Forums46
Topics538,383
Posts9,736,538
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873227 06/17/20 06:32 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Good thing about Toyota, you can call the company and complain about a dealer and they'll get it fixed.
Toyota doesn't deal with bad dealerships.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873228 06/17/20 06:33 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Chevy burned me out of $500 on a recall that they refused to pay me, a loyal Chevy driver. I decided to remember that on the next purchase.

A friend had his engine BLOW UP in his Chevy with less than 50k on it. Then he went right out and bought ANOTHER Chevy.. bang

The engine in that truck started using oil.....like a quart a week..... realmad

He asked me what he should buy. I told him Tundra. He said he couldn't do that because they're built by asians. (I know)...

I said then go get you a Ford and be happy.

He did and is happy.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873304 06/17/20 07:38 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Ohdangit
Have a chevy 1500. Bought it new last year. Has been in the shop 7 times now - 4 times over the transmission and 3 times over electrical issues and going back again for both this time.
GM is no help, started a case 1 time before and was told they couldn't do nothing for me so now we are trying to start another case and advised them of the lemon law,ect and that we want a buy back. Its not safe to drive , heck it smells like its going to catch on fire like there are electrical wires getting hot. So long story short fighting them again and there is no phone number to an ceo, president or anything above customer help and was told by gm so.
So i call the wonderful Chevy dealer here in weatherford and it seems to me that they dodge all the issues as well.
Cant even get the owner of the place to call me. He has his little wanna be call me and get an attitude over me asking to talk to his boss, the owner. I guess the owner is as big of a chicken turd as GM is.

Never did i see a day i thought I would switch of GM/ chevy trucks but now after this joke of an on going ordeal im done for good
Customer service sucks beyond anything i have experienced, its all overseas and nobody gives 2 s$!&s about the customer.
Wish i could say what I want to but I'd be deleted forever
Good luck to anyone who has to ever fight with this sorry excuse of a company.

The more research i do the more customer service issues i find and with customers having to hire attorneys and such just to get GM to honor their products. What a joke.
Anyone else had these issues ?

have they responded to your attorney letter??

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873313 06/17/20 07:44 PM
Ohdangit Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Haven't heard anything on the case yet. According to them it may take a few days and I've read where it's taken months to resolve anything with GM which i dont doubt at all

I'm just a pebble in the belly of the devil
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873380 06/17/20 08:43 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Have you tried reaching them through Twitter? Seriously. I'd tweet something and tag them in it....just be careful. You don't want to get sued....

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873381 06/17/20 08:44 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Got it the workings on the lemon law and with dealer as well. Just cant believe the b.s. from gm and the headache

On another note...any good/bad things about f250's. It would probably be the next plunge we take

Death wobble, brother has 2017 and did it twice. He contacted dealer and was told they weren't aware of a problem. A couple months ago he got a letter from Ford telling him to bring it in. He bought it new in Dec of 17 so its been less than 2 yrs running.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: LoneStarSon] #7873382 06/17/20 08:45 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Have you tried reaching them through Twitter? Seriously. I'd tweet something and tag them in it....just be careful. You don't want to get sued....

Companies don't like being called out on social media, seems like they will take those complaints more serious these days.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873383 06/17/20 08:45 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Mary Barra is the CEO of GM. Her twitter handle is @mtbarra

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: fmrmbmlm] #7873386 06/17/20 08:46 PM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm
Got it the workings on the lemon law and with dealer as well. Just cant believe the b.s. from gm and the headache

On another note...any good/bad things about f250's. It would probably be the next plunge we take

Wait for the AC issues.

Death wobble, brother has 2017 and did it twice. He contacted dealer and was told they weren't aware of a problem. A couple months ago he got a letter from Ford telling him to bring it in. He bought it new in Dec of 17 so its been less than 2 yrs running.

I got the same letter and have a 2017 KR,with 62,000 miles Extends the wobble warranty to 100,000 miles IF you get one, no wobble here. Not as common as you hear.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873394 06/17/20 08:55 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Have you tried GM corporate warranty/lemon law phone # and email?
---> GM Warranty, repair & Lemon Law help

You need to start the lemon law process, paying a lawyer to do the basics is lengthening the process and throwing $$$ away.

The consumer ( you, the vehicle owner) files a Lemon Law complaint, with the Tx DMV and pays the $35 filing fee then provide notice of the complaint with a last opportunity to repair the defect(s) to the applicable manufacturer.
After you file & have confirmation everything is in order, then you inform the manufacturer and the dealer, sometimes send a copy of the complaint to corporate and give them one last opportunity to fix the issue(s).
Until you take the steps in the right order all you're doing is spending unnecessary time & money, lawyers are happy to take it.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873467 06/17/20 09:56 PM
R
Red D Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873485 06/17/20 10:04 PM
Ohdangit Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
We are going to give em heck for sure at all angle. I do appreciate the ideas and info for sure.

I'm just a pebble in the belly of the devil
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: DocHorton] #7873489 06/17/20 10:07 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Probably got a truck built on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning. roflmao You may laugh, but studies have shown vehicles built at those two times have more problems because of the autoworkers.

I have owned 7 GM trucks/SUV's since 1998....never a single problem with any of them. Seriously, I've never even had so much as a flat tire, not one shop visit.

My Dad just got a new Navigator for free because the first one kept having issues and Ford couldn't fix it. All brands have issues, it's just luck of the draw.

"Studies have shown"? What studies? There is no way to tell what day a vehicle was built on. Old Wives tale....Buy a Toyota. No regrets.

Last edited by Erathkid; 06/17/20 10:08 PM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: KWood_TSU] #7873500 06/17/20 10:14 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Good thing about Toyota, you can call the company and complain about a dealer and they'll get it fixed.
Toyota doesn't deal with bad dealerships.

I hope you're right. I gotta '15 Tundra throwing codes and missing. I took it to an independent shop. They printed out the codes, told me it was under a "campaign" for a fuel pump and said I should take it to a dealership and get it fixed for free. Against my better judgement, I took it to Toyota of Boerne. I knew it was a problem when I saw the codes had been cleared out. The service writer kid told me, twice, how busy they were, said it wasn't covered under a campaign, and, that they may not be able to do anything since there aren't any codes. They drove it, twice supposedly, and couldn't make it miss...supposedly. When I picked it up, there was a card signed by some kid, that said it had been washed and vacuumed. (It hadn't.) And, the glovebox had been rifled through, stuff left all over the seat and the owner's manual was up on the dash. 'Glad I'd taken everything else out of the cab. Code came back on hauling feed to the ranch. It's at Red McCombs Toyota now. 'Thinking of trading the sumbitch in, but, with this thread, what in the hell am I supposed to do? I need a 3/4 ton anyway. Y'all have even made me think about that dam thing with the stupid-arse "RAM!!" on the front of it. I'm having a hard time reconciling me driving one of those along with all the complete feminine-wash bags that drive them. (With the mirrors. grin) bolt

I forgot to mention - 'folks have been waiting for a fuel pump since January. realmad Supply chain reliability is everything. Thank you Covid.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873514 06/17/20 10:25 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Don’t get that goat, CR. Just don’t.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873534 06/17/20 10:52 PM
O
Old Shakie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
My Tundra has been perfect for 13 years. 140K miles pulling lots of heavy loads. I had two Dodges before and they both came down with bad trannies. Fords do look pretty good though. I have owned GM and never had much luck.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873537 06/17/20 10:56 PM
N
NDN98 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I was a longtime Chevy/GMC guy. Bought a Ford F150 in 2013 and will not got back to a Chevy.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873542 06/17/20 11:00 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Have a chevy 1500. Bought it new last year. Has been in the shop 7 times now - 4 times over the transmission and 3 times over electrical issues and going back again for both this time.
GM is no help, started a case 1 time before and was told they couldn't do nothing for me so now we are trying to start another case and advised them of the lemon law,ect and that we want a buy back. Its not safe to drive , heck it smells like its going to catch on fire like there are electrical wires getting hot. So long story short fighting them again and there is no phone number to an ceo, president or anything above customer help and was told by gm so.
So i call the wonderful Chevy dealer here in weatherford and it seems to me that they dodge all the issues as well.
Cant even get the owner of the place to call me. He has his little wanna be call me and get an attitude over me asking to talk to his boss, the owner. I guess the owner is as big of a chicken turd as GM is.

Never did i see a day i thought I would switch of GM/ chevy trucks but now after this joke of an on going ordeal im done for good
Customer service sucks beyond anything i have experienced, its all overseas and nobody gives 2 s$!&s about the customer.
Wish i could say what I want to but I'd be deleted forever
Good luck to anyone who has to ever fight with this sorry excuse of a company.

The more research i do the more customer service issues i find and with customers having to hire attorneys and such just to get GM to honor their products. What a joke.
Anyone else had these issues ?

I purchased my last GM automobile in 1984, A Delta 88 Brougham. Burn me once but never twice.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873601 06/17/20 11:43 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
All joking aside...i called Ford to see how they handle similar issues and i was shocked by the courtesy i received and the answers i could get. Heck i even was told if i wanted to talk to higjer management he could put me through to them. Gm has lost all the marbles for sure

Your kidding right? They all have problems and promise you the world when taking your money and pizz down your back and tell you it’s raining when they already have you on the hook. Lemon law it and buy what fits your needs. By no means is gm all alone on this. The others have people just like you pissed and going nowhere and always have.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: redchevy] #7873630 06/18/20 12:34 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by redchevy
All joking aside...i called Ford to see how they handle similar issues and i was shocked by the courtesy i received and the answers i could get. Heck i even was told if i wanted to talk to higjer management he could put me through to them. Gm has lost all the marbles for sure

Your kidding right? They all have problems and promise you the world when taking your money and pizz down your back and tell you it’s raining when they already have you on the hook. Lemon law it and buy what fits your needs. By no means is gm all alone on this. The others have people just like you pissed and going nowhere and always have.

That is correct, however, it’s a game of percentages. Roll the dice as you’d like. I put my money where the odds are best. It sure as hell ain’t GM or Dodge. The numbers to back that up are all over if a person cares to know the truth.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873726 06/18/20 02:11 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I went all Toyota 3-4 years ago

Tundra and 4Runner and don’t plan to change.

I’ve had too many issues out of GM and Dodge

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: GusWayne] #7873742 06/18/20 02:21 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by procraft05

Have only had Toyota/ Lexus since 1995

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: Ohdangit] #7873745 06/18/20 02:23 AM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Guess vehicles is about the only place I’d consider myself lucky. I’ve owned most of the major brands and had great service out of all of them. Zero drive train failures so far and I’ve got a cursed ram ecodiesel about to turn 90,000 miles.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7873821 06/18/20 03:45 AM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

fantastic truck. built like a tank.

Love mine, 6.2 gasser, except the front end was totally replaced at 26,000 miles under warranty. Ford's " Death Wobble".
Got 70,000 on it now and starting to feel squirrely again. Got a recall in the mail for a steering dampener the other day.

Re: Wow. Gmc is beyond horrible. Anyone else have issues with gm [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7873877 06/18/20 10:53 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Offline
THF Whiskey Sommelier
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by procraft05

Have only had Toyota/ Lexus since 1995

Pretty sure you left out Jeep

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide