Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587818 04/29/22 03:25 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by mikei
Thanks, everyone! We had heard that poor old Rockport was badly beaten the hurricane. If you guys say it's pretty much back on its feet, we'll give it and the area a try! Where should we stay and gimme some names of the good seafood places, please.

Yes, we got our butts kicked. I don't see it as ever being the way that it was before for several reasons, but we're back on our feet. up
As far as places to stay I have no idea, but I can point you in the direction of some good restaurants.

In town Paradise Key is a good/popular one. Great view on the water and the food is good.

Pier 77 has GREAT food and lots of it, but no view. It's right off the highway. Their steak and shrimp are on point, & dang good sweet potato fries. Order the garlic butter shrimp and they give you about 20 of them.

The Crab-N Restaurant was good before the storm, but haven't been since it was rebuilt.

For boiled seafood, there's The Boiling Pot. I haven't been in years but it's back and I hear it's still good, just a little pricey (but what isn't these days). There's a new "Boil House" restaurant downtown that I hear is good, but haven't personally tried it yet.

For seafood, if you want to leave Rockport then do yourself a favor and drive 15-20 minutes to Mickey's Bar & Grill in Aransas Pass. Good food and great view on the water. The blackened flounder sandwich and fried seafood baskets are popular, they also have great burgers, and the sesame seared tuna is good.

There are several new piers that you and the lady can enjoy walks on, and there's also the Rockport Beach. It's on Aransas Bay so not "technically" a beach, but it's clean and you can walk it. There's also a walking trail. There are huts and seats where you can catch some shade and enjoy the view, or go for a swim if you'd like.

If you need anything at all, just shoot me a PM.

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587838 04/29/22 03:59 PM
K
Kevin_M Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Thanks, everyone! We had heard that poor old Rockport was badly beaten the hurricane. If you guys say it's pretty much back on its feet, we'll give it and the area a try! Where should we stay and gimme some names of the good seafood places, please.

For places to stay I have had good luck finding houses here.

https://www.rockporthomerentals.com/

Food, Cant help as we usually go to HEB and cook for ourselves.

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: hook_n_line] #8587842 04/29/22 04:05 PM
M
mikei Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I just booked us for 3 days, in Rockport: May 16-18. So, skinnerback, be forewarned! From all the chatter, it sounds like you have an eating place there. Tell me where it is and we will come and dine at your place!

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587849 04/29/22 04:15 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I just booked us for 3 days, in Rockport: May 16-18. So, skinnerback, be forewarned! From all the chatter, it sounds like you have an eating place there. Tell me where it is and we will come and dine at your place!

They were just funnin', the only eating place I have is at my house LOL.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587868 04/29/22 04:55 PM
F
Fat Tire Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I have a couple of rentals in Rockport.
Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/42862411?location=Rockport, TX, United States&source_impression_id=p3_1597757151_kXg5XhlnK5BrQtFu

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/42686256?location=Rockport, TX, United States&source_impression_id=p3_1597757247_GVUTqkycWU1/V1DB

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: skinnerback] #8587887 04/29/22 05:48 PM
M
mikei Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Yes, we got our butts kicked. I don't see it as ever being the way that it was before for several reasons, but we're back on our feet. up
As far as places to stay I have no idea, but I can point you in the direction of some good restaurants.

In town Paradise Key is a good/popular one. Great view on the water and the food is good.

Pier 77 has GREAT food and lots of it, but no view. It's right off the highway. Their steak and shrimp are on point, & dang good sweet potato fries. Order the garlic butter shrimp and they give you about 20 of them.

The Crab-N Restaurant was good before the storm, but haven't been since it was rebuilt.

For boiled seafood, there's The Boiling Pot. I haven't been in years but it's back and I hear it's still good, just a little pricey (but what isn't these days). There's a new "Boil House" restaurant downtown that I hear is good, but haven't personally tried it yet.

For seafood, if you want to leave Rockport then do yourself a favor and drive 15-20 minutes to Mickey's Bar & Grill in Aransas Pass. Good food and great view on the water. The blackened flounder sandwich and fried seafood baskets are popular, they also have great burgers, and the sesame seared tuna is good.

There are several new piers that you and the lady can enjoy walks on, and there's also the Rockport Beach. It's on Aransas Bay so not "technically" a beach, but it's clean and you can walk it. There's also a walking trail. There are huts and seats where you can catch some shade and enjoy the view, or go for a swim if you'd like.

Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions on eating places from a "local!" We'll try some of them!

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587890 04/29/22 06:05 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
You bet!

Oh, and I forgot….there is a new little place on the main drag as well. It’s called Wild Prawn, seafood with an Asian flare. There’s no view but I hear the food there is really good. More of a gourmet style seafood joint.

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587893 04/29/22 06:18 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Do not, and I repeat do not, tell any of them that Skinner sent you.

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: Hudbone] #8587909 04/29/22 06:54 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
clap roflmao

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: Fat Tire] #8587934 04/29/22 07:55 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Fat Tire
I have a couple of rentals in Rockport.
Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/42862411?location=Rockport, TX, United States&source_impression_id=p3_1597757151_kXg5XhlnK5BrQtFu

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/42686256?location=Rockport, TX, United States&source_impression_id=p3_1597757247_GVUTqkycWU1/V1DB

Those just came out of no where. I started to look at them one weekend then for got came back later and they were all built out.

We have place not far from there. I hope you are doing well with them, sharp looking development

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587951 04/29/22 08:22 PM
S
spacejunkie Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Been a while since I have eaten there but I always liked Charlotte’s Plummer for seafood. Someone else may be able to give a more updated review on it.

Last edited by spacejunkie; 04/29/22 08:23 PM.
Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587954 04/29/22 08:35 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Mike, we went to Galveston during spring break. I had several people tell me how bad Galveston sucked, how nasty the beaches were, and how much I was going to hate the people. I’m not sure if they just didn’t know what they were talking about or if Galveston has cleaned up their act lately but we had a great time. The beaches were very clean almost zero sea weed, wasn’t busy at all especially for spring break, and I saw less homeless people than I did on Hawaii beaches. My 3 YO son had a blast.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8587957 04/29/22 08:40 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions on eating places from a "local!" We'll try some of them!

Crab N is really good but pricey. Good steak, great seafood
Mickeys has a great burger and killer soft shell crab sandwich. My go to lunch place after fishing all morning
Paradise key- good chicken fried steak and overall decent food. Go early it gets crowded
Panjo’s pizza is excellent
Glow-good food, thought it was a little pricey for what it was
495 Chesapeake… real good food bad [censored] crab dip, but not a huge menu
Pop’s is best burger in town but think of it as a smoked out dive bar… not exactly great dinning experience

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Want to go to the Coast, need help! [Re: mikei] #8588096 04/30/22 01:53 AM
M
mikei Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Thanks once again, to all y'all who've supplied me with the information We're looking forward to it and will give you a full report of our visit!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide