Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: TheHunted] #824476 08/02/09 04:37 AM
10pointers Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Boy it seems like everybody thinks that when a deer jumps a fence and a few second, minutes, etc... later you hear a boom! That they just killed an undersize aniaml?? Leave it alone. Unless he shooting on your side of the fence or you see the actual animal (illegal) get shot let it slide

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: 10pointers] #824477 08/02/09 07:06 AM
C
cuzins8 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Quote:

Boy it seems like everybody thinks that when a deer jumps a fence and a few second, minutes, etc... later you hear a boom! That they just killed an undersize aniaml?? Leave it alone. Unless he shooting on your side of the fence or you see the actual animal (illegal) get shot let it slide

This post is about seeing your neighbor shoot the illegal buck...

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Mr. Clean] #824478 08/02/09 07:07 AM
C
cuzins8 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Quote:

Texas GW Regional Commander is a GOOD FRINED...let me know if you need any "assistance."

huh?

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824479 08/02/09 07:11 AM
10pointers Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:

Quote:

OK! If that the case yall are both hunting to close to each other

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824480 08/02/09 07:21 AM
J
JED Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I don't know about everyone else but I was raised that NO ONE LIKES A SNITCH. Next thing you know someone riding with you in your own car will call and turn you in for speeding. I am not condoning anything and if it was something like tresspassing or shooting across property lines then yes I would call, but as the situation was described I would leave it along or talk to the hunters personally but I would not turn them in based on what was described.

3rd Armored Division
B Co 5/18 Infantry
[Linked Image]

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: 10pointers] #824481 08/02/09 07:30 AM
C
cuzins8 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL. Some people do not have 100's or 1000's of acres to hunt. If you have, say 80 acres and your neighbor has 50. It is not to far fetched to think this could happen... Say you hunt over looking a field, the deer crosses the field and jumps your fence and heads out across your neighbors field and he's shot.
This would not really be hunting "to close"...

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824482 08/02/09 07:30 AM
J
jodster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:

Quote:

That had a 10-12 inch inside spread that you guessed as it passed by. And 79% of the people here would call a GW. I wonder how many would call the GW if it was there son or cousin or BIL or dad that swears it was 13 inch inside spread before they shot it, but wasn't even a 13inch outside spread there lying on the ground. Story around camp a Caddo grasslands one year was the guy took one in a inch under to GW check station they took his deer and gave him a 800$ fine.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824483 08/02/09 07:35 AM
10pointers Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL. Some people do not have 100's or 1000's of acres to hunt. If you have, say 80 acres and your neighbor has 50. It is not to far fetched to think this could happen... Say you hunt over looking a field, the deer crosses the field and jumps your fence and heads out across your neighbors field and he's shot.
This would not really be hunting "to close"...

I actually own a 20acre veteran track and all my nieghbors the same. luckly I usaually lease my hunting land and let my friends hunt mine. Don't have to watch my neighbors that way. Just giving you the buisness now. Peace brother!

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: TheHunted] #824484 08/02/09 08:18 AM
M
murfdog Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Just keep telling them you saw the GW the other day. Tell them the GW has been making his rounds. Then (if you have proof) call the GW and tell them the situation and most of them will respect your wishes to remain anonymous. They will show up and say they were "just making their rounds".

On the other hand,..I think that this is only a problem with people that share leases or only have a small piece of property. If that's the case, get a new lease, or make your small piece of property the most attractable to deer.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: 10pointers] #824485 08/02/09 08:25 AM
C
cuzins8 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Quote:

Just giving you the buisness now. Peace brother!

huh?

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824486 08/02/09 09:17 AM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I voted to let it slide because in this scenario I viewed this rack from a distance and not with a tape measure. I have zero proof of ANY violation.

To call the GW based on the scenario provided would be irresponsible, IMO.

A GWs time is entirely too valuable to go wasting it everytime I THINK I see some infraction.

Not to mention how stupid would I look, and how peeved will that GW be at me for accusing people of poaching without proof?

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: TheHunted] #824487 08/02/09 06:34 PM
J
junfan68 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I am a big fan of the game wardens. Call them, and not only will he bust them on the first infraction, but he will make a point to keep an eye on that camp all season.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: junfan68] #824488 08/02/09 06:39 PM
C
CTK3 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I wouldn't say anything. AR's are bullshit anyway, and besides that it's none of my biz what people do on their side of the fence.

And like other people have said, I wouldn't want the game warden lingering around my area.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: 10pointers] #824489 08/02/09 06:54 PM
D
DSST_Construction Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe they make a thing called

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.
We fix/repair/build anything masonry

DSST Construction Services
Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167
Email k5blaser88@yahoo.com

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: CTK3] #824490 08/02/09 06:58 PM
E
elkhunter7x6 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
E
I wonder if all of these snitches turn themselves in every time they break the speed limit,run a red light, fail to use turn signal, cheat on taxes, shoot to early/to late, ect. ect.

Ok you guys are right they should hang these scum bags for commiting such a heinous crime.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: CTK3] #824491 08/02/09 07:44 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Quote:

.... AR's are bullshit anyway, ....

I agree. With this part only

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #824492 08/02/09 09:55 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I don't know what I would do, we don't have the AR rules where I hunt. I also know most of the people in the area and related to quite a few of them. Some things to think about. If they are willing to break the AR law what else or they capable of doing? Poaching across the fence line? Using the neighbors lease when they are at work? Road hunting? Maybe a little spot lighting on a neighbors lease? Out of season hunting?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: jodster] #824493 08/02/09 10:39 PM
1FowlHntR Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That had a 10-12 inch inside spread that you guessed as it passed by. And 79% of the people here would call a GW. I wonder how many would call the GW if it was there son or cousin or BIL or dad that swears it was 13 inch inside spread before they shot it, but wasn't even a 13inch outside spread there lying on the ground. Story around camp a Caddo grasslands one year was the guy took one in a inch under to GW check station they took his deer and gave him a 800$ fine.

I WOULD, and HAVE....one of the guys I guided with on Ft Hood shot one that I KNEW wouldn't make it asked me what I thought, and I told him it didn't matter what I thought b/c he was taking it in anyway...unless everyone *TRIES* to do the right thing, Antler restrictions will never be effective due to the amount of dead 10-12" bucks laying dead under a cedar tree where they were hidden.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: 1FowlHntR] #824494 08/02/09 10:45 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
PPL should try to obey laws.. but really depends on how much land that neighbor has as compared to the amount of land is being hunted on by the "person trying to make the polled decision". If the majority of the deer being said are coming from the other person land, I would let it be... that is the quickest way to get a hi-fence thrown up.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: moderno] #824495 08/02/09 11:03 PM
M
MacD37 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Quote:

If I were to see a buck jump my fence and take 10 steps and Kaboom, I would be mad as hell. Obviously the neighbor is hunting my fenceline.

If the fence seperates your property from his, then how is it only your fence line? If a buck jumps that fence, and takes even one step onto his property you have no say in the matter, the buck is on HIS land, not your's. If you wanted him why didn't you shoot him while he was on YOUR land? NOW if the buck is an illegal one, then call the GW or shut up, what he does on his own property has nothing to do with you as long as he is breaking no law!

Last edited by MacD37; 08/02/09 11:05 PM.

.........MacD37 >>>===(x)===> DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I have been to see the elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: MacD37] #824496 08/02/09 11:12 PM
D
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
i think alot of people get mad because they try hard to have a good deer and watch what they shoot and what they feed, while others next to them shoot whatever and dont care about nothing but a freezer full of meat.

kinda like the neighbor to the right of you that keeps his grass well cut and keeps his house looking good, while to the right it looks like a rainforest with a house thats about to fall down.

alot of peole dont care about what they shoot and alot do, thats where people start to get the red a$$

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.

Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: DSST_Construction] #824497 08/02/09 11:16 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
do not call a GW and buy out the neighbor.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: KellyAsh] #824498 08/02/09 11:22 PM
F
fowlplayr Offline
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
F
Quote:

To call the GW based on the scenario provided would be irresponsible, IMO.

A GWs time is entirely too valuable to go wasting it everytime I THINK I see some infraction.

Not to mention how stupid would I look, and how peeved will that GW be at me for accusing people of poaching without proof?

I don't quite agree with you on that on Kelly.

GW's can't be in every camp at one time. They rely on help from the public...including 'possible' violations. For example, if you ever read the Game Warden Field Notes on TPWD site, GW's bust lots of folks on infractions where they were initially investigating something completely different. I've never met a GW that would be ticked off because he got a call regarding a scenario like this. Afterall, it is what they get paid to do (among other things).

Now, would I call? I guess it would really depend on the neighbor. If he is routinely a horses a$$, I probably would just for general principal. If he is a rather respected landowner, typically does the right thing, etc., then I may give him the benefit of the doubt, and follow up with a drop-in visit for confirmation. If he has indeed shot an undersized deer, then I guess a firm reminder that the deer is illegal should be sufficient. He'll get the idea that you won't tolerate it.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: 1FowlHntR] #824499 08/02/09 11:24 PM
J
jodster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I WOULD, and HAVE....one of the guys I guided with on Ft Hood shot one that I KNEW wouldn't make it asked me what I thought, and I told him it didn't matter what I thought b/c he was taking it in anyway...unless everyone *TRIES* to do the right thing, Antler restrictions will never be effective due to the amount of dead 10-12" bucks laying dead under a cedar tree where they were hidden.

I follow rules like them or not and hope others do too. BUT IT SICKENS ME TOO HERE "bucks laying dead under a cedar tree where they were hidden" I would rather help a poacher drag out an illegal deer than watch a respected hunter go Opps and leave one lying. And further more the same goes for a hunter that shots a deer just for its head or antlers. I would rather see a carcess with back strap and and quarters missing than a carcass just missing a head.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: jodster] #824500 08/02/09 11:33 PM
D
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I follow rules like them or not and hope others do too. BUT IT SICKENS ME TOO HERE "bucks laying dead under a cedar tree where they were hidden" I would rather help a poacher drag out an illegal deer than watch a respected hunter go Opps and leave one lying. And further more the same goes for a hunter that shots a deer just for its head or antlers. I would rather see a carcess with back strap and and quarters missing than a carcass just missing a head.

i dont want to see no deer mistreated like that

Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide