Print Thread
Worldometer #7783747 03/24/20 05:26 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I've been watching this site for three weeks.

Scroll down and look at USA, deaths per 1 million people.

It's two deaths per million, right now.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7783758 03/24/20 05:34 PM
M
mikereiling5 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
2 deaths per 1 million people in the united states or the world?

Re: Worldometer [Re: mikereiling5] #7783759 03/24/20 05:36 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by mikereiling5
2 deaths per 1 million people in the united states or the world?

US

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7783815 03/24/20 06:12 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Yes, and there's an even stronger message in that we're third and growing in the number of cases (active and closed).

This outbreak will surely uncover which country has the best healthcare in the world.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7783837 03/24/20 06:21 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
One of the numbers to consider is recoveries vs. deaths. That's where the real mortality rate is calculated.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: Worldometer [Re: Texas Dan] #7783841 03/24/20 06:25 PM
S
StephenB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Yes, and there's an even stronger message in that we're third and growing in the number of cases (active and closed).

This outbreak will surely uncover which country has the best healthcare in the world.

More like who lies about it the most or doesn't even test for it.

Re: Worldometer [Re: Texas Dan] #7783842 03/24/20 06:26 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H

Look at active case as a % of total population, as well as the US is rapidly deploying testing so we should expect # of actives to increase. Italy is being ravaged.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Worldometer [Re: Halfadozen] #7783869 03/24/20 06:36 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Halfadozen

Look at active case as a % of total population, as well as the US is rapidly deploying testing so we should expect # of actives to increase. Italy is being ravaged.

Yes, we are well into that area where differences in the quality of healthcare becomes more apparent and if it makes a difference in lowering the rate or mortality. I would not be surprised if differences in the quality of healthcare in different parts of the country also becomes apparent.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to pass the sanity check with the projection the virus could kill more than 34,000 (last year's deaths from the flu) when the current death total is 653. The point of the cure being more costly than the virus is growing larger every day if you ask me.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 03/24/20 06:46 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Worldometer [Re: Texas Dan] #7783935 03/24/20 07:47 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
interesting. Thanks for the link.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7783955 03/24/20 08:01 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Italy is a nation of 60 million people, many are elderly.
6800 people have passed there, or 113 out of one million.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7784039 03/24/20 09:28 PM
C
ChrisB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
Sure looks like we are doing a good job of not spreading it in Texas.

Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7784054 03/24/20 09:43 PM
E
elkhunter7x6 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
E
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Those numbers are on par with our typical flue season annual death rate.

Re: Worldometer [Re: elkhunter7x6] #7784056 03/24/20 09:45 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by elkhunter7x6

Aren't the hospitals also choosing who gets help and who gets to go suffer due to their age and health?

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Worldometer [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7784067 03/24/20 09:53 PM
E
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

Aren't the hospitals also choosing who gets help and who gets to go suffer due to their age and health?

It seems that their health care system is overwhelmed and that they are having to make some difficult choices.

Re: Worldometer [Re: Texas Dan] #7784070 03/24/20 09:55 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Halfadozen

Yes, we are well into that area where differences in the quality of healthcare becomes more apparent and if it makes a difference in lowering the rate or mortality. I would not be surprised if differences in the quality of healthcare in different parts of the country also becomes apparent.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to pass the sanity check with the projection the virus could kill more than 34,000 (last year's deaths from the flu) when the current death total is 653. The point of the cure being more costly than the virus is growing larger every day if you ask me.

But did those 34000 occur in a 1 or 2 month period, or a 12 month period? And did the flu cases inundate the hospitals so that regular patients couldn't be seen and die due to lack of care? And we are at the beginning of the exponential curve still in the country...it hasn't hit us hard yet according to the US Surgeon General: "This week is going to get bad".

Additionally, I don't think the death rate for coronavirus will be able to be able to be tallied effectively due to the deaths that ultimately occur from something else, but was not treated/able to get the proper care because care couldn't be given if this thing doesn't slow down. Because Coronavirus may not have been the exact cause of a death, but it was an underlying factor. And I think that is something we should take into account when discussing the cost of the coronavirus. HYPOTHETICALLY: Why should someone die of a broken arm that gets infected because they couldn't get seen because the hospital was overloaded with coronavirus cases because we were all eager to get out of our houses. That person wont get tallied in a coronavirus death.

An economy will eventually recover however long that may be.....a dead person won't.

I don't think you can compare apples to oranges (flu vs coronavirus) effectively, and it shouldn't be done. We have vaccines to the flu, we know what to expect. We don't have that for the coronavirus, yet.

Last edited by Duck Buster; 03/24/20 09:57 PM.
Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7784078 03/24/20 10:05 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
How is this not a type of the flu?
The flu changes and mutates every year, this is pretty similar, but called something different.
It’s been around for years, just now becoming a big thing. What did people say about the flu before it was such a big thing?

Re: Worldometer [Re: rickym] #7784081 03/24/20 10:09 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
I saw no one die today..............I saw less traffic. correlate that.

Re: Worldometer [Re: Duck Buster] #7784093 03/24/20 10:24 PM
E
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Duck Buster

An economy will eventually recover however long that may be.....a dead person won't.

If we as a nation implement Shelter in Place for two months there will be virtually no jobs to return to. Whatcha think that would look like?

Re: Worldometer [Re: rickym] #7784109 03/24/20 10:38 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rickym
The flu changes and mutates every year, this is pretty similar, but called something different.
It’s been around for years, just now becoming a big thing. What did people say about the flu before it was such a big thing?

The flu had a huge death rate before we learned about it as well. We know about it, consider it to be "not that bad" in our society, and it still kills 34000 annually.

I'm saying they cant be compared effectively at this point. Coronavirus has a higher transmission rate, potential for it to be transmitted aerially, and the fact that NO ONE has prior immunity to it...hence "novel". We don't know enough about it. It may be most contracted and deadly on the same segment of the population as the flu, but it does act differently, and our healthcare facilities are not prepared for the onslaught of cases they will face since no one has antibodies in their body to fight it, and I would predict that more people will likely go to the hospitals in the US this month for coronavirus than all year for the flu.

Just google flu versus coronavirus. Pick a website, and they will tell you the differences further.

Re: Worldometer [Re: Duck Buster] #7784113 03/24/20 10:43 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by rickym

The flu had a huge death rate before we learned about it as well. We know about it, consider it to be "not that bad" in our society, and it still kills 34000 annually.

I'm saying they cant be compared effectively at this point. Coronavirus has a higher transmission rate, potential for it to be transmitted aerially, and the fact that NO ONE has prior immunity to it...hence "novel". We don't know enough about it. It may be most contracted and deadly on the same segment of the population as the flu, but it does act differently, and our healthcare facilities are not prepared for the onslaught of cases they will face since no one has antibodies in their body to fight it, and I would predict that more people will likely go to the hospitals in the US this month for coronavirus than all year for the flu.

Just google flu versus coronavirus. Pick a website, and they will tell you the differences further.

Not arguing, but I’m asking what the world thought of the flu before we “knew” how to deal with it? While I get it’s a pandemic currently, I believe 5 years from now, a covid shot will be like gettin a flu shot. This will still kill many people a year, it’s not a plague type of ordeal where we get rid of it. I guess where I messed up for you is when I said type instead of similar.

Oh yeah, come at me with CAPS again and some cappin gon happen roflmao

Last edited by rickym; 03/24/20 10:49 PM.

Re: Worldometer [Re: elkhunter7x6] #7784117 03/24/20 10:49 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

If we as a nation implement Shelter in Place for two months there will be virtually no jobs to return to. Whatcha think that would look like?

I think it would look like an economy that would take a longer time to recover.....but it would eventually. And people are still working- albeit from home. And other segments of the economy are still functioning. Some would say the "essentials" in our economy are still being met, which I think will make the turnaround much faster than it would if they weren't.

Our economy will never look the same as it did 2 moths ago. Our world and country has already been changed by this.

I'm not personally willing to put my grandparents life, my parents life, or my wifes life (she is a nurse practitioner at a hospital) in more danger in order for the stock market to go up. We will survive if it doesn't and we have to shelter in place, although our lives would be harder. But at least I'd still have them.

Is the statement "god, family, country", not applicable in this instance?

Re: Worldometer [Re: Duck Buster] #7784163 03/24/20 11:25 PM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

I think it would look like an economy that would take a longer time to recover.....but it would eventually. And people are still working- albeit from home. And other segments of the economy are still functioning. Some would say the "essentials" in our economy are still being met, which I think will make the turnaround much faster than it would if they weren't.

Our economy will never look the same as it did 2 moths ago. Our world and country has already been changed by this.

I'm not personally willing to put my grandparents life, my parents life, or my wifes life (she is a nurse practitioner at a hospital) in more danger in order for the stock market to go up. We will survive if it doesn't and we have to shelter in place, although our lives would be harder. But at least I'd still have them.

Is the statement "god, family, country", not applicable in this instance?

Im sorry. That reads like shots fired, and I didnt mean them to be. For me its actually "family, country, whatever else". I just don't want a decision made by our president to be the reason I lose family members or put them in more risk unnecessarily early.

Re: Worldometer [Re: reeltexan] #7784169 03/24/20 11:34 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Broken record. The covid-19 virus is a highly contagious virus similar to the flu except not as deadly.

"Coronavirus live updates: Trump wants to 'open up' country by Easter; stocks roar higher; US deaths reach 600"

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Worldometer [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7784174 03/24/20 11:38 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
One of the numbers to consider is recoveries vs. deaths. That's where the real mortality rate is calculated.

Everyone seems to dodge that stat. It is scary.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Worldometer [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7784178 03/24/20 11:41 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

Another question??? Are they really recovering or is this recovery going to turn into something else inside of the bodies of those we thought recovered???

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide