Forums46
Topics539,451
Posts9,749,801
Members87,163
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: dogcatcher] #834254 08/12/09 02:14 AM
D
drj3828 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Yes deer hunting in Texas is a business, There is no more skill for most folks hunting any more. The only skill required by most folks hunting is the skill to spend big bucks(dollars). They also put tracking chips in them for the purpose of keeping tabs on where they are at plus to guide the RICH hunter to the Deer's location. This is not hunting it is high dollar slaughtering of a domesticated wild animals.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”
Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: drj3828] #834255 08/12/09 02:45 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You are talking about a small, very small percentage of people that "pen" hunt. Of the people on THF I doubt if there are more than 10, that is way less than 1%. And as long as they are hunting the "pens" they leave other places for the common hunter.

We also benefit from learning better management techniques from these places. They were the start of protein feeders, they were the start of and the advancement of auto feeders along with numerous other things.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: drj3828] #834256 08/12/09 03:59 AM
T
Tye Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Quote:

Yes deer hunting in Texas is a business, There is no more skill for most folks hunting any more. The only skill required by most folks hunting is the skill to spend big bucks(dollars). They also put tracking chips in them for the purpose of keeping tabs on where they are at plus to guide the RICH hunter to the Deer's location. This is not hunting it is high dollar slaughtering of a domesticated wild animals.

I have never heard of this. Can you please enlighten me with a news clip,article in a forum etc. that states this. Are you talking about Telemetry using neck collars? This is used as research to see what a deers home range or travel patterns are. They are not used to locate the deer to kill it.

Sorry to highjack(and this is open to anyone), but since we are talking money...if you owned land, what would you charge to allow someone to come on your property at any time, put blinds/ feeders where ever they wanted, camp on the place etc.? I bet you wouldn't lease it for free.

Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
If you shoot a young deer because a neighbor will shoot it, you are that neighbor.
Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: Tye] #834257 08/12/09 04:05 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
Personally, If I could afford land, I would keep it private for friends and family to hunt on and not charge anything. But that's the way I am and that's probably the reason I'm too broke to afford land. haha

Last edited by Curly; 08/12/09 04:06 AM.
Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: Tye] #834258 08/12/09 04:25 AM
D
drj3828 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Quote:

Quote:

I have never heard of this. Can you please enlighten me with a news clip,article in a forum etc. that states this. Are you talking about Telemetry using neck collars? This is used as research to see what a deers home range or travel patterns are. They are not used to locate the deer to kill it.

Sorry to highjack(and this is open to anyone), but since we are talking money...if you owned land, what would you charge to allow someone to come on your property at any time, put blinds/ feeders where ever they wanted, camp on the place etc.? I bet you wouldn't lease it for free.

I live in a small country town and work on farm equipment and heavy equipment, I have worked on a lot of stuff at afew of these so called high fence places. I have been told alot and shown alot of stuff you do read or hear on the news or magazines! I do not Deer hunt any more but the way hunting is done in modern times just kind of peas me off! But like they say " lifestyles of the rich and famous" the rich do what they want!

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”
Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: drj3828] #834259 08/12/09 04:29 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Quote:

What in the world are you talking about. The majority of deer hunting is still done on leases by average folks like most of us on here. Rich hunters killing big deer is extremely rare in the scheme of deer hunting and where did you get info chips are used? It is illegal to sell specific deer to kill if I remember correctly.

Re: Question about why Texans "Manage" deer [Re: Txduckman] #834260 08/12/09 04:46 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Quote:

Quote:

What in the world are you talking about. The majority of deer hunting is still done on leases by average folks like most of us on here. Rich hunters killing big deer is extremely rare in the scheme of deer hunting and where did you get info chips are used? It is illegal to sell specific deer to kill if I remember correctly.

A tracking chip... I think your confused.. There are such things as chips but that not for tracking, they have had ID chips for a long time for cattle and dogs... At one time the Goverment wanted all cattle chipped.. but I think that fell through. You had to have scanner to reteive any info off of it... which means you have to be two foot from them

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide