Print Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608813 05/31/22 12:30 AM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Good, well intentioned men try to reason with evil, but that is not possible. You just don't think that way.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Simple Searcher] #8608839 05/31/22 01:35 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The school is spread out into 6 or more buildings. Were the parents rushing to the building with the shooter or the other ones? From the news sources no parent tried break out windows in the 2 rooms the shooter was locked in.

There were windows to break out?

I looked at the nytimes map then looked for the picture on google maps. Can't see the other side of the building in the picture, but looks like a center hall with classrooms on each side. The classrooms on the other side of the building probably has the same type of windows on that side of the building.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608844 05/31/22 01:44 AM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
This should have been handled immediately no question. The police were there in eleven minutes. The 911 operator was listening to a teacher tell her when kids were being shot. While the police were outside.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608853 05/31/22 02:00 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Monday mornings quarterbacks are undefeated, i will say that…

In saying that, idgaf what kind of leadership system is in place

Some kind of Gov. [censored] who was there 1st, who had highest rank, i don’t care

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way still works after all these years

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608859 05/31/22 02:08 AM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
My $0.02….LEO’s savagely butchered this one. All should be flipping burgers instead of “protecting & serving”. What a colossal screw up.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608952 05/31/22 05:03 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Meanwhile, with the MSM focusing everyone on the police response, the left is setting the stage for a 9mm handgun ban. I’m so surprised.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-9mm-guns-texas-uvalde-mass-shooting

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: ntxtrapper] #8608977 05/31/22 11:08 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Meanwhile, with the MSM focusing everyone on the police response, the left is setting the stage for a 9mm handgun ban. I’m so surprised.

So, in my lifetime the 9mm has gone from a woman's cartridge that probably couldn't penetrate a layer of denim to a weapon of mass destruction that is so deadly it needs to be banned. That's about right.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609033 05/31/22 12:33 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Saw on teevee that the building has to be torn down. I guess it played some part in the maelstrum of events.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: soooo] #8609035 05/31/22 12:35 PM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General
Originally Posted by soooo

Saw on teevee that the building has to be torn down. I guess it played some part in the maelstrum of events.

The school?

[Linked Image]
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609047 05/31/22 12:49 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
kry226, yes, the school. Was the mayor saying it.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Grizz] #8609055 05/31/22 01:05 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

So, in my lifetime the 9mm has gone from a woman's cartridge that probably couldn't penetrate a layer of denim to a weapon of mass destruction that is so deadly it needs to be banned. That's about right.

Yes, I remember the old double tap drills because the round is a poor stopper.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: soooo] #8609077 05/31/22 01:30 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/uvalde-mayor-robb-elementary-must-be-torn-down/2981366/

Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin confirmed there are plans to destroy Robb Elementary, the site of the May 24 school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

“I don’t think anybody’s plans are but to tear that building down,” Mayor McLaughlin said. “I would never ask, expect a child to ever have to walk in those doors ever, ever again. That building needs to be gone.”

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8609079 05/31/22 01:34 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
From their website Uvalde has a fire department with 3 employees and a volunteer force. The police department has 39 officers.

The inside doors of the school were hardened to prevent access.

Dang, DC don't be using facts, you'll confuse the narrative here.....

Thay Uvalde does have a Fire Department? How does that confuse the narrative?

Volunteer force, coming from where? Inside Door Hardened to Prevent Access.....everyone keeps Monday Morning Quarterbacking like all these guys needed to do was make a telephone call and they would have had all the help and equipment they needed to make entry. I'm still amazed that the one poster doesn't understand that the school was on lockdown, people were hiding and doors were locked, yet still believes a key could have been obtained in two minutes. I would have been looking for a shotgun to breech the door, but even then the police would have been blamed for the deceased children. This is rural southwest Texas, not DFW, Austin or Houston, the equipment and manpower isn't waiting at the local station. I spent most of my career working in the DFW area, now in the Texas Hill Country, completely different animal when you go looking for help and equipment.

That was me that said that. I stand by that. Every school goes on lockdown when there is an active shooter. All of them. Every time the police respond to one of these cowards in a school they are going into a locked down school. Every time. That’s no revelation.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Smokey Bear] #8609105 05/31/22 02:10 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

That was me that said that. I stand by that. Every school goes on lockdown when there is an active shooter. All of them. Every time the police respond to one of these cowards in a school they are going into a locked down school. Every time. That’s no revelation.[/quote]

So as I asked before, where are you going to get a key in two minutes if the doors are all locked, shots are being fired, and people are hiding.....It was a very simple question that you never answered, yet you continue to repeat your statement.

Last edited by Concho; 05/31/22 02:11 PM.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609112 05/31/22 02:20 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
And I would add that the police did eventually use a key to enter, some of you are simply assuming the police were standing around doing nothing during that interval of entry to the building and entry into the classroom......could it be they were trying to locate a key, breaching equipment, etc during that time? There are a ton of unanswered questions for this tragedy and to want an answer to all the actions of that day without a complete investigation is simply unreal. If they messed up and the story of the on-scene commander giving the hold order is correct, I'll be the first to condemn those decisions.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8609113 05/31/22 02:23 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K

That was me that said that. I stand by that. Every school goes on lockdown when there is an active shooter. All of them. Every time the police respond to one of these cowards in a school they are going into a locked down school. Every time. That’s no revelation.

So as I asked before, where are you going to get a key in two minutes if the doors are all locked, shots are being fired, and people are hiding.....It was a very simple question that you never answered, yet you continue to repeat your statement.
[/quote]

When you build a commercial building that requires a sprinkler system there is a lock box located outside with a key to shut it off. Only the fire marshal has access key, I'm fairly certain these type boxes could be places within schools and a key provided to local LEO. I offer this only as a suggestion going forward.

Last edited by killemall; 05/31/22 02:24 PM.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: killemall] #8609115 05/31/22 02:26 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by killemall

When you build a commercial building that requires a sprinkler system there is a lock box located outside with a key to shut it off. Only the fire marshal has access key, I'm fairly certain these type boxes could be places within schools and a key provided to local LEO. I offer this only as a suggestion going forward. [/quote]

"Could" but did they?

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609121 05/31/22 02:30 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Corrections Officers check out keys prior to their shift and carry them throughout their shift. No Reason a Security Officer couldn't carry keys.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609123 05/31/22 02:31 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’m my county dispatch coordinates it with either the principal or superintendent the moment a call comes in and there is key’s waiting when the popo get there. The lack of preparedness for that response is jarring. That should have been worked out long before this incident with the hope it is never necessary.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Simple Searcher] #8609129 05/31/22 02:40 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/uvalde-mayor-robb-elementary-must-be-torn-down/2981366/

Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin confirmed there are plans to destroy Robb Elementary, the site of the May 24 school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

“I don’t think anybody’s plans are but to tear that building down,” Mayor McLaughlin said. “I would never ask, expect a child to ever have to walk in those doors ever, ever again. That building needs to be gone.”

confused2 The building needs ta be town down, (a place for learning).
Yet guns (used in the shooting) get a pass on this forum from the right ?

bang

flag

i'm postaddic
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8609132 05/31/22 02:45 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted by killemall

When you build a commercial building that requires a sprinkler system there is a lock box located outside with a key to shut it off. Only the fire marshal has access key, I'm fairly certain these type boxes could be places within schools and a key provided to local LEO. I offer this only as a suggestion going forward.

"Could" but did they?[/quote]

Idk, I would assume not due to the delay, as i said i offer this only as a suggestion going forward

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609150 05/31/22 03:04 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Let's start with whoever allowed him entry. Who opened the door, and why? All I heard was a teacher propped the door open. To go outside to smoke, bring in some supplies?? I can't be the only one that wants to know the answer to this.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8609153 05/31/22 03:08 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Let's start with whoever allowed him entry. Who opened the door, and why? All I heard was a teacher propped the door open. To go outside to smoke, bring in some supplies?? I can't be the only one that wants to know the answer to this.

She was unloading her car. Its been said several times.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8609155 05/31/22 03:14 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
^^^ This was failure #1 and should have never been allowed to happen. That door should have been alarmed and should have notified the school Admin office or security office that it is open and unsecured. School access protocols where not followed period. The door should have been treated like any other secure door typical of what you would find inside a TSA check point. Unauthorized opening then a loud, audible noise maker goes off.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Smokey Bear] #8609158 05/31/22 03:19 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I’m my county dispatch coordinates it with either the principal or superintendent the moment a call comes in and there is key’s waiting when the popo get there. The lack of preparedness for that response is jarring. That should have been worked out long before this incident with the hope it is never necessary.

I am not completely buying the key story, but who knows?
It seems unlikely that no one could let the cops in. There was never any communication with a principal, superintendent, vice principal, any office personal, any other teacher, and they finally after an hour find a janitor?
I sure hope things are learned from this.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide