To snitch or not to snitch ? #824451 08/01/09 10:04 AM
C
cuzins8 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
That is the question:

So my county is NOW under antler restriction and these bums that hunt on basically all sides of me will shot the first deer with anything on their head besides ears.
Let's say you pass on a 8 point 10-12" buck, he cruises by and heads straight for the fence. You see him jump the fence, he takes about ten steps and KABOOM! he gets shot. Would you call the GW. Would you go talk to the "hunter" or would you just forget about it?
It's sad but I can really see something like this happening around here, especially the first year or two of the AR's being in place.
I know what I will do but I'm curious to see what you all might do.

What would you do?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/01/09 06:34 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824452 08/01/09 10:12 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Although it would make me mad, I tend to try and stay out of other people's business.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cbump] #824453 08/01/09 05:30 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I would call the game warden.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cbump] #824454 08/01/09 06:15 PM
M
MacD37 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Quote:

Although it would make me mad, I tend to try and stay out of other people's business.

The law breaker is the one who is getting into your business! The game laws, and violaters are everybody's business. Turn the game thief in to the game warden! Let him pay a fine loose his rifle, and maybe get his truck taken, word will get around that breaking the game laws is not something you want to do!

.........MacD37 >>>===(x)===> DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I have been to see the elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: MacD37] #824455 08/01/09 06:21 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
It will happen and until the word gets out it will continue.

It's hard to break old habits, but people need to know there will be consequences no matter if you agree with the new law or not, so if you look the other way, you are just as guilty and might as well not even have game laws period, and everyone just shoot their deer and forget about it.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Jimbo] #824456 08/01/09 06:29 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
i would probably call the gw, but i know for me, i don thtink the gw even knows where i hunt, so i dont really want him to come check up on me everytime im out hunting either.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Closed Traverse] #824457 08/01/09 06:34 PM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Poachers are scum, call the game warden

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Closed Traverse] #824458 08/01/09 06:40 PM
B
Bucks and Ducks Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Quote:

but i know for me, i don thtink the gw even knows where i hunt, so i dont really want him to come check up on me everytime im out hunting either.

If your not doing anything wrong then there is no reason to worry.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Closed Traverse] #824459 08/01/09 06:50 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
If you don't call the GW you're condoning the neighbors actions.

To me its no different than ignoring a neighbors meth lab because you think its none of your business.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Bucks and Ducks] #824460 08/01/09 07:06 PM
J
jodster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I would try talking to hunter. Do a casual congrats to see the deer, "if" under size/illegal I would inform him as if he didn't know the rules. I wouldn't argue but hope he would do the right thing. If they/he were poachers and constant rule breakers I might call the GW.

I see poachers all the time fishing (keeping undersize fish, over limits, and fishing in restricted zones) and inform them of the rules. Some say they didn't know and others ignore me. I've never called a GW. I've had people ask me for them 8-9 inch crappie I was throwing back.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Rustler] #824461 08/01/09 07:19 PM
J
jodster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:

If you don't call the GW you're condoning the neighbors actions.

To me its no different than ignoring a neighbors meth lab because you think its none of your business.

Where's it stop? Do I call on the neighbor selling pot or the one smoking it? How about the one burning trash or pouring old motor oil on his fence post? Do I call every time I see a ORV on the road or if I see someone not wearing a seat belt?

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: jodster] #824462 08/01/09 07:25 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
ya exactly, i dont know how many of yall saw the "knife law" thread, but do i call the cops everyime i see someone in SA with a knife that has a "lockable blade"? where does it stop.

and as far as "ur not doing anythign wrong, so why worry"

well mainly because i dont want to deal with the hassle, i do a lot of spotlighting for hogs and other critters. next thing i know im getting stopped evrytime i go out.just a hassle i dont want to deal with.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Closed Traverse] #824463 08/01/09 07:30 PM
B
Bucks and Ducks Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Quote:

well mainly because i dont want to deal with the hassle, i do a lot of spotlighting for hogs and other critters. next thing i know im getting stopped evrytime i go out.just a hassle i dont want to deal with.

I understand that.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Bucks and Ducks] #824464 08/01/09 07:49 PM
B
bossbowman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Call the warden immediately, once you hit them were it hurts once, the pocketbook, as the warden will write them a big ol ticket. When they realize their neighbors are keeping an close eye on them, they will follow the rules in the future, it only takes one time for these slobs to change their attitude.

Last edited by bossbowman; 08/01/09 07:52 PM.
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Bucks and Ducks] #824465 08/01/09 08:30 PM
1FowlHntR Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Quote:

Quote:

I understand that.

If you spend more time building a rapport with your GW, it will benefit you in the future...example: When I first started hunting my wife's grandparent's land, they had hogs breaking through the "game farm" land to the east. I called the GW, and asked him to come out and help me control the population one night. He came out, we talked for a while, and went out for a spotlighting session. we didn't kill anything, but now anytime I call him for anything, he knows me, knows that I'm a responsible hunter, or knows that the problem I have with road hunters or other problems is a real problem not someone making a false report. It's the same way on FT Hood where I hunt, or the lakes I fish...

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: jodster] #824466 08/01/09 08:51 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
It stops when ever you as a responsible adult wants it to. Wherever your comfort level is.

If you want to live next to someone selling pot and if you like being around stoned or intoxicated people that's your choice, me I don't want any part of it near me.

If you want your careless neighbor to burn your pastures, barn, blinds, camper, four wheeler or tractor because they feel like burning trash thats your choice, me I don't want them to burn up my property.

If you want your water well, tank or the soil on your side of the fence to be poisoned by your neighbor dumping motor oil because he's too lazy to use a weed eater or the appropriate herbicide mixed and applied correctly, thats your choice.
I use a weed eater to take care of my fence line. Two of my neighbors love me because they don't have to do it.The other one uses herbicides so I don't have to do it.
Works well for all of us.

If you can live with yourself when the dummies driving the ORV on the road or folks not wearing a seat belt get killed thats your choice.
As long as it doesn't affect me I don't care if an adult makes a decision to risk his own life by doing something stupid. I consider it population control, we don't need idiots breeding bringing more idiots into the gene pool.

Poaching affects every single person that hunts or fishes. If you make a decision to break the law I want you to be responsible for the problems you cause and face the consequences of your actions, not me.

If we were neighbors I'm guessing you don't want me to call the fire dept, sheriff, police or GW if your place is on fire, someone is breaking into your house/barn/camper stealing your property or hunting/poaching on your place without your knowledge.
You just want me to look the other way when you break the law.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Rustler] #824467 08/01/09 09:01 PM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
While I absolutly hate ARs (as most folks here know, haha), I would call the GW if I knew for a fact that the other hunters were intentionally shooting illegal bucks. Although I don't call the cops everytime I see someone speeding or running a stop sign. Maybe I should because that endangers human life........oh wait, that's another topic.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Rustler] #824468 08/01/09 09:08 PM
moderno Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
If I were to see a buck jump my fence and take 10 steps and Kaboom, I would be mad as hell. Obviously the neighbor is hunting my fenceline.

Would I call the GW, yes I would, I would call him before quick could get ready.

If he shot a buck that was under the AR limit, he broke the law.

Bartender, bring me anything except brake fluid, cause I don't plan on stopping!
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Rustler] #824469 08/01/09 09:11 PM
J
jodster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:

It stops when ever you as a responsible adult wants it to. Wherever your comfort level is.

If you want to live next to someone selling pot and if you like being around stoned or intoxicated people that's your choice, me I don't want any part of it near me.

If you want your careless neighbor to burn your pastures, barn, blinds, camper, four wheeler or tractor because they feel like burning trash thats your choice, me I don't want them to burn up my property.

If you want your water well, tank or the soil on your side of the fence to be poisoned by your neighbor dumping motor oil because he's too lazy to use a weed eater or the appropriate herbicide mixed and applied correctly, thats your choice.
I use a weed eater to take care of my fence line. Two of my neighbors love me because they don't have to do it.The other one uses herbicides so I don't have to do it.
Works well for all of us.

If you can live with yourself when the dummies driving the ORV on the road or folks not wearing a seat belt get killed thats your choice.
As long as it doesn't affect me I don't care if an adult makes a decision to risk his own life by doing something stupid. I consider it population control, we don't need idiots breeding bringing more idiots into the gene pool.

Poaching affects every single person that hunts or fishes. If you make a decision to break the law I want you to be responsible for the problems you cause and face the consequences of your actions, not me.

If we were neighbors I'm guessing you don't want me to call the fire dept, sheriff, police or GW if your place is on fire, someone is breaking into your house/barn/camper stealing your property or hunting/poaching on your place without your knowledge.
You just want me to look the other way when you break the law.

Everyone breaks the law one way or another!!! Everyone sins!!! Except you.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: jodster] #824470 08/01/09 09:30 PM
N
NTRP Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
I would invite the hunter and the deer to my house to discuss it over a beer.

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: NTRP] #824471 08/01/09 09:31 PM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
Quote:

I would invite the hunter and the deer to my house to discuss it over a beer.

Or at least the hunter and the backstrap!

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Curly] #824472 08/02/09 01:31 AM
Regretzi Offline
Tracker
Tracker
If it isn't close to the restrictions no question about it call the GW. If he or she thinks they are responsible enough to use a firearm then they have to abide by the laws.

[Linked Image]
Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: Regretzi] #824473 08/02/09 01:42 AM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Texas GW Regional Commander is a GOOD FRINED...let me know if you need any "assistance."

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: cuzins8] #824474 08/02/09 01:58 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
They are going to come and eff up all your stuff when your arent there. Depends on the situation

Re: To snitch or not to snitch ? [Re: helomech] #824475 08/02/09 04:27 AM
T
TheHunted Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Quote:

I would call the game warden.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread