Forums46
Topics538,114
Posts9,733,133
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: To the SOB that parked past my decoys at 8am [Re: Jobst] #8735874 11/16/22 08:22 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
You got a cape?

Re: To the SOB that parked past my decoys at 8am [Re: Jobst] #8736011 11/16/22 11:02 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Jobst
To the SOB that parked 20 yards past my decoys in my line of fire @ 8 am opener.

I got up at 3am and walked a long way for opener. Just because you suck at duck hunting or are lazy and decide to go "scout" at 8 am on opening day doesn't give you the right to screw up someone else hunt or think the world revolves around you. You may know a land owner or have permission to cut through their land but the land you are driving he doesn't own and you are in violation with public hunting laws by having a vehicle on it. Also just to screw up someone else hunt given that birds were possibly coming into my dekes saw your truck then landed elsewhere causing me to miss them warrants you a fine.
I hope the 3 shots I fired on the birds was a warning to you not to be an ahole and 8am on an opener at that. DBAG!!

It sure would be horrible if birds happen to fly over your truck next time.

PS learn the difference between real birds and dekes with a MOJO instead of staring at my spread for 10 minutes.

At 20 yards away from your spread did you walk over and doe pop the dude? People who pull stunts like that generally know what they are doing and don’t give a rip, even if they play the stupid card. In the same vein, putting your spread 20 yards from the road is somewhat inviting a disruption from someone when hunting public ground…

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: To the SOB that parked past my decoys at 8am [Re: Jobst] #8736372 11/17/22 01:41 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
i had a blind 100 feet north of the Big Boggy National Wildlife refuge for a couple seasons. The outfitter landowner did not like me being there, at all. If he knew I was hunting, he would drive down near the water and tie a puppy up to a tree and drive off. That puppy would yip and bark all morning long. I kept on hunting and never said anything to the DB. Finally he just burned me out. The hunting wasn't that great so I just moved on. Don't think it didn't cross my mind to burn his stuff but I don't have time for all that kind of crap.

Re: To the SOB that parked past my decoys at 8am [Re: Jobst] #8737376 11/18/22 05:32 PM
M
Misfire Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Three seasons ago I was solo hunting lake-x. I got out to the spot around 4am, put my decoys out and settled into the boat. Between the time I settled in and shooting light, I flagged off a couple of boats with my spotlight. They were courteous and moved on. However, about 20min before legal, a boat with 3 “gentleman” and a dog motored up.

Despite me shining my light at them, they kept coming until they were close enough that one of them hollered out, “You can turn your light out, we effing see you!” They motored right through my decoy spread and beached their boat 60 yards downwind from where I was sitting. I couldn’t believe it. The next thing I know, they start tossing decoys out.

I yell over at them, that they are too close and are sitting up in the direction I was planning on shooting. One of the guys yells back that they are far enough and would be too bothered by being peppered. He said they had scouted this location a few days prior and had their minds set on hunting there. They weren’t leaving on my account.

We had a fairly heated argument, a few words were exchanged and they started picking up their decoys and throwing them in the boat. I don’t think they realized, as they were talking amongst themselves, over the motor, but I could clearly hear them as they motored past. One of them says, “We should go back there and shoot that Sumbit(h.”

Public can be a real show sometimes..

"I wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby

"Mind bottling isn't it?" -Chazz Michael Michaels

Re: To the SOB that parked past my decoys at 8am [Re: Jobst] #8737997 11/19/22 01:26 PM
J
Jobst Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
J
To everyone that say why didn't you go talk to him. Well first off I was not in the right frame of mind. I was angry and it's better to just not do that in circumstances. I know no one but me has experienced that I'm sure. My actions my opinion. Second this was opening day at 8 am. Not the middle of Dec or at 10am when the birds stop flying. This was prime time for birds to come in. Now I know some individuals on here don't care if they miss birds and would rather go have a conversation but I don't have that luxury since I live in a part of TX that doesn't see a ton of birds unless you own private or pay for outfitters. The hunts I make I have to do a lot of work for and sometimes they are successful and sometimes not but I'm not getting out of my blind at 8 am on an opener unless you have a badge on. Once again my opinion it doesn't have to be yours.

For the people that say it was passive aggressive. Thats comical do you realize through the years how many passive aggressive things I have seen on here. Anyway, the so called rant was for 2 reasons. First there are a ton of people that read this forum but never post so maybe this person did and will learn proper hunting ettiqutte, maybe not. Second maybe it might teach someone else or spark a conversation about what it means to be considerate during hunting season. Once again my opinion not asking you to agree or for approval. I can see by some of the stories I'm not thenomly one that experiences people like that.

Agree or disagree, I don't care. Take down the thread I don't care. But those are my reasons for my actions and lack of actions and posting on a forum for TX hunting which is a way for mass communication to a lot not hunter in TX.

Oh and I told the gentleman but my spread wasn't near the road. It was way back on public and the individual drove through property that backs up to it then drove on public land.

Re: To the SOB that parked past my decoys at 8am [Re: Misfire] #8738027 11/19/22 02:15 PM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by Misfire
Three seasons ago I was solo hunting lake-x. I got out to the spot around 4am, put my decoys out and settled into the boat. Between the time I settled in and shooting light, I flagged off a couple of boats with my spotlight. They were courteous and moved on. However, about 20min before legal, a boat with 3 “gentleman” and a dog motored up.

Despite me shining my light at them, they kept coming until they were close enough that one of them hollered out, “You can turn your light out, we effing see you!” They motored right through my decoy spread and beached their boat 60 yards downwind from where I was sitting. I couldn’t believe it. The next thing I know, they start tossing decoys out.

I yell over at them, that they are too close and are sitting up in the direction I was planning on shooting. One of the guys yells back that they are far enough and would be too bothered by being peppered. He said they had scouted this location a few days prior and had their minds set on hunting there. They weren’t leaving on my account.

We had a fairly heated argument, a few words were exchanged and they started picking up their decoys and throwing them in the boat. I don’t think they realized, as they were talking amongst themselves, over the motor, but I could clearly hear them as they motored past. One of them says, “We should go back there and shoot that Sumbit(h.”

Public can be a real show sometimes..

I have a walk in spot that is just 4-500 yards from the parking lot. I normally don't like to hunt it bc its so close to the parking area. But it was holding a few birds and it was during the week so I thought why not. 10 minutes before legal 2 guys come walking down to it. Wtf, I shine em off, hear them talking that some one is there.... they still come. They are like we will just hunt over here... ya literally 30-40 yards from me. The way the birds come into this spot they would fly past me first. I ended up shooting my limit and they shot 4,5,6 between the 2 of them.

Ended up talking to them after the hunt, they were nice and meant well. Guess one of the guys had a bad back and couldn't walk very far. Just relatively new hunters that didn't really know the etiquette of public land

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide