J
J.P. Greeson Online Content OP
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I got my first one in 5th grade as well in PE class. That jackazz coach hit me so hard it brought water to my eyes. I didn't cry cause I was so pissed. He wasn't one of those people you respected. I wish I would have met up with him after I was grown.

Probably would not have been to difficult to make that “meet up” if ya wanted.

I'm sure he's probably dead. I had no respect for him but absolutely respected Mrs. Anderson, the assistant principal who whopped me.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727250 01/24/20 02:07 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There seem to be a lot of coaches in the Jr. High/Middle School level that have bad attitudes, I guess 'cause they didn't make the "big leagues". Others, I'm sure, are dedicated to trying to make kids healthier.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727251 01/24/20 02:08 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Since spanking your kids is no damn near a death sentence..... makes me wonder what the intended purpose of those paddles is...probably some freaky stuff popcorn

I missed the era of teachers with paddles by a few years, but my moms mom had a thin leather belt and a wood paddle. I remember being spanked once with the belt and that was it, I was a quick learner. Dad did it bare hand.

I do remember going to a catholic school my first couple years and walking back to class from going to the bathroom and passing the principles door to see a junior high/high school girl over the principals knee with her proverbial catholic school girl skirt flipped up getting her rear end paddled... she was screaming and hitting at him and thrashing around, when the nun observing the whooping saw me gawking she slammed the door and I skedaddled back to class!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727256 01/24/20 02:09 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
O Captain! My Captain! No J.P., I don't recall black leather padded spank paddles or 9 inch leather tawse floggers ever posted on THF before, not even in the OT... This reminds me of the time when I arrived home from a day afield with my waterfowl mentor, proud of my limit of drakes, only to be greeted by the wrath my children's stunningly gorgeous mom.

While she's a tall blonde with world class, magazine quality good looks, her seminary degree makes her a tad uptight. Her rage arose after our cleaning lady, the one she hired from her bible study, a woman of strong faith who's only sin was gossip, arrantly placed the long black rubber waterfowl feeding call on her nightstand that unfortunately fell out of my gear bag as I rushed to leave the house in the predawn hours. The same predawn, not yet fully awake hours, that I'm sure caused you to not notice you'd placed a link to adult pleasure toys in the OT..

Blue Moon

Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727263 01/24/20 02:17 PM
J
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
My mom came after me with a hairbrush one time. The mistake I made was laughing at her when I thought the interaction was over.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: Blue Moon] #7727264 01/24/20 02:19 PM
J
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by Blue Moon
O Captain! My Captain! No J.P., I don't recall black leather padded spank paddles or 9 inch leather tawse floggers ever posted on THF before, not even in the OT... This reminds me of the time when I arrived home from a day afield with my waterfowl mentor, proud of my limit of drakes, only to be greeted by the wrath my children's stunningly gorgeous mom.

While she's a tall blonde with world class, magazine quality good looks, her seminary degree makes her a tad uptight. Her rage arose after our cleaning lady, the one she hired from her bible study, a woman of strong faith who's only sin was gossip, arrantly placed the long black rubber waterfowl feeding call on her nightstand that unfortunately fell out of my gear bag as I rushed to leave the house in the predawn hours. The same predawn, not yet fully awake hours, that I'm sure caused you to not notice you'd placed a link to adult pleasure toys in the OT..

Blue Moon

Yes, it was a pre-coffee post.

coffee

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727267 01/24/20 02:23 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
My mom came after me with a hairbrush one time. The mistake I made was laughing at her when I thought the interaction was over.

You seem to have had a troubled childhood. roflmao

Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727290 01/24/20 02:49 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I never got a paddle....but I did get my dad's leather belt a few times. crying
But I'm better off for it.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727292 01/24/20 02:50 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I used to make them back in the 70's.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727336 01/24/20 03:26 PM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
It is criminal, literally, how an adult can beat a child (I did not say discipline I said beat because back in the day they were beatings not discipline), in some places without the parent's consent, and it is ok. If an adult did the same thing outside the "educational environment" they could go to prison for up to 20 years or more.

Sec. 22.02. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in Sec. 22.01 and the person:

(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or

(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree, except that the offense is a felony of the first degree if:

(1) the actor uses a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault and causes serious bodily injury to a person whose relationship to or association with the defendant is described by Section 71.0021(b), 71.003, or 71.005, Family Code;

That is not the whole statute, but the part of the statute I am talking about.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727338 01/24/20 03:28 PM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Let's just say:
3rd grade.
7th grade twice.
8th grade once.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727345 01/24/20 03:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I remember the shaved down baseball bat. Bend over the back of the chair, grab the seat with both hands and if you let go, the count starts over. The key was never to let go.

Last edited by Hudbone; 01/24/20 03:36 PM. Reason: added info
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727353 01/24/20 03:40 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Only got one used on me one time in school. But yes I remember those. Saw and or heard them used often.

I knew if I got one used on me at school I would get a switch used later at the house. My Mother was the highschool cafeteria manager so she would be informed of my activities.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: who remembers these [Re: 68rustbucket] #7727412 01/24/20 04:33 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I had a drafting teacher that would give us a signed hall pass to take all 3 lunch periods if you took 3 swats. I was a frequent flyer.

now thats just weird.

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727417 01/24/20 04:36 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
My cheeks start burning just looking at that picture.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727446 01/24/20 04:57 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
The true stingers were palm tree limbs....

Re: who remembers these [Re: LeonCarr] #7727452 01/24/20 05:02 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
It is criminal, literally, how an adult can beat a child (I did not say discipline I said beat because back in the day they were beatings not discipline), in some places without the parent's consent, and it is ok. If an adult did the same thing outside the "educational environment" they could go to prison for up to 20 years or more.

Sec. 22.02. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in Sec. 22.01 and the person:

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree, except that the offense is a felony of the first degree if:

(1) the actor uses a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault and causes serious bodily injury to a person whose relationship to or association with the defendant is described by Section 71.0021(b), 71.003, or 71.005, Family Code;

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

I sure your are correct but I never heard of a beatin. I did hear of getting paddled. I never did see teachers loading up on the children. In fact it was the other way around.
bolt

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727467 01/24/20 05:10 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Been there, had those applied.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: who remembers these [Re: LeonCarr] #7727475 01/24/20 05:12 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727478 01/24/20 05:14 PM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I got swats many times but I don't remember ever really getting hurt by a teacher. A couple of swats would make you think twice about committing the same offense.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: who remembers these [Re: J.P. Greeson] #7727489 01/24/20 05:24 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Pretty common for guys to have about 4" wide bruises across their asses when I was in high school, I came home with a few. Never struck me as a big deal, most of them were from football coaches. Only got licks from the principal in HS couple times. It was always a choice, 3 licks or 3 days ISS. Taking the licks was a no brainer, who'd want to sit in a closet for three days.

True story. HS principal busted me and one of my best friends for skipping class and basically goofing off. He offered licks or ISS. I was wrong, I knew it, I took the licks and got down the road. My friend pitched a big fit. "you're not hittin me, I'll call my mom, this is BS", etc. Think he ended up with the licks after push came to shove - years later he went to the pen for cooking meth. Always thought back to that situation and how he acted when I'd here things about him occasionaly. His dad was MIA most of his life, his mom was about half crazy too. Figured it was all part of the puzzle.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: who remembers these [Re: LeonCarr] #7727519 01/24/20 06:08 PM
janie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It is criminal, literally, how an adult can beat a child (I did not say discipline I said beat because back in the day they were beatings not discipline)

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

You bring up an interesting point. If you can't get your message across with 2 or 3 cracks across the arse, you've already failed. We had one teacher, who was about 6'4 280 lbs. One of my class mates had forgot to spit out her gum after lunch. He hauled her out to the hallway, and after 12 or so crack's, we heard her crying, and him yelling at her to get up. She couldn't.
Busted her tailbone.
And to this day, I still have an issue with a male teacher whaling away on a female student.

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: who remembers these [Re: janie] #7727524 01/24/20 06:12 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by janie
It is criminal, literally, how an adult can beat a child (I did not say discipline I said beat because back in the day they were beatings not discipline)

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

You bring up an interesting point. If you can't get your message across with 2 or 3 cracks across the arse, you've already failed. We had one teacher, who was about 6'4 280 lbs. One of my class mates had forgot to spit out her gum after lunch. He hauled her out to the hallway, and after 12 or so crack's, we heard her crying, and him yelling at her to get up. She couldn't.
Busted her tailbone.
And to this day, I still have an issue with a male teacher whaling away on a female student.

should never happen

Re: who remembers these [Re: LeonCarr] #7727542 01/24/20 06:45 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

While that may be true. The Texas Education Code still allows it in Chapter 37: Discipline; Law and Order

Interesting thing is that in 2017 the Texas legislature made it an Opt-Out instead of an Opt-In for parents.
The only way for a parent to Opt-Out is to send in a written letter requesting that their child be Opt-Out for corporal punishment.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: who remembers these [Re: fadetoblack64] #7727548 01/24/20 07:05 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
Originally Posted by janie

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Busted her tailbone.

should never happen

I'd have went twyc on that guy.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide