Forums46
Topics538,347
Posts9,736,088
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: scalebuster] #7433834 02/14/19 12:48 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I’m glad you have an opinion too Superduty. My thoughts on suicide are, it’s a cowards way out. Especially if you leave behind a wife and children to take care of themselves. I don’t care what your problems are, killing yourself destroys those you leave behind. That’s not a manly way to go out.

I'm not so sure you and I don't share the same opinion, there is no logical or rational reason for a person to take their own lives knowing the damage it will leave behind. This is where I go a different direction, I go back to the VA that was treating him. I do not know what med's he was prescribed to treat his PTSD but I do know what he told me, "Heavy duty med's" is all he said. Some of the med's their giving those battling PTSD seem to flip their whole world around making the illogical logical and the irrational rational. These med's scare the hell out of me, time and time again we see how mass shootings and med's always seem to show up at the same time. I believe the number of VET suicides is running about 20+ a day.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7433848 02/14/19 01:20 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Prayers going out for family and friends.
A good friend of mine ended his life last week, we had his funeral yesterday. He seemed happy. The kind of guy that was always laughing and joking. A bright light.

But you never know what is actually inside someone. Demons fought, depression, dark days.
I never judge. Only God knows each of us well enough to do that.

I can say this: nobody's brain works right all the time.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7433888 02/14/19 02:27 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Prayers for all involved.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7433933 02/14/19 03:04 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Prayers up for you and your neighbors family....

Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to help....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434058 02/14/19 05:34 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Prayers up. That's so sad on every level. My wifes best friend has a son who is really struggling with PTSD. The VA isn't doing much to help him either. I fear that something similar is in his future but I pray that it isn't.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434076 02/14/19 06:07 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
This is terrible. Hate hearing it HWY. He was lucky to have a guy like you in his corner.

I have lost a friend and a 'brother' the same way. I pray daily for another buddy and vet that can't stop blaming himself for the death of his battle buddies. I check in on Jake often and pray for him daily, but he is his worst enemy. He thinks he is worthless because he couldn't save two guys that an IED ripped in half and disabled him. He digs coal now and I know he is intentionally taunting death at every corner.

What a lot of guys don't get is that you can't get away from your head. It is internal self-abuse and guilt tripping...constantly. A rational person will leave a situation where they are constantly being told, "you f'd up; you didn't do your job right; you missed something. You are living and they aren't." Some shut it down with drinking, others choose drugs, the lucky ones vent it in the gym or somewhere healthy. Others don't ever find that vent and choose a bullet to go numb....permanently.

It is a terrible and family tree altering event. I wish there was a way to stop it.

Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HuntnFly67] #7434224 02/14/19 09:22 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
This is terrible. Hate hearing it HWY. He was lucky to have a guy like you in his corner.

I have lost a friend and a 'brother' the same way. I pray daily for another buddy and vet that can't stop blaming himself for the death of his battle buddies. I check in on Jake often and pray for him daily, but he is his worst enemy. He thinks he is worthless because he couldn't save two guys that an IED ripped in half and disabled him. He digs coal now and I know he is intentionally taunting death at every corner.

What a lot of guys don't get is that you can't get away from your head. It is internal self-abuse and guilt tripping...constantly. A rational person will leave a situation where they are constantly being told, "you f'd up; you didn't do your job right; you missed something. You are living and they aren't." Some shut it down with drinking, others choose drugs, the lucky ones vent it in the gym or somewhere healthy. Others don't ever find that vent and choose a bullet to go numb....permanently.

It is a terrible and family tree altering event. I wish there was a way to stop it.

I've seen a hell of a lot of human death. Of thousands, only two I knew. One the son of a Fireman I work with (I was part of the crew trying to save him) the other was one of our Police officers. But, thank God, I have not had to bury one of the guys I work side by side with every shift. I cannot imagine the pain associated with it. Even if they are not blood, they are family. I have not had the bear that particular burden, and hope to never have to.

Prayers up to all the friends and family this Marine left behind.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: J.G.] #7434233 02/14/19 09:30 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I have not had the bear that particular burden, and hope to never have to.

I have and the hardest part is when nothing makes any sense, there's no explanation or answer. It's just over!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434238 02/14/19 09:37 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
I have not had the bear that particular burden, and hope to never have to.

I have and the hardest part is when nothing makes any sense, there's no explanation or answer. It's just over!

Three in my family. The hurt never stops. These folks will need help for a long time to come.

Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434309 02/14/19 11:11 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Hard to read, you are a good neighbor

Big Beckett!!
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: Ramsey] #7434331 02/14/19 11:40 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Ramsey
Hard to read, you are a good neighbor

X2

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434411 02/15/19 01:15 AM
T
tex70 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
My best friend's lost his father, a grandfather and a cousin to suicide. I can't imagine the personal hell he's been through but I've seen the depression he's struggled with and just pray he doesn't decide to go down the same road at some point

Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434420 02/15/19 01:32 AM
T
TX Hitman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Not sure what to think of this thread. Lost a friend a few weeks ago by his own hands. Left his 2 sons without a father and wife without a husband. He was having marital problems but was completely unexpected.
Now I have a BIL that is going thru marital problems and has mentioned things to other people. He and I are were really close and have always been “straight” with each other. I have tried, a month or so ago, calling/texting him with no return. He lives out of town but is currently in a facility, in my town, trying to get help. He is still mentioning things and is saying therapy isn’t working. Based on our past, situation above, and this thread, I’m showing up there tomorrow unannounced to everyone.

Guys, I believe that’s selfish and not right by god and I have no issue telling him that. I just can’t fatham how bad it must be to consider the easy way out. I’m scared to go because I know him. He isn’t military but was a fire/para about 7 years ago. Could it be PTSD from that? I’m not sure. I’m not military so I don’t understand. Could it be a physiological disorder? Tumor? Everything that he is saying is completely not him. Any thoughts appreciated

Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: HWY_MAN] #7434476 02/15/19 02:42 AM
D
Dustnsand Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Man that's rough. I just cannot imagine what someone is thinking when they get to a point where suicide is a thought. It makes no sense to me as well as others as evidenced by this thread and that makes it tougher to help those that feel that way. Prayers up for those affected

Re: Going to share something I probably shouldn't. [Re: ndhunter] #7435121 02/15/19 07:11 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by ndhunter
I highly recommend this org for those of you that know of vets that could use the support or if you are able to make a charitable donation. They do good work!

PTSD Foundation Of America

I should also have said sorry for your loss HWY_MAN

I do want to bump the link in my initial reply in case there are others that could use some help. I support the PTSD Foundation, they do amazing work with veterans.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide