Bill Gates will be wrong #7976409 09/16/20 05:22 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M
We will see how this ages...

I want to be one of the first to say Bill Gates’s funded IHME covid death estimates will be off by 100k and maybe even approaching 150k over estimated, by January 1st if no further changes in covid death accounting take place.

Key Model Predicts More Than 410,000 Coronavirus Deaths in the U.S. by January

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...pH0sGpZ9k7UJrFV_lx-Tm_bgLelUnb9G3f8M47Eg

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976419 09/16/20 05:28 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
We are approaching 200K now, and with flu season coming, watch out. Not saying you are wrong, just saying it could get interesting.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976420 09/16/20 05:29 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
We are approaching 200K now, and with flu season coming, watch out. Not saying you are wrong, just saying it could get interesting.

If they start counting flu deaths as covid deaths then the accounting would have changed. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that were to occur.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976423 09/16/20 05:32 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
200k out of 330 million.

About the same amount of people that die each year from minor infections

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976428 09/16/20 05:36 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Longest 2 weeks of my life.
When states start shutting down and reopening, shutting down and reopening you will keep getting outbreaks of infections.
Open up, let it go through.

But that's what the establishment wants. Bring the economy down.

Last edited by TCM3; 09/16/20 05:39 PM.

(R-TX)
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976434 09/16/20 05:41 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Do you believe all those counted are truly caused by Covid?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976439 09/16/20 05:44 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by mattyg06

If they start counting flu deaths as covid deaths then the accounting would have changed. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that were to occur.

Thats not what I was getting at. The point is, we don't know the long term effects of covid infection, symptomatic or not. If there is underlying lung disease that is subclinical in a small percentage, then flu would be devastating to those people. There is a reason flu affects people with bad lungs worse than others, and does covid cause bad lungs? We know in some it does. Thats all I was getting at, nothing about fudged numbers or anything.

At this point it is all a big "WHAT IF?".....maybe covid infection will pass on some immunity to flu this year? Maybe it will make flu infectivity worse. We just don't really know. I am not making any predictions, just saying what I have always said, at this point we don't know.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: txtrophy85] #7976445 09/16/20 05:47 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
200k out of 330 million.

Purely semantics, but if you die from an infection, it isn't so minor....

But your numbers are off some, we are no where near 330 million infected in the US. No where near that. At most, around 25-30 million. Thats a stretch.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976450 09/16/20 05:50 PM
Adchunts Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
200k out of 330 million.

Purely semantics, but if you die from an infection, it isn't so minor....

But your numbers are off some, we are no where near 330 million infected in the US. No where near that. At most, around 25-30 million. Thats a stretch.

330 million is the population of the US. I think Buckeye was referring to deaths versus population.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976456 09/16/20 05:54 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Hindsight is always better. This is like giving a bunch of laymen a bomb and telling them to diffuse it without instructions. Some might get the right combination, others might die. But so far nobody knows exactly what wires need to be disconnected and what the order of disconnect is.

So do we cut the red wire or purple wire? Or is it red and white striped wire? If I built the "bomb" I wouldn't use standard colors, they would all be the same, white, because I bought a spool of 5000 feet back in 1980 something, and still have a pot full. clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976457 09/16/20 05:54 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I made a trip to Walmart this morning. They still required mask but all the doors are now open and the rails were gone. Its a start. Open it back up.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976484 09/16/20 06:08 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
All I know is that there is a big difference between dying with a penny in your pocket vs being killed by a penny. But it seems like anyone dying with a penny in their pocket is being counted as being killed by that penny.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976522 09/16/20 06:21 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Cochise, your analogy is not worth a penny.

You know a bullet by itself doesn't' kill anyone either, but you put that bullet in your body somewhere and it sure as heck can kill someone.

Lets take your penny, put it in a living body, let it do its thing, and if that person dies without any other cause, why wouldn't the penny be listed as the cause of death?

You are acting like a virus on a tissue paper in someone's pocket is all we are dealing with.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Cochise] #7976526 09/16/20 06:21 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Cochise
All I know is that there is a big difference between dying with a penny in your pocket vs being killed by a penny. But it seems like anyone dying with a penny in their pocket is being counted as being killed by that penny.

cheers

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976531 09/16/20 06:23 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

You know a bullet by itself doesn't' kill anyone either, but you put that bullet in your body somewhere and it sure as heck can kill someone.

Lets take your penny, put it in a living body, let it do its thing, and if that person dies without any other cause, why wouldn't the penny be listed as the cause of death?

You are acting like a virus on a tissue paper in someone's pocket is all we are dealing with.

1..2..Nope. Zero. Zero [censored] about your opinion. It's an analogy - not a scientific fact.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Cochise] #7976537 09/16/20 06:26 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

up

Buckeye I'll give him a dime for that analogy. Though I've never seen you write anything I'd give a grain of salt for.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976540 09/16/20 06:27 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

If I have four clogged arteries and I die, was it from the four bacon tacos and honey bum in my gut or a genetic condition of below normal particle size that prone to build up and calcify?

I get what you are getting at but seldom does the virus beat a healthy human.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7976567 09/16/20 06:49 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

If I have four clogged arteries and I die, was it from the four bacon tacos and honey bum in my gut or a genetic condition of below normal particle size that prone to build up and calcify?

BOBO, agree, but it does happen.

But if we have someone die with four clogged arteries, we don't call cause of death the 5 tacos he ate the day before, the messy tissue in his pocket, nor the gum ball stuck in his gut. We call it cardiovascular disease with cardiac arrest due to massive myocardial infarction.

Lets call it what it is, nothing more nothing less. But acting like the virus isn't causing people to die is just plain silly....not directed at you BOBO

The way some people on here talk they think no one dies from the flu, HIV, or any other infectious diseases either, because after all, the cause of death is really something else right?

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: ducknbass] #7976568 09/16/20 06:49 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by ducknbass

up

Buckeye I'll give him a dime for that analogy. Though I've never seen you write anything I'd give a grain of salt for.

There is this thing called an ignore button, if you don't like what I post then just ignore. I could care less.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7976570 09/16/20 06:51 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Well then I couldn't tell you how ignorant you sound!

Last edited by ducknbass; 09/16/20 06:51 PM.
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976589 09/16/20 07:02 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

Lets call it what it is, nothing more nothing less. But acting like the virus isn't causing people to die is just plain silly....not directed at you BOBO

The way some people on here talk they think no one dies from the flu, HIV, or any other infectious diseases either, because after all, the cause of death is really something else right?

I know that's directed at me. I will straight up write you a check for $50,000 - no I will WIRE you the money - if you can show me where I said that this virus hasn't killed anyone and isn't killing anyone. If you can't find that - then you can write me the check The analogy was in reference in how deaths were being tabulated - hence the analogy of dying with vs dying from. But in your infinite wisdom to be smarter than everyone else here - you immediately assume that I'm some total denier of the virus and science. Not once have I ever said the virus isn't real - it is. It's just not the big bad wolf that it's been made out to be.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7976593 09/16/20 07:05 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Hmmm

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Cochise] #7976594 09/16/20 07:05 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I know that's directed at me. I will straight up write you a check for $50,000 - no I will WIRE you the money - if you can show me where I said that this virus hasn't killed anyone and isn't killing anyone. If you can't find that - then you can write me the check The analogy was in reference in how deaths were being tabulated - hence the analogy of dying with vs dying from. But in your infinite wisdom to be smarter than everyone else here - you immediately assume that I'm some total denier of the virus and science. Not once have I ever said the virus isn't real - it is. It's just not the big bad wolf that it's been made out to be.

Those actual numbers we may never know.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Cochise] #7976655 09/16/20 07:46 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I will give you your money back if you can show where I directed that at you....

Maybe that was in reference to the couple of posts in the Bunker about the CDC report claiming 6% of deaths were covid and the rest were other causes. Even having one of the posts where John MacArthur stated the same form the pulpit completely misrepresenting what the CDC data said and creating a fire among very vulnerable people (just so you know I am not referencing christians as a whole here but simply his church family as they have been fighting with the state of CA for a while).

Anyway, I want to cue up a Carly Simon song here...whats it called again...."your so vain, you probably think this post is about you"

cheers

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7976752 09/16/20 08:32 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M

Thats not what I was getting at. The point is, we don't know the long term effects of covid infection, symptomatic or not. If there is underlying lung disease that is subclinical in a small percentage, then flu would be devastating to those people. There is a reason flu affects people with bad lungs worse than others, and does covid cause bad lungs? We know in some it does. Thats all I was getting at, nothing about fudged numbers or anything.

At this point it is all a big "WHAT IF?".....maybe covid infection will pass on some immunity to flu this year? Maybe it will make flu infectivity worse. We just don't really know. I am not making any predictions, just saying what I have always said, at this point we don't know.

I think your point is valid.

In your hypothetical scenario the patient would test negative for covid but positive for the flu. But the previous covid infection compromised the individual enough that the flu killed them, then you may consider this a covid death rather than a flu death.

Sort of similar to Bobos comment about his lifestyle choices leading to cardiovascular disease which compromised the individual enough that covid killed them, then you may consider this a cardiovascular death rather than a covid death.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide