Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8635280 07/06/22 12:32 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
The man accused of shooting dozens of people at a parade in Illinois on Independence Day was able to purchase the firearms used in the attack because his father co-signed his Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which gun owners must have in that state.

and there you have it folks.

Parents and ISP might have to answer some questions. Especially since he had issues in 2019 with some knives and threatening to kill people.

Threatened to kill everyone

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 07/06/22 12:42 PM.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: The Dude Abides] #8635323 07/06/22 01:48 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
The man accused of shooting dozens of people at a parade in Illinois on Independence Day was able to purchase the firearms used in the attack because his father co-signed his Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which gun owners must have in that state.

Parents and ISP might have to answer some questions. Especially since he had issues in 2019 with some knives and threatening to kill people.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It is absolutely crazy that his dad would co-sign his FOID after the knife episode mentioned above bang

Maybe his father should be held liable for aiding and abetting or?

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635327 07/06/22 01:52 PM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Sounded like the deep state asset was using a .308 or 762x39 to me.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635455 07/06/22 05:46 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Very sad...

Boy Orphaned

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: The Dude Abides] #8635465 07/06/22 06:13 PM
C
Chubbyfarts Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The paperwork that needed to be signed is a violation of the Constitution and won't hold up court.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635536 07/06/22 08:23 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
He told the investigators he was looking for another target when the officers stopped him.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: ntxtrapper] #8635539 07/06/22 08:26 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
He told the investigators he was looking for another target when the officers stopped him.

And in the end the coward just gave himself up. He confessed. Too bad he can't get the death penalty.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635542 07/06/22 08:29 PM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
The FOID is simply another way to tax people. 25 years ago there was a crazy named Lori Dann who applied for and received a FOID card who clearly shouldn't have received one before she shot people. The scandal revealed that no back ground check was done. In this case it sounds like Dad took on the responsibility. I wonder if the State will go after him for signing the FOID?

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Whammer7] #8635551 07/06/22 08:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
[quote=Whammer7]The FOID is simply another way to tax people./quote]

This ^. Several years ago I was working a long term project in Illinois and I applied for and received their goofy FOID card. I think I still have it someplace. You cannot handle a gun in a gun shop unless you have a FOID card.

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 07/06/22 08:42 PM.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635553 07/06/22 08:48 PM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
You need the FOID to handle a gun, buy a gun or buy ammo in IL

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635564 07/06/22 09:01 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The blame should be put on government for creating the HIPPA laws. Not making mental issues public and available to LE agencies is making this issue impossible to stop.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: 68rustbucket] #8635572 07/06/22 09:08 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
The blame should be put on government for creating the HIPPA laws. Not making mental issues public and available to LE agencies is making this issue impossible to stop.

So your saying they should have access to everyone’s medical files? Hell to the no on that one buddy…. You need to think that one through a little more,, I’ve never done a dang thing and nobody should have access to anything of mine for any reason. The world raising freaking pink haired retards isn’t my problem and Im not loosing my privacy nor my rights over it.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: 68rustbucket] #8635574 07/06/22 09:17 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

No
The blame is on the shooter's back, and his enabling excuse making family

Schools can't punish unruly kids
Courts can't punish criminals and thugs
The public in general doesn't want harsh punishments

Can't have everything both ways

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Ol Thumper] #8635578 07/06/22 09:19 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

So your saying they should have access to everyone’s medical files? Hell to the no on that one buddy…. You need to think that one through a little more,, I’ve never done a dang thing and nobody should have access to anything of mine for any reason. The world raising freaking pink haired retards isn’t my problem and Im not loosing my privacy nor my rights over it.

The mental part should be made accessible for background check. It wouldn’t catch them all, but hopefully a few.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: 68rustbucket] #8635593 07/06/22 09:47 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

The mental part should be made accessible for background check. It wouldn’t catch them all, but hopefully a few.

I don't know, but I think it would be hard to just release the "mental" part. Plus govt agencies haven't done real well at protecting personal information.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Concho] #8635600 07/06/22 09:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Thread carefully men, some of you are making cases for Redflag laws

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Jimbo1] #8635602 07/06/22 09:55 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

I don't know, but I think it would be hard to just release the "mental" part. Plus govt agencies haven't done real well at protecting personal information.

Jimbo nailed that one. Plus it leaves for a lot of interpretation by people you probably don’t want interpreting

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8635605 07/06/22 09:57 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Thread carefully men, some of you are making cases for Redflag laws

Dan bongino had a spot on take on them today. Ask yourself, do you trust your government?

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Jimbo1] #8635624 07/06/22 10:26 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Exactly my point, when you don’t have to earn a right you have zero respect for it. Every Barney Fife in the country would be looking up info on people he has no reason to and everyone’s info could be shotgunned “Accidentally” onto the web.

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could toss them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop.

Last edited by Ol Thumper; 07/06/22 10:28 PM.
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Ol Thumper] #8635629 07/06/22 10:29 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Exactly my point, when you don’t have to earn a right you have zero respect for it. Every Barney Fife in the country would be looking up info on people he has no reason to and everyone’s info could be shotgunned “Accidentally” onto the web.

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could trust them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop. [/quote]

Barney Fife, er, police officers usually have to ask permission from a supervisor to access NCIC information, and they need a legit reason. "Rent-a-Cop" who would that be? Security Guards don't have access, so I assume you are referring to local police, if so shame on you and your kind.

Last edited by Concho; 07/06/22 10:32 PM.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635630 07/06/22 10:29 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
People who are adjudicated as mentally defective have that record entered into their NCIC criminal history. They will be denied a firearm by the NIC operator who runs them. I’m all for this because I know how this system works and I know the legal burden of being adjudicated as MD. Millions of people, including many of our veterans, have had issues where they received counseling from mental health professionals and they recovered to lead productive lives. These records are not included in their criminal histories because the US congress decided so.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8635636 07/06/22 10:38 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
When I was an adjudicator, we had to get the DR to sign a release before releasing any info to us and many times they refused so we just didn't get the records. I've read some serious crazy stuff.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Concho] #8635642 07/06/22 10:40 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Concho

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could trust them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop.

Barney Fife, er, police officers usually have to ask permission from a supervisor to access NCIC information, and they need a legit reason. "Rent-a-Cop" who would that be? Security Guards don't have access, so I assume you are referring to local police, if so shame on you and your kind.[/quote]

I’m not referring to local police, it was a blanketed statement meaning where does it end and I love your “Usually” comment. You made my point for me… . I don’t give a chit about NCIC or the use thr of. Give somebody an inch and they end up taking 47 miles and screwing your pet goat when your at work so the highest ranking cop in the US doesn’t need access to a flipping thing outside his pay grade..

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: Ol Thumper] #8635644 07/06/22 10:45 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Concho

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could trust them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop.

Barney Fife, er, police officers usually have to ask permission from a supervisor to access NCIC information, and they need a legit reason. "Rent-a-Cop" who would that be? Security Guards don't have access, so I assume you are referring to local police, if so shame on you and your kind.

I’m not referring to local police, it was a blanketed statement meaning where does it end and I love your “Usually” comment. You made my point for me… . I don’t give a chit about NCIC or the use thr of. Give somebody an inch and they end up taking 47 miles and screwing your pet goat when your at work so the highest ranking cop in the US doesn’t need access to a flipping thing outside his pay grade.. [/quote]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. [Re: skinnerback] #8635646 07/06/22 10:46 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
You screw my goat, and you have crossed the line.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide