Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8219154 03/29/21 10:23 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
In the last 8 years almost all of the mid size SUV's have been bastard sized by the manufactures so that they look the same.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8219177 03/29/21 10:38 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
As far as the Lexus RX350.....we know a lot of people with a lot of kids...not a single one of them has a RX350. It's a nice car for a woman with no kids or an older lady, but I don't know a single mom that drives one. They are small, I wouldn't even consider them mid-size like a 4Runner, Acadia, or Explorer.

Vast majority of the mom's my wife is friends with drive full size SUV's....Tahoe, QX80, RR, Expo, etc.

Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8219216 03/29/21 11:25 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I would still consider the small KIA. More mobility in parking lots. I no longer make long trips.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8219492 03/30/21 02:23 AM
B
Brokedownhunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
GMC Acadia all terrain is what my wife has now called the at4 we love it

Let em drop
Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8219768 03/30/21 01:04 PM
Z
ZK-315 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Originally Posted by ZK-315
We went through all of this in December 2018. I don't know how much you travel or if you're planning on a second kiddo, but we outgrew our Explorer once the second kiddo hit the ground. We made it work fine for 7 months, but it just seemed to get pretty tight. We travel most weekends and even though we had the 3rd row folded down the majority of the time we drove it, it got tight with bags, stroller, diaper bag, etc. etc. and we weren't even in the age of needing to haul a kids bike yet.

We test drove all of the mid to big size SUVs and ended up in a Tahoe (wife's initial "want"). We absolutely loved the Atlas EXCEPT for the rear air vents not being in the ceiling. With two kids in car seats with Texas summers, unfortunately it was a deal breaker for us. Air vents in the ceiling was the one and only thing we wouldn't compromise on when buying a vehicle. Shortly after we got the tahoe the new expeditions came out....sure wish i would have looked into that, but we're happy with what we have.

The 2019s were out when we bought my wife's 2018 tahoe. It was still considered a "new" vehicle but was a demo. "New" meaning it still had all of the warranties and everything that a new vehicle has since it was never registered to anyone. If you can find any demo models, they'll tend to work pretty well on the price for you. We got 20k off of sticker with our demo that only had 7k miles. I'm not pushing the tahoe in the slightest, just make sure you look at the small things (airvents) and the big picture (another kiddo).

Thank you for pointing that out. Those air vents don’t seem like a big deal but that is the only gripe I have about my dads 4Runner it takes forever to cool off in the summers

It's not so bad with lower vents unless you have car seats. Our two boys run hot like I do, and with both of them still in seats it was definitely a no go. Once they start getting out of the car seats we'll have another look at them again.

Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8221221 03/31/21 07:31 PM
H
HogBranch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Just for a different point of view, had a Lexus RX350 and a BMW X5 before that. Now driving a Mazda CX9 and I consider it to be superior to both the Lexus and BMW. It is Quieter, rides better and the seats are more comfortable. Not to mention that it is MUCH less $$$$. I plan on getting another one at the end of this year.

Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: ZK-315] #8221291 03/31/21 08:34 PM
K
Kevin_M Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
We went through all of this in December 2018. I don't know how much you travel or if you're planning on a second kiddo, but we outgrew our Explorer once the second kiddo hit the ground. We made it work fine for 7 months, but it just seemed to get pretty tight. We travel most weekends and even though we had the 3rd row folded down the majority of the time we drove it, it got tight with bags, stroller, diaper bag, etc. etc. and we weren't even in the age of needing to haul a kids bike yet.

We test drove all of the mid to big size SUVs and ended up in a Tahoe (wife's initial "want"). We absolutely loved the Atlas EXCEPT for the rear air vents not being in the ceiling. With two kids in car seats with Texas summers, unfortunately it was a deal breaker for us. Air vents in the ceiling was the one and only thing we wouldn't compromise on when buying a vehicle. Shortly after we got the tahoe the new expeditions came out....sure wish i would have looked into that, but we're happy with what we have.

The 2019s were out when we bought my wife's 2018 tahoe. It was still considered a "new" vehicle but was a demo. "New" meaning it still had all of the warranties and everything that a new vehicle has since it was never registered to anyone. If you can find any demo models, they'll tend to work pretty well on the price for you. We got 20k off of sticker with our demo that only had 7k miles. I'm not pushing the tahoe in the slightest, just make sure you look at the small things (airvents) and the big picture (another kiddo).

Thank you for pointing that out. Those air vents don’t seem like a big deal but that is the only gripe I have about my dads 4Runner it takes forever to cool off in the summers

It's not so bad with lower vents unless you have car seats. Our two boys run hot like I do, and with both of them still in seats it was definitely a no go. Once they start getting out of the car seats we'll have another look at them again.

Yeah,if they are rear facing, I can see it being an issue. Both my boys (2&4) are forward facing and it'll damn near freeze them out in our Atlas.

Re: New Mid Size SUV [Re: Mike Honcho] #8221830 04/01/21 06:34 AM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Given what you've listed I'd check out the Atlas. You could also check out these as I think they check a lot of boxes for you.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/v/cars/xc60?gclsrc=ds

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide