Print Thread
Explain Something to Me #8509507 01/21/22 05:25 AM
B
BayouGuy Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
B
Why are people who are not required for some reason (such as employment) to show either proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test standing in line to be tested?

If you can't laugh at yourself, give me a call. I'll gladly laugh at you.

"I keep trying to see Nancy Pelosi's and Chuck Schumer's point of view,
but I can't seem to get my head that far up my [censored]." Senator John Kennedy, Louisiana
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509513 01/21/22 05:52 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Maybe to see if they need to go to their doctor for medications and treatment would be my guess. It's killed so many of our retirees that this will likely repair our retirement solvency issues.

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509577 01/21/22 12:31 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Fear and ignorance. Both concerning on their own, but when combined...

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509584 01/21/22 12:34 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
FOMO

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: ntxtrapper] #8509588 01/21/22 12:38 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Maybe to see if they need to go to their doctor for medications and treatment would be my guess. It's killed so many of our retirees that this will likely repair our retirement solvency issues.

Yep, that or trying not to spread it to others.

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509589 01/21/22 12:39 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
Because it's free. Start charging $100 per test and watch those lines dry up.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509590 01/21/22 12:41 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Not trying to be an A Hole but how do you know what these people's situation is?

Maybe they are required to for work or travel, maybe they are feeling a little under the weather and wanted to know, maybe they were in close contact to someone who tested positive?

What does still amaze me is the people who are out for a walk by themselves and nowhere close to anyone else wearing a mask, driving a car by themselves wearing a mask scared

Last edited by Stub; 01/21/22 12:41 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: Stub] #8509595 01/21/22 12:49 PM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Stub

What does still amaze me is the people who are out for a walk by themselves and nowhere close to anyone else wearing a mask, driving a car by themselves wearing a mask scared

It's a cult, the are true believers and are virtue signaling.

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: missingAK] #8509598 01/21/22 12:51 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by missingAK
Fear and ignorance. Both concerning on their own, but when combined...

Or, maybe they just want to know if they have it so they can be vigilant in trying not to infect an elderly member of their family or a friend?

Could it be that?

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: scottfromdallas] #8509599 01/21/22 12:53 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Only way to protect yourself from the govt funded chemtrails peep I actually met a lady that believes that

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: Stub] #8509601 01/21/22 12:54 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Stub
Not trying to be an A Hole but how do you know what these people's situation is?

Maybe they are required to for work or travel, maybe they are feeling a little under the weather and wanted to know, maybe they were in close contact to someone who tested positive?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I completely agree with your entire post.

There are those that have gone completely off their rocker with this but we still have to realize that we do not know their situation when we see them. Are they already sick and taking treatments for something that likely could kill them if they do catch it.....or someone else in their family?

I feel the problem with our country right now is that ALMOST everyone is way, way too quick to judge everyone else in how they choose to live their everyday life.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509603 01/21/22 12:56 PM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
So people are crowding in lines to test for something that is more contagious than potent so they can see if they're in danger of making someone else sick?

Try this instead. Keep your distance from others and don't go anywhere if you're sick.

Did these people get a cold/flu/strep test every time they sneezed five years ago? If so, they were crazy then so don't expect them to be un-crazy now.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509676 01/21/22 02:31 PM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I would add if this was really a deadly pandemic, how can our trusted leaders still not account for all the dirty masked littering the place? I'm think those filthy things are like toxic waste. You would expect biohazard receptacles in all public spaces to properly dispose of this deadly material.

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509731 01/21/22 03:01 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
That guy that thinks it’s his business to tell others how to handle their business is always there. My wife’s dad is 89. He has a pace maker, diabetes, and high blood pressure. That lands him firmly in the high risk group. He also has macular degeneration and can no longer drive so my wife and I see that he has the things he needs and check on him regularly. Neither of us want to take Covid to him. If that means getting tested if I get sick or exposed it is something I will gladly do for him with or without your approval. Tend to your business and let others tend to theirs.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: GasGuzzler] #8509836 01/21/22 04:19 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
So people are crowding in lines to test for something that is more contagious than potent so they can see if they're in danger of making someone else sick?

Try this instead. Keep your distance from others and don't go anywhere if you're sick.

Did these people get a cold/flu/strep test every time they sneezed five years ago? If so, they were crazy then so don't expect them to be un-crazy now.

I agree that people should keep their distance when not feeling right. However, you do realize some do have to get tested for their jobs, right?

And, the deadliest flu in American History was the 1918 spanish flu. Even with medicine over 100 years more educated this thing has killed 25% more than that one already so comparing it to a flu is not really accurate any longer IMHO.

I do agree with you that some have lost their minds with this but at the same time this is something this country has not experienced before and those trying to lessen it are just as bad if not worse than those who have lost their minds over it. Again, just my opinion on it.

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: Smokey Bear] #8509951 01/21/22 06:16 PM
B
BayouGuy Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
That guy that thinks it’s his business to tell others how to handle their business is always there. My wife’s dad is 89. He has a pace maker, diabetes, and high blood pressure. That lands him firmly in the high risk group. He also has macular degeneration and can no longer drive so my wife and I see that he has the things he needs and check on him regularly. Neither of us want to take Covid to him. If that means getting tested if I get sick or exposed it is something I will gladly do for him with or without your approval. Tend to your business and let others tend to theirs.

Well `ol Smokey Bear, methinks you are a bit oversensitive.

As the originator of this thread I'm going to assume you are referring to me as "that guy that thinks it’s his business to tell others how to handle their business," and your recommendation to "Tend to your business and let others then to theirs" is meant for me."

Please re-read my post again. I think you will find it's a simple request for information - not any attempt to tell others what to do. By the way, your explanation as to why someone might want to get tested makes perfect sense. But do you and your wife still get tested if you do not "get sick or exposed?" (Be assured you do not need my approval either way.)

but I can't seem to get my head that far up my [censored]." Senator John Kennedy, Louisiana
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: scottfromdallas] #8509954 01/21/22 06:20 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
I would add if this was really a deadly pandemic, how can our trusted leaders still not account for all the dirty masked littering the place? I'm think those filthy things are like toxic waste. You would expect biohazard receptacles in all public spaces to properly dispose of this deadly material.

And why would they mandate wide open borders with no vaxx enforcement for the invasion forces?

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509959 01/21/22 06:25 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
No and I’ve not been tested to date. My wife on the other hand is a schoolteacher. She has been exposed and tested multiple times. She also believes not having the kids in class for a half semester is something some will never fully catch up from. She also full well expects to be exposed and tested again in the foreseeable future yet her love for the kids she teaches keeps her there where she feels she belongs.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 01/21/22 07:22 PM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509961 01/21/22 06:27 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by BayouGuy
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

Well `ol Smokey Bear, methinks you are a bit oversensitive.

As the originator of this thread I'm going to assume you are referring to me as "that guy that thinks it’s his business to tell others how to handle their business," and your recommendation to "Tend to your business and let others then to theirs" is meant for me."

Please re-read my post again. I think you will find it's a simple request for information - not any attempt to tell others what to do. By the way, your explanation as to why someone might want to get tested makes perfect sense. But do you and your wife still get tested if you do not "get sick or exposed?" (Be assured you do not need my approval either way.)

Sounds like your the sensitive one, and should take your own advice and re-read the responses. I'd bet $$$ Smokey was replying to GasGuzzler, just two posts ahead of his response.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8509964 01/21/22 06:29 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue about who killed who.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8509998 01/21/22 07:07 PM
B
BayouGuy Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
B
Sounds like your the sensitive one, and should take your own advice and re-read the responses. I'd bet $$$ Smokey was replying to GasGuzzler, just two posts ahead of his response.

Perhaps you're right QuitShootinYoungBucks. blush It wouldn't be my first mistake for 2022, and we're only 21 days in. grin

Anyway, there will always be disagreements among folks. Sometimes both are right for their personal situations.

[Linked Image]

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8510055 01/21/22 08:37 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

Perhaps you're right QuitShootinYoungBucks. blush It wouldn't be my first mistake for 2022, and we're only 21 days in. grin

Anyway, there will always be disagreements among folks. Sometimes both are right for their personal situations.

[Linked Image]

roflmao

lmao
funny as hell

Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8510063 01/21/22 08:51 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J

[Linked Image]

WAIT...you've already made a mistake this year, it's gotta suck to live like that.

Seriously, to answer your original question...those people get their news from CNN and as you know, fear is a big seller right now and has been the last 2 years.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Explain Something to Me [Re: BayouGuy] #8510394 01/22/22 03:44 AM
F
fredeboy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
That can't be true I heard CNN viewers are down 80%. bolt

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide