Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,305
Posts9,735,566
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available #8822966 03/24/23 02:52 PM
007hunter Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
Good afternoon THF crew...

Just wanted to throw this out there for reference for anyone who is involved with or knows anyone in a school district looking into school safety training.

My buddy and I - who were "guardians" for over a decade - began Guardian Educators LLC

We provide training to schools (both public and private) throughout Texas and sometimes outside of the state lines.

Some of the training we provide:
Texas DPS designed School Safety Certification
School Safety Awareness
Advanced pistol drills and scenario enactment
LTC classes, etc

With the exception of the School Safety Certification, we custom design all of our training program to each school districts needs.

We conduct most of our training during the summer and still have dates available.

If you are interested or know someone with a school district that might be interested, please give us a yell.

Guardian Educators, LLC
www.guardianeducators.com
info@guardianeducators.com

Kirk Price - 007hunter
Mark Jackson - mjtex

Incidentally, we are located a bit south of DFW, but travel the entire state to conduct our training "on-site" at school districts. Over the past year, we have conducted training here in north central Texas as well as San Antonio area, west Texas and the panhandle.

This summer, we will be conducting similar training to include several schools along the coast.

Last edited by 007hunter; 03/24/23 03:02 PM.
Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: 007hunter] #8823873 03/26/23 03:35 PM
M
mjtex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
If you haven't been paying attention there have been several school shootings since January - we hope the schools we've trained never need to but they're prepared.

The horse is prepared for Battle, but safety is of the LORD.
Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: 007hunter] #8823896 03/26/23 04:39 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Godspeed

Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: 007hunter] #8825764 03/30/23 12:30 AM
M
mjtex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
up

Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: 007hunter] #8825774 03/30/23 12:52 AM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
How successful has your business been? I’ve been around educators a lot, and the prevailing attitude is that they signed up to teach, not put their life at stake to rescue kids. This kind of training tends to dampen their morale too. I actually agree with them. Hire more cops.

Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: 007hunter] #8826312 03/31/23 01:35 AM
M
mjtex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Well the schools we've trained care about the education and the safety of their students, adopted by the school boards and those asked to step up and accept the responsibility, do so by their own choice not with a dampened morale but a sense of importance in service of protecting their students. We are educators as well as school guardians for over ten years , educator's in publics schools for fifty years between us and most of the teachers we know either want the training or feel better knowing their school has guardians.

Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: tenyearsgone] #8826473 03/31/23 01:43 PM
007hunter Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by tenyearsgone
How successful has your business been? I’ve been around educators a lot, and the prevailing attitude is that they signed up to teach, not put their life at stake to rescue kids. This kind of training tends to dampen their morale too. I actually agree with them. Hire more cops.

In reply to your comments, I'll try to give some insight based on our interaction with numerous schools all over the state.

Not everyone (faculty, staff, administration, community) is in agreement with having guardians on campus - totally agree. But, for us to be invited to train folks, the school district has done extensive research and planning with all stakeholders in mind. Obviously, there will NEVER be 100% agreement on anything whether it be educational goals, curriculum, security or anything else. The vast majority of the schools that we train have indicated an overwhelming positive response to implementing the guardian program.

The solution to "hire more cops" is not fiscally possible. Some of the schools we train have one or two SROs, some have none. It is not because they don't want to protect their students, it is because they do not have the monetary capacity to have them on staff. I do think an SRO(s) on campus is ideal, but even one is just not possible within some district.

Some school districts are positioned in, what I might call, a LEO deficient geographic area. Some schools are in such a remote location, that LEO reaction times are extensive. In an active shooter situation, ever SECOND counts.

We have trained faculty, staff, administration and even school board members (check out the video of the Florida school board shooting - Panama City, FL) to participate as guardians. Participation as a guardian is 100% voluntary. Most participates do not even get any supplemental pay for there duties. These volunteers do what they do for the love of their students, not because it was a "other duties as assigned" portion of their contract. As a matter of fact, anyone who initially signed-up is able to withdraw as a guardian at any time.

Being a guardian is NOT for everyone. Being a guardian is something that should not be taken lightly. We commend those who have made that choice and do our level best to equip them with the skills they need to better protect their students and fellow educators.

I hope this clarifies some things. By the way, mjtex was off a bit in his years of service between the two of us...it is over 60 years...not 50...lol. Apparently we are getting old...lol

Re: School Guardian Training-School Safety Training Available [Re: 007hunter] #8850656 05/11/23 04:41 PM
007hunter Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
Good morning all.

A special note to anyone who has ties with a PNP (Private - Non Profit) school.

GE is now listed as an Approved Vendor in ClassWallet for schools receiving GEER - GAPS funding.

This new round of funding does allow schools to use funds for School Safety and Security training.

If you know a school that receives this funding, it may be nice for them to know we are already an Approved Vendor.

Have a great day all...stay safe.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide