Wow that is a very strong measure cheers Hope it does send a message to the POS that when they F.U there are consequences!

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833700 04/14/23 12:27 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Was he convicted of other charges other than spitting on two police officers? If not then 70 years is excessive.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: blkt2] #8833704 04/14/23 12:43 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by blkt2
Was he convicted of other charges other than spitting on two police officers? If not then 70 years is excessive.

No it is NOT. The message needs to be sent. That's the problem with society today...we are too [censored] soft! Do dumb chit then win dumb prizes.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833716 04/14/23 01:07 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Some things you can get away with in Lubbock and some things you can`t.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: The Dude Abides] #8833720 04/14/23 01:12 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

No it is NOT. The message needs to be sent. That's the problem with society today...we are too [censored] soft! Do dumb chit then win dumb prizes.

Well that "message" is that the government can do absolutely anything to you that they want for even the most minor of transgressions. It's all well and good when you think a dirtbag is getting sentenced but one day it might be you when the populace at large begins to think that you're the dirtbag. Just imagine sitting in front of a jury comprised of antifa or BLM members because you said something racially insensitive or publicly declared that a man can't become a woman and are being charged with a felony over it.

Edit: Would anyone support the officers getting a 70 year sentence for spitting on a man during an arrest?

Last edited by blkt2; 04/14/23 01:16 PM.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: TPACK] #8833746 04/14/23 01:54 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by TPACK

Linky No Worky

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: blkt2] #8833769 04/14/23 02:26 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Well that "message" is that the government can do absolutely anything to you that they want for even the most minor of transgressions. It's all well and good when you think a dirtbag is getting sentenced but one day it might be you when the populace at large begins to think that you're the dirtbag. Just imagine sitting in front of a jury comprised of antifa or BLM members because you said something racially insensitive or publicly declared that a man can't become a woman and are being charged with a felony over it.

Edit: Would anyone support the officers getting a 70 year sentence for spitting on a man during an arrest?

Apples and Oranges. Saying something is TOTALLY different. The perp acted out an deserved the punishment he got IMO. He could have a communicable disease that he has now infected the officers with. ZFG or sympathy for him! Move on.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: The Dude Abides] #8833775 04/14/23 02:37 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U

Apples and Oranges. Saying something is TOTALLY different. The perp acted out an deserved the punishment he got IMO. He could have a communicable disease that he has now infected the officers with. ZFG or sympathy for him! Move on.

He also had previous convictions of aggravated robbery and family violence. The DA stated that the sentence would not have been harsh had this been a first time offense. He had been given the opportunity to clean his life up previously. He obviously didn't learn his lesson the first two times.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: RedRanger] #8833801 04/14/23 03:07 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Linky No Worky

Worked for me....nothing wrong with defending your home. Tough guys and lead don't mix too well.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: RedRanger] #8833810 04/14/23 03:18 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

Linky No Worky

Click on Watch on YouTube and then I understand and it will. If you don`t understand then don`t click on it.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833813 04/14/23 03:22 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Makes sense after unclebubba's comment but as far as The Dude's comment an officer could have a disease too that infects someone they spit on too, not oranges to apples at all.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: The Dude Abides] #8833817 04/14/23 03:34 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

The political left equates speech they disagree with as violence and are trying in several states to get laws passed that punish offensive speech the same way physical assault is judged..

Would have could have, nowhere in the article did it say the man had a disease that the officers could catch from being spit on. Had there been something I'm sure the prosecutor would have added that to the indictment. Do you believe a person if they walked up to you on the street and spit in your face deserves a 70 year sentence? I got slugged in the mouth once in a bar and had blood pouring out so I spit a mouthful right back in the guy's face and then beat his [censored]. Did I deserve to go to prison for 70 years for doing that?

What happened in this instance is not justice. It is a perversion of justice. I could care less about the man and wouldn't care if they accidentally shot him while he was in the back seat of their patrol car. What I care about is massive government overreach and punishment that is completely disproportionate to the crime. Killers rarely get 70 years, rapist rarely get 70 years, child molesters rarely get 70 years.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: unclebubba] #8833820 04/14/23 03:39 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by unclebubba

He also had previous convictions of aggravated robbery and family violence. The DA stated that the sentence would not have been harsh had this been a first time offense. He had been given the opportunity to clean his life up previously. He obviously didn't learn his lesson the first two times.[/quote]

I fully acknowledge that the man was a POS. My problem is not a problem with what is happening to the man. My issue is giving a court that much power to punish someone so severely for something so minor. The government has to have a check on their authority and someone spitting in another person's face despite being disgusting does not call for a 70-year prison sentence no matter what kind of POS the person doing the spitting is or how severe their criminal history is. If he had such a severe criminal history the problem could have been solved by not letting him out of prison in the first place.

Even under Joseph Stalin in the old Soviet Empire no punishment this harsh was ever handed down for something so minor.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: TPACK] #8833837 04/14/23 04:06 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Linky No Worky

Click on Watch on YouTube and then I understand and it will. If you don`t understand then don`t click on it.

Gottie to Workie... up

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833848 04/14/23 04:21 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I remember when that incident happened. If you're dumb enough to Bow up on an armed man who's asking you to leave his property and who was courteous enough to give you a warning shot don't be shocked at what happens to you if you refuse to leave. I really hope the guy that got shot felt really really stupid as he was laying there dying.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833907 04/14/23 05:34 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Yep. Friend of mine was spit on and the bad guy got 17 years. I was shot at, bad guy got 2 years. Same county. Makes perfect sense.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: blkt2] #8833913 04/14/23 05:40 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by unclebubba

He also had previous convictions of aggravated robbery and family violence. The DA stated that the sentence would not have been harsh had this been a first time offense. He had been given the opportunity to clean his life up previously. He obviously didn't learn his lesson the first two times.

I fully acknowledge that the man was a POS. My problem is not a problem with what is happening to the man. My issue is giving a court that much power to punish someone so severely for something so minor. The government has to have a check on their authority and someone spitting in another person's face despite being disgusting does not call for a 70-year prison sentence no matter what kind of POS the person doing the spitting is or how severe their criminal history is. If he had such a severe criminal history the problem could have been solved by not letting him out of prison in the first place.

Even under Joseph Stalin in the old Soviet Empire no punishment this harsh was ever handed down for something so minor.[/quote]

It’s not like he will serve the full 70, prob only 10 with accelerated time and parole. Also, this makes the court look good in-front of the community and then the appeals will come and the sentence will be lessened. Smoke and mirrors

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833916 04/14/23 05:42 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
^^^^ That doesn't make much sense. I'm not advocating for spitting on people but even 17 years sounds excessive. At worse it should be a Class A misdemeanor with County jail time and a fat fine assuming the person being spat on is a peer or near peer physically. If a very large man is doing that to a child, an old person, or someone with a huge disparity in physical abilities you could make the argument that it should be a felony.

The Clown who thought it was a good idea to take a couple of shots at you should have gotten at least 20 years that he had to do day for day.

Edit: The law of the man is charged with is a 3G offense. He has to do 85% of his time or 45 years whichever is less before he becomes eligible for parole. 70 years unless you're quite young is effectively life without parole. This isn't my opinion, I sent a link to a friend of mine that is a felony prosecutor in TX and that's what he sent back to me.

Last edited by blkt2; 04/14/23 05:56 PM.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833921 04/14/23 06:02 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
It was a mandatory minimum 25 year case already, because he had been previously convicted of two felonies that met the 25 sentencing guidelines. The last one I had involving one of my officers and the same circumstances, the offender received 40 years and an epic brown strike.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833929 04/14/23 06:16 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
^^^^ Again, I'm not advocating for people to be spitting on other people. I simply don't believe it should be a felony except in a very narrow range of conditions and even then it shouldn't be that serious of a felony. When we are locking up people for more serious crimes and giving them less time then something is seriously wrong. While someone spitting in your face is disgusting at worst in most circumstances it should be a Class A misdemeanor.

Edit: I was on a jury for a man that killed two people in a traffic accident while drunk and he had easily a dozen previous DWI arrest that were pending in County Court. The most we could give him under the law for killing two people was 20 years and it wasn't even a category of crime where he would have to do the majority of the sentence.

Last edited by blkt2; 04/14/23 06:48 PM.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8833938 04/14/23 06:24 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Same folks wanting Abbott to pardon Perry? Asking for a friend doing a self awareness study...

FWIW - both cases sentences are so beyond ridiculous it's not funny.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: blkt2] #8833994 04/14/23 08:28 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
^^^^ Again, I'm not advocating for people to be spitting on other people. I simply don't believe it should be a felony except in a very narrow range of conditions and even then it shouldn't be that serious of a felony. When we are locking up people for more serious crimes and giving them less time then something is seriously wrong. While someone spitting in your face is disgusting at worst in most circumstances it should be a Class A misdemeanor.

Edit: I was on a jury for a man that killed two people in a traffic accident while drunk and he had easily a dozen previous DWI arrest that were pending in County Court. The most we could give him under the law for killing two people was 20 years and it wasn't even a category of crime where he would have to do the majority of the sentence.

Get Hepatitis C, from some scrote bag who had bloody saliva and spit in your mouth, and you won’t think it should be a Class A Misdemeanor.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834004 04/14/23 08:45 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Get Hepatitis C, from some scrote bag who had bloody saliva and spit in your mouth, and you won’t think it should be a Class A Misdemeanor.

Hep C is 100% curable and it's also very very very very unlikely you're going to catch it from someone spitting on you. Maybe if they use some spit as lube for your backside you're going to catch it but at that point you've got other issues. In the example at hand no one's alleging that the man had a communicable disease. And if the concern is really about catching a disease then have it where it is a felony if you have hepatitis C and spit on someone. We all know what this law is really about and that's about the cops feeling dissed. Homeboys in the hood feel dissed all the time and they act in a disproportionate fashion as well. More often than not tyranny comes cloaked in the appearance of Law & Order and it comes from men in uniform. That's my opposition to this and nothing more. I have no problem doubling out prison sentences for deserving people and I've done so multiple times in my life. I wouldn't have even considered a conviction in a case like this if I knew that it carried 25 years and up in prison. Like I said before, even in the old Soviet Union under Stalin they didn't hand down sentences like this for such trivial bad behavior.

Last edited by blkt2; 04/14/23 09:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide