Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by cbump
It’s not normal and not what’s trained.

Exactly.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Brother in-law] #8606392 05/27/22 03:34 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Go asap if you have a driving force ( active shooting / intel). Stop the Killing, stop the dying. You can go in with as little as one or an ideal of 4 in a cell. In the beginning people will just enter.

At some point if you have a team or several inside, it is crucial for someone to set up an incident command post. He will tell incoming units of pd and fire where to stage , set up perimeter at the exits, and formulate more strike teams or rescue teams that include medics. He will request specialty units that have better toys if it becomes a barricaded/hostage situation.

Every cop probably wants to go in but in reality they also have to keep the public out. I believe in this scenario the public sees the perimeter guys standing outside for the hour or what ever the claim is. These perimeter guys know there is enough guys inside.

Imagine if every parent went inside with their Handgun out to get the bad guy. They would put themselves in great danger as the pd doesn’t know if the original shooter is alone or not.

The industry now has got to treating people and getting them out asap. If you have a bad guy defending himself and you can’t get to him or those that need aid, you can’t get to him.

It sounds like in this scenario some pd also got shot. They probably wouldn’t have got shot if they weren’t trying. I will wait for more facts and not listen to the media. It’s a popular Blake after the one Florida officer failed to act a few years back.

The facts will eventually come out. I hope this kinda helps

Very well said, I too am thinking that those outside were perimeter to protect the scene.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8606393 05/27/22 03:38 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
People watch too much ESPN. WAY too much Monday-morning QBing going on, particularly given that the facts are still being gathered. But that's where we are these days, grab a snippet and run with it.

If the cops were shot and shot at and can't see the guy, they have to get all the other people safe and limit the damage he can do. Hell, at that point they still aren't 100% there's only one shooter. I know it sucks but I'm going to need all the facts, not the media facts but the truth, before I know whether they did anything wrong.

It was shameful and disappointing to watch even Tucker Carlson on Fox News go full anti-police without having the facts.....I have now sworn off Fox News as I did MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS many years ago.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8606396 05/27/22 03:39 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Heard Dan bongino talking about secret service training. Said putting yourself in the line of fire has to be learned as it goes against Every natural instinct.

Bob, I'm not sure that is actually true, some folks will charge toward danger regardless and some will flee.....it isn't really learned behavior, it comes from within the person.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606397 05/27/22 03:40 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
According to one news outlet:
Outside the school, chaos and confusion reigned as distraught parents showed up and implored law enforcement to force their way in and kill the gunman. One father even asked officers to give him their gear, he said.
"I told one of the officers myself, if they didn't want to go in there, let me borrow his gun and a vest and I'll go in there myself to handle it. And they told me no," Victor Luna told CNN. His son survived.
Instead, officers held parents behind yellow police tape, refusing to let them enter as crying and screaming echoed around them, several videos show. After about an hour, a US Border Patrol tactical team forced its way into the classroom and fatally shot the gunman, Escalon said.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8606402 05/27/22 03:43 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
People watch too much ESPN. WAY too much Monday-morning QBing going on, particularly given that the facts are still being gathered. But that's where we are these days, grab a snippet and run with it.

If the cops were shot and shot at and can't see the guy, they have to get all the other people safe and limit the damage he can do. Hell, at that point they still aren't 100% there's only one shooter. I know it sucks but I'm going to need all the facts, not the media facts but the truth, before I know whether they did anything wrong.

It was shameful and disappointing to watch even Tucker Carlson on Fox News go full anti-police without having the facts.....I have now sworn off Fox News as I did MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS many years ago.

Glad to see you’re finally waking up that both sides are exactly the same in their own different ways. Two sides of the same coin.

With that said - I understand the perceived outrage - not enough facts to have an opinion either way from me personally. Too many people in this country are taught from birth that 100% the police are here to protect them. They develop unrealistic expectations about protection and don’t understand the duty of their safety falls on them and them alone - not the police.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8606403 05/27/22 03:44 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Heard Dan bongino talking about secret service training. Said putting yourself in the line of fire has to be learned as it goes against Every natural instinct.

Bob, I'm not sure that is actually true, some folks will charge toward danger regardless and some will flee.....it isn't really learned behavior, it comes from within the person.

Perhaps.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Mr. T.] #8606404 05/27/22 03:44 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
According to one news outlet:
Outside the school, chaos and confusion reigned as distraught parents showed up and implored law enforcement to force their way in and kill the gunman. One father even asked officers to give him their gear, he said.
"I told one of the officers myself, if they didn't want to go in there, let me borrow his gun and a vest and I'll go in there myself to handle it. And they told me no," Victor Luna told CNN. His son survived.
Instead, officers held parents behind yellow police tape, refusing to let them enter as crying and screaming echoed around them, several videos show. After about an hour, a US Border Patrol tactical team forced its way into the classroom and fatally shot the gunman, Escalon said.

Once again, just a news story by people motivated to elevate the story and add to the conspiracy theories.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606408 05/27/22 03:53 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
There is suppose to be a news conference at noon local time to explain the time line of what actually occurred during the police response. Maybe it will shine a light on the details of what exactly occurred there. I'm not defending any decision to stand around outside while kids are being shot, but maybe there was a team or several teams inside when these parents and community members where confronting police outside. These parents have a right to be angry and demand answers, the ambulance chasers and gun grabbers attempting to seize this tragedy for their own purposes, not so much.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606418 05/27/22 04:05 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
So a mother can rush the school, un-armed, locate and rescue her two children, and make it out alive. Why can't trained law enforcement?

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606428 05/27/22 04:14 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I find it really hard to believe that any LE was standing around outside the school just hanging out or scared to run towards fire. You know that every LE on the scene was chomping at the bit to get in there but they were 500+ students/staff that needed to be evacuated and lots of parents showing up that needed to be protected as well.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8606432 05/27/22 04:19 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

Perhaps.

I put myself in a bad situation once many years ago by charging in. After the police showed me the video and asked me why I did that, I had no answers and didn't understand it myself. Where or why the feeling I had to do something came from, I'll never know. It ended well for me and the other people but the attacker had a bad headache and a glass door had to be replaced. Would I do it again? Who knows? It had to come from deep inside because it happened in a flash and the details were lost. If there hadn't been video I wouldn't know what happened. As for the police in this situation I would like to think they were securing the scene while the inside guys did there part.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606435 05/27/22 04:23 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
too many gunned down, that is for sure. the saving grace is all those who were not shot.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606452 05/27/22 04:37 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
DPS Colonel getting his azz handed to him in this press conference.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Roll-Tide] #8606457 05/27/22 04:44 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Yea, this is not going well.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8606459 05/27/22 04:49 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

I think you probably are both correct. One, I believe it can be “trained” into people to some degree. However, those people do not react naturally, therefore their process of reaction has to go through systems as they were trained. This creates time gaps.

You then have people who simply react to these situations based on their internal drive to “help.” Their single focus is to stop a threat. Training or no, they are going in, either to save a loved one, or to engage the danger. This type of person assimilates fear to focus the mind on the goal.

Unfortunately, when these horrific events occur it seldom occurs where the latter individual arrives at the perfect time and is able to dictate events from the beginning. Possibly ending the threat very quickly. This is what we all pray for.

We are naive to believe that the majority of LE also falls into the latter category. Just read many of the comments on here from LE “types.” I would venture a guess that this situation might have gone differently had they been first on scene. We don’t know. That is the nature of life.

The person who has that innate “drive” to help, to always go forward, that has that absolute belief that he/she can make a difference. Regardless of safety, life or death is who you want covering your back, or leading the charge. Their internal belief is John 15:13.

Proverbs 2
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Jimbo1] #8606465 05/27/22 05:02 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Sounded like he didn’t want to throw anyone under the bus. But, you gotta put the facts out there without media pulling it out of you. He finally said UCISD chief made the decision to treat this as a barricaded person and not an active shooter.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606469 05/27/22 05:04 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Sounds like the on-scene commander has some explaining to do, he acted as if the situation was a barricaded suspect and not an active shooter, should have know that even if the shooter was no longer shooting, kids needed treatment......appears that was the ISD Chief, but I'm not sure.

Sorry Roll Tide, we must have been posting at about the same time.

Last edited by Concho; 05/27/22 05:05 PM.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Roll-Tide] #8606471 05/27/22 05:04 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Sounded like he didn’t want to throw anyone under the bus. But, you gotta put the facts out there without media pulling it out of you. He finally said UCISD chief made the decision to treat this as a barricaded person and not an active shooter.

Bet they won't be doing another one for a while.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: wp75169] #8606480 05/27/22 05:20 PM
Sidebuster Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Originally Posted by wp75169
Do you think getting shot with a 9, 40, or 45 is insignificant to getting shot by at .223/5.56?

What I was referring to was the distance that each weapon would be effective.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Roll-Tide] #8606528 05/27/22 06:20 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606547 05/27/22 06:57 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
There was a lot going on inside and out.

The good guys were doing thier best with what they knew at that moment in time.

Also knowing, no matter what they did, it was not going to be enough.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606558 05/27/22 07:22 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
So a door is propped open…the bad guy somehow finds THAT specific door….

Then the ISD chief calls it a barricaded suspect - meanwhile from 11:30-12:19 there are numerous 911 calls from inside the class room, shots can be heard on at least one of these calls….

All the while there’s officers in the hallway

This one smells like [censored]. Utter incompetency at best…at worst…it stinks. Sad little kids had to be the ones to pay the price.

Last edited by Cochise; 05/27/22 07:22 PM.
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8606563 05/27/22 07:32 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I didn't see him getting his butt handed to him at all. I thought he handled it well. This thing is a **** sandwich right now and it's going to take a while to get it all sorted out.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Cochise] #8606564 05/27/22 07:34 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Cochise
So a door is propped open…the bad guy somehow finds THAT specific door….

Then the ISD chief calls it a barricaded suspect - meanwhile from 11:30-12:19 there are numerous 911 calls from inside the class room, shots can be heard on at least one of these calls….

All the while there’s officers in the hallway

This one smells like [censored]. Utter incompetency at best…at worst…it stinks. Sad little kids had to be the ones to pay the price.

Teacher propped open the door then went back to get his cellphone and went back to the open door then left again with it still open.
And they breeched the classroom door with....a key provided by the janitor!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide