Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,478
Posts9,737,537
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Now considering WT or axis buck hunt after Ida destroyed our land #8372150 09/02/21 04:35 AM
1chevypickup Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
I was considering doing an axis hunt this summer for my dad and I, however my dad found out he had cancer and has been undergoing treatments and was far to weak to do the axis hunt we talked about. (No big deal to him he wanted to go more just because I wanted him to go and us spend some time together.) So I figured I’d just wt hunt around home on our personal land and make some trips on our family land in Mississippi. Well Ida just hammered us here in Livingston and did tons of damage and we will more then likely be out of power for a month (Thank God for generators). Everyone is safe and other then that anything can be replaced! Our personal land however has gotten hammered. Box stands down and crushed, trees down everywhere, trails and creek crossings inaccessible. With the repairs and work needed to homes and businesses I know that won’t be priority.

Sooo with all that said I’m looking for a wt hunt. I usually cruise this page about once a week and throughout the season. If I find a hunt for a good deal that I’m interested in I book it. I’ve done 4 hunts now that I’ve found on this forum that have all been great. All very small time operations usually on people’s personal ranches. I’m open to anything being my hunting may be limited this year with all the rebuilding we have going on and my family owns a small tractor dealership so as soon as we repair our business and get power, I look for it to be very busy. So I’d love to find a reasonably priced hunt for a quality wt. I love really big 8s or 6s but honestly I just love wt hunting in general and each deer has their own characteristics. Hard to beat a tall tined buck with good mass though.

Thanks, I’m open to bow hunting or gun.
Thanks, Dylan

Last edited by 1chevypickup; 09/02/21 04:52 AM.
Re: Now considering WT or axis buck hunt after Ida destroyed our land [Re: 1chevypickup] #8374355 09/04/21 03:48 AM
1chevypickup Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Also if anyone would be interested I could probably arrange some sort of trade for a hunt. We sell covert cameras, wiseeye cameras (up and coming cell cam), regular trail cams.
PSE bows and xbows (warhammer is a heck of a shooting xbow)
Barnette xbows
Rotary cutters (lowery brand out of Alabama) and Woods
Tillers while they last
Disc up to 7 or 8’ hd
Bionic blades Land levelers
Grader boxes
Grader blades
Etc
Etc
Down to 1 new tractor
But have few 25-45 hp used tractors.

Could maybe work some sort of partial trades if anyone is in need of anything.

Re: Now considering WT or axis buck hunt after Ida destroyed our land [Re: 1chevypickup] #8374850 09/04/21 08:05 PM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Do you have any tractors that would be good patching and fixing roads?

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
Re: Now considering WT or axis buck hunt after Ida destroyed our land [Re: mulie_mike] #8376196 09/06/21 04:11 AM
1chevypickup Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
What do you mean? As far as dirt and gravel roads? A Tractor with a grader box or any sort of land leveler attachment like a bionic blade can move dirt and level roads and spread rocks or fill in ruts and that sort of thing.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide