Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: ntxtrapper] #8758816 12/15/22 09:08 PM
H
howl Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I guess it's illegal to decline to give narcan to recreational drugs users. Shame. I don't know if the gal in the video was worth saving or not, but I know heavy drug users aren't.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8758823 12/15/22 09:13 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted by howl
I guess it's illegal to decline to give narcan to recreational drugs users. Shame. I don't know if the gal in the video was worth saving or not, but I know heavy drug users aren't.

Pretty sure the gal in the video was a police officer that accidently overdosed when collecting evidence out of the car, some forms of it are that potent from what I have heard. Pretty scary stuff hitting our streets, but when the borders are open, what else would you expect? Oh wait, wrong thread for that comment. Backspace button not working, gonna have to let it slide.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: ntxtrapper] #8758858 12/15/22 09:44 PM
B
butch sanders Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
so what happened to her
it soaked in through her skin?

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: butch sanders] #8758868 12/15/22 09:50 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted by butch sanders
so what happened to her

inhaled it somehow. Think she started to say a gust of wind/breeze and then she starts to go out again. I dont know, would have to go back and listen closer. But it has to be ingested somehow. Usually its swallowed, but people have started to snort it and smoke it. Its crazy what people do.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8758884 12/15/22 10:10 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

Gotta ask, did you actually watch the video rofl?

When she is lying on the concrete at the 55 second mark she is clearly in a vest with a pink badge. During the video they take the vest off to make it easier to breathe which is what you see in the thumbnail of the video just a plain black shirt.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: ntxtrapper] #8758889 12/15/22 10:16 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Saw her on Fox this morning. She doesn't remember a lot but thinks it was in a rolled-up bill and when she was checking it a gust of wind blew some in her face.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: flashman252] #8758898 12/15/22 10:24 PM
B
butch sanders Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted by flashman252
Originally Posted by butch sanders
so what happened to her

inhaled it somehow. Think she started to say a gust of wind/breeze and then she starts to go out again. I dont know, would have to go back and listen closer. But it has to be ingested somehow. Usually its swallowed, but people have started to snort it and smoke it. Its crazy what people do.

thanks

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: KRoyal] #8758932 12/15/22 10:54 PM
H
howl Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by KRoyal

When she is lying on the concrete at the 55 second mark she is clearly in a vest with a pink badge. During the video they take the vest off to make it easier to breathe which is what you see in the thumbnail of the video just a plain black shirt.

Her line of work doesn't tell you her quality as a person. Maybe she's an asset to her community. Maybe she's an adventuress who tried to get a taste on the sly and got more than she bargained for. You don't know.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8758938 12/15/22 11:00 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D

Her line of work doesn't tell you her quality as a person. Maybe she's an asset to her community. Maybe she's an adventuress who tried to get a taste on the sly and got more than she bargained for. You don't know.

Dude, are you serious or a want-to-be troll? Have some respect for the law enforcement officer doing her damn job.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: Davis300] #8758984 12/15/22 11:45 PM
H
howl Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by Davis300

Dude, are you serious or a want-to-be troll? Have some respect for the law enforcement officer doing her damn job.

That's just boot-licking nonsense. I wasn't even being critical of her.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: ntxtrapper] #8759004 12/16/22 12:10 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Why are all them people from Alabama and Georgia joining the THF nidea

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: NORML as can be] #8759011 12/16/22 12:15 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by NORML as can be

They got ran off the BBC by Al, and joined the TFF and found the THF.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8759031 12/16/22 12:32 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

WTF?

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: RedRanger] #8759055 12/16/22 12:50 AM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by NORML as can be

They got ran off the BBC by Al, and joined the TFF and found the THF.

THATS EXACTLY WHY IM HERE LOL!!!! Al called me a racist and deleted so many of my posts about my feelings around the vaccination during the heart of Covid. Think around 50% of my posts got deleted in someway or another because of what I was saying based on first hand experience. It wasn't until my account got deleted, that I made a second account same day, got on there and ripped open a can of worms about how one sided and how unfairly regulated the forum was that another member told me about this place before that account got deleted as well. Bless the soul that turned me this way. Way better here!! Just goes to show that the democratic party likes to control what is said and control open minded thinking and freedom of speech. Ol' Elon is making that pretty obvious with his twitter work lately.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: ntxtrapper] #8759059 12/16/22 12:53 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
What is BBC?

[Linked Image]

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: ntxtrapper] #8759062 12/16/22 12:55 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Bass boat central

[Linked Image]
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8759072 12/16/22 01:01 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
She’s lucky her assets were there. She knew it was fixing to start and then went from walking to not breathing in just a few seconds.

Even scarier was after the first two doses and she was leaning against the other cop’s legs, telling them what happened, and she started losing it again, requiring the third dose. Never seen anyone require/receive narcan before and didn’t know you could slip back into it like that. I’m glad they were there with her and had enough doses to keep administering until paramedics arrived.

It looks like they squeeze a bottle in your nose. Is that right? Or does the person have be breathing and inhale it? How would that work if the person wasn’t breathing? I guess I thought it was a shot and not in a bottle like that.

Intra-nasal is handy, and about the only option non-EMS have. The best-est route is a left AC IV, but you gotta be a Paramedic, RN, or Doc to start an IV. Intramuscular can also be fairly quick. It wouldn't be too difficult to teach LEOs to administer it via IM, but then you have to work around the medical-legal side of things.

We used to go straight to 2.0 MG, and the vomit would often follow. Now we administer .4 mg, and keep adding just enough to bring back respiratory drive. But that's mostly to keep the avid user from coming all the way out of it and starting to fight with us. An LEO, I wouldn't mind going up to 2.0 mg pretty quickly, but still in .4 mg increments. And having another 2.0 mg drawn up and ready. They did great by rolling her over when she started to vomit.

But, these LEOs were doing what they could, waiting on their ambulance.

eta: On the IN route, yes the patient would have to be breathing. Or, hopefully LEOs are issued pocket masks. It is a mask just like what is on a bag valve mask, but the rescuer has to put their mouth on a mouthpiece and breath for the patient. Like mouth to mouth, but with with a mask in between, that seals the mouth and nose of the patient.

Thank you both for interesting and informed responses.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: Bee'z] #8759075 12/16/22 01:02 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by HoneyBeez
Bass boat central

Ahh gotcha. Makes sense now.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: Bee'z] #8759084 12/16/22 01:06 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by HoneyBeez
Bass boat central

Oh, good grief!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8759087 12/16/22 01:09 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

You are a serious P.O.S.

You would not say that to her face and in front of her brothers.

You will get zero slack from me, from now on.

I hope you get run off, as you deserve.

The new N.P. Walking piece of chit.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: howl] #8759090 12/16/22 01:15 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
That was clearly her first experience with any narcotic. A bit of dust, in the air, while on a traffic stop affected her greatly. She has zero tolerance built up, for narcotics. The exact same would happen to me. The strongest pain relievers I've ever had, in my 42.5 years has been Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Yet she gets accused of drug seeking as an on duty, uniformed law enforcement officer.

The 1% of trash people on this forum show up from time to time.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: J.G.] #8759106 12/16/22 01:35 AM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
That was clearly her first experience with any narcotic. A bit of dust, in the air, while on a traffic stop affected her greatly. She has zero tolerance built up, for narcotics. The exact same would happen to me. The strongest pain relievers I've ever had, in my 42.5 years has been Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Yet she gets accused of drug seeking as an on duty, uniformed law enforcement officer.

Same here, never had a narcotic in my body. Not that I am opposed to them. And honestly, I will say this... if they are taken correctly they aren't an issue. Hang in there, I know what you're thinking. I have a best friend that takes an oxycodone 3 times daily and you'd never know it. He hates it himself. Had a crushing back injury and not a surgical candidate. So he was introduced to narcotics. He has tried everything but has side effects to gabapentin and lyrica (drugs that help calm the nerves within the spine and sometimes work better for back injuries). He absolutely refused to take them initially but he couldn't even get through a full day of work without his back acting up so bad. He finally gave in, finally started taking the dose his doc prescribed, admitted to feeling the high for about 30-45 minutes after taking them but otherwise he had no pain. Started getting through entire work shifts but hid it for a long long time because he was so aggravated he had to take them. He felt like he was apart of the problem for so long and that wore on his mental for quite a few years. Having children of his own, he absolutely didn't want any chance of them knowing for the longest time and still to this day keeps them locked away in his gun safe.

Fast forward 10 years later and he called me crying. Said they werent working for him anymore. I explained to him he finally built up a tolerance and was time to ask for an increased dose. He hated the idea of doing this. I told him just to talk with his doc and see what he said. His doc said that it took 10 years to ask for an up (increase in prescription), never called for an early refill, never abused narcotics and that he was on a smaller dose than 90% of his patient load and was shocked it took this long for him to have to increase the dosage anyways. So it wasn't an issue in any way signing his prescription for a higher dose. My friend has held the same job for 18 years now, he still is active with his family and only reason he is slowing down is due to age at this point. To date, you would never know he took them 3 times a day to maintain the pain in his back. If everyone took them the way they were prescribed and not abused, we wouldn't have near the issue today. The problem is addiction is real, remains real, and people love to abuse drugs in any way they can.

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: flashman252] #8759160 12/16/22 02:18 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Same here, never had a narcotic in my body. Not that I am opposed to them. And honestly, I will say this... if they are taken correctly they aren't an issue. Hang in there, I know what you're thinking. I have a best friend that takes an oxycodone 3 times daily and you'd never know it. He hates it himself. Had a crushing back injury and not a surgical candidate. So he was introduced to narcotics. He has tried everything but has side effects to gabapentin and lyrica (drugs that help calm the nerves within the spine and sometimes work better for back injuries). He absolutely refused to take them initially but he couldn't even get through a full day of work without his back acting up so bad. He finally gave in, finally started taking the dose his doc prescribed, admitted to feeling the high for about 30-45 minutes after taking them but otherwise he had no pain. Started getting through entire work shifts but hid it for a long long time because he was so aggravated he had to take them. He felt like he was apart of the problem for so long and that wore on his mental for quite a few years. Having children of his own, he absolutely didn't want any chance of them knowing for the longest time and still to this day keeps them locked away in his gun safe.

Fast forward 10 years later and he called me crying. Said they werent working for him anymore. I explained to him he finally built up a tolerance and was time to ask for an increased dose. He hated the idea of doing this. I told him just to talk with his doc and see what he said. His doc said that it took 10 years to ask for an up (increase in prescription), never called for an early refill, never abused narcotics and that he was on a smaller dose than 90% of his patient load and was shocked it took this long for him to have to increase the dosage anyways. So it wasn't an issue in any way signing his prescription for a higher dose. My friend has held the same job for 18 years now, he still is active with his family and only reason he is slowing down is due to age at this point. To date, you would never know he took them 3 times a day to maintain the pain in his back. If everyone took them the way they were prescribed and not abused, we wouldn't have near the issue today. The problem is addiction is real, remains real, and people love to abuse drugs in any way they can.

I have no doubt about your friend, and I honestly hope he gets relief. I agree, he has been strict on himself and has made it a long time being that way.

I deal with the people that probably have never earned an honest wage. They seek narcs daily, and sit around being a drag on society. They O.D. due to new supplier, unknown contents, built up tolerance and self administered higher dose. And we come along and save their azzes.

Accusing an active duty, young LEO of the same type of drug seeking is as low as whale chit.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: flashman252] #8759166 12/16/22 02:26 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

I don’t know if they’d help but I’d be glad to send your friend some samples of my CBD products. It’s definitely not the same, but I got my tonsils taken out back in October and it was absolutely terrible. Dr had me on some Hydrocodone liquid at first and it did nothing for me. They finally changed it over to oxy after I called and complained. The Oxy helped more but still not great probably due to the low dosage they gave me. I quit the meds half way through recovery and went back to my products and it was night and day. The gummies last for about 4-6 hours for pain relief.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fentanyl and Narcan [Re: flashman252] #8759271 12/16/22 04:05 AM
K
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
K

Great post. This is why the War on Pain Meds hasn't been helpful for everyone. The fact that some docs are on board with the War and feel that people with chronic pain who need the narcotic must be drug addicts only makes it worse.

Additionally, chronic pain has a significant impact on the patient's mental health. May not be in severe pain, but a constant chronic pain of 3-4 on the pain scale will absolutely and litterally drive a person bonkers.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide