Forums46
Topics538,481
Posts9,737,546
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #8610613 06/02/22 05:36 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Ag Hunter 78
Originally Posted by Tail Shooter
If he would have taking a training course he would have been a better shooter.

I made one post on this thread and said it was my only 2 cents until I saw this. OK, maybe I am wrong...I am making an assumption here, but it sure sounds like he is referring to the Uvalde shooter. Am I the only one interpreting this the same way? If he is referring to the Uvalde shooter, then it has to be the most ignorant and heartless statement I have ever seen on this forum. I'd like to see you (Tail Shooter) go and say this to the families of the 2 slain teachers or the families of those 19 murdered children. Better yet, go tell that to the few surviving kids that somehow managed to survive being in that classroom for over an hour. IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

He was making a point. It’s nothing to get emotional about.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #8610622 06/02/22 10:02 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

I made one post on this thread and said it was my only 2 cents until I saw this. OK, maybe I am wrong...I am making an assumption here, but it sure sounds like he is referring to the Uvalde shooter. Am I the only one interpreting this the same way? If he is referring to the Uvalde shooter, then it has to be the most ignorant and heartless statement I have ever seen on this forum. I'd like to see you (Tail Shooter) go and say this to the families of the 2 slain teachers or the families of those 19 murdered children. Better yet, go tell that to the few surviving kids that somehow managed to survive being in that classroom for over an hour. IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

I read it the same way and thought it was poor taste but assumed he may not have meant it that way bc surely nobody is that insensitive.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: unclebubba] #8610623 06/02/22 10:18 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I think the area one chooses to live in somewhat shapes their perspective of today’s youth and their prospects for the future.

That speaks volumes.

That is so true and it is not limited to a city or county.!

When we bought our house 26 years ago we looked at locations fairly close to work and the school districts.
I am going to be redundant about the importance of raising a child right is the first and most important part of the equation!

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: hopalong] #8610629 06/02/22 10:49 AM
T
TheCswift Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
The issue with that is that a lot of these gunmen have been on watchlists and no buy lists. Look into the Syrian shooter that shot up the Jewish supermarket before Passover I believe last year. His family reported him, he was on the FBI watchlist for talking with known terrorists and he was still able and allowed to perpetuate his terror.

Seems like there are just a lot of people not doing their jobs. Doesn't matter how many new laws are put into place if they can't even maintain their current standing without prejudice.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610646 06/02/22 11:46 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Stub] #8610853 06/02/22 04:22 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Stub
[Linked Image]

Thanks. This is my Facebook status now.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610856 06/02/22 04:24 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
[Linked Image]

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Sneaky] #8611016 06/02/22 08:00 PM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Sneaky

And what point was that? If he was in fact referring to the Uvalde shooter, the only interpretation/inference I get out of that statement is that if he was a better shot NO kids would have made it out of that classroom alive. Nothing to get emotional about? Well, maybe I'm a softie, but there's something about a blood-filled classroom with 19 innocent defenseless kids lying there, some of whom were shot up so bad that that they had to get DNA samples from parents to figure out who was who, that gets to me.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #8611025 06/02/22 08:07 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

And what point was that? If he was in fact referring to the Uvalde shooter, the only interpretation/inference I get out of that statement is that if he was a better shot NO kids would have made it out of that classroom alive. Nothing to get emotional about? Well, maybe I'm a softie, but there's something about a blood-filled classroom with 19 innocent defenseless kids lying there, some of whom were shot up so bad that that they had to get DNA samples from parents to figure out who was who, that gets to me.

Bro go pop a midol and get your estrogen under control.

The point being made was that a training course (which had been proposed ON THIS THREAD as a way to somehow (not sure how) prevent these types of deals) would have only made the situation worse. That a training course is absolutely useless and serves no purpose. You obviously are completely missing the point.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8611028 06/02/22 08:07 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
SMH….

🍻
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Cochise] #8611039 06/02/22 08:19 PM
C
Chubbyfarts Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

Correct Cochise

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #8611041 06/02/22 08:23 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You have to take feeling and emotion out of this topic to discuss. It’s a tragedy. Only way to prevent tragedy is look at all facts, and have an honest conversation about what happened and if there is a remedy and where to apply that remedy.

The shooters skills got him killed by someone with better skills . That’s fact. If his bullet would of been 1/2 ‘’ lower the BP agent would of been dead on breech entry. That’s Fact

I’m glad the shooter wasn’t trained

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8611042 06/02/22 08:26 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8611059 06/02/22 08:46 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Thank you, Cochise. I’m not sure how anyone could misinterpret that, or take it the wrong way.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8611106 06/02/22 09:34 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
That’s what happens when you roll with emotion before logic. Bad decisions are made.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8611226 06/03/22 12:04 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
[Linked Image]

On point!

🍻
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8611351 06/03/22 02:32 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Cochise

Bro go pop a midol and get your estrogen under control.

The point being made was that a training course (which had been proposed ON THIS THREAD as a way to somehow (not sure how) prevent these types of deals) would have only made the situation worse. That a training course is absolutely useless and serves no purpose. You obviously are completely missing the point.

[/quote]

Uh, no that is not what I suggested. I highlighted in red for you that I was answering the question about gun reform I could live with.
Atleast read the blue if you don’t want to read it all. Whether you read it or not, you miss spoke about what I suggested and why in my post. The crux of my post was about raising kids right and taking a proactive approach as kids come of voting age .

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I’m the one that posted suggesting gun safety in schools. My thought process was not that it would have had an impact on the psychopath in Uvalde. This thread asked what gun reform I could accept. That is what I was responding to. Guns are not what caused this. The population of this country has owned guns since we were English Colonies. Looking at what in our culture and society has changed that coincides with this mess starting is insightful. The current administration is not going to go there. They are promoting going further down that path. It did not start with the current administration though.
Now back to why I said I could live with gun safety in schools. The family unit in our country is disintegrating. Almost 50% of marriages end in divorce. A high percentage of kids do not grow up with a father figure to show them how to be a man, check them when they cross the line, or teach them about firearms and how to safely handle them. (The shooter in Uvalde is a product of such an upbringing by the way). There are also a lot of kids that grow up in families that are not gun owners. When these kids come of age to purchase a firearm they also come of age to vote on gun control. I’m ok with educating the ones that don’t grow up with the benefit of learning about them at home like most of our children did, with the hope that they can make informed decisions rather than having an emotion induced knee jerk reaction that taking our guns is the answer

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide