Forums46
Topics538,237
Posts9,734,669
Members87,075
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8558494 03/17/22 06:32 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Hunter307
I hunt 3-5 states almost every year, and apply in atleast10. The non-resident allocation out side of once in a life time draws is trifling. It’s makes it a pay to play sport. Which erodes hunting even more.

Essentially NM, Okla, CO, Utah, NV, WY, and MT are fasty becoming pay to play states

I get once in a life time tags but pronghorns/mule deer/whitetail/elk is just stupid

It’s werid that Texas is the most equality opportunity drawing in NA. Doesn’t even require a license to enter

As long as we continue to auction tags to highest bidder, NR allocation will continue to fall until non-existent

Texas is very much a pay to play state due to leasing. If you want better opportunity to draw tags, I would suggest petitioning TPWD to change things.

It's still pretty easy to get a Gen elk tag or region deer tag, but those are "undesirable" for some. Oddly enough, that's the only tag us "spoiled" residents can actually count on getting lol.

TX isn’t really relative to the discussion, as vast majority of Wildlife is managed by private land and nor do NR fund any significant amount of our DNR/wildlife

Like I said I actually hunt several western states a year. When you factor in the Fact the WY, CO, NM etc require NR to purchase a hunting license to apply so that they can maximize not only revenue and tax dollars like Pittman Robertson you are taking advantage of NR.

I’d like for WY to exclude all NR in raffle and auction tags. Would be pretty funny watching DNR and conservation revenue plummet

I'd like for Wyoming to do the same with raffle and auction tags. I'd also be ok with paying two times more for the tags as a resident. I mean I already pay more for my tags in Wyoming than I would as a non-resident buying a hunting license in Texas, why not pay even more!?

BTW how much is a Texas super combo for residents? Is it still 65 bucks like when I was a Texas resident? If it is, I pay about 7 times that for Wyoming tags as a Wyoming resident. In 10yrs I've never drawn a limited entry deer or elk tag. And i apply for a pronghorn unit that has poor access in the hopes i get to hunt. But hey, that's only an inconvenient truth for the NR demanders....

I love how folks are up in arms about Wyoming doing the exact same thing that most other western states have been doing for some time, since 90/10 is only for bison, sheep, goats, and moose.

Last edited by Hunter307; 03/17/22 06:37 PM.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558502 03/17/22 06:42 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I hunt 3-5 states almost every year, and apply in atleast10. The non-resident allocation out side of once in a life time draws is trifling. It’s makes it a pay to play sport. Which erodes hunting even more.

Essentially NM, Okla, CO, Utah, NV, WY, and MT are fasty becoming pay to play states

I get once in a life time tags but pronghorns/mule deer/whitetail/elk is just stupid

It’s werid that Texas is the most equality opportunity drawing in NA. Doesn’t even require a license to enter

As long as we continue to auction tags to highest bidder, NR allocation will continue to fall until non-existent

Texas is very much a pay to play state due to leasing. If you want better opportunity to draw tags, I would suggest petitioning TPWD to change things.

It's still pretty easy to get a Gen elk tag or region deer tag, but those are "undesirable" for some. Oddly enough, that's the only tag us "spoiled" residents can actually count on getting lol.

TX isn’t really relative to the discussion, as vast majority of Wildlife is managed by private land and nor do NR fund any significant amount of our DNR/wildlife

Like I said I actually hunt several western states a year. When you factor in the Fact the WY, CO, NM etc require NR to purchase a hunting license to apply so that they can maximize not only revenue and tax dollars like Pittman Robertson you are taking advantage of NR.

I’d like for WY to exclude all NR in raffle and auction tags. Would be pretty funny watching DNR and conservation revenue plummet

I'd like for Wyoming to do the same with raffle and auction tags. I'd also be ok with pay two times more for the tags as a resident. I mean I already pay more for my tags in Wyoming than I would as a non-resident buying a hunting license in Texas, why not pay even more!?

BTW how much is a Texas super combo for residents? Is it still 65 bucks like when I was a Texas resident? If it is, I pay about 7 times that for Wyoming tags as a Wyoming resident. In 10yrs I've never drawn a limited entry deer or elk tag. And i apply for a pronghorn unit that has poor access in the hopes i get to hunt. But hey, that's only an inconvenient truth for the NR demanders....

I love how folks are up in arms about Wyoming doing the exact same thing that most other western states have been doing for some time, since 90/10 is only for bison, sheep, goats, and moose.

That $65 covers fishing and hunting license(with tags) in Texas for everything legal to hunt or fish for on private or public land. Like posted above but instead....you could always move to Texas and then complain on the forums about NR fees and buying a license you can't use. You could hunt and fish every year for the same amount of animals on land you own or lease or state owned of our "cheap" license.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558504 03/17/22 06:44 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R

I'd like for Wyoming to do the same with raffle and auction tags. I'd also be ok with paying two times more for the tags as a resident. I mean I already pay more for my tags in Wyoming than I would as a non-resident buying a hunting license in Texas, why not pay even more!?

Truly a funny post. You can if you wish contribute to WGAF (honest that is the acronym) the equivalent of your tag costs, go for it. As for Wyoming doing the same thing as "other" western states if you haven't noticed they have all been taken over by leftists and their plan is to screw all of us residency unimportant.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558506 03/17/22 06:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I'd like for Wyoming to do the same with raffle and auction tags. I'd also be ok with pay two times more for the tags as a resident. I mean I already pay more for my tags in Wyoming than I would as a non-resident buying a hunting license in Texas, why not pay even more!?

Same old thought process as always. they are up in arms because opportunity is shrinking everywhere for NR. You included. You may not care because you may only hunt WY, but you are loosing opportunity right and left

The amount I spend every year floating tags, hunting license and building points is probably inline with my Texas lease cost. That’s just the amount to play the game. That’s not including tag costs.

It gets old especially when you know how much money NR represents in an Wildlife departments budget.

If you think Resident tags are expensive now. Take out 8-10million of revenue out of WY budget and have fun making it up.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Theringworm] #8558511 03/17/22 06:52 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted by stxranchman

That $65 covers fishing and hunting license(with tags) in Texas for everything legal to hunt or fish for on private or public land. Like posted above but instead....you could always move to Texas and then complain on the forums about NR fees and buying a license you can't use. You could hunt and fish every year for the same amount of animals on land you own or lease or state owned of our "cheap" license.

Exactly. The folks bemoaning the ability to draw a tag as a non-resident could just move. Of course then they still wouldn't probably not draw a tag, but facts don't matter to whiners.

Wyoming has the right to manage its wildlife how it chooses, just like Texas. That's just a fact of life.

Last edited by Hunter307; 03/17/22 06:56 PM.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Theringworm] #8558516 03/17/22 06:55 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H

Same old thought process as always. they are up in arms because opportunity is shrinking everywhere for NR. You included. You may not care because you may only hunt WY, but you are loosing opportunity right and left

The amount I spend every year floating tags, hunting license and building points is probably inline with my Texas lease cost. That’s just the amount to play the game. That’s not including tag costs.

It gets old especially when you know how much money NR represents in an Wildlife departments budget.

If you think Resident tags are expensive now. Take out 8-10million of revenue out of WY budget and have fun making it up.

I would gladly pay more (as I've stated many times) and donate every year to the game and fish on top of tag fees.

I've hunted Nebraska, Idaho, Texas, and New Mexico. I don't complain about the cost or regulations of other states
I'm just happy they let me hunt. Again I don't have a sense of entitlement.

Last edited by Hunter307; 03/17/22 06:57 PM.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558538 03/17/22 07:30 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R

Exactly. The folks bemoaning the ability to draw a tag as a non-resident could just move. Of course then they still wouldn't probably not draw a tag, but facts don't matter to whiners.

Wyoming has the right to manage its wildlife how it chooses, just like Texas. That's just a fact of life.

So tag fees are wildlife management? As far as I can see WGAF does very little management of wildlife other than sell tags and help the Feds with their wolf project.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8558539 03/17/22 07:33 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R

I’d like for WY to exclude all NR in raffle and auction tags. Would be pretty funny watching DNR and conservation revenue plummet [/quote]

I love how folks are up in arms about Wyoming doing the exact same thing that most other western states have been doing for some time, since 90/10 is only for bison, sheep, goats, and moose. [/quote]

If you think Resident tags are expensive now. Take out 8-10million of revenue out of WY budget and have fun making it up. [/quote]

You could cut 50% out of Wyoming GAF budget and see zero difference in wildlife numbers.

Last edited by rickt300; 03/17/22 07:34 PM.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: rickt300] #8558547 03/17/22 07:46 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted by rickt300

So tag fees are wildlife management? As far as I can see WGAF does very little management of wildlife other than sell tags and help the Feds with their wolf project.

Ok. Cool story. Fact is Wyoming has the right to manage its wildlife as it sees fit. Stay in your lane.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558560 03/17/22 07:58 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I would gladly pay more (as I've stated many times) and donate every year to the game and fish on top of tag fees.

I've hunted Nebraska, Idaho, Texas, and New Mexico. I don't complain about the cost or regulations of other states
I'm just happy they let me hunt. Again I don't have a sense of entitlement.

Entitlement usage here is nothing more then a projection, at those who can actually back their argument up with financial data.

Again if NR are financially supporting a large part of a State Fish and game budget then they should have more say, if you don’t want them too, then close it completely including Auction tags. But most won’t, the allocation changes basically says essentially they want to close down the little guy and keep the 300k governors tag guy. That by definition is entitled, WY residents per their vote want the most financial relief for the least competition. If you stopped all NR you would have to refund $50 million just in points. Just off hand you will have to up resident tag prices(all tags deer, elk etc) about another $600 -700 per tag to account for all NR financial influence (pp, tags, license and auction tags) after paying back the 50 million

Obviously I’m not entitled if I bought 10 different state hunting license just for a chance to hunt and only hunted 4 states last year. It’s pretty apparent I have no issue forking it over. I have 10 plus points for Deer and elk in Wy and I keep buying

Essentially your entitlement argument has no teeth, just a projection

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8558604 03/17/22 08:51 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H

Entitlement usage here is nothing more then a projection, at those who can actually back their argument up with financial data.

Again if NR are financially supporting a large part of a State Fish and game budget then they should have more say, if you don’t want them too, then close it completely including Auction tags. But most won’t, the allocation changes basically says essentially they want to close down the little guy and keep the 300k governors tag guy. That by definition is entitled, WY residents wants the most financial relief for the least competition. If you stopped all NR you would have to refund $50 million just in points. Just off hand you will have to up resident tag prices(all tags deer, elk etc) about another $600 -700 per tag to account for all NR financial influence (pp, tags, license and auction tags) after to pay back the 50 million

Obviously I’m not entitled if I bought 10 different state hunting license just for a chance to hunt and only hunted 4 states last year. It’s pretty apparent I have no issue forking it over,

Nobody is making you apply. If you don't like it, don't contribute. The allocation changes "basically says", WY residents should get 90% of tags and non-residents should get 10%, like most (if not all) western states.

1. Wyoming could toss the preference points tomorrow and "would not have to refund $50 million" for points.
2. I'd be fine with paying an extra 6-700 per tag.
3. I'm not in favor of auction tags, and its apparent are extremely against them. Does TPWD issue desert bighorn auction tags to .orgs like The Texas Bighorn society?

Being a non-resident hunter is a privilege, not a right in my mind, even when it comes to me.

Last edited by Hunter307; 03/17/22 08:54 PM.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Theringworm] #8558621 03/17/22 09:15 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
How is it entitlement/a privilege when the animals being hunted are on land I/we pay taxes on?

IIRC Wyoming is a non-income tax state as well.

So it’s considered a “privilege” to be able to hunt in federal land that I pay taxes on? Bullshyte

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558628 03/17/22 09:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Again if NR are financially supporting a large part of a State Fish and game budget then they should have more say, if you don’t want them too, then close it completely including Auction tags. But most won’t, the allocation changes basically says essentially they want to close down the little guy and keep the 300k governors tag guy. That by definition is entitled, WY residents wants the most financial relief for the least competition. If you stopped all NR you would have to refund $50 million just in points. Just off hand you will have to up resident tag prices(all tags deer, elk etc) about another $600 -700 per tag to account for all NR financial influence (pp, tags, license and auction tags) after to pay back the 50 million

Obviously I’m not entitled if I bought 10 different state hunting license just for a chance to hunt and only hunted 4 states last year. It’s pretty apparent I have no issue forking it over,

Nobody is making you apply. If you don't like it, don't contribute. The allocation changes "basically says", WY residents should get 90% of tags and non-residents should get 10%, like most (if not all) western states.

1. Wyoming could toss the preference points tomorrow and "would not have to refund $50 million" for points.
2. I'd be fine with paying an extra 6-700 per tag.
3. I'm not in favor of auction tags, and its apparent are extremely against them. Does TPWD issue desert bighorn auction tags to .orgs like The Texas Bighorn society?

Being a non-resident hunter is a privilege, not a right in my mind, even when it comes to me.

No they would suffer even great loss in litigation if they did in PP, Regardless is still an additional measure of what NR finical influence is on WY

Of course you are fine with it, you know that means even less competition as it would price many residents out of hunting, that’s the definition of privileged

WY had:
5 sheep Gov tags this year. So far they are averaging 245k a piece all NR
5 moose Gov Tags
3 buffalo Gov tags
5 Gov Elk
5 Gov Deer
5 Gov Antelope
32 commissioner tags

Texas had one Auction State Sheep tag and two Privately donated Private land auction sheep tags in 21. 22 allocation isn’t out yet. Texas also has zero regulations on NR applications or allocation on any state or federal land hunts.

We get it you are ready to price a large percentage of Wy residents out by excluding all NR and exponentially raising the cost of residents tags so you have less competition. The whole entitlement thing just came full circle

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Theringworm] #8558677 03/17/22 10:36 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I just got back from checking snares and along the way had a few adult beverages. That usually loosens up my mind. Russia is invading Ukraine to bring into Russia. Let's invade Wyoming and make it part of Texas. Problem solved.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: txtrophy85] #8558697 03/17/22 11:18 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
How is it entitlement/a privilege when the animals being hunted are on land I/we pay taxes on?

So it’s considered a “privilege” to be able to hunt in federal land that I pay taxes on? Bullshyte

The land may belong to you, but the game belongs to the citizens of Wyoming. You can use the land to camp, hike, bird watch, ski, whatever. When you choose to take game that belongs to Wyoming, you have to play by their rules.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558700 03/17/22 11:33 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R

Ok. Cool story. Fact is Wyoming has the right to manage its wildlife as it sees fit. Stay in your lane.

Waiting for some solid management of Mule deer or Elk stories. I lived and hunted in Wyoming for 21 years. If you don't know what your talking about stop talking.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: SherpaPhil] #8558701 03/17/22 11:35 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

The land may belong to you, but the game belongs to the citizens of Wyoming. You can use the land to camp, hike, bird watch, ski, whatever. When you choose to take game that belongs to Wyoming, you have to play by their rules.

The citizens of Wyoming? Get a grip. The state is not the same as the "citizens of Wyoming".

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Theringworm] #8558709 03/17/22 11:42 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
First the United States Supreme Court has determined that game animals belong to the state. Whatever axe you have to grind about them living on Federal Land is null and void. It's case law, take it up with the Supreme Court.

Secondly if you don't like auction tags, address them IN YOUR OWN STATE FIRST. Then address them in states which you don't live in.

Thirdly, good luck in your Civil suit over preference points when they change to bonus points (which is a much more fair situation in my opinion) whenever it changes.

Fourthly, nobody is making you apply to hunt in the great state of Wyoming. If you don't like the odds, don't. Pretty simple. Pay to play in tejas.

To Don K, I enjoy hunting my lowly general elk tag (that apparently is beneath most NR hunters) every year in Wyoming that what was once (albeit contested) former Republic of Texas territory. Wyoming residents from my perspective don't take issue with non resident hunters, until they tell us how it ought to be.

I enjoy hunting in my native State of Texas. I have been fortunate to draw two public land hunts at the devils river and palo duro canyon. If the prices increased 200 percent tomorrow you wouldn't hear me complaining. If they did away with the loyalty points I have in archery deer, exotics, mule deer, or gun management (I think) that I have in Texas, I wouldn't complain. Why? Because I am no longer a resident of Texas. Although I am a Texan.

Last edited by Hunter307; 03/18/22 12:51 AM.
Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8558801 03/18/22 01:00 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
First the United States Supreme Court has determined that game animals belong to the state. Whatever axe you have to grind about them living on Federal Land is null and void. It's case law, take it up with the Supreme Court.

Secondly if you don't like auction tags, address them IN YOUR OWN STATE FIRST. Then address them in states which you don't live in.

Thirdly, good luck in your Civil suit over preference points when they change to bonus points (which is a much more fair situation in my opinion) whenever it changes.

Fourthly, nobody is making apply to hunt in the great state of Wyoming. If you don't like the odds, don't. Pretty simple. Pay to play in tejas.

To Don K, I enjoy hunting my lowly general elk tag (that apparently is beneath most NR hunters) every year in Wyoming that what was once (albums contested) former Republic of Texas territory. Wyoming residents from my perspective don't take issue with non resident hunters, until they tell us how it ought to be.

I enjoy hunting in my native State of Texas. I have been fortunate to draw to public land hunts at the devils river and palo duro canyon. If the prices increased 200 percent tomorrow you wouldn't hear me complaining.

Texas doesn’t cost you additional as a NR for their draws, of course would pay more then $3 per draw app

If your going to cater to NR to offset Resident cost don’t get upset when they fire back. It’s really that’s simple

I get allocation on once in a life time tags, but not elk/deer/pronghorn. It doesn’t effect me in the least bit I guy a lot of LO tags, but it sucks watching hunting decline because residents want NR to essentially supplement their cost but don’t want to give them a voice or opportunity.

Eventually states like NM and Wy resident selfishness will ruin it for everyone,

I almost want see NM can the outfitter tags and all LO tags like some of the residents want so resident tag cost will sky rocket.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: rickt300] #8558889 03/18/22 02:10 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

The citizens of Wyoming? Get a grip. The state is not the same as the "citizens of Wyoming".

The State of Wyoming holds wildlife in trust for the citizens of Wyoming, to whom it belongs. Get a clue.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8558918 03/18/22 02:49 AM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H

Fourthly, nobody is making apply to hunt in the great state of Wyoming. If you don't like the odds, don't. Pretty simple. Pay to play in tejas.

To Don K, I enjoy hunting my lowly general elk tag (that apparently is beneath most NR hunters) every year in Wyoming that what was once (albums contested) former Republic of Texas territory. Wyoming residents from my perspective don't take issue with non resident hunters, until they tell us how it ought to be.

I enjoy hunting in my native State of Texas. I have been fortunate to draw to public land hunts at the devils river and palo duro canyon. If the prices increased 200 percent tomorrow you wouldn't hear me complaining.

Texas doesn’t cost you additional as a NR for their draws, of course would pay more then $3 per draw app

If your going to cater to NR to offset Resident cost don’t get upset when they fire back. It’s really that’s simple

I get allocation on once in a life time tags, but not elk/deer/pronghorn. It doesn’t effect me in the least bit I guy a lot of LO tags, but it sucks watching hunting decline because residents want NR to essentially supplement their cost but don’t want to give them a voice or opportunity.

Eventually states like NM and Wy resident selfishness will ruin it for everyone,

I almost want see NM can the outfitter tags and all LO tags like some of the residents want so resident tag cost will sky rocket.

Well I pay for everybody that applies in my party for Texas so it's usually 3x4 per hunt, not that you give an F. I'd do the same if it were 100 bucks a person, and I wouldn't complain......BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE NO GROUNDS TO DO SO.

You get allocations on "once in a life time tags, but not elk/deer/pronghorn"? Good, because as of now it's only bison, moose, sheep, and goat!

"Hunting decline" is a farse, trophy hunting is becoming more difficult. Again for the 3rd time? Its relatively easy to draw some WY region mule deer tag or a Gen elk tag, but picky NR trophy hunters don't want those.....they arent prestigious enough.

Stay in texas, hunt an animal with a name and known gross score and save yourself the physical exertion of a real hunt.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Hunter307] #8559276 03/18/22 04:03 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Well I pay for everybody that applies in my party for Texas so it's usually 3x4 per hunt, not that you give an F. I'd do the same if it were 100 bucks a person, and I wouldn't complain......BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE NO GROUNDS TO DO SO.

You get allocations on "once in a life time tags, but not elk/deer/pronghorn"? Good, because as of now it's only bison, moose, sheep, and goat!

"Hunting decline" is a farse, trophy hunting is becoming more difficult. Again for the 3rd time? Its relatively easy to draw some WY region mule deer tag or a Gen elk tag, but picky NR trophy hunters don't want those.....they arent prestigious enough.

Stay in texas, hunt an animal with a name and known gross score and save yourself the physical exertion of a real hunt.

Lol, get over yourself, the Texas projection is pathetic. I spent almost 40 days hunting western species last year (3 mule deer tags, elk tag, and two pronghorn tags). That about normal for me. I have no issue getting tags, I have no issues floating and paying applications cost. I may gripe about it as I know I’m highly offsetting resident costs but I keep doing it, bc at the end it’s still conservation money.

Your upset about an opinion, backed by the understanding of who is paying a large share of the wild life bill. It’s also simple economics when you look at who it’s going to be price out when you eliminate hunting of Non Residents on Public land. If you want to be ignorant toward it cool but don’t project at people that can back up how Wy maxes out Pittman Robertson dollars with so few hunters as a whole, how much revenue PP system for NR generates, how much money auction tags and super raffles generate.. etc.

I get it, you have eluded and eluded you don’t want competition from NR or residents on your public land, your reasoning is exactly what you are calling anyone that questions severally reduced tags for NR, entitled

Again if you are going to Use NR’s for Pittman Robertson money, PP money, Auction tags etc then don’t get mad when they want a seat at the table .

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8559307 03/18/22 04:36 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H

Lol, get over yourself, the Texas projection is pathetic. I spent almost 40 days hunting western species last year (3 mule deer tags, elk tag, and two pronghorn tags). That about normal for me. I have no issue getting tags, I have no issues floating and paying applications cost. I may gripe about it as I know I’m highly offsetting resident costs but I keep doing it, bc at the end it’s still conservation money.

Your upset about an opinion, backed by the understanding of who is paying a large share of the wild life bill. It’s also simple economics when you look at who it’s going to be price out when you eliminate hunting of Non Residents on Public land. If you want to be ignorant toward it cool but don’t project at people that can back up how Wy maxes out Pittman Robertson dollars with so few hunters as a whole, how much revenue PP system for NR generates, how much money auction tags and super raffles generate.. etc.

I get it, you have eluded and eluded you don’t want competition from NR or residents on your public land, your reasoning is exactly what you are calling anyone that questions severally reduced tags for NR, entitled

Again if you are going to Use NR’s for Pittman Robertson money, PP money, Auction tags etc then don’t get mad when they want a seat at the table .

So much for "hunting decline" huh lol.

And I'm not upset about anything, pretty happy with the 90/10 decision.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: Theringworm] #8559319 03/18/22 04:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
You obviously missed a few of the things I said like pricing Hunters out,( including your fellow WY’ians) ….IF….. you took away NR money. Once again you can’t get past your projecting. Current 90/10 as it stands doesnt effect monetary policy as it probably 20 tags tops which is easily adjust for, with more raffle or auction tags. First post I made. So Try again

I’ve fortunate to have the occupation I have that’s allowed my to hunt as much as I do. But that’s one hunter holding 5 limited draw tags in 3 states. I’m a Pretty high consumptive user… that’s not exactly a show of hunter net gain on opportunity, me holding 5 tags means five other hunters didn’t draw, or couldn’t afford to enter multiple draw systems and float thousands of dollars in NR tags and NR application costs.

Re: Wytex…..give us your feedback of the 90/10 ruling for WY. [Re: don k] #8559376 03/18/22 06:07 PM
G
gfarley Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Big bend national park hunts, non residents get equal chance at drawing as a resident, to my knowledge.

Dozer, mulched, and trackhoe work. Fencelines, senderos, tanks. Let me know if I can help with any dirtwork or construction.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide