Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: TexFlip] #8126893 01/12/21 10:40 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TexFlip
My mother-in-law is a PA and talked to the doctor at a clinic in Crockett and that is what he is administering. She thought it was dangerous and called it the "kitchen sink" approach.

Lots of reputable drs prescribing it.

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8126903 01/12/21 10:46 PM
C
crosshare Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cleatas
Originally Posted by crosshare
Pour on is 1ml to 35lbs. Rub on arms, legs, whatever and let it soak in.

I was told 1cc per 100lb orally

I haven’t done a dosage comparison per labels, but I’m guessing “pour on” is going to be higher since it has to be absorbed through the skin into the body compared to oral. The paste kind, haven’t researched the dosage on that. I had “pour on” in the barn so that’s what I used. I’m betting some of any kind is better than none up

* I’m not a doctor or medical professional, just a country boy, and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night
Disclaimer

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: crosshare] #8126917 01/12/21 10:58 PM
C
cleatas Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
Pour on is 1ml to 35lbs. Rub on arms, legs, whatever and let it soak in.

I was told 1cc per 100lb orally

I haven’t done a dosage comparison per labels, but I’m guessing “pour on” is going to be higher since it has to be absorbed through the skin into the body compared to oral. The paste kind, haven’t researched the dosage on that. I had “pour on” in the barn so that’s what I used. I’m betting some of any kind is better than none up

* I’m not a doctor or medical professional, just a country boy, and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night
Disclaimer

Lol same here, thanks for the reply.

''Tis better to be silent and be THOUGHT a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8126918 01/12/21 10:58 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Pass.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8127361 01/13/21 04:43 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
My mother-in-law is a PA and talked to the doctor at a clinic in Crockett and that is what he is administering. She thought it was dangerous and called it the "kitchen sink" approach.

How is Ivermectin dangerous?

The pour on stuff has pesticides in it.
The ivermectin that the studies are using is made in pill form in exact human doses without pesticides, insecticides.
My daughter is a FNP and we also raise cattle and use Ivermectin a lot. She has read the studies and every single one of them condone using the animal formulas. Especially the large animal formulas.
People are idiots when it comes to this stuff and any other wives tales.

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127367 01/13/21 04:51 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I can tell you that it tastes like chit. Used it on my dogs for years, it worked but they hated it. I tried a little because I was giving it to my dogs, it will make you foam at the mouth and takes hours to get the taste out.

Vodka, hot peppers, and Vitamin C worked for me.

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: huntwest] #8127690 01/13/21 04:02 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by huntwest

The ivermectin that the studies are using is made in pill form in exact human doses without pesticides, insecticides.
My daughter is a FNP and we also raise cattle and use Ivermectin a lot. She has read the studies and every single one of them condone using the animal formulas. Especially the large animal formulas.

Ivermectin is the drug, Ivomec is the non generic pour on dewormer that contains Ivermectin as a %.

I asked how dangerous was the drug ivermectin. I know the answer from MD and OD’s.

I processed 1000’s of yearlings, as we owned a feedlot, preconditioning yard and cow calf operation.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: skinnerback] #8127699 01/13/21 04:07 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by skinnerback
I can tell you that it tastes like chit. Used it on my dogs for years, it worked but they hated it. I tried a little because I was giving it to my dogs, it will make you foam at the mouth and takes hours to get the taste out.

Vodka, hot peppers, and Vitamin C worked for me.

Lol, wait until you put Syringe cap in your mouth and it’s got a tiny drop of Micotil in it. You only do it once.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8127722 01/13/21 04:22 PM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by huntwest

Ivermectin is the drug, Ivomec is the non generic pour on dewormer that contains Ivermectin as a %.

I asked how dangerous was the drug ivermectin. I know the answer from MD and OD’s.

I processed 1000’s of yearlings, as we owned a feedlot, preconditioning yard and cow calf operation.

The danger, she suggests, is in prescribing a medication that hasn't been clinically tested on coronavirus in humans.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127731 01/13/21 04:32 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
So here's a little food for thought...do you take medicine to "treat" a cold virus or do you take medicine to treat cold symptoms? Most of us say the symptoms, because there is nothing out there to effectively treat the virus right?

So for something that has a lethality in the range of covid, why does anyone need to treat with anything other than symptomatic care? If you are below 65 and otherwise healthy, the lethality of this virus is so low you have a higher chance of getting killed driving to the pharmacy to get the meds (or the feed store, wherever you are getting the wormer).

If you are above 80, with significant health issues, the mortality is around 10%. If the OP is in this age demographic, just kiss your family, call it day and take what pills are given you. If you are gonna die form this, it isn't because you have or haven't taken a wormer. It will be because your body has such an inflammatory reaction to shut down your organ systems and ivermectin isn't going to be the cure.

Sorry for the grim outlook for those really old and sick, but that's who this disease is killing. Very very few healthy younger folks are dying form it, and it sucks that some do. But that's just life, people die every day and most of the time there isn't much we can do to prevent it.

But as I have told my parents about some expensive vitamin supplements, its your money, spend it however you want. Most of the time you will just be peeing out your money into the toilet, but if it makes you feel better, then have at it.

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127736 01/13/21 04:35 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You need to stop using logic on this thread. : bang

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127741 01/13/21 04:39 PM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Anyone else had covid and took ivermectin? I just took a dose and curious if anyone else has taken it with good results. I know I can’t be the only one...

At least you won't have worms. roflmao

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127745 01/13/21 04:42 PM
N
NewGulf Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
One of my buddies is taking it and says it's helping him...I forgot to ask him if he was using the injectable or pour on

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127751 01/13/21 04:46 PM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
I was told if you use the paste get the Apple flavor.

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: TexFlip] #8127956 01/13/21 07:03 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by texflip

The danger, she suggests, is in prescribing a medication that hasn't been clinically tested on coronavirus in humans.

It has in several countries. Some show reduced hospitalizations, some slight reductions

This is my biggest grip about current political environment, take medicine that are cheap, and have Decades of SAFE user data and toss any success out with them. We just put out 4 vaccines with limited clinical trials.......

Ivermectin was developed for humans, I mentioned Australian studies on this in March

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8127966 01/13/21 07:12 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

It has in several countries. Some show reduced hospitalizations, some slight reductions

This is my biggest grip about current political environment, take medicine that are cheap, and have Decades of SAFE user data and toss any success out with them.

Ivermectin was developed for humans, I mentioned Australian studies on this in March

Add in the fact that very little had been studied in humans with coronavirus, and it makes so almost any medicine treatment for corona or its symptoms is purely speculative. Nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is. We know of the side effect profiles for most drugs being used, and for the most part they are quite safe with some having some low percentage side effects (hcq specifically).

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127976 01/13/21 07:17 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Its my understanding that you can treaat a cold and it will last two weeks. Do nothing and it will be gone in 14 days.

[Linked Image]

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8127987 01/13/21 07:26 PM
C
cleatas Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
I feel it’s helped me after 24hrs and I don’t have a tail and I have not been craving coastal hay or range cubes

''Tis better to be silent and be THOUGHT a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8128008 01/13/21 07:35 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

This is my biggest grip about current political environment, take medicine that are cheap, and have Decades of SAFE user data and toss any success out with them.

Add in the fact that very little had been studied in humans with coronavirus, and it makes so almost any medicine treatment for corona or its symptoms is purely speculative. Nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is. We know of the side effect profiles for most drugs being used, and for the most part they are quite safe with some having some low percentage side effects (hcq specifically).

Correct, that was my may gripe about HCQ becoming so political. There is a reason why it first was highlighted (SARS) and still being used. All along it was being used as a tamiflu not a cure. Death rates and high risk groups where stated very early on in the epidemic, those groups still hold true.

People need to think in terms of lessoning severity or recovery time. Not cure, any of the current vaccines aren’t cures. Still a role of the dice, and multiplier against you if you fall in high risk.

Corona is a health wake up call, ironically unless you are a smoker...

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8128014 01/13/21 07:41 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Correct, that was my may gripe about HCQ becoming so political. There is a reason why it first was highlighted (SARS) and still being used. All along it was being used as a tamiflu not a cure. Death rates and high risk groups where stated very early on in the epidemic, those groups still hold true.

People need to think in terms of lessoning severity or recovery time. Not cure, any of the current vaccines aren’t cures. Still a role of the dice, and multiplier against you if you fall in high risk.

Corona is a health wake up call, ironically unless you are a smoker...

Speaking of political, I STILL can not believe the dems (pelosi, but biden specifically) were able to lie themselves through debates and state they were not openly saying we didn't need to shut the borders and trump was xenophobic for doing so early on....just goes to show when the media re on your side you can declare any narrative you want and the mob will believe.

If Biden had said hcq was a miracle drug, it would have been. If Biden and pelosi said they saw Santa Claus on Christmas eve the news would have gone nuts looking for him....
confused2

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8128024 01/13/21 07:51 PM
M
MO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
It is too early to say if it’s helping but I personally know too many people that have taken it and swear it helped tremendously. When I went and got tested and was told I was positive I asked the doctor about it and he just smiled and said of course I can’t prescribe it and don’t tell everyone to go get some but hey you may be on to something. Just that alone made me say heck I’ll try it

Ivermectin has been prescribed for human for years. Since the news came out , I have dispensed it to dozens of
patients. Some for treatment , some for prophylaxis , I have had no feedback, but if I test positive , it will be the first thing I take,

MO

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8128031 01/13/21 08:02 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Does it come in a suppository?

eek2

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: cleatas] #8128110 01/13/21 09:17 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Following

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: MO] #8128111 01/13/21 09:18 PM
C
cleatas Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MO
It is too early to say if it’s helping but I personally know too many people that have taken it and swear it helped tremendously. When I went and got tested and was told I was positive I asked the doctor about it and he just smiled and said of course I can’t prescribe it and don’t tell everyone to go get some but hey you may be on to something. Just that alone made me say heck I’ll try it

Ivermectin has been prescribed for human for years. Since the news came out , I have dispensed it to dozens of
patients. Some for treatment , some for prophylaxis , I have had no feedback, but if I test positive , it will be the first thing I take,

MO

Good to hear that MO! So far so good for me!

Re: First hand knowledge? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8128125 01/13/21 09:25 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

If Biden had said hcq was a miracle drug, it would have been. If Biden and pelosi said they saw Santa Claus on Christmas eve the news would have gone nuts looking for him....
confused2

That’s what CNN would of said....

You mean if he said it showed promise.... and that it has been prescribed for decades with low side effect risks...

I doubt it would of been BANNED by a democrat State Gov.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide