Re: At what point.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8172479 02/16/21 09:22 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Pronghorn will cross low fences but they definitely impact their movements. They prefer to cross through holes/going under. They are by no means confining or containing to them.

Actually on my ranch I have a pasture that once the get in under the gate they will run in a circle for hours. New net wire and they are going in under the gate to get to water. Every now and one will jump out but the rest just run the perimeter, waiting for you to move away from the gate. In their mind they are confined to that area. Actions say so. This isn't a theory. Pronghorn didn't evolve jumping logs, fences etc. So most struggle with it when they are in a heighten state. Also why there is a big push to remove netwire across mule deer and promghorn migration paths, they are a deterrent

As a whole, they typically struggle with it as a deterrent, some groups have learned to jump certain heights just like Whitetails and HF

But what do I know I've always had them on my ranch. Only observed and hunted them for 40 plus years

If your position is pronghorn are contained by low fences, you don’t know much. I don’t care if you’ve hunted them for 100 years. You know better. I said the fences do affect their movements. If you are saying that, fine. But they don’t contain them. They go under them if barbed wire and through holes in net wire. They will jump them if pushed too hard. Pronghorn fence crossings are often hunted by archery hunters. You have probably hunted some yourself. But then again you also know that deer rarely jump high fences. You also know that wild animals aren’t livestock. You also know that deer will range over large areas - especially in the rut.

Yet your desire to argue with me overrides all and for some reason causes you to take positions that anyone with a modicum of knowledge and experience knows are ridiculous. There is no way you sit around all the campfires out west and up north that you do and argue some of the crap you post on here. Or, if you do, you are the laughingstock of the camp (presuming you hunt with folks with any experience at all). Tell the folks up at Arctic Red about how wild animals are just livestock and how wonderful HF hunting down here in TX is and see the reactions you get.

Incidentally, are you going to make fun of yourself for using a guide like you did when I came back from my sheep hunt up north (even though it’s required by law and you knew that too)? You don’t have to answer, it’s a rhetorical question.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8172521 02/16/21 10:00 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I will say when they show no fear of humans whatsoever and hard to impossible to spook.

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8172651 02/16/21 11:43 PM
M
MAP Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I will say when they show no fear of humans whatsoever and hard to impossible to spook.

that happens on the king ranch, and thats as free range as you can get.....but I get what your saying

Basically for me, if the animal was not born on the property thats a big no for me with exotics....whitetails I prefer all native with no northern genetics

Re: At what point.... [Re: MAP] #8172663 02/16/21 11:54 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
“that happens on the king ranch, and thats as free range as you can get.....”

Yep

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8172674 02/17/21 12:02 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Some time in the far future some one will start a thread right before a big winter weather event and they will ask "DO YOU REMEMBER that event back in Jan 2021 and WHAT DID YOU DO that week". I think some of us will say all we remember is this thread, but we dont remember what the thread was about. Every time I post on this thread I really cant remember what Red(OP) wanted us to discuss.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8172687 02/17/21 12:19 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Not to worry

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8172777 02/17/21 01:34 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
A pen is a pen. Carry on......

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8172781 02/17/21 01:37 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
If I ever get to the point of using Internet forums and threads as my points of reference in the future I shall know my entire life has been truly wasted....

Re: At what point.... [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8173004 02/17/21 06:03 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Pronghorn will cross low fences but they definitely impact their movements. They prefer to cross through holes/going under. They are by no means confining or containing to them.

Actually on my ranch I have a pasture that once the get in under the gate they will run in a circle for hours. New net wire and they are going in under the gate to get to water. Every now and one will jump out but the rest just run the perimeter, waiting for you to move away from the gate. In their mind they are confined to that area. Actions say so. This isn't a theory. Pronghorn didn't evolve jumping logs, fences etc. So most struggle with it when they are in a heighten state. Also why there is a big push to remove netwire across mule deer and promghorn migration paths, they are a deterrent

As a whole, they typically struggle with it as a deterrent, some groups have learned to jump certain heights just like Whitetails and HF

But what do I know I've always had them on my ranch. Only observed and hunted them for 40 plus years

If your position is pronghorn are contained by low fences, you don’t know much. I don’t care if you’ve hunted them for 100 years. You know better. I said the fences do affect their movements. If you are saying that, fine. But they don’t contain them. They go under them if barbed wire and through holes in net wire. They will jump them if pushed too hard. Pronghorn fence crossings are often hunted by archery hunters. You have probably hunted some yourself. But then again you also know that deer rarely jump high fences. You also know that wild animals aren’t livestock. You also know that deer will range over large areas - especially in the rut.

Yet your desire to argue with me overrides all and for some reason causes you to take positions that anyone with a modicum of knowledge and experience knows are ridiculous. There is no way you sit around all the campfires out west and up north that you do and argue some of the crap you post on here. Or, if you do, you are the laughingstock of the camp (presuming you hunt with folks with any experience at all). Tell the folks up at Arctic Red about how wild animals are just livestock and how wonderful HF hunting down here in TX is and see the reactions you get.

Incidentally, are you going to make fun of yourself for using a guide like you did when I came back from my sheep hunt up north (even though it’s required by law and you knew that too)? You don’t have to answer, it’s a rhetorical question.

Not a desire to argue, it's same observations I had for years. It's the exact reason you have to talk about holes in a netwire fence. Almost Any animal can be made to try to jump a fence, including bovine over an 8’ fence. It's all about how much pressure you apply, doesn't mean the will clear it, just means they finally ran out of options.. If they are running in a circle and not jumping and the can't go through it, they feel confirmed, why else would the still be running looking for a hole.

An animals home range is it's home range. If a property is bigger then it's home range, then it exceeds its home range. Pretty cut and dry, TX whitetails don't migrate. Every animal I've killed in the last two years was no less the 6 years old. WT’s, Mule Deer and Pronghorns... Not one of them do I or a friend not have a very long history with with year's of photos. All LF. It's a not a phenomena that they satay close to or same home range for past 4 plus years

Lol, I go on guided hunts all the time, suppose to leave tomorrow in fact. I also go on DIY hunts every year. I do both. I’ve never hidden that. This year 3 DIY hunts, one semi guided, one guided. Almost 50% guided/semi guided tag service. ‘19 I went on 3 DIY one guided Hunt. In fact I can't think of a year in last 10 that I didn't do at least one guided hunt.

I never made fun of your sheep hunts, I mocked your ignorance as you beat on your chest declaring your experience beyond reproach as you mocked a guys last elk hunt.... You are still the littlest man I know for that. It's shows again in this thread.

Artic can't say to much since they offer helo charter services, if you so wish. How many short cuts can a man buy? they offer a ton of them. That's what this thread is about right? Buying short cuts?

I'm honest about what short cuts I've bought, that's the fundamental difference between you and I. I don't measure or compare my experience or animals to ANY ONE else, they are my own. I don't care if my hunt was 10 mins or 15days. It's only my individual experience that matters to me. In fact find a picture of the last animal I posted about that I've killed. I've killed a pile over the last 6-7 years, good luck finding me with a grip and grin

I don't set around campfires arguing any thing, most guides I hunt with get it. They are honest with the mirror. At same stand point, i don't cares what their opinion of my thoughts are. Why would care?

Same old NP. As always best of luck to you.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: At what point.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8173026 02/17/21 09:58 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
happybday

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173040 02/17/21 10:51 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I'm right because I'm right and you should think in such a manner as I see fit.

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173043 02/17/21 11:06 AM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Another novel by our big time Grapevine rancher lol.....

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173057 02/17/21 11:57 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Much like this thread, Bo Squared and I do not agree anywhere near 100% of the time, but I have found most of his material is produced with the high hope minds can actually comprehend what the eyes see. He often uses a self deprecating argument which is far from the condescending "I know better than you" approach which may serve one well in terms of seeking a judgment, but fairs poorly in the court of public opinion.

Re: At what point.... [Re: BigfootWallace] #8173126 02/17/21 02:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace

Actually wrong city but I split time between panhandle and here. Yes I own a few acres and generally run a few pot loads on wheat, rest is farming. If you want to make this a measuring contest we can.

I prefer not too, this thread isn't about what I have or don't have. Nor you. It’s About our long term sustainability model of whitetails and how me manage them for sustainable human use

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173144 02/17/21 02:27 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
As long as it's legal I don't give a rip what/where/how a person chooses to hunt. Some of them aren't my cup of tea, but who cares? Always get a kick out of these types of regurgitated threads.

Re: At what point.... [Re: Jgraider] #8173176 02/17/21 02:52 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Jgraider
As long as it's legal I don't give a rip what/where/how a person chooses to hunt.

Rip is a great character. Came up from nothing and even though he's done a few murders in his day he is a good guy.

Killed a charging bear with a .30-30....low fence of course.

Enjoys Original Coors but may enjoy a Chocolate Malt from time to time......

RedChevy this thread is entirely your fault

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173286 02/17/21 04:34 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Amd rip gets to bang beth. People could do worse. Her crazy seems to he pretty tempered by rip as well....

I think this thread has made several folks eligible for train tickets....

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 02/17/21 05:23 PM.
Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173306 02/17/21 04:46 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Underrated:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173313 02/17/21 04:57 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Train tickets and tp banging?

Re: At what point.... [Re: Hudbone] #8173350 02/17/21 05:24 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Train tickets and tp banging?

Typo, “to bang beth” sorry. Typing from my phone, i do try to proof before i send it.

You gotta watch to understand train tickets

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173357 02/17/21 05:27 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I guess thats a movie or something I missed.......

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173364 02/17/21 05:29 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Ok lets take this thread a whole new direction (just to keep it going through snowpocalypse):

Who in this thread is who in yellowstone characters?

Go....one name per post please

Re: At what point.... [Re: BigfootWallace] #8173581 02/17/21 07:34 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace

It appears you're new here and don't know BOBO, I know him personally and can tell you that he is no weekend warrior wanna be rancher city slicker LOL. He's been farming, ranching, and a rodeo junky all of his life. You've got him pegged wrong. up

Re: At what point.... [Re: redchevy] #8173637 02/17/21 08:21 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
No need to peter measure over land that looks like a parking lot with grass.

Farmers/Ranchers don't live 5 hours from their operation. Thats called an absentee landowner, carry on...

Re: At what point.... [Re: Hudbone] #8173651 02/17/21 08:31 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Fantasy - the high hope minds can actually comprehend what the eyes see

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread