Forums46
Topics538,326
Posts9,735,830
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796912 04/06/20 12:31 AM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
How many people that had the flu shot got the flue?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: redchevy] #7796918 04/06/20 12:35 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by redchevy

I never did after I started with the shots. Why take the chance even if its 50/50? I wouldn't do Runnian roulette at those odds.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Jimbo1] #7796936 04/06/20 12:44 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Good old days indeed. Remember the yellow shot records?

My mother gave me my shot records a few years ago. They were from the ‘60’s

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: 68rustbucket] #7796939 04/06/20 12:46 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Good old days indeed. Remember the yellow shot records?

My mother gave me my shot records a few years ago. They were from the ‘60’s

I also have mine, actually several of them..Every time we went overseas, it included a round of shots for all kinds of crap.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: redchevy] #7796957 04/06/20 01:01 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

My wife and I did.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7797021 04/06/20 01:38 AM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
The subject of vaccines is a far more complex issue than most people realize. Folks think they know all about it because the CDC said so.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Marc K] #7797050 04/06/20 02:07 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Marc K
The subject of vaccines is a far more complex issue than most people realize. Folks think they know all about it because the CDC said so.

Yep. Like so many things in life, you have one side or the other. Both think the other side is full of complete idiots.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: redchevy] #7797170 04/06/20 04:33 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

All 4 of my kids have had flu shots and still got the flu in the previous couple years. I haven't had a flu shot in years and haven't gotten it but once....even when multiple family members have had it and I love on my kids every day. I've even had some of my kids get the flu twice in one season with the flu shot. If you have a weak immune system, are elderly, are a young kid, or are generally unhealthy then it's probably worth it because it MAY lessen the symptoms or MAY keep you from dying and the risks are minimal. I believe in most vaccines, but the flu shot doesn't work in the majority of cases. In the past 15 years the flu vaccine has had effectiveness of between 10-60%.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7797173 04/06/20 04:39 AM
E
EmergencyDoc Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
E
Marc and Sneaky nailed it, been trying not to respond. Bottom line- it is up to you to research this topic and inform yourself to make an educated judgement instead of just going along with what the CDC or WHO have to say. Their track record as of late with the Coronavirus shows that 1) they have alternative motives for their recommendations and 2) seem completely incompetent

Not saying vaccines don’t work or are not needed, just that people need to inform themselves and not throw stones to the other side when the ones throwing stones may not be educated on the subject

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: EmergencyDoc] #7798286 04/07/20 04:46 AM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by EmergencyDoc
Marc and Sneaky nailed it, been trying not to respond. Bottom line- it is up to you to research this topic and inform yourself to make an educated judgement instead of just going along with what the CDC or WHO have to say. Their track record as of late with the Coronavirus shows that 1) they have alternative motives for their recommendations and 2) seem completely incompetent

Not saying vaccines don’t work or are not needed, just that people need to inform themselves and not throw stones to the other side when the ones throwing stones may not be educated on the subject

I dunno. I think the fact that no new cases of polio, mumps, measles, etc in people that have been vaccinated And have basically disappeared in the US is pretty strong evidence that they work. And other common vaccines, like tetanus, are shown to reduce almost risk of contracting it.

Yea, people may have less faith in the CDC currently because they are waffling in their recommendations. I have less faith in them too with their recommendations in handling the current situation. But it is a new virus, and so no set recommendations are in place. also, when their leader is contradicting what they say, firing anyone that contradicts him, I’m not all that surprised that their recommendations are soft.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7798295 04/07/20 05:20 AM
E
EmergencyDoc Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
E
I agree duck buster- the argument with vaccines is not if they work or not as it is clear that they do work as a whole. The argument lies in the vaccine constituents and their possible health related risks.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7798312 04/07/20 06:02 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
People want a 100% guarantee, that won't happen. That comes with living, you are guaranteed to die.

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Duck Buster] #7798318 04/07/20 06:09 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Duck Buster
Originally Posted by EmergencyDoc

I dunno. I think the fact that no new cases of polio, mumps, measles, etc in people that have been vaccinated And have basically disappeared in the US is pretty strong evidence that they work. And other common vaccines, like tetanus, are shown to reduce almost risk of contracting it.

Yea, people may have less faith in the CDC currently because they are waffling in their recommendations. I have less faith in them too with their recommendations in handling the current situation. But it is a new virus, and so no set recommendations are in place. also, when their leader is contradicting what they say, firing anyone that contradicts him, I’m not all that surprised that their recommendations are soft.

Apples and Oranges. It is not as simple and straight forward as you might be thinking. The flu viruses are a different beast from the ones you referenced above.
There are 4 main types of the flu virus and there are many many subtypes. The CDC makes their best guess as to which ones might be prevalent in a given season. Also the vaccines only provide short lived antibodies so it is necessary to get a shot every year. Some of the other vaccines, for very specific viruses, can give many years and sometimes life time protection. That is just not the case with influenza.
Because the flu viruses are constantly changing, the vaccines you typically get are of a low potency. There are other flu vaccines that you can get but also have more risk of side effects.
Do a little research. This is a good read on the flu viruses.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/types.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/keyfacts.htm

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7798356 04/07/20 12:08 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Lets put this in perspective.
We have a "vaccine" for the flu and yet up to 650,000 people die from it every year. That is 650,000 according to the CDC.
And yet we have no vaccine for Covid and what is the total...75,000 ish
Just ponder that....we shut down the world economy and the lives of virtually every person has been affected by something that has a fraction of the losses that a normal flu season takes. The blind leading the blind off a cliff.
Disgusting overreach of power based on fear. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy. It starts in the mind folks.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7798408 04/07/20 01:11 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
We have a "vaccine" for the flu and yet up to 650,000 people die from it every year. That is 650,000 according to the CDC.
Just ponder that....we shut down the world economy and the lives of virtually every person has been affected by something that has a fraction of the losses that a normal flu season takes. The blind leading the blind off a cliff.
Disgusting overreach of power based on fear. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy. It starts in the mind folks.

One too many zeros in you number. 65k is more like the number.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: S.A. hunter] #7798414 04/07/20 01:21 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

He is correct in the numbers.
He is talking globally.
https://www.who.int/news-room/detai...iseases-linked-to-seasonal-flu-each-year

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7798417 04/07/20 01:23 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Mike W] #7798422 04/07/20 01:30 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: pegasaurus] #7798446 04/07/20 01:48 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

He is talking globally.

My bad!

Heres the thing, when this thing first came out no one knew what the mortality rate was, I heard numbers like five or six percent. This would of been devastating.

I am in the camp of let's open thing up, and get back to work. That being said, we didn't know what covid was capable of two months ago. The virus isn't normal in a lot of ways. It is pretty contagious. I've heard it has an RO of 6, while the flush RO is in the 1-2 range. The incubation period is anywhere from 1-3 weeks, compared to the flu which is 2 days. Like I said earlier the mortality rate was thought to be 5-6% where is the flu is .1%. I think covids real mortality rate is more like .3%. Also there is a flu vaccine, where as covid doesn't have one. One big reason to shut things down is the overwhelming burden that we put on the health care system. When you have 325 million lives in your hand it probably best to err on the side of caution. I think we will have learned from this, be better prepared, and there wont be a next time like this this time.

There are a lot of reason to have shut things down, but as we have learned more about the virus. I think it's fair to say let's open this thing up.

Also dont forget there are 12k deaths from covid in the United States, and the first case was detected on January 21, and is far from being done. On the other hand the flu season started in October. Could you imagine what the numbers would be like if both viruses would of started in October......

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 04/07/20 01:59 PM.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: pegasaurus] #7798469 04/07/20 02:04 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

How trusted is that source? I would think it would be too soon to know any concrete.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7798601 04/07/20 03:21 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
This is the report I received today about a guy that survived 1968 Tet Offensive, Ashau Valley, The Fish Hook, and numerous other major battles. He was one of my machine gunners.
Dad is responding to the ventilator and his breathing is improving but he has other issues going on with blood pressure levels, kidney and elevated heart rate. Doc said the virus can also attack the heart. They have him on some new meds and are giving him more Zithromax. He’s also running a fever today. 102. So his breathing is improving but the virus is attacking other areas in his body. We just have to keep praying and take it day by day. Keeping the faith

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: dogcatcher] #7798604 04/07/20 03:26 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
This is the report I received today about a guy that survived 1968 Tet Offensive, Ashau Valley, The Fish Hook, and numerous other major battles. He was one of my machine gunners.
Dad is responding to the ventilator and his breathing is improving but he has other issues going on with blood pressure levels, kidney and elevated heart rate. Doc said the virus can also attack the heart. They have him on some new meds and are giving him more Zithromax. He’s also running a fever today. 102. So his breathing is improving but the virus is attacking other areas in his body. We just have to keep praying and take it day by day. Keeping the faith

You should be a good friend and recommend Hydroxychloroquine. The virus isn't attacking the organs, it's a lack of O2 in the blood which causes the organs to shut down.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: pegasaurus] #7798620 04/07/20 03:41 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

He is talking globally.

Wonder if that includes complications due to the flu shot also, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: S.A. hunter] #7798621 04/07/20 03:44 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

How trusted is that source? I would think it would be too soon to know any concrete.

likely more trusted then anything else you have,

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7798636 04/07/20 03:52 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Always consider the source.

Seems like that story might be recycled from an article from back in October, nonspecific to covid 19.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 04/07/20 03:58 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide