Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,943
Posts9,743,194
Members87,125
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Frisco ISD growth and going to use free standing buildings ing classroom buildings #8607732 05/29/22 04:46 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Not to throw rocks or make judgements not called for....but I'm asking for any info about the new free standing classroom's safety protocols in these days of 2nd guessing when, where or if some over armed idjit is gonna go beserk.

My youngest son has been teaching in one of the over crowded Frisco Jr Hi's for the last 5 years full time or more after starting as a Substitute, and has been offered and accepted a step up to take on a "Gifted & Talented" class for the coming year. His classroom is one of 4 in a FREESTANDING BUILDING OUT SIDE of the ALWAYS locked down Main Campus building when the poop hits the fan over something . THAT is my primary concern.

This is his reward for his various class's several years worth of stellar test performances. He had already turned down an assistant Soccer Coach position that I was surprised about' given his success and history as a walk on freshman Letterman at San Jose State, after declining the Full Ride all expenses paid offer from Cal Berklely with it's 94% Letterman graduation rate from the assigned Tutor travel for 2 Athletes Program. IE: if the Jock fails a class the tutor gets fired also. Only the Letterman ride offer at Virginia had been considered and his grades were not sufficient to go to Notre Dame like 2 of his team mates were awarded, but at the last minute they went with a pair of twins who were on the Under 18 Israeli Nat'l team.

It is his love of teaching that has served him well over the years in the high end restaurant bidnizz, where he had just started a multi state Corp Trainer gig when the Steak House on the toll road went belly up. Now he is making a long term commitment in Frisco Public Schools, instead of going into the Collin County College program as we had been talking about for the last couple years, until he could finish his Masters Degree. I had jerked his bank account when he went with SJSC.

So....Does anyone know anything about Frisco School's Emergency Protocols? Can Anybody with a Badge & issued a Gun shed some light on how Frisco does whatever it is that they are prepared to do. I do know teachers are NOT allowed to carry a gun on campus...already asked that ? couple years ago.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 05/29/22 04:53 PM. Reason: clarity

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Frisco ISD growth and going to use free standing buildings ing classroom buildings [Re: WileyCoyote] #8608637 05/30/22 08:45 PM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Could you ask him? Surely he has procedures to follow when there is a threat.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: Frisco ISD growth and going to use free standing buildings ing classroom buildings [Re: WileyCoyote] #8608841 05/31/22 01:38 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
My daughter taught second grade four years at a FISD Elementary school. It was a mess. Great question about the free-standing buildings. God Bless your son for trying to teach these young people which MOST are idiots.

SPACE FOR RENT

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide