Forums46
Topics538,442
Posts9,737,125
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8636173 07/07/22 04:42 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by TLew
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

IF YOUR CHILD OR ANY CHILD YOU KNOW IS ON DRUGS FOR BEHAVIOR/FOCUS/ATTENTION THE CHILD IS ON THOSE DRUGS FOR THE SCHOOL AND PARENTS BENEFIT, NOT THE CHILDS.

Sorry bud but you are overreaching or at least using absolutism for exaggeration. My son has epilepsy with minor, not mal, seizures. He needs medicine to calm his brain and prevent seizures. One of the side effects of CAE is ADHD. You can’t tell me that he doesn’t benefit from medication when it’s needed to keep his brain balanced and help him concentrate to develop/learn.

We don’t do this for us or the school, we do it for him.

No disrespect, TLew, but I wonder what the alternatives are to the medicine he is taking. For many afflicted individuals, it is lot of exercise and close supervision/parental assistance/direction on tasks. Passing on those (or other, non-medicinal) options and reaching for a drug sort of points back to Sniper's point, that it is done in order that parents don't have to give as much support as it would take without the drug.

Again, please forgive my absolute statement. Yet, ask ourselves, how many of us would have been put on meds back in the day had they been as prevalent. I didn’t need or get meds. Why? I had a Dad and Mom who dispensed my “meds” as needed. Every elementary teacher I had would have said, he is hyper, can’t sit still, loves to be moving, doing, and being a boy. He is a handful, yet not once did I ever get in real trouble. Again, my Dad gave me the medicine I needed to contribute. Today many parents have abdicated the raising their children and let schools and the state raise them. Hence my absolutism. Again, there are obviously cases where medicine is needed. But not in the case of the typical active child.

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: Sniper.270] #8636189 07/07/22 04:54 PM
S
SherpaPhil Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
I will add that the hundreds of young addicts I have dealt with I can tell you 99.8% started with pot. It was the drug of choice for almost every single addict I knew. I never knew one kid who only used pot and did not progress to “bigger” drugs. Drugs today are not like they used to be. Today it is Russian roulette to pop a pill.

I think your sample is probably skewed, as it sounds like you worked with kids who had problems. The kids who smoked a little pot on Friday night and never got into trouble never made it on your radar.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: SherpaPhil] #8636194 07/07/22 05:05 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I will add that the hundreds of young addicts I have dealt with I can tell you 99.8% started with pot. It was the drug of choice for almost every single addict I knew. I never knew one kid who only used pot and did not progress to “bigger” drugs. Drugs today are not like they used to be. Today it is Russian roulette to pop a pill.

I think your sample is probably skewed, as it sounds like you worked with kids who had problems. The kids who smoked a little pot on Friday night and never got into trouble never made it on your radar.

Little fd up kids are gonna do fd up things. They will be fd up one way or another. You guys are trying to solve crazy and that ain't gonna happen. Crazy is crazy and should be locked away at the first sign of it.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: SherpaPhil] #8636195 07/07/22 05:07 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

I'd agree with skewed numbers. The addicts I grew up around all started with raiding liquor cabinets and taking cigarettes from their mom's purses. Rural Southeast Texas didn't have a lot of options, it wasn't until big brother and big sister went to college and brought back more options did things change. Then they learned to cook. I'm glad I chose to serve over hanging around and losing my soul. Some kicked it but not after the damage was done.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: SherpaPhil] #8636225 07/07/22 05:35 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

You may be correct. However, I also worked with hundreds of kids like those you mentioned who did not go off the rails. My work with one group absolutely helped me with the other. They absolutely made it on my radar and guided them as they made their way through this naturally tough time of life. My point is what we are seeing is a culmination of many factors. We cannot “blame” one thing. Well we do because it suits us. As you see, or will soon, guns will catch the blame for this shooting. Not one thing will actually be done about the actual creation of these shooters. Easier to just blame the gun.

And we are talking about the extremes with this shooter and other extreme shooters. Not the millions of kids who “dabble” and then go on to a normal life.

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636267 07/07/22 06:28 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Amen Sniper.270!
As for you folks with autistic kids, pretty sure that wasn't the kids he was referring to.
As for Autism, there is much evidence that it is caused by vaccines (like many other problems, mental and physical).
There is a solution for autism in many cases and in many cases it can be reversed in a single dose in minutes. It's called Suramin, has been around for 100 years and costs like $30. Why were you not told about this?

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #8636349 07/07/22 08:26 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
Amen Sniper.270!
As for you folks with autistic kids, pretty sure that wasn't the kids he was referring to.
As for Autism, there is much evidence that it is caused by vaccines (like many other problems, mental and physical).
There is a solution for autism in many cases and in many cases it can be reversed in a single dose in minutes. It's called Suramin, has been around for 100 years and costs like $30. Why were you not told about this?

loco

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #8636355 07/07/22 08:32 PM
S
SherpaPhil Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Amen Sniper.270!

Dude...

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8636362 07/07/22 08:39 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Amen Sniper.270!

loco

Who is crazy Bob? The man who researches solutions or the fool that watches everything fall apart and throws his hands up and says oh well, nothing I can do.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #8636371 07/07/22 08:46 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Amen Sniper.270!

loco

Who is crazy Bob? The man who researches solutions or the fool that watches everything fall apart and throws his hands up and says oh well, nothing I can do.

The fool who pushes snake oil.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636384 07/07/22 09:06 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Reefer wars. You do you. 'Is interesting how this subject brought out some relatively unknowns to argue vehemently. duel roflmao

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #8636386 07/07/22 09:09 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Amen Sniper.270!

loco

Unfortunately none of the studies show permanent rehabilitation effects as results diminish pretty quickly. I know a guy that’s spent a fortune across the globe, he found a better product but it’s not available in the US and isn’t permanent also. Last I heard he was working on a level 2 lab here in US, the current administration is ironically pretty anti- exosomes so no idea if it came to fruition.

I think some day we might have a cure infact I think we are closer then further, unfortunately not today

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636392 07/07/22 09:15 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
People prey on desperate parents. The spectrum is huge. Nothing will ever fix all cases.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8636403 07/07/22 09:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
People prey on desperate parents. The spectrum is huge. Nothing will ever fix all cases.

Pretty much same thing my buddy said. But he thinks we will come to a point where severity can be set back a bunch.

I know our science is kind of like our military technology. Perception and reality are different and reality tends to be a head of perception

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636410 07/07/22 09:37 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
They'd would of have had me on everything.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: Creekrunner] #8636424 07/07/22 09:48 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Reefer wars. You do you. 'Is interesting how this subject brought out some relatively unknowns to argue vehemently. duel roflmao

This is almost as as brilliant as a Covid-19 vaccine thread rofl

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636568 07/08/22 12:43 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
you don't have to be smart to reproduce

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8636580 07/08/22 12:55 AM
D
deerfeeder Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TLew

IF YOUR CHILD OR ANY CHILD YOU KNOW IS ON DRUGS FOR BEHAVIOR/FOCUS/ATTENTION THE CHILD IS ON THOSE DRUGS FOR THE SCHOOL AND PARENTS BENEFIT, NOT THE CHILDS.

Sorry bud but you are overreaching or at least using absolutism for exaggeration. My son has epilepsy with minor, not mal, seizures. He needs medicine to calm his brain and prevent seizures. One of the side effects of CAE is ADHD. You can’t tell me that he doesn’t benefit from medication when it’s needed to keep his brain balanced and help him concentrate to develop/learn.

We don’t do this for us or the school, we do it for him.

my son has autism and ocd. We don't medicate because he can't communicate it's effects. that said, I think he would benefit greatly from medical THC. maybe some day.

That part of those laws is just insanely stupid. People get all sorts of meds and street drugs at the drop of a hat and yet your son is expected to do without. Something wrong with that.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636594 07/08/22 01:20 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I’m convinced that some people are just wired differently. I have 3 daughters that are all wired differently in major ways. No way you would even believe they are related.

Some have learning problems. Some are just immature. Some have blocks that don’t go away. I cannot do algebra but would like to. I’ve bought the “Algebra made easy” and “Intro to Algebra” books. I can look at an Algebra problem, the solution and understand it. But then, when I close the book and try to do it, I can’t. I’m not a dummy, just have a learning block.
I have an Associates degree in Computer science, a BBA in Finance and an MBA in Finance with my thesis in some deep International Finance and Monetary Policy.

And yet, I still cannot do simple Algebra.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636618 07/08/22 02:05 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8636635 07/08/22 02:23 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

It still gets me rolling! roflmao

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636786 07/08/22 01:09 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I agree with somes sentiments. For quite awhile I have developed & hold the belief the medical industry thinks pills are the answer for way to much. I have been around children with obvious needs for pharmaceuticals and have seen & heard suggestions on others with less obvious needs. DD said, "’I'm convinced that some people are just wired differently." - ain't that the obvious truth. There are some who have to be treated with medication while there are many more (just belief mine) with issues that need to be treated with experience & maturation so they can learn how to deal with their issues and cohesively exist in society.

Throwing pills at everyone is not the answer, but oftentimes can serve as a crutch for what will turn out to be a loser's limp.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: Hudbone] #8637016 07/08/22 06:19 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I agree with somes sentiments. For quite awhile I have developed & hold the belief the medical industry thinks pills are the answer for way to much. I have been around children with obvious needs for pharmaceuticals and have seen & heard suggestions on others with less obvious needs. DD said, "’I'm convinced that some people are just wired differently." - ain't that the obvious truth. There are some who have to be treated with medication while there are many more (just belief mine) with issues that need to be treated with experience & maturation so they can learn how to deal with their issues and cohesively exist in society.

Throwing pills at everyone is not the answer, but oftentimes can serve as a crutch for what will turn out to be a loser's limp.

Some of those that are wired wrong are beyond "repair". No pill, no counseling, nothing can "fix" those people.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8637019 07/08/22 06:34 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
dc, a 110 grain hollow point might fix a lot of them beyond repair ones.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide