Print Thread
Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598119 05/15/22 03:31 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace

It is hilarious, a bunch of "outdoorsmen" griping about high taxes in suburbia roflmao

You thinking you are warren buffet and the king ranch is even funnier I assure you roflmao

I grip about my land taxes too. Hell I gripe about truck registration. Although truck may not be as misspent as some of the other taxes

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8598121 05/15/22 03:39 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

It is hilarious, a bunch of "outdoorsmen" griping about high taxes in suburbia roflmao

You thinking you are warren buffet and the king ranch ranch s even funnier I assure you

I never claimed to be anything of the sort, just smart enough to not live like an ant in a mound. I believe you are the one who is always talking about being big time rancher......from dfw airport lol

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598132 05/15/22 04:17 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

You thinking you are warren buffet and the king ranch ranch s even funnier I assure you

I never claimed to be anything of the sort, just smart enough to not live like an ant in a mound. I believe you are the one who is always talking about being big time rancher......from dfw airport lol

I doubt you are as "smart" as you think you are!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Jimbo1] #8598136 05/15/22 04:26 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

I doubt you are as "smart" as you think you are!

May not be, at least when I look out the window I'm not staring at some other random persons house or a privacy fence. I do have that going for me....

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598168 05/15/22 05:34 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Filed my online protest with Fannin County this morning. We shall see...

When asked if I was willing to come in person if needed, of course I said yes. It would be my pleasure to talk to you people face to face.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: J.G.] #8598175 05/15/22 05:54 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

When asked if I was willing to come in person if needed, of course I said yes. It would be my pleasure to talk to you people face to face.

I did my first time in-person protest a few years ago. Never again...not good for my blood pressure!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Jimbo1] #8598180 05/15/22 06:01 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

I did my first time in-person protest a few years ago. Never again...not good for my blood pressure!

I feel this is one of those things best outsourced to an expert.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: glens] #8598181 05/15/22 06:05 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by glens
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by glens
Something I have noticed here lately is the amount of people who give out investment advice while paying an enormous tax bill. I'm sorry but I don't need your thoughts on bitcoin or other investments when you're paying $15k in property taxes to live on .23 acres lol. Might as well throw your money out the window.

Yeah , Do like an Idiot said before, "Downsize"

Calling me an idiot because my wife and I downsized? Classy

Nope, wasn't directed at you. . . . .

It really doesn't matter that TLK happened to agree with the idiot (me).

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598188 05/15/22 06:37 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Yes you did. I don’t own a cow right now, I don’t have too. My ranch/farm size is irrelevant, unless someone is asking me how I did it, or how and why I manage it the way I do from an investment standpoint. Then it could quantify the level of success I had in that investment

The below is your issue. You can see past the tax cost, and are petty about it .
Some one told me they paid 300k in taxes I’d be generally curious what could learn from them, obviously they did something right. Someone told me they had 15k tax bill, Meaning most likey over a million dollar home, i damn sure wouldnt call them a dumbass

This is all lost to you anyway.

Congrats on your home and land, you are obviously proud of it, just as other people are proud of their homes and lifestyles.

Originally Posted by bigfootwallace

Somethping I have noticed here lately is the amount of people who give out investment advice while paying an enormous tax bill. I'm sorry but I don't need your thoughts on bitcoin or other investments when you're paying $15k in property taxes to live on .23 acres lol. Might as well throw your money out the window.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Jimbo1] #8598191 05/15/22 06:50 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

My BP and heart rate won't move much off resting numbers.

I have dealt with stressful stuff, talking to the people at the appraisal district won't be a big deal for me.

I have done it once before. I came prepared with math. I like arguing with math, it is free from opinion or emotion. I got my way last time without much fuss.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598207 05/15/22 07:22 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Bobo, I never asked about your ranch or farm size or how many cows you have. You sure like bringing it up though. I will say you can't manage a ranch in the panhandle from Dallas, someone else has to do it that actually lives there. I won't argue though, I'm sure you're the best rancher in the dfw airport area lol

This is not the general public, this is a hunting forum. I would not expect the general public to want to live in the woods.

I'm still waiting on someone to show me where paying a huge suburban tax bill while then driving to hunt somewhere and paying someone else's tax bill is a good financial decision.

Not sure why one would be proud to pay a ton to live on a tiny piece of land and fight traffic everyday. Glad you enjoy that though.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598214 05/15/22 07:32 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Bobo, I never asked about your ranch or farm size or how many cows you have. You sure like bringing it up though. I will say you can't manage a ranch in the panhandle from Dallas, someone else has to do it that actually lives there. I won't argue though, I'm sure you're the best rancher in the dfw airport area lol

This is not the general public, this is a hunting forum. I would not expect the general public to want to live in the woods.

I'm still waiting on someone to show me where paying a huge suburban tax bill while then driving to hunt somewhere and paying someone else's tax bill is a good financial decision.

Not sure why one would be proud to pay a ton to live on a tiny piece of land and fight traffic everyday. Glad you enjoy that though.

I hunt a 5,500 acre prime LF South TX low brush ranch with seven extremely good people - all of whom I trust & respect. Have a 10X40 job trailer on it with central heat & A/C. No immigrant incursion. Very low oil field intrusion and none in my area. Two hours door to door. Year round access and I use it. It might be worth $10 mil or so. Took off eight (I think) last year. Made sausage with five.

Feed and lease cost is .001 the value of the land. Beat that tax rate.

There are some other positive benefits -

[Linked Image]

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598219 05/15/22 07:38 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

Keep digging that hole! BTW - $1,500 a year gets me and my wife 24/7 access to 480 acres to hunt & fish. Cant buy property for that so I think it's a "good" financial decision for us.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Hudbone] #8598220 05/15/22 07:38 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hudbone

I hunt a 5,500 acre prime LF South TX low brush ranch with seven extremely good people - all of whom I trust & respect. Have a 10X40 job trailer on it with central heat & A/C. No immigrant incursion. Very low oil field intrusion and none in my area. Two hours door to door. Year round access and I use it. It might be worth $10 mil or so. Took off eight (I think) last year. Made sausage with five.

Feed and lease cost is .001 the value of the land. Beat that tax rate.

There are some other positive benefits -

[Linked Image]

Nice buck. I'm just not a weekend hunter, I want to hunt everyday of deer season. During this time of year it's nice to eat dinner and go blast a big hog in the field at dusk. The thought of having to drive 2 hours to do the thing I love most in life (other than wife lol) is insane to me.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Jimbo1] #8598221 05/15/22 07:39 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B

Keep digging that hole! BTW - $1,500 a year gets me and my wife 24/7 access to 480 acres to hunt & fish. Cant buy property for that so I think it's a "good" financial decision for us.

How far is the drive? 3 hours roflmao

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598224 05/15/22 07:40 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Can't wait to tell Wifeypoo I have turned into a weekend hunter.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598225 05/15/22 07:40 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Some young men are just positive they've got it all figured out. It rarely works out well for that type.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598226 05/15/22 07:43 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Just another little stick guy thinking he's got something better

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598231 05/15/22 07:52 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Yep, property values everywhere are crazy.
Yep, Texas property taxes are crazy high and increasing.
Yep, some folks will argue with a fence post.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598233 05/15/22 07:54 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I'm just glad I'm not old and still don't have it figured out.......

I'm sure the ranch owner is happy for you to pay his taxes roflmao

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598236 05/15/22 08:00 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Some want to walk out the front door and look at nature, maybe even a feeder and some animals. Some want to walk out the door and talk to thier Indian neighbors about HOA drama.....

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598237 05/15/22 08:03 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Plenty of people have both, and don't worry about the taxes on either one. Also a reality that some careers are able to maximize earnings by living where the most people are.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598240 05/15/22 08:09 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Some want to walk out the front door and look at nature, maybe even a feeder and some animals. Some want to walk out the door and talk to thier Indian neighbors about HOA drama.....

Some want to walk out the door and be an [censored] more concerned about everyone’s business more so than thr own,

Last edited by Ol Thumper; 05/15/22 08:09 PM.
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8598245 05/15/22 08:16 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yep

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8598247 05/15/22 08:23 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I’m a terrible rancher, but a pretty good investor and decent manager. Again this is all lost to you, Managing my place is easy. I hired some great people that I value, that have an equal or higher ROI then me doing it my self at 1/3 the risk. Which none of this matters as it just shows I value land way differently then you do.

No one on this forum every said hunting was an investment… it’s recreation to me. And I hunt a bunch

Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide