Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: TCM3] #8698617 09/30/22 01:16 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
The words you quoted as written by James Madison are certainly central to the United States of America. There’s no disputing that fact.

However, the OP specifically excluded sedition, an illegal means for succession.

Forgive me, for I am slightly confused, where does the article mention sedition.
What we would do, in the act of secession, would be no different that what the 13 colonies did 200 years ago...

The Declaration of Independence was an act of sedition and treason. Had they been caught, the signers would have been tried and likely executed under those charges.

Have you looked up the definition of sedition?

To be determined
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698638 09/30/22 01:44 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8698646 09/30/22 01:50 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by TCM3
The words you quoted as written by James Madison are certainly central to the United States of America. There’s no disputing that fact.

However, the OP specifically excluded sedition, an illegal means for succession.

Forgive me, for I am slightly confused, where does the article mention sedition.
What we would do, in the act of secession, would be no different that what the 13 colonies did 200 years ago...

The Declaration of Independence was an act of sedition and treason. Had they been caught, the signers would have been tried and likely executed under those charges.

Have you looked up the definition of sedition?

Many of them died for what they believed in. You act like it was a ho-hum cake walk for those that pledged their lives to fight for what they believed in. I think the majority of them died or lost everything. I bet they’d all do it again without thought.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698691 09/30/22 02:34 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
The long and the short is that it's not going to happen. People erroneously dumb this down to a fault. We'll fight 'em! Really? With what? All the military bases is surely your answer. Those don't belong to Texas. They simply happen to be in Texas. You really think all of us red necks have a leg to stand on against the United States military? Lol. The United States won't let it happen. There are other facets to success or failure but they don't matter simply based on my previous point. I'd love to see that I'm wrong. But I won't.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: TCM3] #8698694 09/30/22 02:38 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

That’s a really nice website but it doesn’t change the facts about the legality of succession..

I’ve not expressed a personal agreement or disagreement with succession but anyone who thinks it could happen according to the link is ignorant. Like a land of make believe.

To be determined
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8698708 09/30/22 02:58 AM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Zero possibility of this happening.

up

And there's no legal means for it happening.

People entering our country (illegally) by the millions seems to be happening just fine. So there IS a way....whether or not the rest of the republic likes it or not...if things get bad enough. Hate to see our Great State turning into 'little Commiefornia' but its happening incrementally already.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698725 09/30/22 03:15 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It is to late. We missed the window about 30 years ago.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698730 09/30/22 03:20 AM
J
Jason Fry Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Here's the way I look at it. Popular support grows, and so the legislature calls for a referendum. Think Scotland 2014 or Brexit. Pending the outcome, negotiations begin. Only a fool would wish for war, but there are certainly fools in DC. If the US takes military action to prevent a peaceful referendum and withdrawal, that puts them on par with Russia and China.

I think we can fix things better if we circle the wagons. I don't want to try and fix Texas by asking Cali or NJ their opinion. If you're here, and you came here from Cali or whatever, you get a voice because now you're here.

Did y'all realize a bill was filed to this effect last session? Did you know the Republican Party of Texas platform has two planks (33 and 225) that call for a referendum? We're not talking "sedition," unless voting is sedition.

I'm working from a laptop in the car while my wife drives, not ideal for precise work on this thread. Some other time I'll break down why I don't think Texas v. White or the US Civil war are relevant, and lay out the US and Texas constitutional grounds that support a referendum.

Last edited by Jason Fry; 09/30/22 03:25 AM.

Jason Fry
Fry Custom Knives
@frycustomknives on Instagram
Join my mailing list HERE.
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: hetman] #8698733 09/30/22 03:29 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by hetman
I would like to see another "Republic of Texas" in my lifetime & live up to our motto " Texas whole other country".

But it cannot be violent succession. we would not win that war!! All they would have to do is take down Texas very Shakey/broke [censored] power grid during July/Aug time frame & people would be Crying. They don't even have to put Boots on the ground - It could be done easy. dead_horse

Oh it's too hot for the transplants?

Great, GTFO!

Generations of my family slept outside in the summer. They were high rollin when they finally had a screened in porch.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698765 09/30/22 04:28 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jason Fry
Here's the way I look at it. Popular support grows, and so the legislature calls for a referendum. Think Scotland 2014 or Brexit. Pending the outcome, negotiations begin. Only a fool would wish for war, but there are certainly fools in DC. If the US takes military action to prevent a peaceful referendum and withdrawal, that puts them on par with Russia and China.

I think we can fix things better if we circle the wagons. I don't want to try and fix Texas by asking Cali or NJ their opinion. If you're here, and you came here from Cali or whatever, you get a voice because now you're here.

Did y'all realize a bill was filed to this effect last session? Did you know the Republican Party of Texas platform has two planks (33 and 225) that call for a referendum? We're not talking "sedition," unless voting is sedition.

I'm working from a laptop in the car while my wife drives, not ideal for precise work on this thread. Some other time I'll break down why I don't think Texas v. White or the US Civil war are relevant, and lay out the US and Texas constitutional grounds that support a referendum.

Through peaceful and parliamentary procedures have at it. Give it a try. We have that right.

To be determined
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698773 09/30/22 04:57 AM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Our state, our decision.
I would support my fellow Texans.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698800 09/30/22 11:14 AM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Succession, that's where you lost me.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8698855 09/30/22 12:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Sounds so good and daddy always said, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't." If we were to secede, every other red state would suffer the consequences and America would be left with a simple blue majority population and electoral vote. What would be left would then go down the tubes. Why don't we just go ahead and shoot the finger at OK, FL, SD and other states with generally conservative values?

Ain't gonna happen.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Mickey Moose] #8698979 09/30/22 02:46 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
The long and the short is that it's not going to happen. People erroneously dumb this down to a fault. We'll fight 'em! Really? With what? All the military bases is surely your answer. Those don't belong to Texas. They simply happen to be in Texas. You really think all of us red necks have a leg to stand on against the United States military? Lol. The United States won't let it happen. There are other facets to success or failure but they don't matter simply based on my previous point. I'd love to see that I'm wrong. But I won't.

Most of the people talking about fighting are exhausted after a weekend at deer camp. However, recently sheep herders and rice farmers were rather successful against the might of the U.S.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Choctaw] #8698986 09/30/22 02:49 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Choctaw

Most of the people talking about fighting are exhausted after a weekend at deer camp. However, recently sheep herders and rice farmers were rather successful against the might of the U.S.

And poppy growers.

To be determined
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8698999 09/30/22 03:06 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Choctaw

And poppy growers.

Oh yes, the cash crop coming from that little mountain paradise.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8699006 09/30/22 03:12 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jason Fry

Through peaceful and parliamentary procedures have at it. Give it a try. We have that right.

Exactly.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
(R-TX)
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8699147 09/30/22 08:19 PM
S
SherpaPhil Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Do you honestly not know what happened the last time Texas peacefully voted to leave the union?

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8699158 09/30/22 08:38 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
When and I mean when (Ain’t gonna happen peacefully) the union breaks up America is gone. You’d have British, Russia, Chinese all fighting one another through proxies. (As we have done for a century) trying to get their piece of the pie.

It’s a pipe dream dude. Give it up

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8699159 09/30/22 08:40 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I would be for it if the USA would allow it to happen peacefully.

I don’t see that ever happening.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: BradyBuck] #8699166 09/30/22 09:06 PM
S
SherpaPhil Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
I would be for it if the USA would allow it to happen peacefully.

I don’t see that ever happening.

About as likely as Texas letting the counties in the Permian vote to join New Mexico.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: SherpaPhil] #8699171 09/30/22 09:11 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
Do you honestly not know what happened the last time Texas peacefully voted to leave the union?

And joined the confederacy.
I don't think there will be a confederation of states leave at once.

(R-TX)
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8699278 09/30/22 11:22 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
We’ll just claim our independence, and when the U.S. invades Texas to claim what they think is theirs, we’ll play the victim. Then, the U.S. will feel obligated to support Texas with billions of dollars. At that point, how could they continue with any sort of attack?

That’s how this works, right? Seems like that happened, recently, elsewhere.

Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Jason Fry] #8699295 09/30/22 11:54 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We could call ourselves texkainians roflmao

🍻
Re: Voter support for Texas independence [Re: Sneaky] #8699304 10/01/22 12:17 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
We’ll just claim our independence, and when the U.S. invades Texas to claim what they think is theirs, we’ll play the victim. Then, the U.S. will feel obligated to support Texas with billions of dollars. At that point, how could they continue with any sort of attack?

That’s how this works, right? Seems like that happened, recently, elsewhere.

Yup

(R-TX)
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide