Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605047 05/25/22 09:57 PM
H
Hooper21 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Just listened to an interview with his Grandfather. Said the kid was not in school, but had not graduated and that he would take the kid to work with him occasionally. Grandfather said he had a record and couldn't be around firearms but wasn't aware of the kid buying rifles. One of the most interesting things was the kid didn't drive or have a license. So how did a kid that had no job and no driver's license actually buy two rifles?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/texas-school-shooting-suspects-grandfather-185152965.html

Last edited by Hooper21; 05/25/22 10:24 PM. Reason: add video link

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Hooper21] #8605051 05/25/22 09:59 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hooper21
Just listened to an interview with his Grandfather. Said the kid was not in school, but had not graduated and that he would take the kid to work with him occasionally. Grandfather said he had a record and couldn't be around firearms but wasn't aware of the kid buying rifles. One of the most interesting things was the kid didn't drive or have a license. So how did a kid that had no job and no driver's license actually buy two rifles?

Exactly.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Creekrunner] #8605075 05/25/22 10:50 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Exactly.

He very recently worked at a Wendy's. People that worked with him were interviewed yesterday.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Hooper21] #8605095 05/25/22 11:14 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/texas-school-shooting-suspects-grandfather-185152965.html

Grandfather is a felon and HE cannot be around firearms. Mother is a druggie, father not around.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Jimbo1] #8605098 05/25/22 11:19 PM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Grandfather is a felon and HE cannot be around firearms. Mother is a druggie, father not around.

Sounds about right.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605106 05/25/22 11:26 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
A Texas ID card, 18 YOA and a way to pay for it are the only minimum requirements for buying a rifle. Apparently he met the requirements.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Hooper21] #8605157 05/26/22 12:34 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I have doubts that was the boys grandfather.

They haven’t talked about any prior arrests but the photo circulating with the blue background looks like a mug shot…but could be a government issued ID

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Gringo Bling] #8605194 05/26/22 01:11 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Prayers for all the victims and their families as well as the LEOs and medical personnel helping the injured.

Folks we can debate this sick chit all day and all night but the bottom line is our society is a mess today and we can blame it on video games, TV, internet, and whatever else we want to but the bottom line is it comes down to horrible parenting by many today! Who the hell cares what video games are out there because as a parent you should be spending time with your kids and monitoring EXACTLY what they watch, play, and do and there are MANY who do not. They let phones, Ipads, TVS, and PCs do the parenting so they don't have to!

Good luck with that. There is almost no way to monitor what kids see on their phones or tablets. You can get your kids involved in lots of activities, teach them right from wrong, monitor who they hang out with, and communicate openly with them. But, you're not going to filter what they're able to see and access on phones. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themself.

It’s pretty simple don’t buy them a phone or an iPad and they only get to use your computer when needed. No reason for a kid under 16 or so to even have a phone and when they need a phone get an old school type for making calls and texts.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: NORML as can be] #8605226 05/26/22 01:46 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I can't sleep and I know I'm going to catch hell for this but, I don't understand IF there is such a great loving and powerful entity why does it stand by and let the helpless innocent ones be slaughtered NOT once Not Twice but so many times and lets such bad people run amuck among us? I don't get it but I feel betrayed in being told all these years to believe and trust and nothing ever changes don't give me The devil is powerful reason that one is worn completely out. I don't know where to go from here I'm lost.

The answer is simple. Sin. Humans are of sin nature. Since Adam, men, all men, live in and under sin nature. The wages of sin is death. You combine that with the fact that Satan is the prince of this world. Satan goes about seeking who he can devour. Believing and trusting has very little to do with this world. The devil is powerful, but that is not the issue. Humans are the issue. Yes. God could intervene. God set up this earth, Garden of Eden, as perfection and what did man do? Man made his free will choice and this continues to this day and we are seeing the consequences of our choices. David said, when forsaken by my parents, then God will take me up. Now look at America. We have removed God from every single aspect of our society. Yet when evil tragedies occur what do we say? Why does God do this? Why would he allow the innocent to suffer? Only man’s total arrogance would question this. If we want God to intervene then there is a cost. That is to turn to God and put God first in this nation. We want God to handle the bad and yet we only want him dictating our lives when bad happens. The rest of the time we want to live our sin life. Pass our sin laws. Live a completely godless life, until something like this occurs. What fools we are.

Look at this forum. Look at the threads. The “Now drinking” threads will get hundreds if not thousands of views and numerous posts. Look at the occasional “religious” thread. The “Daily Praise” thread. 10 views maybe. Biscuit consistently replies. But what 1 or 2 reply’s. Then when a “prayer request” thread comes up everyone leaves the drinking thread and posts, “prayers up,” “prayers sent,” and such. Those prayers don’t make it past the ceiling. That is not what the Bible/God teaches. God calls this behavior “adulterous.” Yet every time we blame God and say he could stop this. Why? Why? Why? Now multiple this a million times over in our society in situations much greater than some stupid “ Drinking Now or the Best Bourbon” thread.

Next year Roe v Wade will be 50 years old. 65 million babies murdered. Do the math. Know what that is a day? Over 3500 babies murdered every single day. Did God pass Roe? Where is the rage? Did God allow same sex marriage? Yet we blame God in these tragic times. So in reality, God is allowing exactly what we asked for. God does not allow two timers.

Now let the “don’t judge crowd” and the “ you’re the reason I don’t do Christianity crowd” do their thing. And you have a very simplified and short version of why God “allows” these heart breaking events to occur.

God will not be mocked. The parents and loved ones have to carry the burden for our godless choices.

Proverbs 2
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605239 05/26/22 02:05 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Daily Praise 192 Thread 37 Views 0 Replies

Hump Day Thread 1183 Views 7 Replies

This is not how God operates. This is how humans operate. Yet we blame God.

Unless America returns to our first love, Christ, it is only going to get worse.

Proverbs 2
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605241 05/26/22 02:10 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Just read on a other forum the SRO engaged the perp outside the school, failed to stop the perp, the perp went inside the school and it was 40 minutes later that the perp was disabled….

Anyone else hear this or see this written?

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Texas buckeye] #8605246 05/26/22 02:14 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Just read on a other forum the SRO engaged the perp outside the school, failed to stop the perp, the perp went inside the school and it was 40 minutes later that the perp was disabled….

Read the same but feel like there’s some missing info here. Im guessing the SRO was armed with a handgun and the perp had an AR which is why the SRO was unable to stop him. Dunno.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Sniper.270] #8605249 05/26/22 02:20 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I can't sleep and I know I'm going to catch hell for this but, I don't understand IF there is such a great loving and powerful entity why does it stand by and let the helpless innocent ones be slaughtered NOT once Not Twice but so many times and lets such bad people run amuck among us? I don't get it but I feel betrayed in being told all these years to believe and trust and nothing ever changes don't give me The devil is powerful reason that one is worn completely out. I don't know where to go from here I'm lost.

The answer is simple. Sin. Humans are of sin nature. Since Adam, men, all men, live in and under sin nature. The wages of sin is death. You combine that with the fact that Satan is the prince of this world. Satan goes about seeking who he can devour. Believing and trusting has very little to do with this world. The devil is powerful, but that is not the issue. Humans are the issue. Yes. God could intervene. God set up this earth, Garden of Eden, as perfection and what did man do? Man made his free will choice and this continues to this day and we are seeing the consequences of our choices. David said, when forsaken by my parents, then God will take me up. Now look at America. We have removed God from every single aspect of our society. Yet when evil tragedies occur what do we say? Why does God do this? Why would he allow the innocent to suffer? Only man’s total arrogance would question this. If we want God to intervene then there is a cost. That is to turn to God and put God first in this nation. We want God to handle the bad and yet we only want him dictating our lives when bad happens. The rest of the time we want to live our sin life. Pass our sin laws. Live a completely godless life, until something like this occurs. What fools we are.

Look at this forum. Look at the threads. The “Now drinking” threads will get hundreds if not thousands of views and numerous posts. Look at the occasional “religious” thread. The “Daily Praise” thread. 10 views maybe. Biscuit consistently replies. But what 1 or 2 reply’s. Then when a “prayer request” thread comes up everyone leaves the drinking thread and posts, “prayers up,” “prayers sent,” and such. Those prayers don’t make it past the ceiling. That is not what the Bible/God teaches. God calls this behavior “adulterous.” Yet every time we blame God and say he could stop this. Why? Why? Why? Now multiple this a million times over in our society in situations much greater than some stupid “ Drinking Now or the Best Bourbon” thread.

Next year Roe v Wade will be 50 years old. 65 million babies murdered. Do the math. Know what that is a day? Over 3500 babies murdered every single day. Did God pass Roe? Where is the rage? Did God allow same sex marriage? Yet we blame God in these tragic times. So in reality, God is allowing exactly what we asked for. God does not allow two timers.

Now let the “don’t judge crowd” and the “ you’re the reason I don’t do Christianity crowd” do their thing. And you have a very simplified and short version of why God “allows” these heart breaking events to occur.

God will not be mocked. The parents and loved ones have to carry the burden for our godless choices.

I don't buy it anymore the book has been rewritten very cunningly over the years to what's needed to make you feel good and give a fit all answer.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: jeepercreeper] #8605251 05/26/22 02:24 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper

Read the same but feel like there’s some missing info here. Im guessing the SRO was armed with a handgun and the perp had an AR which is why the SRO was unable to stop him. Dunno.

Not doubting the SRO trying to engage a dude with a pistol when the perp had BA and rifles, but more about the 40 minutes to actually go in an clean him up. If thats the case, that is awful…

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Sniper.270] #8605252 05/26/22 02:25 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Daily Praise 192 Thread 37 Views 0 Replies

Hump Day Thread 1183 Views 7 Replies

This is not how God operates. This is how humans operate. Yet we blame God.

Unless America returns to our first love, Christ, it is only going to get worse.

Well said and love that you called out the thread views.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Texas buckeye] #8605262 05/26/22 02:31 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Not doubting the SRO trying to engage a dude with a pistol when the perp had BA and rifles, but more about the 40 minutes to actually go in an clean him up. If thats the case, that is awful…

Yeah that seems like a really long time. Especially when I also read that it seems like every form of LE in the area showed up. Think I read like 80+ officers, border agents, etc.

I also heard on radio that families of kids had to provide DNA swabs to help identify victims. My 4yo asked me what they were talking about and I choked up trying to change the subject. That was gut wrenching to hear.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Texas buckeye] #8605264 05/26/22 02:32 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

From what I read and don’t know if it’s accurate or not, but he left the rifles in the car and only used the pistol. Again have no clue if this is accurate or not.

[Linked Image]

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605270 05/26/22 02:40 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There’s always a lot we don’t know for certain in a developing story. News often reports incomplete and wrong information just to gain viewership.

To be determined
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605272 05/26/22 02:44 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Normal, I completely understand what you feel. Well I think I do. I may not, but I still hate that your belief has been betrayed. Humans do that quiet often. I have found that the more I study and dig into the Bible and original text. The more I pray and ask God to let me understand, for me, it brings me peace. Not always understanding, but faith in the perfect will of God.

My prayer is God will soften your heart and allow you to see his word in a different light. Either way, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Proverbs 2
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Texas buckeye] #8605278 05/26/22 03:00 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Just look at where Uvalde is on the map. It’s not like they would have a local hostage rescue or SWAT team just waiting on immediate standby. Imagine trying to process all the information coming in, no idea how many shooters, terrorist attack or whatever. Are kids being held hostage?

Would you want to send in some deputies and local city police in there pronto with six shooters blazing?

To be determined
Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605282 05/26/22 03:07 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I looked at UCISD website. Looks like they have 6 officers and 1 security officer. If your departments job is to secure schools, you better have an AR available. You know the bad guys gonna have 1.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: Texas buckeye] #8605285 05/26/22 03:15 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Yep…school security FAILED.

There was better security for Covid than there is now.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605288 05/26/22 03:25 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
11.30AM he crashed his car by the school and a SRO traded fire with him where the SRO was disabled by by rifle fire.

11:32AM other officers trade fire with him outside the school. He then entered the school with a rifle and 30 mags.

11:43AM he was shot in the head by a CBP officer. The CBP officer has a bullet hole in his ball cap from the exchange of fire.

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: cleatas] #8605289 05/26/22 03:27 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Jist so everyone is clear, i said the SRO failed to stop the perp, i never said they failed period end of story. I dont expect an SRO to make a multi-hundred yard approach to a perp in BA and armed with rifles and win that fight with only a pistol.

What i do expect is that SRO will he on the radio, calling for every resource available and be where the perp is well before 40 minutes. Maybe that is too much to ask, not knowing anything about how these things actually play out.

The other thing that i keep coming back to is why can we not steal some of that covid relief money that was sent to political allies and other pork, and outfit every school with some sort of ballistic closet in every classroom that teachers and kids can retreat into and be safe from gun fire. This would open up the students to other threats such as fire (not too many schools these days made of fire-prone materials) or bombs, but hopefully that would give law enforcement time to get the perp and then the closet could be opened by leos. Could also serve as a tornado shelter….

Re: Around 10 kids deceased [Re: ntxtrapper] #8605292 05/26/22 03:30 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
11.30AM he crashed his car by the school and a SRO traded fire with him where the SRO was disabled by by rifle fire.

11:32AM other officers trade fire with him outside the school. He then entered the school with a rifle and 30 mags.

11:43AM he was shot in the head by a CBP officer. The CBP officer has a bullet hole in his ball cap from the exchange of fire.

If that is the accurate timeline of how this went down, that makes me feel much better. Not that my feels are important in this situation, but less than 20 minutes start to finish is much more in line with what iI would expect, as a non-LEO.

Unfortunately, still plenty of time to kill 21 people. Sad deal. Sad sad deal

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 05/26/22 03:30 AM.
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide