Print Thread
Digital license and waterfowl stamp #8677751 08/31/22 11:18 AM
G
Greekangler Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
G
Silly question- what the heck do u do w physical stamp? Typically not valid unless signed on physical hunting license-

[Linked Image]
Take a kid Huntin
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677814 08/31/22 12:43 PM
R
RayB Online Content
red bone Bob
Online Content
red bone Bob
R
Looks like they still have a few bugs to work out. Not a silly question at all, I went the hard copy route myself, but I'm old and don't trust these new fangled things. laugh

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677815 08/31/22 12:47 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I treat my electronic copy as redundancy.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677818 08/31/22 12:49 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I mean isn't the physical stamp rather useless if it says you paid for it on your license?

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8677819 08/31/22 12:50 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I mean isn't the physical stamp rather useless if it says you paid for it on your license?

Shoot there are green jeans out there that will ticket you for not having it signed. Though it’s stuck to your license with your name on it.

So I’d say no.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: ducknbass] #8677823 08/31/22 12:55 PM
H
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Shoot there are green jeans out there that will ticket you for not having it signed. Though it’s stuck to your license with your name on it.

So I’d say no.

I understand that, but with things changing slowly to digital something is going to need to change in regards to signing over the stamp.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677843 08/31/22 01:22 PM
S
Savage243 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Stick it on the back of your phone under your case so it is technically attached to your state license. I would like to hear their reasoning for issuing a citation at that point.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677851 08/31/22 01:45 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Ya this bit me awhile back, the warden didnt have an answer, I didnt have an answer but told me I needed to print my license and have the stamp stuck to it and signed. He was very reasonable and actually a super nice guy. We both actually joked about how stupid it seemed and I showed him that I had bought the stamp well before the day he was checking me, but he also showed me where a bought license online is only valid for 30 days until it is received (which I was outside of). Not even technically a warning, just shook his hand, told him it was at home, he told me to fix it and let me go. Since that interaction, buy all my licenses online, print the license, sign, stamp and then sign the stamp. Pretty much the same ol paper way if you ask me. Only difference is it is on printer paper now and not some special "fill in the box and fold" type of license.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677900 08/31/22 02:36 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
BTW, I just tried to sign mine with two different pens that work. The ink won't stick. First time that's ever happened. bang

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: LarryCopper] #8677916 08/31/22 02:50 PM
H
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
BTW, I just tried to sign mine with two different pens that work. The ink won't stick. First time that's ever happened. bang

sharpie!

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8677922 08/31/22 03:02 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

sharpie!

Good idea. I got the L to stick and decided that's prolly enough.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8677952 08/31/22 03:37 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
I actually just try not to sign my waterfowl stamp. It's kind of a game I have played for a long time. I keep all my licenses year after year and the years that I look at that are not signed, those are years I know I was never checked by a warden.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8678005 08/31/22 04:29 PM
D
Ders26 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I went the online route. I got my duck stamp, signed it and put it in my wallet. I didn't remove it from the paper it came on. They make you sign it so you don't keep handing the same stamp around based on whoever is hunting that day. If they want to ticket me because I did it wrong, I will take my chances on the judge having common sense.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: ducknbass] #8684972 09/10/22 06:23 PM
D
dk2429 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D

So I’d say no.

Almost got a ticket from a federal game warden for that. Checked my stamp, pulled out a pen, and said "Mr (my name), you can either sign your duck stamp for me right here or I can write you a ticket. You get to choose what this pen does"

I signed it... Lol. I've never been hit for that before by any of the state guys. I guess the feds are the ones looking for that kinda stuff

Last edited by dk2429; 09/10/22 06:24 PM.
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Greekangler] #8685148 09/10/22 10:36 PM
T
tophorsecop Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Yes stamp must be signed...no it can stay attached to the "backing" it comes on or stuck to your phone or to any of the state licenses you carry...just has to be with you and signed...you only need 1 Federal Duck Stamp for the entire country...at $29, what a bargain !!!

"Guns don't kill people, Guns kill dinner!"
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: dk2429] #8686004 09/12/22 01:21 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by dk2429

So I’d say no.

Almost got a ticket from a federal game warden for that. Checked my stamp, pulled out a pen, and said "Mr (my name), you can either sign your duck stamp for me right here or I can write you a ticket. You get to choose what this pen does"

I signed it... Lol. I've never been hit for that before by any of the state guys. I guess the feds are the ones looking for that kinda stuff

Same thing happened to me with a federal warden, although he just handed me the pen and told me it had to be signed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Ders26] #8686445 09/12/22 07:06 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted by Ders26
I went the online route. I got my duck stamp, signed it and put it in my wallet. I didn't remove it from the paper it came on. They make you sign it so you don't keep handing the same stamp around based on whoever is hunting that day. If they want to ticket me because I did it wrong, I will take my chances on the judge having common sense.

Thats kind of stupid though, most signatures are not legible anyways. My signature could probably pass for 9 other guys lol. They can't tell whether or not it is my signature or someone else.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: RayB] #8686460 09/12/22 07:41 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by RayB
Looks like they still have a few bugs to work out. Not a silly question at all, I went the hard copy route myself, but I'm old and don't trust these new fangled things. laugh

That bug will never be worked out. Federal requirements vs State requirements. This is why the Texas digital license is a waste of time.

Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: ntxtrapper] #8686812 09/13/22 02:28 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by RayB

That bug will never be worked out. Federal requirements vs State requirements. This is why the Texas digital license is a waste of time.

It’s great for fishing. I have a hard copy for the duck stamp but also have the digital version for the rest of the hunting and fishing seasons on my phone.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Digital license and waterfowl stamp [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8686821 09/13/22 02:40 AM
D
dk2429 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by dk2429

So I’d say no.

Same thing happened to me with a federal warden, although he just handed me the pen and told me it had to be signed.

I've been checked numerous times prior to that by the state guys and never an issue. First check by the fed and the first thing he tells me to do is sign my stamp.

Just FYI for anyone that might run across this post in the future... If you happen to run into a game warden that makes you sign your stamp, do NOT tell them that you didn't sign it because you collect them. INSTANT ticket (according to the federal warden that made me sign mine.) He basically told me that if I were to tell him I didn't sign it because I collect them, he'd write me a ticket because in his eyes I knew the law, but refused to follow it.

Best thing to do is just sign it. If you want a clean one to collect, just buy another one.

Last edited by dk2429; 09/13/22 02:41 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide