Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: DocHorton] #8081782 12/09/20 01:31 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Methodist in Mansfield ICU is full as well with COVID patients according to nurse friend I spoke with last week. According to her they had 4 COVID patients die on Thanksgiving day.

For those of you saying the ER's are empty....the ER and ICU are not the same. ER is for triage and immediate treatment, not a place for severe patients to camp out.

That being said, I doubt all hospital ICU's are overwhelmed, but I know some ICU's are pretty full.

Thanks Doc, we need you to keep things real here...

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8081870 12/09/20 02:54 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Never gone thru ICU to get to the ER. I saw what I saw . . . In Chicago, no less

Last edited by Bullfrog; 12/09/20 02:54 AM.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: HWY_MAN] #8081871 12/09/20 02:57 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
My first wife was a Nurse, my second wife was an ER Director and my third wife is a Nurse. I've spent a lifetime around hospitals and seen and heard all the BS. Right now hospitals are jumping for joy! Most are now owned by large corporations and the ultimate goal for the bean counters is to be at maximum Income, I mean maximum capacity.

They're no different than hotels. Empty beds mean less revenue.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8081882 12/09/20 03:07 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Reality is ICUs stay fairly full most of the time. I doubt many hospitals built out a huge amount of excess capacity. Point is, not all stats reported for ICU beds are covid patients as the media portrays.

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: Bullfrog] #8081902 12/09/20 03:29 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Never gone thru ICU to get to the ER. I saw what I saw . . . In Chicago, no less

Correct, it's the other way around. Typically if patient is severe and will be admitted they go from ER to ICU. That's why hospitals have ambulance bays at the ER, not the ICU.

This probably explains it better:

"Intensive care and emergency room are two different areas of a hospital. The emergency room of a hospital is where ambulances bring people who are critical. It is also the area where patient's go when they need immediate care and cannot wait for an appointment with a physician. Some people who go to the emergency room will be treated and discharged while others will be admitted to the hospital for further care. The intensive care unit is where critically ill patients go until they are stabilized. Intensive care units receive their patients from surgery, the emergency room, as well as other areas of the hospital."

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8081924 12/09/20 03:56 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
ICU and hospital patients are admitted from other hospitals/ERs as well. Our hospital does not have an ICU and sends patients to FW hospitals primarily.

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: MO] #8082059 12/09/20 12:22 PM
J
John175 ® Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by MO
Friend of a friend in Lamesa Tx , could not find a bed in Lamesa , Lubbock , Odessa, Midland.

Life flighted to Ft Worth, not expected to make it. This is real folks , for all you non belivers , hope you don't lose a loved one,

I have lost several customers and one employee.

wear the damn mask

MO

No.

You stay home.

Yeah, I get around.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: John175 ®] #8082060 12/09/20 12:24 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline OP
giddyup
OP Offline
giddyup
F
clap

You wear the mask MO and then we are both safe and both of us get to do what we want......freedom

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8082092 12/09/20 01:07 PM
J
John175 ® Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
And if I ever catch you leaving your basement I will fine you, take away your job, 401k, life savings and any dreams of prosperity you may have had.

Yeah, I get around.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: MO] #8082639 12/09/20 06:49 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by MO
Friend of a friend in Lamesa Tx , could not find a bed in Lamesa , Lubbock , Odessa, Midland.

Life flighted to Ft Worth, not expected to make it. This is real folks , for all you non belivers , hope you don't lose a loved one,

I have lost several customers and one employee.

wear the damn mask

MO

Real yes.......really blown out of proportion, yes.......a mask is not going to protect you and failed to protect the people you mention in your post....deal with it......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8082770 12/09/20 08:34 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
New Data Reveal Which Hospitals Are Dangerously Full. Is Yours?

Data link

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8082786 12/09/20 08:44 PM
J
John175 ® Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
If 20% of your ICU is COVID then what's killing the other 80%? Why aren't they the big story?

I bet if any of the other 80% test positive for COVID they'll rack up another COVID death. Man dies of COVID in a wrong way crash on the Dallas North Tollway.

Yeah, I get around.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: jeh7mmmag] #8082794 12/09/20 08:49 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by jeh7mmmag

Data link

hmmmmm, so California is allegedly overrun with covid out of control, you'd think this chart would show the hospitals being dang near full...........

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8082811 12/09/20 09:05 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
/rant on

This pandemic, Trumps presidency and the resultant continuum of manufactured crisii, the election, and pretty much all MSM news coverage in general, has caused me to come to the conclusion that the whole world has lost its effin mind. It's mind boggling how MSM cherry picks what they think is important and ignore whats really important. It's a manufactured, synthetic reality. Kinda like The Matrix, except I'm conscious.

Funny thing, when you don't watch tv for years and find yourself sitting in front of one at the Dr's office and paying attention to it, particularly the news, the result is almost terrifying because it's NOT a caricature of absurdity, it's not TRYING to be over-the-top like Hunger Games, it is over-the-top and meant to be taken seriously. I don't know how they can pull it off with a straight face.

The downside to avoiding contemporary culture is when the situation arises where you're staring it in the face, it's wierd as fk.

......the thing about covid, is it can be deadly. But so is life. Everything in life poses risk.

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8082812 12/09/20 09:06 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by jeh7mmmag

Data link

hmmmmm, so California is allegedly overrun with covid out of control, you'd think this chart would show the hospitals being dang near full...........

Yes if only our politicians were as smart as those California politicians then Texas would be covered free right.

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: aerangis] #8082813 12/09/20 09:07 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline OP
giddyup
OP Offline
giddyup
F
Do you wear a mask arranges ?

Last edited by takewhatyoucan64; 12/09/20 09:08 PM.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: aerangis] #8082877 12/09/20 09:54 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by aerangis
/rant on

This pandemic, Trumps presidency and the resultant continuum of manufactured crisii, the election, and pretty much all MSM news coverage in general, has caused me to come to the conclusion that the whole world has lost its effin mind. It's mind boggling how MSM cherry picks what they think is important and ignore whats really important. It's a manufactured, synthetic reality. Kinda like The Matrix, except I'm conscious.

Funny thing, when you don't watch tv for years and find yourself sitting in front of one at the Dr's office and paying attention to it, particularly the news, the result is almost terrifying because it's NOT a caricature of absurdity, it's not TRYING to be over-the-top like Hunger Games, it is over-the-top and meant to be taken seriously. I don't know how they can pull it off with a straight face.

The downside to avoiding contemporary culture is when the situation arises where you're staring it in the face, it's wierd as fk.

......the thing about covid, is it can be deadly. But so is life. Everything in life poses risk.

My father always warned me that television was more powerful than any nuclear weapon because with it, you can control how people think.
That was fifty years ago.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: reeltexan] #8082881 12/09/20 09:56 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline OP
giddyup
OP Offline
giddyup
F
The unibomber was right

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: reeltexan] #8082922 12/09/20 10:26 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by reeltexan
/rant on

My father always warned me that television was more powerful than any nuclear weapon because with it, you can control how people think.

Scary and it’s 100% true.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: Bullfrog] #8083080 12/10/20 12:16 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by reeltexan
/rant on

This pandemic, Trumps presidency and the resultant continuum of manufactured crisii, the election, and pretty much all MSM news coverage in general, has caused me to come to the conclusion that the whole world has lost its effin mind. It's mind boggling how MSM cherry picks what they think is important and ignore whats really important. It's a manufactured, synthetic reality. Kinda like The Matrix, except I'm conscious. it wasnt called the great awakening for nothing

Scary and it’s 100% true.
funny thing is up to 3 months ago its all been conspiracy theory. Heck its all been conspiracy theory for the last 12 yrs ive been here.
roflmao
Whtas going on now is forcing the masses to wake up from their stupor. "They" have had everyone living in their matrix for many many years, since the beginning of television and hollywood. Its all been a lie. They wont have to put anyone in prison because there will come a time when the bad actors will not be able to walk down the street. Alot of those in the media , politicians ,you've been taught to love are pure evil
and it gets a lot worse, what did they say "those who know cant sleep"......

[Linked Image]
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8083578 12/10/20 01:31 PM
J
John175 ® Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
After I get the shot why should I continue be forced to wear a mask?

Yeah, I get around.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8083596 12/10/20 01:43 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Saw a girl at the gas station yesterday that was wearing a tshirt with "Obey no one" in huge letters on it. She was wearing a mask. rofl

I swear the news used to cover a lot more WORLD news years ago. It's a big world and lots of things go on in it every day, but we now only get the little bubble they want you to obsess about.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: Creekrunner] #8083601 12/10/20 01:49 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
'Saw a girl at the gas station yesterday that was wearing a tshirt with "Obey no one" in huge letters on it. She was wearing a mask. rofl

I swear the news used to cover a lot more WORLD news years ago. It's a big world and lots of things go on in it every day, but we now only get the little bubble they want you to obsess about.

I saw someone wearing a mask that said freedom. scratch

Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: fadetoblack64] #8083733 12/10/20 03:34 PM
J
John175 ® Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
[Linked Image]

Yeah, I get around.
Re: Hospitals OVERWHELMED [Re: John175 ®] #8083941 12/10/20 06:15 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by John175 �
After I get the shot why should I continue be forced to wear a mask?

Their words, not mine. "You can still carry the virus and transfer it even though your are immune."

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide