Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Contagious or Not #7814140 04/21/20 06:22 PM
Cast Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I’ve always heard that if you’re sick but have no fever, you’re not contagious. Now I’m hearing that the Covid patients without symptoms are contagious.

I’m real tired of moving goalposts.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814148 04/21/20 06:28 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Cast
I’ve always heard that if you’re sick but have no fever, you’re not contagious. Now I’m hearing that the Covid patients without symptoms are contagious.

We've always been told if you HAVE a fever you are contagious, never or shouldn't have been if you don't have a fever you're not. The only reason we're told if we have a fever we are contagious is because this is an actual symptom/test that we can see on our own without seeing a doctor. With most contagious illnesses you can be, and typically are, contagious without a fever.

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814178 04/21/20 06:52 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Like some one else here said , mask do no good. Now, mask are mandatory or your neighbor will call the police on you. FUDGE!!!! Talk about the land of idiots.

[Linked Image]
Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814190 04/21/20 06:58 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Theres a lot of "wive's tales" out there, and the OP stated one big one. I was never taught nor did I ever tell anyone that if they never had a fever they weren't contagious.

What I would tell people is IF they were sick with something and had a fever or other symptoms, by the time the fever or other symptoms subsided they should not be as contagious. This is because their body fought it and the lack of fever or other symptoms indicates the body is essentially done fighting the sickness so there shouldn't be much left to infect others.

One thing to remember, fever, cough, sneezes, runny nose, those are all just signs the body is fighting something. Could be allergens, illness, chemicals, etc. Symptoms do not make a disease.

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Tin Head] #7814205 04/21/20 07:08 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Like some one else here said , mask do no good. Now, mask are mandatory or your neighbor will call the police on you. FUDGE!!!! Talk about the land of idiots.

A mask with less filtration of .3 is useless in preventing a healthy person from catching Covid. An infected person with any mask helps spreading the disease through droplet transmission. Since asymptomatic persons can still spread Covid it is suggested everyone wear a mask.

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814272 04/21/20 08:04 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Think about a cold... I've never had a fever with the common cold, but it goes through the house once one person gets it

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Chopped54] #7814291 04/21/20 08:26 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Chopped54

A mask with less filtration of .3 is useless in preventing a healthy person from catching Covid. An infected person with any mask helps spreading the disease through droplet transmission. Since asymptomatic persons can still spread Covid it is suggested everyone wear a mask.

One other benefit to wearing a mask is it keeps you from touching your nose and mouth. I have to wear one all day at work anyway, so keeping it on when I go to HEB this evening won't be a problem or even an inconvenience for me. And no, I don't wear it driving or when I'm at home.

I do have to hit the feed store on Friday for a ton of deer protein and some corn. I'll probably get some sideways looks from those guys.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814304 04/21/20 08:39 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
What makes you think that? grin

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814307 04/21/20 08:43 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"I do have to hit the feed store on Friday for a ton of deer protein and some corn. I'll probably get some sideways looks from those guys."

You can't even get in to Dilley Feed without one. Luckily, I had me a bandana in my pocket.

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814357 04/21/20 09:25 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

Where have you been?

Its been the guidelines and been talked about for close a month that asymptomatic COVID carriers are still contagious. Beginning of March, they (researchers, CDC) didn't realize asympomatic people were contagious. By the middle to end of March, they knew they were.

Simple google search shows an article on March 26th in Discover magazine talking about it, with most talk the first week of April in science magazines, NPR, and other reports. (I was trying to get a reference on when it was first talked about).

Fox even had interviews about it first week of April because Georgia governor made a blunder saying he didn't know it was contagious if not showing symptoms but stopped talking about it again until recently it appears, where some other sources continued reporting it about every week.

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814362 04/21/20 09:27 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Its call asymptotic.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814365 04/21/20 09:32 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Anybody hear anything on getting antibody tests?

I think I had that krap in January.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Cast] #7814420 04/21/20 10:33 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

I’m real tired of moving goalposts Confusing sayings for facts.

fixd for you

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: Chopped54] #7814471 04/21/20 11:16 PM
W
wiredog Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W

suggested key word

Re: Contagious or Not [Re: wiredog] #7814489 04/21/20 11:29 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by wiredog

suggested key word

I think the powers to be took a page out of the Japanese playbook, from what I gather they almost all wear masks, and have for years when a flu starts to spread. During this crap, Japan did a "soft" shut down, not like ours, Their cases based on population percentage wise are less than ours.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide