Forums46
Topics538,487
Posts9,737,635
Members87,092
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Nathan at Fork] #8610363 06/01/22 10:55 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
We all see where this is going. Maybe someone could do a poll for more answers.

I will go first.
About the only thing I could get onboard with is moving rifle age to 21. I just don’t think kids (18 year olds) are mature as they were 20-30 years ago.

But the 18 year old can join the Army or Marine Corps and they will hand him a rifle. Hell they will hand him a S.A.W. or a tank for that matter!

My issue.

Seems an easy way to resolve that. If an 18yo joins the military then they can buy. If not, make it 21.

I'm all about the 2nd ammendment. But don't think an age limit or a waiting period will hurt anything.

You are just another phony 2A supporter. Lot more going on with this than his age. If the kid were White wearing a MAGA hat we would know when his first fart was. He had no drivers license so how could he buy the high dollar AR's? He didn't know how to drive so that is probably the reason he crashed the truck. Since he couldn't drive who took him to get the weapons? Ad that the local police and the school district chief have lawyered up and are not cooperating the stink is getting smelly. By the way the school district chief is a big Beto supporter.And if you are all about the 2nd amendment why can't you spell amendment and why don't you know we already have a waiting period?

Last edited by rickt300; 06/01/22 10:55 PM.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Mike Honcho] #8610370 06/01/22 11:06 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Treat the cause not the symptoms. Mental illness is the cause. Mentally ill and unstable people using guns to kill is the symptom.

Your assessment mirrors mine Mike Honcho. One thing that is perplexing to me regarding mental health is that Biden had been calling for legislation addressing mental health. In the wake of the tragedy at Uvalde he has implored gun control and I have not heard him stumping for the mental health cause. This President manages to get it wrong on everything.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610380 06/01/22 11:18 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
When we do away with federal laws that prohibit the sharing of information on mentally ill and dangerous individuals, we will start to see change. This all started with left wing policies on medical privacy and it is only getting worse with each passing year. Why even ask on the 4473 if you suffer mental illness if there is no way to check the answers? The left is pushing for additional background checks and then in the next breath provide cover for people to lie on the background checks. I will not willingly accept any additional laws concerning ownership of firearms, period. If they pass laws I will be forced to comply, but I am not willing to concede anything to the liberals or gun haters, and I'm sure not doing ANYTHING to appease these idiots who believe guns are the problem, it is an evil heart that kills.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610383 06/01/22 11:23 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
It has already been said many times:
We do not have a gun problem.
We have a mental/emotional health problem.

Disarming innocent people does not help that.

Last edited by Marc K; 06/01/22 11:28 PM.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Marc K] #8610385 06/01/22 11:26 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Marc K
We do have a mental/emotional health problem.

It is way past a problem, we have a mental health crisis.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Concho] #8610386 06/01/22 11:27 PM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Concho
When we do away with federal laws that prohibit the sharing of information on mentally ill and dangerous individuals, we will start to see change. This all started with left wing policies on medical privacy and it is only getting worse with each passing year. Why even ask on the 4473 if you suffer mental illness if there is no way to check the answers? The left is pushing for additional background checks and then in the next breath provide cover for people to lie on the background checks. I will not willingly accept any additional laws concerning ownership of firearms, period. If they pass laws I will be forced to comply, but I am not willing to concede anything to the liberals or gun haters, and I'm sure not doing ANYTHING to appease these idiots who believe guns are the problem, it is an evil heart that kills.

Political correctness at its worst. The possibility of attaching a stigma to someone has become more important than the greater good of the population.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610404 06/01/22 11:39 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
At the risk of once again sounding arrogant and smart arse, I started my law enforcement career in 1977, we handled about one mental illness detention my first year......that has grown into some police departments now having full time units that do nothing but handle the mentally ill and repeat offenders. The SRO program has grown from one officer in some major high schools, to complete ISD Police Departments, simply because the crime and violence in schools has reach an unsustainable level. I have a family of teachers and a teacher wife who share their daily experiences with me.....I would NOT be a teacher today, these public servants suffer verbal and physical abuse, along with multiple threats by little pukes who believe violence and threats are their pathways to accomplish their goals. These kids have been allowed to get away with such rude violent behaviors that it has become common place, why is it such a shock that one of these ill mannered kids would commit a crime like Uvalde?

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Concho] #8610415 06/01/22 11:49 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
At the risk of once again sounding arrogant and smart arse, I started my law enforcement career in 1977, we handled about one mental illness detention my first year......that has grown into some police departments now having full time units that do nothing but handle the mentally ill and repeat offenders. The SRO program has grown from one officer in some major high schools, to complete ISD Police Departments, simply because the crime and violence in schools has reach an unsustainable level. I have a family of teachers and a teacher wife who share their daily experiences with me.....I would NOT be a teacher today, these public servants suffer verbal and physical abuse, along with multiple threats by little pukes who believe violence and threats are their pathways to accomplish their goals. These kids have been allowed to get away with such rude violent behaviors that it has become common place, why is it such a shock that one of these ill mannered kids would commit a crime like Uvalde?

God Bless You! And your family of teachers.

I agree, no accountability, let bad kids be bad, but what happens when a normal kid retaliates? There is no discipline or accountability in school.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Marc K] #8610418 06/01/22 11:56 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Marc K
It has already been said many times:
We have a mental/emotional health problem.

Disarming innocent people does not help that.

We also have a Liberal/DemoRats political agenda problem that exacerbates the problem for their F upped narrative to control "We the people".

Last edited by Stub; 06/01/22 11:56 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610431 06/02/22 12:08 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
If only there were a place to put mentally unstable people - long term. Oh wait. There was. They got shut down, gutted, and completely reformed in the 1960s. The evil going on inside the walls did need to be addressed - but was completely gutting the system the right call? I personally think we are reaping the consequences of that today.

Funny that after they got shut down we had a surge of serial killers in the 1970s and 80s.

Now we’ve had 6 decades of these people who would have been institutionalized - out in the general public untreated spreading their defunct genetics. Meanwhile mental health has been become this hot button issue that for whatever reason must be handled with kid gloves. It’s also easily exploitable for political gain - hence why literally nothing is done. They know it’s a useful tool to use when the mentally insane commit violent crime - just a tool to push their gun control agenda.

I’m not saying sticking these people in a mental institution would cure the world of evil - but had they existed like they did - the Uvalde monster could have been stuck there after he was seen carrying around a bag of dead cats a couple years ago that he had killed. Then those 21 people might be alive. Some people are born defective and none of the cures are pretty or glamorous.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8610434 06/02/22 12:10 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by unclebubba
does anyone seriously think things would have been different if the perp had taken a hunter safety course? Seriously? this may surprise folks, but not everyone who owns a gun hunts.

No. But a mandatory firearms safety course for all kids does not seem like a bad idea. May help some, and does not infringe on anybody's rights. AS for the school shootings, IMO, the only thing that will help, and still not infringe on any rights is making schools a hard target. Armed guards. Armed teachers.

I'm not againts gun safety classes, just don't tie them to gun purchases. it's information that all people can use.

Agree.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: jeepercreeper] #8610443 06/02/22 12:16 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
Originally Posted by Cochise

No actually we should just deal with evil instead of legislate it.

And yes - being a good little boy and unequivocally falling in line to every law on the books makes you a weak-minded puss. Sounds like you're very proud to be quite the square. Don't question the government. Don't disobey any laws. Dot all Ts. Cross all Is.

LOL, ok man. You just keep telling yourself that you're standing up to the man. You follow the rules just like everyone else. Hell, you even have to follow the rules of THF so dont act like you're some kind of rebel that doesn't answer to anyone.

I’m not a rebel - but I also don’t bow down to what I don’t morally and personally agree with - laws or not laws. I’m not trying to personally attack you - we agree on most things I’d guess - there are probably better ways of getting my point across than being a smart [censored]. But the answer to fixing this problem is not appeasement nor is it falling in line. I see it like this: a wolf attacked and killed some sheep. The sheep knew the wolf had teeth and are convinced the wolfs teeth killed their friend - so they removed all their teeth and outlawed any sheep having teeth. Do you think the wolf still has his teeth? That’s the mentality of passing more gun laws to appease the masses.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610469 06/02/22 12:45 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
They know it’s a useful tool to use when the mentally insane commit violent crime - just a tool to push their gun control agenda.

Whole lotta truth right here!

🍻
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8610523 06/02/22 01:57 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
We all see where this is going. Maybe someone could do a poll for more answers.

I will go first.
About the only thing I could get onboard with is moving rifle age to 21. I just don’t think kids (18 year olds) are mature as they were 20-30 years ago.

But the 18 year old can join the Army or Marine Corps and they will hand him a rifle. Hell they will hand him a S.A.W. or a tank for that matter!

My issue.

Hand grandes, TOW missile, etc lol. Could be aerial navigator of a C-130 across the ocean by age 19.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Concho] #8610527 06/02/22 01:59 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

No arrogance detected. I too am married to a teacher. My wife is from a family full of teachers, administrators, and coaches. Their careers were all in rural school districts. I also hear the stories but they differ from yours. My wife’s entire career is in one district. The population of the entire county is 14,000. The students still have a dress code. Academically the district is the top in it’s region. The students are well behaved, respectful, and presentable. The parents back the schools and they turn out a lot of kids who are high achievers. My wife has been eligible for retirement for 8 years. She loves the kids and what she does so she still does it. I think the area one chooses to live in somewhat shapes their perspective of today’s youth and their prospects for the future.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 06/02/22 02:00 AM.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: macec3(TX)] #8610537 06/02/22 02:15 AM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
Originally Posted by macec3(TX)
No gun reform should be accepted. Any gun reform would be another nibble for the gun control idiots. Then there will be another and another until the 2nd amendment means nothing.
The gun grabbers will take what ever they can get and they won't quit until they get it all.

THIS

Big Beckett!!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610548 06/02/22 02:23 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Annnnnddddd just like that we have our next event in Tulsa. Heading into Thursday where gun legislation is to be reviewed by the House.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: jeepercreeper] #8610555 06/02/22 02:31 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Annnnnddddd just like that we have our next event in Tulsa. Heading into Thursday where gun legislation is to be reviewed by the House.

I'm sure it's just a tragic coincidence...

Last edited by Jimbo1; 06/02/22 02:31 AM.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Jimbo1] #8610559 06/02/22 02:35 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

I'm sure it's just a tragic coincidence...

No [censored]. It is going down now.

[Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Smokey Bear] #8610571 06/02/22 03:13 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I think the area one chooses to live in somewhat shapes their perspective of today’s youth and their prospects for the future.

That speaks volumes.

current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Smokey Bear] #8610573 06/02/22 03:17 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

No arrogance detected. I too am married to a teacher. My wife is from a family full of teachers, administrators, and coaches. Their careers were all in rural school districts. I also hear the stories but they differ from yours. My wife’s entire career is in one district. The population of the entire county is 14,000. The students still have a dress code. Academically the district is the top in it’s region. The students are well behaved, respectful, and presentable. The parents back the schools and they turn out a lot of kids who are high achievers. My wife has been eligible for retirement for 8 years. She loves the kids and what she does so she still does it. I think the area one chooses to live in somewhat shapes their perspective of today’s youth and their prospects for the future.

Yes sir, sounds like a great place to live.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610583 06/02/22 03:31 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by rickt300

You are just another phony 2A supporter. Lot more going on with this than his age. If the kid were White wearing a MAGA hat we would know when his first fart was. He had no drivers license so how could he buy the high dollar AR's? He didn't know how to drive so that is probably the reason he crashed the truck. Since he doesn’t couldn't drive who took him to get the weapons? Ad that the local police and the school district chief have lawyered up and are not cooperating the stink is getting smelly. By the way the school district chief is a big Beto supporter.And if you are all about the 2nd amendment why can't you spell amendment and why don't you know we already have a waiting period?

This is the problem. Most people that advocate for more legislation against guns and gun ownership have no knowledge or understanding of the legislation that has already been passed. They are literally clueless.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Chubbyfarts] #8610585 06/02/22 03:33 AM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Tail Shooter
If he would have taking a training course he would have been a better shooter.

I made one post on this thread and said it was my only 2 cents until I saw this. OK, maybe I am wrong...I am making an assumption here, but it sure sounds like he is referring to the Uvalde shooter. Am I the only one interpreting this the same way? If he is referring to the Uvalde shooter, then it has to be the most ignorant and heartless statement I have ever seen on this forum. I'd like to see you (Tail Shooter) go and say this to the families of the 2 slain teachers or the families of those 19 murdered children. Better yet, go tell that to the few surviving kids that somehow managed to survive being in that classroom for over an hour. IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8610589 06/02/22 03:38 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
May have changed my mind today and not agreeing with any changes. I said 21 YO to buy a gun.

1. If someone wants a gun bad enough, they will get one.

2. I heard Beto say 21 years old is a good START. SEE, they want it all starting with banning AR's like Clinton did.

3. November can't get here fast enough

4. society and culture as a whole are so F'ed up. I'm not sure if we will survive it all much longer.

5. Like JG said, look what they are being taught in school these day

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 06/02/22 03:40 AM.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8610595 06/02/22 03:55 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
May have changed my mind today and not agreeing with any changes. I said 21 YO to buy a gun.

1. If someone wants a gun bad enough, they will get one.

2. I heard Beto say 21 years old is a good START. SEE, they want it all starting with banning AR's like Clinton did.

3. November can't get here fast enough

4. society and culture as a whole are so F'ed up. I'm not sure if we will survive it all much longer.

5. Like JG said, look what they are being taught in school these day

Glad to see you coming around!

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide