Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: early season elk boot/hikers [Re: BDB] #8194810 03/07/21 02:02 AM
B
bphillips Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I will say synthetic and stiff if packing. A light synthetic mountaineering boot would be my choice. I run La Sportiva Trango Cube they have been phenomenal but you have to have a narrower foot for them. Any other in that class from a reputable company would be just as good. Scarpa comes to mind. A flexible sole will not be comfortable under heavy load

I light synthetic mountaineering boot will give you the support without the ridiculous weight of leather like Kennetrek.

[Linked Image]
Re: early season elk boot/hikers [Re: Gumbeaux] #8197356 03/09/21 03:56 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
I was going to suggest Oboz as well. I've tried some mentioned above and they are just too stiff. I need more comfort.

I've been extremely happy with the Oboz. They're out of Bozeman, MT and are extremely comfortable. Mine are insulated and work very well.

I’m happy with the non insulated Oboz I purchased a week ago. Wore them at a walking field trial last week. Will test them again next weekend in the cold rain at Lubbock trial.

Re: early season elk boot/hikers [Re: bphillips] #8197795 03/09/21 11:29 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by bphillips
I will say synthetic and stiff if packing. A light synthetic mountaineering boot would be my choice. I run La Sportiva Trango Cube they have been phenomenal but you have to have a narrower foot for them. Any other in that class from a reputable company would be just as good. Scarpa comes to mind. A flexible sole will not be comfortable under heavy load

I light synthetic mountaineering boot will give you the support without the ridiculous weight of leather like Kennetrek.

I’m going to put that to the test on my upcoming sheep hunt. Swapping my Kenetreks for those exact La Sportivas. And I really like my Kenetreks so I’m still up in the air about it.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: early season elk boot/hikers [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8197802 03/09/21 11:38 PM
B
bphillips Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

I’m going to put that to the test on my upcoming sheep hunt. Swapping my Kenetreks for those exact La Sportivas. And I really like my Kenetreks so I’m still up in the air about it.

I ran them on my dall sheep hunt. No complaints whatsoever and was very glad to have cut some weight anywhere possible. Results may vary but to date I have not had a blister or hotspot with them either. They fit me perfectly with just darn tough hikers and no liner

I came down with 90-100lbs and all that had issue were my knees haha

Last edited by bphillips; 03/09/21 11:40 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: early season elk boot/hikers [Re: bphillips] #8198042 03/10/21 03:17 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

I ran them on my dall sheep hunt. No complaints whatsoever and was very glad to have cut some weight anywhere possible. Results may vary but to date I have not had a blister or hotspot with them either. They fit me perfectly with just darn tough hikers and no liner

I came down with 90-100lbs and all that had issue were my knees haha

That’s really good to hear thanks for the information.
up

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide