Uvalde report #8643167 07/18/22 04:08 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
On news tonight. Few details but here are some highlights:

1. No LEO took control of the situation, the whole response was rudderless since no one took control
2. LEO knew from 911 dispatcher there were kids still alive but hurt in the classrooms, and LEOs standing outside the classroom stood by and tried to negotiate with shooter
3. LEO prior had attempted unsuccessfully to negotiate with shooter
4. School had inadequate safety features
5. Shooter had made several threats and none of the people who knew of them alerted authorities

I can not imagine beinf a parent of one of the killed knowing cops KNEW there were kids alive but hurt in the classroom while many LEO stood outside the door with armor and weapons and tried to talk to the shooter instead of taking him out. The 911 dispatch call to LEO came around 40 minutes in, and definitive action didn’t happen for at least another 30 minutes (IIRC).

How so many LEOs failed to operate the way they were trained is hard to fathom.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643169 07/18/22 04:14 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Concho, tomorrow is going to suck for you as that is [censored] and you know it. They failed

[Linked Image]
Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643171 07/18/22 04:16 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I found this interesting also.

"Burrows also said that there were many police officers who were at the elementary school and were being given false information".

"In fairness, there were many officers at that scene who were either denied access to the building, we're told, misinformation, some were even told false information. Some were told that the police chief of the consolidated school District was actually inside the room actually negotiating with the shooter, such that they did not know what was happening," Burrows said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-uvalde-shooting-report-reveals-multiple-systemic-failiures

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643173 07/18/22 04:24 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
My large department just barely got everything under control at the bad one I was at. This was a much smaller city and the number of different agencies seems like it would help, but it just adds confusion due to comms being different and everyone having their own policies. They would have had a much better chance of getting it right with just one adequately staffed agency being involved.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643174 07/18/22 04:26 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
The news report on WFAA did not mention that aspect. I have not seen anywhere to access the whole report, dont know we will.

I have no doubt there was a complete lack of effective communication since no one took command, no one would have set up effective communication command.

This is pretty much organization reaction to mass disaster 101, someone take control, and that person delegates communication, jobs, and creates “order”. I understand chaos and the effect of confusion, but how could someone not take charge and direct like a leader? That part seems really weird to me.

Firs thing that happens when there is a code in the hospital is a leader takes charge and lets everyone know. There is a reason why military has rank, the highest ranking person is in charge. Shouldn’t the same have happened with LEO here? I simply don’t understand how that didn’t happen almost immediately.

I guess we got to see what happens when there is a free for all….

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643184 07/18/22 04:49 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
The news report on WFAA did not mention that aspect. I have not seen anywhere to access the whole report, dont know we will.

I have no doubt there was a complete lack of effective communication since no one took command, no one would have set up effective communication command.

This is pretty much organization reaction to mass disaster 101, someone take control, and that person delegates communication, jobs, and creates “order”. I understand chaos and the effect of confusion, but how could someone not take charge and direct like a leader? That part seems really weird to me.

Firs thing that happens when there is a code in the hospital is a leader takes charge and lets everyone know. There is a reason why military has rank, the highest ranking person is in charge. Shouldn’t the same have happened with LEO here? I simply don’t understand how that didn’t happen almost immediately.

I guess we got to see what happens when there is a free for all….

The highest ranking person there was the ISD Chief. His decisions were apparently not correct.

We always kept command and control of any situation like this in our city regardless of who showed up, but we had the knowledge, experience and resources to deal with anything. No other agency was allowed to even be present until the scene was secure.

This was a small city agency who was not prepared, and just to make things even more confusing, multiple other agencies involved in an active scene.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643188 07/18/22 05:01 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
who's the guy who got a boo boo on his head and ran away?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643189 07/18/22 05:04 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
From what i saw, the chief of the ISD dept was inside? Maybe i am wrong or misunderstood what was said. Hard to be in charge when you are actively involved in the response. But one thing the report did say was the ISD chief specifically stated he was not in charge, which sounds like the problem. Maybe he should have been, maybe not, BUT, when others arrive and realize no one had effectively set up command, no one else stood up and did such a thing. No one wanted to lead, which is a failure of training and also of any mass crisis protocol.

It would he much easier to understand the failures IF the failures were simply due to inaccurate information or communication or even just bad decision making by the command, but knowing the response was a purely chaotic free for all makes this much harder to swallow. That simple fact violates every protocol for any crisis and all training that any dept performa for mass crisis events. That is what i don’t get. Were they totally unprepared or did they just panic and fail to follow their training?

Knowing the ISD had at least 40 lockdowns for police events due to illegal alien activity during the school year makes me think they simply panicked and didn’t follow training, because if they didn’t train for any type of mass crisis event then they were just plain stupid.

Doesn’t make anything any better, but those parents have a right to be very upset and not just at the dead shooter.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Bee'z] #8643191 07/18/22 05:11 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Concho, tomorrow [this] is going to suck for you as that is BS and you know it. They failed

I added a “this” unless you intended a homosexual reference.

To be determined
Re: Uvalde report [Re: Bee'z] #8643260 07/18/22 12:06 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Concho, tomorrow is going to suck for you as that is [censored] and you know it. They failed

He will show up saying that this is not the official report...again.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: The Dude Abides] #8643291 07/18/22 12:49 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

I think he knows that he spoke/wrote hastily. End of the day no one wants their peers to be shone in that light.

Hopefully this tragedy brings about new trading programs not just for LEO’s but schools also

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643296 07/18/22 12:52 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
As I said on other occasions including when the information came out about two days after the tragedy occurred and our governor received false information: The response was not correct, the delay cost lives, everyone involved will have to live with their decisions from that day, and I refuse to condemn every officer at the scene that day. You guys can continue to bring up my name like a bunch of eight year olds, but I am never going to condemn the officers like some of you have done. Now if you all want to continue this debate go right ahead, please leave me out of it.

Last edited by Concho; 07/18/22 01:04 PM.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8643303 07/18/22 12:59 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I think he knows that he spoke/wrote hastily. End of the day no one wants their peers to be shone in that light.

Hopefully this tragedy brings about new trading programs not just for LEO’s but schools also

No I didn't speak hastily, miss speak or any otherwise speak out of turn, I will always wait for facts and I never run around like a rabid skunk condemning without the knowledge to do so. I couldn't care less about a peer who committed an unthinkable act, I won't protect them, and I never tried to protect them. You guys have condemn these officers enough for everyone, so carry-on.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Buzzsaw] #8643304 07/18/22 12:59 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
who's the guy who got a boo boo on his head and ran away?

That’s a pretty normal reaction to check yourself after getting peppered with sheet rock at 3000 fps. Sometimes when you get shot , you don’t know you’re shot

Atleast he went down the hall

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Concho] #8643309 07/18/22 01:06 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Concho
As I said on other occasions including when the information came out about two days after the tragedy occurred and our governor received false information: The response was not correct, the delay cost lives, everyone involved will have to live with their decisions from that day, and I refuse to condemn every officer at the scene that day. You guys can continue to bring up my name like a bunch of eight year olds, but I am never going to condemn the officers like some of you have done. Now if you all want to continue this debate go right ahead, please leave me out of it.

You brought the attention on yourself. You're such a whinny little _itch.

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Bee'z] #8643316 07/18/22 01:14 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

No, Today won't be a bad day for me, I wasn't at Uvalde when the shooting occurred and I would have reacted differently had I been there. I share no responsibility for the actions taken and the actions do not cast bad light on my profession like some of you apparently believe, the Uvalde actions do not reflect our training on active shooters. I stated as soon as the Abbott said he had false information that the response was not correct. Now act like grown ups and leave my name out of your conversations.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: The Dude Abides] #8643318 07/18/22 01:14 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Excuse me for the edit, I'll take the high road here, Im sure the world doesn't want to watch a juvenile word match.....

Last edited by Concho; 07/18/22 01:29 PM.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Concho] #8643345 07/18/22 01:46 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

No I didn't speak hastily, miss speak or any otherwise speak out of turn, I will always wait for facts and I never run around like a rabid skunk condemning without the knowledge to do so. I couldn't care less about a peer who committed an unthinkable act, I won't protect them, and I never tried to protect them. You guys have condemn these officers enough for everyone, so carry-on.

I havent condoned any one, infact I have always said I will wait until ALL facts come out. I’ve been nothing but an observer in these threads. I still think that something good will come out of this tragedy, I pray that the increased training for schools and Leo’s never has to comes to fruition, but unfortunately history seems to repeat its self, next time I believe bad guy dies, with no other lives are lost.

Every friend I have that’s a Leo or retired Leo has said same thing. We will never know the whole truth but what truth is there will come out months later, that’s how investigations go. To speculate off news articles, video’s and press conferences is mental gymnastics at best. I believe this to be true. I haven’t watched a video or press release to date.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643347 07/18/22 01:49 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I no longer need any reports. I saw a video, with muted screams. This should have been over before the highest ranking person got there.

The two first guys were doing good. Obviously took on fire, maybe even got hit in the helmet and retreated. Which is understandable. But, you must make a plan and go back. Pretty quickly.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: ntxtrapper] #8643350 07/18/22 01:53 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
My large department just barely got everything under control at the bad one I was at. This was a much smaller city and the number of different agencies seems like it would help, but it just adds confusion due to comms being different and everyone having their own policies. They would have had a much better chance of getting it right with just one adequately staffed agency being involved.

376 officers on the scene, 150 Border Patrol, 91 State Officers.....Apparently there was a swat commander (Lieutenant) inside the school.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Concho] #8643351 07/18/22 01:53 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Excuse me for the edit, I'll take the high road here, Im sure the world doesn't want to watch a juvenile word match.....

Yep, you're dismissed. Have the week you deserve!

Re: Uvalde report [Re: The Dude Abides] #8643359 07/18/22 01:58 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Yep, you're dismissed. Have the week you deserve!

I don't need your permission to be here or post my opinion, please grow up.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8643366 07/18/22 02:00 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

I havent condoned any one, infact I have always said I will wait until ALL facts come out. I’ve been nothing but an observer in these threads. I still think that something good will come out of this tragedy, I pray that the increased training for schools and Leo’s never has to comes to fruition, but unfortunately history seems to repeat its self, next time I believe bad guy dies, with no other lives are lost.

Every friend I have that’s a Leo or retired Leo has said same thing. We will never know the whole truth but what truth is there will come out months later, that’s how investigations go. To speculate off news articles, video’s and press conferences is mental gymnastics at best. I believe this to be true. I haven’t watched a video or press release to date.
[/quote]

I was more talking to you, rather than speaking about you. I was clarifying that I didn't misspeak or speak hastily, I meant every word I wrote. And I'm sure not the member wishing "Bad Karma" on people like a juvenile.

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Concho] #8643394 07/18/22 02:27 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I was more talking to you, rather than speaking about you. I was clarifying that I didn't misspeak or speak hastily, I meant every word I wrote. And I'm sure not the member wishing "Bad Karma" on people like a juvenile.
[/quote]

cheers

Re: Uvalde report [Re: Texas buckeye] #8643430 07/18/22 03:09 PM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Guys i didn’t post this to get into word fights or pissin matches. That is below us as a group, so lets leave that off the table and discuss what is important, how doe we take this and make things better for the future?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide