Page 1 of 2 1 2
We're a stupid species #8635967 07/07/22 01:23 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
We do so many self destructive things and then wonder why. Short article.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/did-reefer-drive-highland-park-parade-shooter-robert-crimo-to-madness/

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8635985 07/07/22 01:43 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's a fact. Yet someone's gonna throw a hissy fit. taz

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8635997 07/07/22 01:54 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The species is too smart for it's own good. Some advancements helps but some are being taken to the point of being destructive. So smart it's stupid.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636000 07/07/22 01:56 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I few years ago, I heard a discussion on recreational use. The one fact that was undisputed, was because most users at the time would not disclose actual quantity smoked, there was no baseline for long term effects.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636001 07/07/22 01:58 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

The Post?
"in the grip of a distinctively American madness."??

That very phrase wants to insinuate that Americans and our guns are to blame along with the weed.

oh well,
cue NORML

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636012 07/07/22 02:06 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I am keeping my eyes out for Normal as can be bolt

From the article.
(You don’t need to be a psychiatrist to know that the Highland Park shooter is sick in the head.

His evil act is unfathomable, but he does fit a familiar pattern of mass killers: alienated young male stoners who appear to be in the grip of a distinctively American madness.

Those who knew the 21-year-old suspect, Robert Crimo III, say he habitually smoked cannabis, a habit he appeared to share with young mass shooters, including at Uvalde, Dayton, Parkland and Aurora.)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Stub; 07/07/22 02:33 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636032 07/07/22 02:24 PM
J
jrs_39 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
A further study determined that each and everyone mass shooter had consumed milk as a baby. This is obviously the link that must be further studied.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636053 07/07/22 02:40 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Anyone who believes that weed had anything to do with what that nutjob did has obviously never tried it. Just people trying to put the blame on something they know nothing about and have zero experience with.

No different than blaming Trump because that idiot had a picture with a Trump flag.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636099 07/07/22 03:26 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
My experience with users is limited to seeing the potheads on the boat become pretty much worthless. One in particular. The guy was an awesome technician, working on the same gear I did. In the course of roughly a year, as he was smoking the stuff more and more, he became totally worthless. And I mean in dang near every sense of the word worthless. The only saving grace was that on a submarine you really have no place to toke while we are at sea.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636100 07/07/22 03:28 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Too many years of propaganda. Some people are weak and have addictive personalities others are just not as susceptible.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 07/07/22 03:31 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636107 07/07/22 03:39 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I'm sure there will be moronic comments about the moronic post, I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch stupid develop.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636135 07/07/22 04:07 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Much of my career was spent dealing with drug addiction, abuse, and children who were in the “system” because of their infractions of law. I dealt with kids of every level of addiction and every level of crimes. Most of society does not really understand “weed” or drug use at all. We view “drugging” very young kids with doctor prescribed “meds” as acceptable for any school aged child. We sacrifice the long term for the moment. Much like most of our society.

IF YOUR CHILD OR ANY CHILD YOU KNOW IS ON DRUGS FOR BEHAVIOR/FOCUS/ATTENTION THE CHILD IS ON THOSE DRUGS FOR THE SCHOOL AND PARENTS BENEFIT, NOT THE CHILDS. In the majority of my experience.

We drug kids on a daily basis when they are young, altering their body chemistry, all the way up and through the most developmental times of their lives. For many, we dodge the bullet. For some, possibly this shooter and others, we do not dodge the bullet. Factor in parenting, or lack there of, mix in social media, relationship emotions of an adolescent, then throw them into “independence,” and you have what we see pretty often. We drug them, then tell them “don’t do drugs.”

Why would we expect any other outcome? Everything we are seeing in our society today is a direct result of our choices as a people. We abort/murder more babies than any nation in the world, yet we desire to have a respect or sanctity of life. Our movies and games glorify violence, death, and destruction. We talk about drug abuse yet legalized the worst drug on he planet, alcohol. Yet we want good outcomes.

There are hundreds of reasons why this man did what he did as the others before him have and why the hundreds who follow him will reign down more violence,death, and destruction. Far worse is just the right “trigger” from occurring. Pot is as good as anything else to blame it on.

Society as a whole is responsible for the world we live in. The best you can hope for, not pray, hope; is that your path does not cross with what we have birthed in this nation.

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636138 07/07/22 04:11 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I needed a good laugh today, thanks!

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: Sniper.270] #8636143 07/07/22 04:16 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

IF YOUR CHILD OR ANY CHILD YOU KNOW IS ON DRUGS FOR BEHAVIOR/FOCUS/ATTENTION THE CHILD IS ON THOSE DRUGS FOR THE SCHOOL AND PARENTS BENEFIT, NOT THE CHILDS.

Sorry bud but you are overreaching or at least using absolutism for exaggeration. My son has epilepsy with minor, not mal, seizures. He needs medicine to calm his brain and prevent seizures. One of the side effects of CAE is ADHD. You can’t tell me that he doesn’t benefit from medication when it’s needed to keep his brain balanced and help him concentrate to develop/learn.

We don’t do this for us or the school, we do it for him.

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8636144 07/07/22 04:16 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Are you referring to my post?

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: Sniper.270] #8636148 07/07/22 04:18 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

the news story.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: TLew] #8636149 07/07/22 04:18 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TLew

IF YOUR CHILD OR ANY CHILD YOU KNOW IS ON DRUGS FOR BEHAVIOR/FOCUS/ATTENTION THE CHILD IS ON THOSE DRUGS FOR THE SCHOOL AND PARENTS BENEFIT, NOT THE CHILDS.

Sorry bud but you are overreaching or at least using absolutism for exaggeration. My son has epilepsy with minor, not mal, seizures. He needs medicine to calm his brain and prevent seizures. One of the side effects of CAE is ADHD. You can’t tell me that he doesn’t benefit from medication when it’s needed to keep his brain balanced and help him concentrate to develop/learn.

Fair enough. I should not have used an absolute. Yours is the rarity, in my 30 plus years experience, but I am very glad it worked for you.

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: TLew] #8636151 07/07/22 04:19 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

my son has autism and ocd. We don't medicate because he can't communicate it's effects. that said, I think he would benefit greatly from medical THC. maybe some day.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8636152 07/07/22 04:20 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

the news story.

Thank you sir.

Like most news today. Their desperation for clicks leads to such nonsense. Yet there is a deeper story in there, yet we do not want to see or deal with the truth.

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636156 07/07/22 04:24 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
There is nothing moronic about the post. You got adolescents with undeveloped brains confused and upset about life in general because of societal influences -broken homes, gender "identity", violence in schools, covid, etc. They then get on a substance that alters their state of mind - pot, anti depressants, etc or a combination and bad things can and do happen.

No doubt that THC has some recreational and possibly medicinal value - but anybody that argues pot is just all around good thing to put in your body and it doesn't effect your mind is moronic in my opinion.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: chalet] #8636159 07/07/22 04:28 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted by chalet
There is nothing moronic about the post. You got adolescents with undeveloped brains confused and upset about life in general because of societal influences -broken homes, gender "identity", violence in schools, covid, etc. They then get on a substance that alters their state of mind - pot, anti depressants, etc or a combination and bad things can and do happen.

No doubt that THC has some recreational and possibly medicinal value - but anybody that argues pot is just all around good thing to put in your body and it doesn't effect your mind is moronic in my opinion.

Yeah those hippies really carried out a bunch of mass shooting in the 60s......

Re: We're a stupid species [Re: deerfeeder] #8636161 07/07/22 04:30 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I will add that the hundreds of young addicts I have dealt with I can tell you 99.8% started with pot. It was the drug of choice for almost every single addict I knew. I never knew one kid who only used pot and did not progress to “bigger” drugs. Drugs today are not like they used to be. Today it is Russian roulette to pop a pill.

Proverbs 2
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: killemall] #8636163 07/07/22 04:31 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted by killemall

Apples and Oranges. Things have changed.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: TLew] #8636165 07/07/22 04:32 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q

No disrespect, TLew, but I wonder what the alternatives are to the medicine he is taking. For many afflicted individuals, it is lot of exercise and close supervision/parental assistance/direction on tasks. Passing on those (or other, non-medicinal) options and reaching for a drug sort of points back to Sniper's point, that it is done in order that parents don't have to give as much support as it would take without the drug.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: We're a stupid species [Re: chalet] #8636166 07/07/22 04:32 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by killemall

Apples and Oranges. Things have changed.

Absolutely. And we cannot keep up.

Proverbs 2
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide