T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Synthetic stocks make rifles ugly.

And mustard on fries DOES taste good

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7468897 03/26/19 12:01 AM
R
Ryan F. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted by procraft05
Ryan F, you could be too sensitive for this thread.

If so, just move on.

Btw, not a single person has claimed synthetic stocks make rifles ugly

Not a single claim of that.

[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7468899 03/26/19 12:02 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: Ryan F.] #7468901 03/26/19 12:03 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by Ryan F.

If so, just move on.

[Linked Image]

Ryan F is sensitive AF

Look, he once owned a Savage rifle. Nobody and I repeat nobody mention they look like trash.

It will upset him

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: J.G.] #7468909 03/26/19 12:08 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U

[Linked Image]
[/quote]
Does it matter to you? Evidently, not. Does it matter to me? No. But am I a fan of the lines of my Belgum made Browning BAR with beautiful deep blue, and sleek warm walnut? You bet your a$$! And that browning would not hit the center of the X id I shot at it 20 times...but it would be within an inch and a half of it.[quote=FiremanJG]This was a zeroing shot at 100 yards this morning. Does it really matter what the rifle looks like that made it?

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: txtrophy85] #7468911 03/26/19 12:09 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
The original topic was what is your personal head turner based on looks.

Then we had to get into the justification of why people own cheap/ugly rifles and then we get pictures of a X with a bullet hole in it

I tried, it was Ryan F’s fault

He got mad

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7468912 03/26/19 12:10 AM
R
Ryan F. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R

If so, just move on.

[Linked Image]

Ryan F is sensitive AF

Look, he once owned a Savage rifle. Nobody and I repeat nobody mention they look like trash.

It will upset him

You started a topic with the original post stating/bashing the looks of a rifle. Someone disagrees with you and now you resort to personal attacks. And you are saying I am sensitive? roflmao

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: Ryan F.] #7468925 03/26/19 12:20 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G

If so, just move on.

[Linked Image]

Ryan F is sensitive AF

It will upset him

You started a topic with the original post stating/bashing the looks of a rifle. Someone disagrees with you and now you resort to personal attacks. And you are saying I am sensitive? roflmao

You didn’t have to comment

If it upset set you and it did...move along. It’s that easy

We know, your Savage ruled the universe and we wish we could all have a safe full

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: J.G.] #7468927 03/26/19 12:21 AM
R
Ryan F. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
^^Excellent!

Go before show is my thing.

Not everyone shares the same attitude, and that's cool.

Oh I definitely agree. If it looks good its a bonus. I love accurate rifles and that is by far the number one priority for me. I have sold rifles because they wouldn't shoot under an inch at 100 yards.

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: Judd] #7468947 03/26/19 12:39 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Rifles are just like custom spurs, a custom spur maker hates collectors, they want to see their tools being used exactly what they are for. Wooden deke makers are same way.

Just like TDK telling me I was insulting him by saying his guns were too pretty to use. You're right.

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
I wouldn't sell a truck I’ve owned to any one I know either. I kind of rough on them.

Anyone that knows you wouldn't want your truck either grin

I like having cool stuff...what's cool to me might not be to Bobo or anyone else.

yelp every ones mileage varies, I just cant own nice things, I can pretty much write customer service articles on Zeiss, Swaro, and Vortex in the last 6 years . My bow gets it worse then my rifles. Poor thing gets restrung at least once a year and most years twice.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7468952 03/26/19 12:46 AM
R
Ryan F. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R

We know, your Savage ruled the universe and we wish we could all have a safe full

Actually, it didn't upset me at all. Not sure why you are even saying that. I disagreed with you and said I had never heard of Savage having extraction issues, which you claimed to be the case because you read it on a forum from someone. I gave my opinion that a rifle is a tool to me and I don't really care about how good they look. But for some reason you took issue with the fact I disagreed with you on Savage having extraction issues.

Hear me out for a second....

If you would have posted this topic with what you liked and asked what others liked as far as aesthetics and left it at that then I wouldn't have said anything about Savage rifles.... But, in your OP you had to go and point out specifically a brand of rifle that you know has been bashed on for how it looks and I'm sure you know was going to cause arguments. You also tried to make a case that they have issues, which I didn't agree with. If you really didn't want someone to comment on it then why even mention it?

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: Ryan F.] #7468965 03/26/19 01:02 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G

Actually, it didn't upset me at all. Not sure why you are even saying that. I disagreed with you and said I had never heard of Savage having extraction issues, which you claimed to be the case because you read it on a forum from someone. I gave my opinion that a rifle is a tool to me and I don't really care about how good they look. But for some reason you took issue with the fact I disagreed with you on Savage having extraction issues.

Hear me out for a second....

If you would have posted this topic with what you liked and asked what others liked as far as aesthetics and left it at that then I wouldn't have said anything about Savage rifles.... But, in your OP you had to go and point out specifically a brand of rifle that you know has been bashed on for how it looks and I'm sure you know was going to cause arguments. You also tried to make a case that they have issues, which I didn't agree with. If you really didn't want someone to comment on it then why even mention it?

Ok

Last edited by procraft05; 03/26/19 01:07 AM.
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: wp75169] #7468971 03/26/19 01:07 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by wp75169
BOBO your Dakota 10 is my Cooper. I still want the dang thing but will likely never buy it.

great thing about Cooper is it comes with an accuracy guarantee, hard to go wrong with them. Get one.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469000 03/26/19 01:45 AM
P
Precision_Shooter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Function>Form (Maybe why I like my Glocks so much...)

Sako rifles have always given me the warm and fuzzies in performance and looks.

But, I would take a Savage over a Ruger these days. That may not have been true in the past, and some people seem to be stuck there, but for today's dollar you can't get much better performance for the money than a Savage 10/110.

I've owned many Savage rifles and now own 0 because they became obsolete once I got my Tikka T3x CTR. I don't typically own guns just to own them. All of mine have a purpose. I don't need multiple rifles in multiple calibers for target shooting when my 1 6.5 creedmoor has all the bases covered.

I don't need one of every caliber hunting rifle either when the 4-5 rifles/calibers I do have cover 99% of any hunting I want to do in the US.
I don't own a dangerous game rifle because I would never pay the amount of money it takes to go dangerous game hunting in Africa.

So, give me a rifle that performs before you give me a rifle that looks pretty but can't hit the broad side of a barn from PBR...

Last edited by Precision_Shooter; 03/26/19 01:46 AM.
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469004 03/26/19 01:46 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Ok, Aesthetics's in a rifle has nothing to do with accuracy. Evidenced by Procraft05's choice of a Ruger 77. Ruger 77's are like a hot chic that won't put out.

Rifle Aesthetics start with blue steel and a nicely figured piece of walnut for me. Then throw in some nice lines.

First choice would be a Sako 85 but the $1500 limit kills it. Scratch the Sako.

Winchester Model 70 super grade followed closely by a Remington model 7 CDL with some nice furniture. Either one are nice eye candy.

I still like a rifle that the maker takes pride in how it looks and shoots.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 03/26/19 01:49 AM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: Smokey Bear] #7469012 03/26/19 01:55 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Ok, Aesthetics's in a rifle has nothing to do with accuracy. Evidenced by Procraft05's choice of a Ruger 77. Ruger 77's are like a hot chic that won't put out.

or puts out but its very sub par, like finding our your new Ferrari has a 4 cylinder engine in it

You buy a Ruger, immediately take it to the smith and get it bedded and floated and a new trigger. Then it will be a fine shooter

however I have a bone stock Ruger Stainless M77 Hawkeye in .22-250 and it shoots just fine. My mid 90's model MKII was atrocious before she went to the Dr.

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469019 03/26/19 02:02 AM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
Of what I own or have owned

1. Little Sharps Rifle Company Lil Reliable with very nice Bastogen Walnut stock
2. CZ 527 Premier
3 . Cooper M52
4. Custom mannlicher stocked 44 Mag
5. Sako Forester Handi Hunter Carbine

There are others Ruger #1 and agree with the Dakota Model 10. The only Dakota 10 I have shot had a case hardened receiver and rings, full length forearm and all the wood is high grade walnut, chambered in 6.5X55

Needless to say I like blued steel and walnut.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: txtrophy85] #7469025 03/26/19 02:07 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

or puts out but its very sub par, like finding our your new Ferrari has a 4 cylinder engine in it

You buy a Ruger, immediately take it to the smith and get it bedded and floated and a new trigger. Then it will be a fine shooter

Yeah, I own a 77 just like that.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: txtrophy85] #7469026 03/26/19 02:08 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Then we had to get into the justification of why people own cheap/ugly rifles and then we get pictures of a X with a bullet hole in it

Butt hurt because you can't do it.

I get it.

How do you know the rifle in question wasn't best blasted stainless, high gloss, top tier walnut, I cut down and milled myself, and checkered by hand? You do not. I never specified.

The point I was making, that went clear over your soft head is that I care more about how it shoots than what it looks like, but your cannot accept that. And that's your problem, to deal with.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: J.G.] #7469029 03/26/19 02:11 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

I get it.

How do you know the rifle in question wasn't best blasted stainless, high gloss, top tier walnut, I cut down and milled myself, and checkered by hand? You do not. I never specified.

The point I was making, that went clear over your soft head is that I care more about how it shoots than what it looks like, but your cannot accept that. And that's your problem, to deal with.

haha.....I can hit the center of X's, O's and every other letter of the alphabet at 100 yards.... its not a big deal to me...def. not something I take pictures of.

but if you wanna compare trophy collections i'm game for that.

and the original topic was Aesthetics, not performance. So why bring out how well a rifle can shoot in the first place? The lack of comprehension of the thread topic is appalling

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469045 03/26/19 02:24 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Production Rifles:

Tikka or Sako
Winchester Model 70
Browning X-Bolt

Semi or full customs, I'm all over the map. I have at least one of each of the three above production rifles and love 'em all. Used to have a bunch of Remington 700's and Sevens, now down to one 700 (daughter's) and a model Seven (wife's).

First rifle I always seem to grab as my go-to is one of my T3's fwiw.

Sheer pretty, my Model 70 Super Grade is sexy to me.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469046 03/26/19 02:25 AM
S
safarigene Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Simple asthetics... Ruger No 1 or a Sharps.

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469053 03/26/19 02:31 AM
W
Walkabout Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: txtrophy85] #7469054 03/26/19 02:31 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I get it.

haha.....I can hit the center of X's, O's and every other letter of the alphabet at 100 yards.... its not a big deal to me...def. not something I take pictures of.

but if you wanna compare trophy collections i'm game for that.

and the original topic was Aesthetics, not performance. So why bring out how well a rifle can shoot in the first place? The lack of comprehension of the thread topic is appalling

Still not getting it. I said early on I care how it shoots more than anything. Again, you cannot grasp that, for so.e reason. I am in the business of helping people shoot better. Never do they ask me what the rifles look like, especially my rental rifle.

Trophies? I can show you some. But from now on, if you'd like, I can show you photos of the turds I made via eating wild meat I killed, ate, and processed.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Let’s rifle talk asthetics [Re: GusWayne] #7469057 03/26/19 02:37 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Why would you comment on a thread about aesthetics in the first place then? It’s like commenting on a thread about sports cars then you chime in saying all you care about is gas mileage. It has nothing to do with the original topic whatsoever

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide