Print Thread
Has anyone tried this? #8558107 03/17/22 03:36 AM
D
DWADR Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
I currently have an AR15 with a normal scope. I just bought an AR10 6.5 Creedmoor. I also purchased a Wraith NV scope. I just found a quick release mount for the Wraith scope online. I was wondering if anyone has ever put quick releases on 2 different guns and used one scope back and fourth as needed?

[Linked Image]
Deep Water Decoy Retriever
Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: DWADR] #8558112 03/17/22 03:43 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I have not done it, but, if you can do it without serious re-zeroing, you're o e lucky sob.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: unclebubba] #8558117 03/17/22 03:52 AM
D
DWADR Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I have not done it, but, if you can do it without serious re-zeroing, you're o e lucky sob.

That’s another question. Is the Wraith pretty simple to zero? I was assuming I would probably have to go zero it back in when I changed it to the other rifle.

Last edited by DWADR; 03/17/22 03:53 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: DWADR] #8558120 03/17/22 04:02 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Lots of guys do on thermals and some manufacturers actually include them. The best in my opinion is ZroDelta but American Defense, LaRue and Bobro (spelling can be jacked on all of those) all make a minute of pig return to zero at 100ish yards and in…probably further but we like the stalk and like to get close. I even have a cheap Burris that does a great job on a daytime scope.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: DWADR] #8558251 03/17/22 01:06 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Is this the one you are talking about?

[Linked Image]

This is where you need to buy it, member here and straight up good people.

Wraith QD Mount

The Wraith has multiple profiles, each profile can be a separate rifle and once zeroed when you swap between rifles simply choose the correct profile and verify zero. A handy dope book will allow you to keep track of all the data, mounting location for each rifle.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: David Maas] #8558337 03/17/22 02:43 PM
D
DWADR Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by David Maas

[Linked Image]

Wraith QD Mount

The Wraith has multiple profiles, each profile can be a separate rifle and once zeroed when you swap between rifles simply choose the correct profile and verify zero. A handy dope book will allow you to keep track of all the data, mounting location for each rifle.

[Linked Image]

Wraith QD Mount

[Linked Image]

Wraith QD Mount

Yes, that’s what I was looking at getting. That’s exactly what I wanted to know! I was wondering if the scope could save the zero data from each rifle. Thank you for posting this!

Last edited by DWADR; 03/17/22 02:46 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: DWADR] #8558340 03/17/22 02:48 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
There is the Sightmark QD mount and there is the American Defense QD mount for the Wraiths. Those are the only options. The Sightmark mount is fine and will do ok but it's definitely not the highest end mount, but it's good for a typical Chinese mount. The American Defense Wraith QD is top of the line, American made and the exact same style of a mount that is on the bottom of a $9,500 N-Vision XRF.

There are some common sense requirements to making these mounts hold zero between rifles. First, you have to put them back in the exact same picatinny slot they came out of when they were zero'ed on the rifle. Second, and this is a big one, you cannot adjust the tension on the mount between rifles. The dirty little secret is all picatinny rails aren't 100% identical in width. They are close but not identical and this can be true even between rifles/rails of the same brand. A mount should fit snug on the rail and should require a single thumb amount of pressure to open and close. You should not have to force it and it should not flop open. The optic should not be able to wiggle at all on the rail. So this is where the issue can come in....you might have it perfect for Rifle A but move it to Rifle B and it's too tight or too loose. In that case, you just can't move it to that rifle without adjusting the tension of the levers and thus needing to re-confirm your zero when you move it back to Rifle A. I'm not saying this is something you'll run into every time but it's common enough that I've seen it many times across my own collection of AR's and rails.

Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: Has anyone tried this? [Re: DWADR] #8558834 03/18/22 01:28 AM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
You can avoid buying a QD mount and just buy a good quality torque wrench to torque the mount that comes with the Wraith.

I would also pull the screws that attach the base, clean the threads and put some blue loctite on them. Then I would remove the nuts from the picatinny clamp crossbolts and put some anti-seize on them to eliminate any friction in the threads so you get an accurate torque reading everytime you switch it out.

You won't do it often, it's a pain in the keester, you'll figure out a rifle/Wraith combination that you prefer and will probably leave it mounted on that rifle.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide