Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
New set of Choppers. #7760800 03/02/20 12:31 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Dental appointment today and we start, from this point I can go with implants which I'm not to crazy about or Bridge and Crown. I don't know many people with implants but I do have a problem with removing good teeth. Anybody have implants Good/Bad?

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 03/02/20 12:31 PM.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7760818 03/02/20 01:00 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
My wife has several Single Implants. Going on 10+ years on some of them with no problems. We both have Crowns. I lost one Crown due to a dentist doing a root canal thru the crown and not sealing the hole he drilled properly. That was many years ago.
I will say my wife was in way more pain with the implants than on any of her crowns.

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7760854 03/02/20 01:50 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I had ab implant last year. Would.t do it again. Took too many trips.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7760855 03/02/20 01:50 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
I have to get a tooth pulled this morning.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7760859 03/02/20 01:55 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Good luck on whatever you decide. up

Had a friend who had implants done, around $30,000 but he loves them.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7760872 03/02/20 02:09 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Go with the implants.

Proverbs 2
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: Stub] #7760880 03/02/20 02:15 PM
duckhunter55 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I had a complete upper done a year ago. They put in 7 implants. My complete upper snaps in and out easily. I went to 5 different oral surgeons including A&M dental school at Baylor in Dallas. I had Dr Steve Brown in Ft Worth do the work. He does small implants with less invasive procedures. Complete upper drive out $14k.

This country is stuck on stupid!
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7760920 03/02/20 03:00 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761000 03/02/20 04:04 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Dental appointment today and we start, from this point I can go with implants which I'm not to crazy about or Bridge and Crown. I don't know many people with implants but I do have a problem with removing good teeth. Anybody have implants Good/Bad?
I feel the same way. Doc took x-rays and said I have 4 teeth that need to be implanted. Problem is they seem perfectly fine. He told me that the more bone you lose, the harder it is for the implants to "take". Not sure if this helps. Good luck, HWY MAN.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761005 03/02/20 04:10 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Seems as if some, including me are a little fuzzy on definitions. I have a buddy named Doc Horton who will be by to clear it up.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761059 03/02/20 04:48 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
I do not like going to the Dentist.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761107 03/02/20 05:47 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
if the teeth are healthy, why not go with veneers? My upper was extremely worn from grinding my teeth at night and had worn most of the enamel off, after 3 consultations, I went with total upper veneer replacements on healthy teeth. 3 visits (inspection, preparation/molds, and install) over a 2 week time frame, each visit was about 3-4 hours, minimal pain using sedation dentistry. Almost 3 years without any issues.

I've heard very mixed results from implants is why I shied away ...

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: PMK] #7761147 03/02/20 06:26 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by PMK
if the teeth are healthy, why not go with veneers? My upper was extremely worn from grinding my teeth at night and had worn most of the enamel off, after 3 consultations, I went with total upper veneer replacements on healthy teeth. 3 visits (inspection, preparation/molds, and install) over a 2 week time frame, each visit was about 3-4 hours, minimal pain using sedation dentistry. Almost 3 years without any issues.

What I would do if I had to do it over.

[Linked Image]

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: PMK] #7761558 03/03/20 02:11 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by PMK

Veneers serve a different purpose....they are more of a cosmetic procedure with some functional benefits vs. implant which is more of a complete functional tooth replacement.

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: Erathkid] #7761561 03/03/20 02:13 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Erathkid
[quote=HWY_MAN] He told me that the more bone you lose, the harder it is for the implants to "take". Not sure if this helps. Good luck, HWY MAN.

This is true. Implants require a certain amount of healthy bone to be stabilized. A good analogy is an implant is like a fence post and the bone is the concrete. If you don't have enough "concrete" the fence will fall over.

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761567 03/03/20 02:19 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

There are several things to consider when deciding implant vs. bridge....if the adjacent teeth are healthy, bone level to support the implant, esthetics, cost, longevity, ease of cleaning, etc.

Implants--cost more, but typically last longer, total process takes several months.

Bridges--less expensive, quicker process, typically do not last as long.

If the adjacent teeth are compromised in any way, or would not serve as good anchor teeth for a bridge, then an implant is the way to go. If a bridge fails you can lose multiple teeth vs. an implant is just one tooth.

Personally I would try to hang onto a tooth as long as possible because once it's gone, it's gone. Replacing teeth is normally more expensive than fixing them, and nothing will function like a healthy natural tooth.

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761579 03/03/20 02:39 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I have a couple of single implants for years now. No problems. They were expensive even after insurance. Had to use cadaver bone. Kinda yucky thinking about it. I have problems with my teeth because my saliva glands are almost dry from my previous radiation. But I'm lucky because some folks with head/neck cancer diagnoses required all their teeth be removed prior to treatment. That scared the heck out of me. I do not look forward to my twice yearly cleanings knowing what will eventually come. Full mouth implants would be crazy expensive and painful.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761610 03/03/20 03:45 AM
M
macec3(TX) Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I have heard more negative about implants than positive. Was considering them a couple of years ago. No way I would do it now. The breaking point for me was a post from a man whose daughter-in-law was a dental hygienist. She told him that cases of oral cancer are significantly higher in people who have dental implants. That was enough for me.

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: DocHorton] #7761742 03/03/20 01:39 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DocHorton

There are several things to consider when deciding implant vs. bridge....if the adjacent teeth are healthy, bone level to support the implant, esthetics, cost, longevity, ease of cleaning, etc.

Implants--cost more, but typically last longer, total process takes several months.

If the adjacent teeth are compromised in any way, or would not serve as good anchor teeth for a bridge, then an implant is the way to go. If a bridge fails you can lose multiple teeth vs. an implant is just one tooth.

Personally I would try to hang onto a tooth as long as possible because once it's gone, it's gone. Replacing teeth is normally more expensive than fixing them, and nothing will function like a healthy natural tooth.

See? You can take it to the bank when I quote DocHorton.

[Linked Image]

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761748 03/03/20 01:49 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Implants are stupid expensive. That is the downside. The upside is that you will never have to worry about them again. With a Bridge and crown, the tooth underneath can still rot/break. That won't happen with an implant. I had two teeth pulled and implants put in when I was 35. That was 11 years ago.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: DocHorton] #7761759 03/03/20 01:57 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

Thanks DOC, rest of my teeth are good to go. two bridges upper and two lower, the rest will be crowned. They're solid but worn down and need to be brought back to correct the bite. I knew this wasn't going to be cheap but did get a little sticker shock and a surprise. We're talking 16,000 for the uppers, hasn't quoted the lower but I expect it to be around the same. The surprise was finding out it cost more to pay cash than using insurance which my Blue Cross Blue Shield doesn't offer. Fixing to get a second opinion from another local dentist, he owns his practice.

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 03/03/20 02:04 PM.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: unclebubba] #7761795 03/03/20 02:33 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Implants are stupid expensive. That is the downside. The upside is that you will never have to worry about them again. With a Bridge and crown, the tooth underneath can still rot/break. That won't happen with an implant. I had two teeth pulled and implants put in when I was 35. That was 11 years ago.

My one was $4,000. I have dental insurance with a $1,000 limit. I got it started in December and finished the following year, thus having to pay $2,000.

[Linked Image]

Re: New set of Choppers. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7761821 03/03/20 03:08 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Thanks DOC, rest of my teeth are good to go. two bridges upper and two lower, the rest will be crowned. They're solid but worn down and need to be brought back to correct the bite. I knew this wasn't going to be cheap but did get a little sticker shock and a surprise. We're talking 16,000 for the uppers, hasn't quoted the lower but I expect it to be around the same. The surprise was finding out it cost more to pay cash than using insurance which my Blue Cross Blue Shield doesn't offer. Fixing to get a second opinion from another local dentist, he owns his practice.

Yes Sir, good luck on the process. Unfortunately dental work is expensive. Never a bad idea to get a second look, especially with a big procedure. cheers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide