Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Texas Dan] #8777793 01/10/23 03:49 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
I wonder what Mattress Mack's wife had to say to him after the loss with him betting $3 million on TCU for the win? She's well known for giving him hack about his wagering habit.

Who cares his money. He donates more then that to charity most years

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Espy] #8777844 01/10/23 04:48 PM
F
fredeboy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F

Just saw these. Is it to late? I’m giving 50 points now.
[/quote]
TCU sucked
your a little to late. could of made a hundo off me[/quote]
LOL! You could have made a couple hundred off me. Thanks for not getting back!!
cheers

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8777849 01/10/23 04:56 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Always good to hear from a OSU fan reading from his little black book of excuses.

IMO, since the opt outs have pretty much ruined the bowl season, they should integrate the 16 team playoff system into the bowl system. It would at least make the less important bowl games somewhat relevant again. Let's just face the facts......there are a small handful of schools that can compete with what the SEC has been throwing out there. Facts are facts.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Texas Dan] #8777866 01/10/23 05:09 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I wonder what Mattress Mack's wife had to say to him after the loss with him betting $3 million on TCU for the win? She's well known for giving him hack about his wagering habit. It was probably something along the line of "I hope you sold a lot of mattresses to cover that." And of course let's not forget the mattress buyers who had plans on getting their money back and then some.

He just won $75mm on the Astros. I don't think he's shedding too many tears over losing $3mm with TCU.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8777871 01/10/23 05:12 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
With all humor aside, if the Committee had put TCU in the #4 slot where they should have been at best, people would not have been forced to watch last night's slaughter. But of course, that would have eliminated any chance of seeing two of their "media darlings", Ohio State and Michigan in the title game. Funny how neither of them made it.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 01/10/23 05:53 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8777878 01/10/23 05:20 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
I wonder what Mattress Mack's wife had to say to him after the loss with him betting $3 million on TCU for the win? She's well known for giving him hack about his wagering habit.

Who cares his money. He donates more then that to charity most years

I think this one bet covers a lot of his other bets!

https://www.legalsportsbetting.com/famous-sports-bettors/mattress-mack/#:~:text=Mattress%20Mack%20is%20most%20well,mattress%20mogul%20over%20%2475%20million.

Mattress Mack is most well-known as a high-rolling bettor who owns the largest sports betting payout of all time, with his $10 million futures bet on the 2022 Houston Astros to win the World Series paying the mattress mogul over $75 million.

Last edited by Stub; 01/10/23 05:21 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Jgraider] #8777879 01/10/23 05:20 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Always good to hear from a OSU fan reading from his little black book of excuses.

IMO, since the opt outs have pretty much ruined the bowl season, they should integrate the 16 team playoff system into the bowl system. It would at least make the less important bowl games somewhat relevant again. Let's just face the facts......there are a small handful of schools that can compete with what the SEC has been throwing out there. Facts are facts.

It’s basically 10 +- teams for across the US. 4 SEC teams, 1-2 Big 12, 1-2 Big 10, 1-2 rolling other conferences.

1/2 the teams in the SEC aren’t relevant ,A&M, Vanderbilt, Missouri etc

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8777901 01/10/23 05:37 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I’m pretty sure I could eat right and practice everyday. Still not be as foolish as trash can Dan.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Stub] #8777912 01/10/23 05:56 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Stub
Mattress Mack is most well-known as a high-rolling bettor who owns the largest sports betting payout of all time, with his $10 million futures bet on the 2022 Houston Astros to win the World Series paying the mattress mogul over $75 million.

Undeniable.

Perhaps that was the reasoning he offered his wife if she complained about the $3 million loss. After all, there are women who would do so.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 01/10/23 05:57 PM.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Texas Dan] #8777914 01/10/23 05:59 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Undeniable.

Perhaps that was the reasoning he offered his wife if she complained about the $3 million loss. After all, there are women who would do so.

Darwinism is failing society, and you are proof.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8777916 01/10/23 06:03 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Undeniable.

The demons are evidently rustling.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 01/10/23 06:07 PM.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Texas Dan] #8777936 01/10/23 06:17 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Undeniable.

The demons are evidently rustling.

Demons aren’t needed to point out the obvious, infact why would they squander their time with truths.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8778010 01/10/23 07:38 PM
M
Mako My Day Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Every team has an off game, Georgia almost lost to Ohio State, and Michigan did lose to TCU. The two top teams were there last night, one was obviously better prepared, with better depth. Congrats to the dawgs, but TCU deserved their spot.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: coachwhite34] #8778013 01/10/23 07:43 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by coachwhite34
TCU's National Championship was beating Michigan. Lets be honest, was TCU really the best team in the Big 12? They lost in a shootout to Kansas State, who is not a shoot it out kind of team. They gave Alabama a much better game than TCU did Georgia. The reality is the Big 12 stinks. There is the SEC then everyone else.

I think you are a little bit right about TCU on this game. They played really well for the most part against Mich and laid a big, big turd last night. But, as bad as they played, a ton of that was due to GA and what they brought with them to the game. Man for man they were bigger and faster as anyone could see and their game plan was phenomenal on both sides of the football as were their early game adjustments and completely shutting down the Frogs.

As far as it being the SEC and everyone else, you are pretty much spot on but I'd add in OSU and Clemson with them to.

25 years of BCS Nat'l titles looks like this:

15 - SEC
5 - ACC
2 - Big Ten
2 - Big-12
1 - Pac-12

It is even more dominant when looking at only the last 9 seasons that the CFP has been in place.
6 - SEC
2 - ACC
1 - Big Ten

Even more telling is the conferences win/loss records during these 1st 9 years of the CFP
SEC......16-5
ACC.......6-5
Pac-12...1-2
Big Ten...3-7
Big-12.....1-5
AAC.........0-1
Indepen....0-2

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Mako My Day] #8778019 01/10/23 07:57 PM
C
coachwhite34 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mako My Day
Every team has an off game, Georgia almost lost to Ohio State, and Michigan did lose to TCU. The two top teams were there last night, one was obviously better prepared, with better depth. Congrats to the dawgs, but TCU deserved their spot.

Being an ex coach you are right about better prepared and better depth. I add they were just better, bigger and faster and stronger at almost every position. In my experience you cannot prepare for that.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8778024 01/10/23 08:05 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Man, if you take out Ohio St and Clemson from the BIG and ACC, their conference CFP records are terrible. But then again, so is every conference except the SEC.

Take away Georgia and Bama from the SEC and what does that leave you? An LSU run in 19....what else? Between Georgia and Bama, they have amassed all but one of those SEC wins.

It is amazing, take away Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio St from the finals, and that leaves you with 3 teams over the history of the CFP. That is 15 of the 18 teams in the championship represented by 4 teams, and largely by 2, Bama and Clemson. Georgia has been 3 times and OSU 2.

Tell me college football is not a top heavy sport....

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8778039 01/10/23 08:25 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
These threads always make me laugh. I love the narrative how Michigan beat themselves and not so much TCU.

I watched a vastly different game than everyone else I guess. TCU physically beat Michigan on both sides of the ball. Look at Duggan's numbers. Below average! He did not have a good game, but he did make 2 unbelievable reads/plays that resulted in touchdowns. He also had 2 interceptions that resulted in 14 points for Michigan, so all the crying about Michigan's 2 picks sixes and how that would change the game can be said for Duggan's 2 interceptions. Demercado also fumbled the ball deep in Michigan territory that resulted in points. I think 3.

So do we still think TCU played the game of their life? Hardly. Go back and watch the game.

All a mute point. Georgia lined up and physically beat TCU up. First time I've seen the Frogs not play loose, look shocked, and quite during a game.

To think anyone else in college football would have beat that Georgia team on the field last night is pretty funny. Sure might have made it a closer game, but they executed the game plan to perfection.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: BarneyWho] #8778046 01/10/23 08:35 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by BarneyWho
These threads always make me laugh. I love the narrative how Michigan beat themselves and not so much TCU.

I watched a vastly different game than everyone else I guess. TCU physically beat Michigan on both sides of the ball. Look at Duggan's numbers. Below average! He did not have a good game, but he did make 2 unbelievable reads/plays that resulted in touchdowns. He has had 2 interceptions that resulted in 14 points for Michigan, so all the crying about Michigan's 2 picks sixes and how that would change the game can be said for Duggan's 2 interceptions. Demercado also fumbled the ball deep in Michigan territory that resulted in points. I think 3.

So do we still think TCU played the game of their life? Hardly. Go back and watch the game.

All a mute point. Georgia lined up and physically beat TCU up. First time I've seen the Frogs not play loose, look shocked, and quite during a game.

To think anyone else in college football would have beat that Georgia team on the field last night is pretty funny. Sure might have made it a closer game, but they executed the game plan to perfection.

Bottom line is this:

If TCU/Mich play each other 10 times it is likely 5-5 for both teams
If TCU/GA play each other 10 times it is likely 0-10 for TCU. I'm not saying it would be red-headed step child type beatings like what GA gave them last night, but GA is too big, strong, and fast across the board for TCU and that showed.

TCU played well against Michigan even though the QB had an average to below average game throwing the ball.
You can disagree with that statement all you want to but if you do then back it up with what games this year you believe TCU played better.
And please don't say the 55-24 win over a really, really bad OU team at that time because UT whooped that OU team a lot worse a week later.
It took TCU 2 OTs to beat #8 Ok St by a FG and they got a 10 point win over #17 K St who was clobbered by Alabama. Then they had a 7 point win over #18 Texas.
All I'm wondering is which game this season do you feel TCU played better than they did against Michigan because I'm not seeing it.

TCU had a really, really great season this year but was outmatched in the title game much like all but 1 or maybe 2 other teams in the country would have been.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8778068 01/10/23 09:01 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
TCU wasn't dominant all season long. I was at the Texas/TCU game and thought TCU looked terrible on offense, just so happened that Texas was even worse. That Baylor game was incredibly lucky to get that FG off. They were down 14 to OSU in the 4th quarter. They were down to Tech in the 4th quarter. And of course, they didn't even win the Big 12 Championship game.

All that being said, they did enough to win enough games to get to the Playoffs. And they beat the #2 team that everyone assumed they would lose to in Michigan. Sdo they deserved to be there last night more than anyone else. tOSU had their shot, Bama couldn't backdoor their way in, and USC got exploited in the Pac 12 Championship.

It probably does hurt the Big 12's chances with the committee going forward, but that's a whole other topic.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8778069 01/10/23 09:02 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
jeez, jeez, jeez boys - let it go

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8778071 01/10/23 09:04 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
If TCU/Mich play each other 10 times it is likely 5-5 for both teams
If TCU/GA play each other 10 times it is likely 0-10 for TCU. I'm not saying it would be red-headed step child type beatings like what GA gave them last night, but GA is too big, strong, and fast across the board for TCU and that showed.

TCU played well against Michigan even though the QB had an average to below average game throwing the ball.
You can disagree with that statement all you want to but if you do then back it up with what games this year you believe TCU played better.
And please don't say the 55-24 win over a really, really bad OU team at that time because UT whooped that OU team a lot worse a week later.
It took TCU 2 OTs to beat #8 Ok St by a FG and they got a 10 point win over #17 K St who was clobbered by Alabama. Then they had a 7 point win over #18 Texas.
All I'm wondering is which game this season do you feel TCU played better than they did against Michigan because I'm not seeing it.

TCU had a really, really great season this year but was outmatched in the title game much like all but 1 or maybe 2 other teams in the country would have been.

We can what if this to death and both of us would be right. I don't disagree with anything you said, but maybe the 5-5 Michigan comment. Michigan wasn't the big bad physical team everyone made them out to be. They were surprised by TCU's length and speed. Prime example. Go back and show me any Big 10 game Michigan played where their running back broke into the secondary and didn't score running away from defenders. First play of the game against TCU Edwards broke into the secondary with nothing but grass between him and the endzone. He got run down by a backside DB. Then Michigan gets inside their 10 yard line and can't score in 4 plays. They go for it on 4th down with a trick play. Call it what you want..........Michigan wasn't ready, Michigan got out coached, but to say Harbaugh isn't a veteran coach in that situation is laughable. That series told me all I needed to know about what their coaching staff thought about TCU's offense and their speed. Harbaugh knew Michigan needed TDs in the red zone to keep up with TCU's offense plain and simple. Otherwise he would have believed in that Top 5 defense of his after watching TCU's game film and kicked the field goal.

So since OU was what 17 or 18 at the time and undefeated I can't use that game. You don't think an azz kicking by TCU let any air out of OU and had an effect on how well UT did against them? Football don't work like that. So, I'm not going to be able to give you a game that will change your mind. I can tell you going down to Austin, TX for a night game with College Gameday on campus and 100K+ people in the stand rooting against you ain't no easy task. Unless you've actually played in a game like that I can never make you understand it. Momentum is games is a big deal. Once it gets rolling it's really hard to stop to turn into your favor. Also, coming from behind late in games takes a mental toll and physical toll week to week. It's really hard to get prepared for a game you know you are supposed to win. So, discounting what TCU did over the course of the season coming back late in games really devalues what a special team and team chemistry these guys really had that again I'll never be able to help you understand.

Now with all of that said, I don't think there's a team in college football this year that would have keep that game within 21 points of GA. They were on an entirely different level last night than they had been all year.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8778073 01/10/23 09:05 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Can we all agree the big 12 sucked this year?¹

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: Gringo Bling] #8778086 01/10/23 09:14 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
TCU wasn't dominant all season long. I was at the Texas/TCU game and thought TCU looked terrible on offense, just so happened that Texas was even worse. That Baylor game was incredibly lucky to get that FG off. They were down 14 to OSU in the 4th quarter. They were down to Tech in the 4th quarter. And of course, they didn't even win the Big 12 Championship game.

All that being said, they did enough to win enough games to get to the Playoffs. And they beat the #2 team that everyone assumed they would lose to in Michigan. So they deserved to be there last night more than anyone else. tOSU had their shot, Bama couldn't backdoor their way in, and USC got exploited in the Pac 12 Championship.

It probably does hurt the Big 12's chances with the committee going forward, but that's a whole other topic.

Well, you don't have to be the best team necessarily, you just have to be the best team on that particular day. Maybe TCU was lucky, destined, or whatever you want to call them, but the bottom line is they won. Any team in the Big 12 would have gladly changed places with them I assure you. GA was too much to handle with their clearly superior talent.

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8778087 01/10/23 09:14 PM
C
coachwhite34 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Can we all agree the big 12 sucked this year?¹

100%

Re: Official TCU v Georgia. [Re: coachwhite34] #8778105 01/10/23 09:33 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by coachwhite34
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Can we all agree the big 12 sucks almost every year?¹

100%

FIFY

In all seriousness, there is a reason Choklahoma got its name, and TCU just took that role from them and laid a huge dollop of "Big 12 is not invited here" on the playoff. Fortunately for the Big 12, the expansion guarantees their participation. But honestly, who is going to be the face of the big 12 going forward? TCU loses a lot this year. Not one team stands out as a legit team next year....

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide