Forums46
Topics538,324
Posts9,735,809
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Duck Buster] #7796364 04/05/20 03:41 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck Buster
I hear a lot of me, me, me, with very little regard for others. And it’s a little sad how selfish our society has become.

By getting vaccinations, or flu shots-it’s not just about you. Yes, you get immunity and protected by getting shots and vaccines regardless of their efficacy, but it’s also to curb the likelihood those that can’t get vaccines or are immune compromised that you come in contact with have a lower probability of contracting it from you.

I thought the same way that I didn’t need the flu shot, until I had a child. . I haven’t missed an annual flu shot since the year before he was born- because of me being protected helps protect him- darn right I’m doing it. And now I work with an immunocompromised person that cant get them- but if me getting a free shot helps protect them, why not do it? Plus there’s an additional probability I won’t get the flu, I’ll take it.

For the same reasons, when they come out with a covid19 vaccination, myself and my family will get it as an annual shot.

Worth repeating. Parents posted similar replies on the quitting tobacco thread.
cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Duck Buster] #7796367 04/05/20 03:46 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I hear a lot of me, me, me, with very little regard for others. And it’s a little sad how selfish our society has become.

By getting vaccinations, or flu shots-it’s not just about you. Yes, you get immunity and protected by getting shots and vaccines regardless of their efficacy, but it’s also to curb the likelihood those that can’t get vaccines or are immune compromised that you come in contact with have a lower probability of contracting it from you.

I thought the same way that I didn’t need the flu shot, until I had a child. . I haven’t missed an annual flu shot since the year before he was born- because of me being protected helps protect him- darn right I’m doing it. And now I work with an immunocompromised person that cant get them- but if me getting a free shot helps protect them, why not do it? Plus there’s an additional probability I won’t get the flu, I’ll take it.

For the same reasons, when they come out with a covid19 vaccination, myself and my family will get it as an annual shot.

Your house, your rules, but your rules dont work in my house. My house, my choice. up

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 04/05/20 03:47 PM.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: S.A. hunter] #7796370 04/05/20 03:50 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Your house, your rules, but your rules dont work in my house. My house, my choice. up

That's all fine until you send your kid to a public school.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7796373 04/05/20 03:51 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

That's all fine until you send your kid to a public school.

Use religion as an excuse. Works every time.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 04/05/20 03:51 PM.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796379 04/05/20 04:01 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Rights have responsibilities. Your right to swing your arms freely ends at my body. You do not have the right to choose something that impacts my life. Same as with drinking and driving, same as with most rights. We love the idea of rights, we ignore the responsibilities.

Proverbs 2
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: S.A. hunter] #7796394 04/05/20 04:14 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

And that’s where our thoughts differ. You consider them rules, and that those rules only affect your house. I respectfully disagree with that premise.

I consider it basic human decency to look out for friends and family, and extend it to those I don’t know. Because I know my actions and choices don't only affect me and those that live under my roof. Vaccines and shot included in that.

But your choice is what it is, for whatever reasons. All choices have consequences, many of which we will never know.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Duck Buster] #7796399 04/05/20 04:19 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

Well said.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Duck Buster] #7796407 04/05/20 04:25 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

And that’s where our thoughts differ. You consider them rules, and that those rules only affect your house. I respectfully disagree with that premise.

I consider it basic human decency to look out for friends and family, and extend it to those I don’t know. Because I know my actions and choices don't only affect me and those that live under my roof. Vaccines and shot included in that.

But your choice is what it is, for whatever reasons. All choices have consequences, many of which we will never know.

So, if your whole family is vaccinated, but I choose not to vaccinate mine. How does my decision affect your vaccinated family?

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Sniper.270] #7796410 04/05/20 04:28 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Rights have responsibilities. Your right to swing your arms freely ends at my body. You do not have the right to choose something that impacts my life. Same as with drinking and driving, same as with most rights. We love the idea of rights, we ignore the responsibilities.

My right to swing my arms doesn’t stop at your body but it does come with consequences.

It is about consequences. Everyone has to weigh the consequences of their actions with their personal risk tolerance.
And by the way... That is how our society works.

Let’s use your DUI analogy.
First DUI is a slap on the wrist second, third, forth...... the law has graduated penalties based on the amount of risk that society will tolerate.

Look at guns. Most of society feels owning and driving a car is more important that owning a gun. However, facts show you are more likely to be injured in a car accident that by a gun. So... guns are being restricted and outlawed, even though there is a Constitutional Right to own a gun. But there is no such Right to drive or even have a drivers license.
That means societal risk tolerance is high for cars but low for guns.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796420 04/05/20 04:33 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I remember when I was in elementary school in the late 60's, they lined us up in the cafeteria and branded us with one of these. Left a dime size scar on your arm. Not sure when they stopped.

[Linked Image]

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: ndhunter] #7796430 04/05/20 04:38 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ndhunter
I remember when I was in elementary school in the late 60's, they lined us up in the cafeteria and branded us with one of these. Left a dime size scar on your arm. Not sure when they stopped.

[Linked Image]

That would be small pox. Look it up.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: bill oxner] #7796434 04/05/20 04:39 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by bill oxner

[Linked Image]

Looks like Buck Roger's side arm

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 04/05/20 04:55 PM.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: bill oxner] #7796439 04/05/20 04:42 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

[Linked Image]

Don’t need to look it up. I can just look at my left shoulder.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: S.A. hunter] #7796471 04/05/20 05:14 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

[Linked Image]

Reminded me of Star Trek at the time.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: ndhunter] #7796479 04/05/20 05:21 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]

Reminded me of Star Trek at the time.

That was back in the good old days when you had to have your vaccinations in order to go to a public school

[Linked Image]

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796486 04/05/20 05:27 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Good old days indeed. Remember the yellow shot records?

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Jimbo1] #7796488 04/05/20 05:30 PM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Yep.... my father was Air Force.. So we moved a lot...….
Every new school... Had to have that yellow card with my school records.....

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796502 04/05/20 05:49 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Only Fools ignore fact, I have friends and relatives who don't believe in vaccinations, shame on them.

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796519 04/05/20 06:13 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
i have a child with autism. he didn't get it from vaccines.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Jimbo1] #7796528 04/05/20 06:23 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Still have mine. They are the shot records accepted internationally. I actually just had everything transcribed to a new one as the old was full.
Also found out that they now classify the Yellow Fever shot a lifetime immunization if your records are original and have the lot number included. up

Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: Jimbo] #7796665 04/05/20 08:39 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Originally Posted by Marc K
I assume that Bill was simply referring to a time before there were polio vaccinations (pre-1962 or 1963) so he saw some of the fallout at school.

I grew up in the 50's and polio was pretty scary back in the day.
I remember getting lined up at school to get vaccinated.
My dad took us to the Stock Show and Rodeo, and I was about 9, and there was a kid in an Iron Lung on one of the displays, and you could hear the machine pumping the air, and I was terrified just walking next to that huge piece of machinery.
There was a swimming hole we could no longer go swim in because several kids had come down with polio who visited that area.
The display at the Rodeo was to raise money for research and a cure.
Also remember all the stores had a cardboard poster on the counter with a picture of a kid with crutches with a jar for placing donations.
Polio killed as well as crippled kids and young adults, and it was something all young couples trying to raise a family had to come to grips with.

I remember the same. I also had a great uncle and his daughter that was stricken with polio.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: pegasaurus] #7796770 04/05/20 10:32 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

My right to swing my arms doesn’t stop at your body but it does come with consequences.

It is about consequences. Everyone has to weigh the consequences of their actions with their personal risk tolerance.
And by the way... That is how our society works.

Let’s use your DUI analogy.
First DUI is a slap on the wrist second, third, forth...... the law has graduated penalties based on the amount of risk that society will tolerate.

Look at guns. Most of society feels owning and driving a car is more important that owning a gun. However, facts show you are more likely to be injured in a car accident that by a gun. So... guns are being restricted and outlawed, even though there is a Constitutional Right to own a gun. But there is no such Right to drive or even have a drivers license.
That means societal risk tolerance is high for cars but low for guns.

The reason there are consequences is because your right does end at my body.

You lost me on the DUI.

Movement, which is one of the founding principles of geography is the reason people see driving/movement so much more important. Since the beginning of time, movement has been critical to life, to improvement, to many things. Guns not so much.

Proverbs 2
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: notamtchance] #7796795 04/05/20 10:42 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I got the flu shot this season back in October along with the first and later second Shingles vaccine. Ended up getting a verified Type B flu that was not covered by the vaccine for this season. But my recovery time was a lot quicker. The severity was less. There’s no data to prove but discussion with my doc prior flu vaccines and strong immune system from travel may have helped.

To be determined
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7796799 04/05/20 10:46 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
I got the flu shot this season back in October along with the first and later second Shingles vaccine. Ended up getting a verified Type B flu that was not covered by the vaccine for this season. But my recovery time was a lot quicker. The severity was less. There’s no data to prove but discussion with my doc prior flu vaccines and strong immune system from travel may have helped.

The Veterans Admin Doctor said the same thing, so did our civilian Doc.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that don't believe in vaccines. [Re: dogcatcher] #7796822 04/05/20 11:06 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

The Veterans Admin Doctor said the same thing, so did our civilian Doc.

And yet there are deniers. I Thani they are afraid of needles.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide