Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Bar Fights [Re: jrfan] #8784352 01/20/23 02:54 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jrfan
When I was going to school at Tarleton, occasionally we would make the drive to Mingus for some different scenery. One night we pulled into the parking lot of the Trio Club. There was a rather large woman and her significant other having a heated conversation. At some point she'd had enough and reached in the back of a flat bed pickup and pulled out a cedar stay and went to beating the tar out of him. Mingus was a rough place after dark on a Friday or Saturday night, luckily I always managed to make it out in one piece..

I grew up hearing all the stories about the fights @ the Trio Club since I lived in Stephenville. When I graduated in 77, me and 4 of my friends went there during the week because we figured all the "Cedar Hackers" we had grown up hearing about wouldn`t be there LOL. Safety in numbers was our policy. We had no problems but never went back. I did hear a story from an older cousin of mine about my dad having a fight at the Trio in the late 60`s. He said that my dad went outside to fight one guy, but 2 of his friends came outside wanted to participate. He said my dad whooped all 3 of them. I never doubted it at all either. He had a temper and was very strong since he worked in construction all his life.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: 603Country] #8784353 01/20/23 02:55 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by 603Country
There’s a bar in Malone?

Use to be two of them, back in the 80's.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784361 01/20/23 02:58 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
The one time I ever went into a Go Go Joint, I ran into an old buddy I used to play ball with. Hadn't seen him in years. We talked and talked until the joint closed. Went out to the parking lot and kept on. Twenty ,minutes later, two bouncers came out and told us we needed to leave. I courteously explained our rather innocent situation and they would have none of it. I repeated and they still would take none of it. They indicated if we did not leave immediately, they would make us. My buddy asked them , "Who are you going to get to help you?". They took a look at him and then at me and headed back inside. When the door closed, I asked my buddy if he knew what there next move was going to be. He replied, "Yep, they gonna get some help.". We said our good byes and left.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: TPACK] #8784362 01/20/23 02:59 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TPACK
When I was going to school at Tarleton, occasionally we would make the drive to Mingus for some different scenery. One night we pulled into the parking lot of the Trio Club. There was a rather large woman and her significant other having a heated conversation. At some point she'd had enough and reached in the back of a flat bed pickup and pulled out a cedar stay and went to beating the tar out of him. Mingus was a rough place after dark on a Friday or Saturday night, luckily I always managed to make it out in one piece..

I grew up hearing all the stories about the fights @ the Trio Club since I lived in Stephenville. When I graduated in 77, me and 4 of my friends went there during the week because we figured all the "Cedar Hackers" we had grown up hearing about wouldn`t be there LOL. Safety in numbers was our policy. We had no problems but never went back. I did hear a story from an older cousin of mine about my dad having a fight at the Trio in the late 60`s. He said that my dad went outside to fight one guy, but 2 of his friends came outside wanted to participate. He said my dad whooped all 3 of them. I never doubted it at all either. He had a temper and was very strong since he worked in construction all his life.

On another occasion, my roommate and I took two dates to the City Limits, we should have known better. Of course we had been drinking the whole trip up and had to piss as soon as we got there. We walked straight to the bathroom and by the time we got done, the girls were having some serious words with some locals. My roommate and I immediately grabbed the girls and got out of there. Never even ordered a beer.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784364 01/20/23 03:02 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I've seen a few start and end quickly. Usually people being stupid.

To be determined
Re: Bar Fights [Re: BigPig] #8784369 01/20/23 03:08 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BigPig
Been in a few. A real bad one where nobody won. I took my licks and went to sleep in a truck bed that I thought was the truck I arrived in. Woke up in San Antonio, that was a long way from Stephenville.

Humm what year was this?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784370 01/20/23 03:10 PM
T
TijuanaTom Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Watch out for Dalton at the Double Duece in Missouri

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784376 01/20/23 03:18 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Green Goose, Nuremberg, Germany in 1988. Beat down for everyone then we got our [censored] kicked by the Polizei in round 2.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784379 01/20/23 03:22 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
My dad’s philosophy on fighting was, “ Don't ever be talking when you aught to be swinging.” I got into a lot of fights growing up in west Tx and in bars later on. Since I got married I no longer go to bars so it’s not an issue.

I do think one of the major problem with young people is they are always mouthing of and talking [censored] and no one hits them in the nose. I think the internet has a lot to do with this. Anyone can say whatever they want online with no consequences.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: TPACK] #8784381 01/20/23 03:23 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I miss Mingus.
What was the one down south by Comanche? I went in there one night after a Proctor run, and I heard a couple gringo comments, fun night.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784480 01/20/23 04:50 PM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Been in one. It was a few days before our engagement photos, they had to be postponed. This picture was taken about a week after the incident.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784486 01/20/23 04:57 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Started going to bars when I was 16, started working at a bar when I was 18, when not working at bars I hung out in them 3-4 times a week until I was around 35 or 36.
I have seen a whole bunch of bar fights and participated in my fair share.

There were six boys in our family and none of them a saint, our house in Oak Cliff was a major hangout for a whole lot of people that liked to have fun, so most of my 3 older brothers friends were my friends too.
One of them Hans, got beat up by the bouncers at the Silver Dollar Saloon off Inwood Rd. if I remember right Hans and one of the bouncers girlfriends were getting along a little to well.
Hans was close to the top of the staircase and the jealous bouncer grabbed him by his ponytail from behind and dragged him down the stairs while the other bouncers then pounded on him.

So two carloads of us went up there and it was on, an all out brawl ending with them tucking tail, the bouncer that started it all was dragged outside and put up against the wall.
Here is this guy all buy himself out there with all of us around him, he is crying and praying to God for his life, please don't kill me as Ronnie had a huge Silver Pistol up against his forehead telling him he was going to die.
FYI Ronnie looked like a bigger version of Charles Manson and he was legitimately crazy, I thought there was a real chance this guy might get executed right in front of me. We heard the police sirens and everyone hauled azz, thank God he did not shoot him.

Although I was not involved, my favorite Western type brawl was back in the early to mid 70's at the Longhorn Ballroom on Industrial Blvd, a fight broke out around the pool tables and it was like a wild west movie. There was a lot of folks involved, lot's of chairs and beer bottles flying, this went on for about 5 minutes or so and I got to drink my beer and watch the show.

Around 1980. I was going to move in with my girlfriend Shirley in Malibu, Ca. Well prior to that a friend of ours became a manager at a Disco club on Harry Hines, so they had a going away party for me the night before I am supposed to fly out.
Initially I said no because I knew there was a good chance someone would start a fight and I would not make my flight.
I made everyone promise no fights and the all agreed so I went.

So were doing shots having fun, before to long I notice we are missing someone and it is Sandy, I told my best friend Mike who's nickname is Pitbull that I was going to look for him.
Look all around the bar with no luck, go out the front door and there is Sandy on the ground getting pounded by these two guys, I blasted the bigger one of the two and pulled the other guy off and let them square off, fortunately that part of it stopped there.
Okay so Sandy and I go back to the bar laughing about what just happened outside, now Mike gets pissed off that we got into a fight without him.
After a few more laughs and shots I notice Mike is missing, look around the bar and not there, go out into the parking lot and he is lying unconscious on the concrete, shirt open with a bullet hole in his chest above his heart.

Mike was so pissed about not participating in that fight that he decided to go out in the parking lot and start a fight of his own with three guys.
Obviously Mike is putting the hurt on them, they try and leave in their car while Mike is trying to whip their azz through the car window when the driver shoots him through his window.
The doctors said that the bullet had stopped right in front of his heart and had it not gone through the drivers window glass first and hit his rib he would have died.

Stayed at the hospital until it was time to catch my flight, when Shirley picked me up I was rougher than a cobb, no shower and she smirked and said I knew it.

Last edited by Stub; 01/20/23 05:48 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784487 01/20/23 04:57 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
come on Bobo. Tell us a good one! grin

Re: Bar Fights [Re: BarneyWho] #8784503 01/20/23 05:15 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BarneyWho
come on Bobo. Tell us a good one! grin

No, Tucker doesn’t need any written proof contrary to the recent discussion we have had to have.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784508 01/20/23 05:20 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Too long to type.

Yes a couple, enough that I don’t want anymore.

It’s a pure miracle that I’m as pretty as I am today.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8784521 01/20/23 05:44 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I miss Mingus.
What was the one down south by Comanche? I went in there one night after a Proctor run, and I heard a couple gringo comments, fun night.

Silver River was near Comanche. Had a few near misses in that place back in the day. One was inside and the other was in the parking lot. Young and dumb.

BTW. Someone has bought the Trio Club in Mingus and opened it back up. I have no plans on going either. I`m older and smarter. LOL

Re: Bar Fights [Re: txtrophy85] #8784531 01/20/23 05:56 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
i missed out on the bar fight era.

I spent the early to mid 80s at C&W dances at local small town halls and some of the bigger places like the old Blue Bonnet Palace and Midnight Rodeo so I witnessed far too many to count and was involved in a handful or two of others. lmao
We were a pretty wild bunch but not the type to go out looking for trouble at all but it just seemed to have a way of finding us. I guess we had a very, very low tolerances for a-holes and loud mouths back then.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784544 01/20/23 06:13 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Bobo tell the one about the one armed striper, the monkey, and the Game Warden’s daughter roflmao

Re: Bar Fights [Re: BarneyWho] #8784555 01/20/23 06:27 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Bobo tell the one about the one armed striper, the monkey, and the Game Warden’s daughter roflmao

She cost me 4 rds of penicillin shots, No

Re: Bar Fights [Re: TPACK] #8784557 01/20/23 06:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I miss Mingus.

Silver River was near Comanche. Had a few near misses in that place back in the day. One was inside and the other was in the parking lot. Young and dumb.

BTW. Someone has bought the Trio Club in Mingus and opened it back up. I have no plans on going either. I`m older and smarter. LOL

I’ll take you!! We can go to BJ and get a pizza also. Sounds like fun people watching. With that said pretty sure Mingus is now a “gopro” tourist stop

Re: Bar Fights [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8784575 01/20/23 07:02 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

I’ll take you!! We can go to BJ and get a pizza also. Sounds like fun people watching. With that said pretty sure Mingus is now a “gopro” tourist stop

They have Italian food that is great.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: unclebubba] #8784698 01/20/23 09:42 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bad Azz's Unite. rofl

bolt

Re: Bar Fights [Re: TPACK] #8784710 01/20/23 10:10 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

They have Italian food that is great.

Oh my God!!! That’s funny.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8784792 01/21/23 12:29 AM
O
Okiedog Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O

She cost me 4 rds of penicillin shots, No

The stripper or the monkey?

Come on man, fess up.

Re: Bar Fights [Re: Okiedog] #8784864 01/21/23 02:44 AM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Lord, I wish I had asked that question…

Only one armed stripper I knew about was in Beaumont. Bobo’s not from there, is he?

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide