Forums46
Topics538,058
Posts9,732,540
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375469 12/13/18 05:35 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
scratch think they was me English teacher : bolt
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375473 12/13/18 05:44 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Who in the world can’t use the correct spelling of a word?

I’m I write or am I right?

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375502 12/13/18 12:00 PM
V
Vern1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
V
Because the laws are written by folks like this:

[Linked Image]

Cheers,
Vern1
Texans since The Old 300 in 1824
NRA Lifetime Member
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Choctaw] #7375577 12/13/18 01:41 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Choctaw

Yeah, that was a humdinger even by our standards.

That one does rank way up there....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7375599 12/13/18 02:06 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
What bothers me is the state is calling a pronghorn a pronghorn antelope, which it is not. Pronghorn's are NOT antelope.

If a Pronghorn antelope is not an antelope, then what is it?

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Vern1] #7375607 12/13/18 02:10 PM
B
Bobcat4119 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted by Vern1
Because the laws are written by folks like this:

[Linked Image]

roflmao roflmao roflmao WE ARE DOOMED

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: unclebubba] #7375610 12/13/18 02:13 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
What bothers me is the state is calling a pronghorn a pronghorn antelope, which it is not. Pronghorn's are NOT antelope.

If a Pronghorn antelope is not an antelope, then what is it?

Pronghorn are a specie unto its self, but for many years probably longer than any of us have been alive they have been called to pronghorn antelope so wording covers them quite well historically. True antelope do not shed their horns but the pronghorn does.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375624 12/13/18 02:24 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Home, home on the range, where the deer and antelope play...

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375667 12/13/18 03:17 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
When I grew up, the county wrote the game laws. I remember when Dickens County had a bear season.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375789 12/13/18 05:09 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
You guys completely missed the point of my post. I was not asking why this law exist, which seem to be what most of you thought since you tried to explain the reason for its existence. My point was about the wording of the sentence itself. The sentence is aimed at Criminals that do not respect the laws. It's like saying, "It is a crime not take all the cash when you rob a bank." or "It is a crime to leave the TV behind when you burglarize a house." The sentence is saying to criminals, "We know you don't respect the law, but we want you to respect this one law."

My point is, that is a really dumb sentence regardless of the reason behind it. The fact that I used an improper homophone in my OP does not make that sentence any less stupid, but it is stupid for a person to try defend stupidity by attacking another person's typo which has nothing to do with the issue. It just shows that person to be petty and childish.

I looked to us as thought you flat out did not understand the message the text was trying to convey, so I wrote it in a new format.

And, if you can't take some ribbing on an honest mistake you made, there are thousands of job sites around the world, ran by blue collar, red blooded Americans, where you would have a miserable time. This forum is no different. In my profession, I learned long ago, when you make a mistake, take your licks from your peers. If you dig in your heels, things will get far worse.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: J.G.] #7375880 12/13/18 06:25 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
You have taken it out of context and the wording from the hunting annual is just a summary of wildlife code and state laws. Being a general summary there are lots of places in it where more than one regulation or statute is summarized into one sentence or paragraph. If you read the entire paragraph you can see it is just explaining that the latter is a higher crime. Basically....
Class C Misdemeanor waste of game or fail to retrieve for game animal killed while legally hunting
Class A Misdemeanor waste of game for fail to retrieve for illegally killed big game animal

From the Outdoor Annual
Waste of Game
It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition. It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft (including unmanned aerial vehicles); on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light.

Notice Actual Wildlife Code below does not mention anything about the illegally taken big game part or the Misdemeanor part. That part comes from a different place. If the outdoor annual included every word of every regulation and statute it would be comprised of several large books.

------------

Sec. 62.011. RETRIEVAL AND WASTE OF GAME. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (c), it is an offense if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit.

(b) Except as provided by Subsection (c), it is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition.

(c) It is an offense if a person while hunting kills or wounds a desert bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, mule deer, or white-tailed deer in violation of Section 61.022, 62.003, 62.0031, 62.004, or 62.005 and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence fails to keep the edible parts of the animal in an edible condition.

(d) In this section:

(1) "Edible condition" means fit for human consumption. The term does not include any portion of a game bird, game animal, or fish that is:

(A) bruised by bullet, shot, or arrow, or otherwise destroyed as a result of harvest;

(B) decayed or rotting; or

(C) obviously infected or diseased.

(2) "Edible parts" means the meaty portions of a carcass that are retained for consumption after quartering as defined in Section 42.001(8).

Acts 1975, 64th Leg., p. 1214, ch. 456, Sec. 15, eff. Sept. 1, 1975. Amended by Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 267, art. 3, Sec. 110, eff. Sept. 1, 1985; Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 267, art. 4, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1985; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 959, Sec. 7, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

Amended by:

Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 138 (S.B. 1121), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2009.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Dry Fire] #7376271 12/13/18 11:29 PM
T
TWarren Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
When I grew up, the county wrote the game laws. I remember when Dickens County had a bear season.

Say what? How long ago was that and did anyone actually see bears?

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7376700 12/14/18 01:50 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
So I was looking up the regulations for a non-related issue and I stumbled upon this regulation in the TDPW manual.

"It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft (including unmanned aerial vehicles); on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light."[/i]

If that is not a mouthful, I don't know what is. I had to read it six or seven times before I began to understand what it is saying. Basically, what I understand this sentence to say is, We really don't care if you break a bunch of other laws, but we are really serious about you not wasting the meat of the animals you kill while breaking a bunch of other laws. I know that is a little sarcastic, but that is what it seems like it is saying. It saying, As long as you are going to A: Trespass (hunted without landowner consent), B: Hunt from a vehicle on a public road (illegal), C: Hunt Big Game at night (illegal), D: Spotlight for big game (illegal); as long as you are going to break all those laws, we really, REALLY don't want you to waste the meat. LOL!

Who in the world rights this stuff? No wonder people get so confused. Talk about your oxymoron! "[i]As long as you are going to break the law, You had better NOT break THIS law
!" bang roflmao

A really smart guy wrote it. It’s an additional charge to the other plethora of charges, shooting across fence, trespassing, shooting from road etc.

All comes down to a very easy to prove charge that aids in pleas.

Bingo.

And all laws are aimed at criminals who don’t respect laws. It doesn’t change the fact that the law is written for the reason BOBO explained above. In fact, it’s written that way so that LEO has the ability to and leverage to punish poachers.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: TWarren] #7376714 12/14/18 01:59 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by TWarren
Originally Posted by Dry Fire

Say what? How long ago was that and did anyone actually see bears?

No but there were still hunting seasons posted for bears and mule deer in counties that there had not been any animals seen in years. I can remember seeing those seasons still in writing in the 60's and maybe even into 70's.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: BigPig] #7377180 12/14/18 09:39 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BigPig

irregardless, i r right and you to am wright, ain't that write? I think we have 3 different spin-off topics going in this one thread. I wonder what the record is?

Last edited by garyrapp55; 12/14/18 09:41 PM.
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7377192 12/14/18 09:51 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
OP, you have to read the entire statute for it to make sense.

"It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition. It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft (including unmanned aerial vehicles); on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light."

In a nut shell, it's a Class C Misdemeanor to do it while legally hunting. It's a Class A Misdemeanor to do it while illegally hunting.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: garyrapp55] #7377801 12/15/18 05:29 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by BigPig

irregardless, i r right and you to am wright, ain't that write? I think we have 3 different spin-off topics going in this one thread. I wonder what the record is?

3 isn’t even close

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7378043 12/16/18 01:08 AM
C
CB327 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
The judge as you stand before him!!!!!!

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7378197 12/16/18 12:34 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I'm not a fan of the way TPWD writes their hunting brochure every year.
I always figured that maybe it was just me, but I'm happy to see I'm not the only one!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7381374 12/19/18 03:43 PM
S
Schpanky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Cee...now this is wut I love about the Texas Hunting For'em....We all get a chance to xpress our views on vareous topicks....it's not simply a kweschun of write or rong, but what the law says. In this kayce, what the law is attempting to do is provide addichunal penaltees for poching wile at the same time, ashure that the meet is well cared for and thus capable of being donated to food pantrees, shelters or families in kneed. After all, you get caught comiting any of those violashions I can't see them letting you just take the deer home....that wood be rewarding bad behavor and incongruous with the intent of the law.... 2cents

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7381739 12/19/18 09:29 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Who in the world rights this stuff?

ImTheReasonDovesMourn writes it with crayons.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: dogcatcher] #7385064 12/23/18 02:41 PM
T
txshotgun Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
It is that way so you know your wrights from your rongs. up

clap roflmao

Recycle! Be an organ donor!

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7385181 12/23/18 05:58 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
You guys completely missed the point of my post. I was not asking why this law exist, which seem to be what most of you thought since you tried to explain the reason for its existence. My point was about the wording of the sentence itself. The sentence is aimed at Criminals that do not respect the laws. It's like saying, "It is a crime not take all the cash when you rob a bank." or "It is a crime to leave the TV behind when you burglarize a house." The sentence is saying to criminals, "We know you don't respect the law, but we want you to respect this one law."

My point is, that is a really dumb sentence regardless of the reason behind it. The fact that I used an improper homophone in my OP does not make that sentence any less stupid, but it is stupid for a person to try defend stupidity by attacking another person's typo which has nothing to do with the issue. It just shows that person to be petty and childish.

cheers got held back in first grade, grammer, got teased & bullied... tis at the top of the ignorance list on this forum... actually did get D- in grammer, its a hunting forum , others use the little smiley faces (emoji)... scratch & in fairness ta others, my posts can b difficalt ta read... . As pappy say's : " i gotta be me. no one else wants the job.. " FACT... Hunting - what once was price of foodstamps tis sowly become a richmans sport... . yet people focus on d grammer...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7393145 01/02/19 04:17 AM
J
Jungleexplorer Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Yeperdooddles. Ya'lls sum crazy hunturs, but ah lovs ya all. Hapy Nu Yere!

banana banana2 taz bolt

Last edited by Jungleexplorer; 01/02/19 04:17 AM.

I'm sorry for my sins Jesus, please forgive me.

https://sorryformysins.com/

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7393556 01/02/19 05:17 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
yawn

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"