Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: Texas Dan] #7649569 11/01/19 10:53 PM
P_102 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Let's be honest guys, with all the information that's available on the internet, about all we need from the sales clerk before making a purchase is for them to hand us whatever we're buying for a final inspection. We should really have found all the answers we need well before we walk into the store.

So are we really looking for answers when we ask the clerk a question, or just trying to stroke our ego by finding an opportunity to show ourselves how much we know?

You’d be surprised at how many hunters/fishermen go into a store with little or no knowledge about certain products and expect a $10/hr. employee with no product training to educate them....or the ‘knowitalls’ mentioned above that correct others with complete misinformation they read on the web.

I’d guess there are about the same types and amounts of stories from both sides of the counter.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: P_102] #7649697 11/02/19 01:19 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by P_102

Let's be honest guys, with all the information that's available on the internet, about all we need from the sales clerk before making a purchase is for them to hand us whatever we're buying for a final inspection. We should really have found all the answers we need well before we walk into the store.

So are we really looking for answers when we ask the clerk a question, or just trying to stroke our ego by finding an opportunity to show ourselves how much we know?

You’d be surprised at how many hunters/fishermen go into a store with little or no knowledge about certain products and expect a $10/hr. employee with no product training to educate them....or the ‘knowitalls’ mentioned above that correct others with complete misinformation they read on the web.

I’d guess there are about the same types and amounts of stories from both sides of the counter.

I've avoided these conversations the last few years. Just get what I need and walk away.

I was looking at some .223 ammo several months ago. The Academy employee asked me what I was doing looking at the brass. I told him about the military crimp and was seeing of the ammo had it. He was genuinely wanting to know what I was talking about, so I showed him crimped primers and non-crimped primers, and explained the process for reloading the brass. He thanked me for showing that to him. I don't have really any bad memories from the McKinney Academy as far as employees giving out bad advice.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: KRoyal] #7649717 11/02/19 01:38 AM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Never a problem with me but I've been using an iPad for years.

I'm sure corporate has been pressuring them hard to cancel any sale that has even the smallest issue.

I’m a Chief Technology Officer for the state of Texas with over 16 years of experience. It has nothing to do with knowing how to use an “iPad” which it wasn’t it was laggy POS android tablet and glitchy software.

Did you make up that title?

No jackass CTO look it up.

How many chiefs are there? You said you're "a" chief tech officer.

If there's more than one chief; you're not the chief.

Last edited by tenyearsgone; 11/02/19 01:39 AM.
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: Poppa] #7649744 11/02/19 02:24 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
28 of us to be exact 28 different board areas around the state of Texas. So yes I am the chief for my area the Texoma area.

[Linked Image]

Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: Poppa] #7649758 11/02/19 02:54 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
The Academy in Rockwall has a good dudes behind the gun counter. Unfortunately they are young guys, high school/college age and you know it's a temporaryl thing.

Academy in Killeen (or is it Copperas Cove?) also has some good people behind the gun counter including the one of the store managers, maybe the head guy. He seems to keep a close eye on the gun counter and is a sportsman and good enough guy to shoot the bull with. I bought my gun safe from that store and almost picked up one of the remington modell 7's in kuiu but I found a killer deal on the forum on a savage in a manners and took it instead.

But for the most part, the only place worse than Academy to buy a gun is Walmart. But they both have some good deals and can be hot or miss. I once walked out the door of Walmart with a brand new Ruger American .243 For about $180. I think it was during one of their anti gun phases, might have been phasing out "black rifles".

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: Poppa] #7652487 11/05/19 08:11 AM
DeckArtist Online Happy
Pro Tracker
Online Happy
Pro Tracker
SO they banned you for a month because the tablet form is hard to negotiate? When I go through an FFL I use a local home-owned business like Wiley's near Wills Point or Big Shots in Grand Saline. Never bought from a chain store before unless it was just ammo or cleaning stuff. Highly recommend Wiley's and Big Shots, they both use paper forms.

www.hannawoodworks.com
Deck, Pergolas, Patio Covers, Sawmill Services & more...
214-435-9574
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: Sneaky] #7653216 11/05/19 11:19 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
When I retire I’m going to hang around the Academy gun counter for entertainment. If it’s not irate customers trying to buy a gun, it’s their FOS teenage salespeople explaining, for example, how the Mossberg .243 he’s showing will “take down a grizzly no problem”.

Now that is entertaining.

roflmao lol35

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: academy in terrel BAD [Re: Poppa] #7660616 11/13/19 02:42 PM
M
mjtex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Went into the Waxahachie Acadamy the other day and a gentleman tried to purchase a firearm, he had messed up on the tablet and the salesman told him he couldn't purchase from any other Acadamy. Didnt advise him to come back another day, wasnt particularly helpfull just said "you can go buy a gun anywhere just not at any Acadamy".

The horse is prepared for Battle, but safety is of the LORD.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide