Print Thread
Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls #7292083 09/20/18 11:56 AM
M
mbavo Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
We drew a hunt at Inks Lake/Longhorn Caverns State Park. We will be there in January.
Was wondering if anyone knows of good places to eat and cool things to see why we are in that area?

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: mbavo] #7292181 09/20/18 01:57 PM
A
amick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
Storms in Burnet for a great burger. The fish hatchery, run by TPWD, near Inks Lake State Park is/was neat. It has been many years since I have seen it. You can also go see the dam between Lake Buchanan and Inks Lake, but you cannot walk out on it anymore. There is interesting history about it being built by the CCC, etc. There are also a lot of wineries in the area. There are a few bars off 29 near the dam (The Dam Pub). Inks lake state park has hiking and is a very scenic park. The entire area around the lakes is granite, so a lot of scenic views with granite outcroppings, etc.
These are just a few off the top of my head.

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: amick] #7292211 09/20/18 02:29 PM
M
mbavo Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
Thanks for reply.
Will sure look into those.

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: mbavo] #7292232 09/20/18 02:52 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Coopers in Llano is great. Bluebonnet Café in Marble Falls is great for breakfast. There's a decent wing place in Burnet but I can't remember the name of it. Sure there's only one. But I do like all wings, so others may think they suck.

[Linked Image]
Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: Gumbeaux] #7292356 09/20/18 04:45 PM
M
mbavo Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
Thanks.
Will check them out.

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: mbavo] #7292475 09/20/18 07:44 PM
R
rjd Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
My daughter owns Tea Thyme cafe in Marble Falls. Mostly "healthy" food, but they have a buffet as well. Serve breakfast and lunch.

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: mbavo] #7292504 09/20/18 08:22 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Bill's Burgers, Wings and Things, 2 locations, one in Burnet hwy 29 2 blocks west of US 281 and downtown in Marbles Falls ... great burgers and wings, awesome fries and onion rings too.

The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls for breakfast or their pies.

I prefer Inman's Country Kitchen for brisket in Llano as Coopers is hit or miss for brisket there but their (Cooper's) thick chop pork chop is very consistently good, also sirloin & rib-eye on Friday/Saturday is also good.

Enchanted Rock is about 25 miles southwest of Llano, there is usually a nesting pair of bald eagles between hwy 29 and the Llano river between Lake Buchanan & Llano, although a bit cool to swim, the Llano Slab just west of Kingsland is a pretty area to go. Reverend Jim's Dam Pub has good burgers and sometimes BBQ and cold drinks. Fort Croghan grounds and museum in Burnet ... as someone else stated, several wineries/vineyards in the area, Fall Creek & Torr Na Lochs are two my friends prefer, also Canyon of the Eagles up on the northeast side of Lake Buchanan that time of year might have several bald eagles to view. Hill Country Motorheads is a vintage motorcycle museum in Burnet along with the the Highland Lakes Air Museum (at Burnet airport). There are a number of nice golf courses in the area if you are into that.

I would suspect Inks Lake and Longhorn Cavern will be closed to the general public if they have hunting in the parks, but Longhorn Cavern if open is the 3rd largest cavern in the US, tour being about 2 miles long. I worked at both state parks during high school 40 some odd years ago. about an hour to the south and then west is the LBJ home site and Lady Bird wildflower center plus a number of wineries down there too along with shopping in Fredericksburg a little farther west.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: rjd] #7292737 09/21/18 12:39 AM
M
mbavo Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: rjd
My daughter owns Tea Thyme cafe in Marble Falls. Mostly "healthy" food, but they have a buffet as well. Serve breakfast and lunch.

That is cool.
May have to give it a try.

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: PMK] #7292740 09/21/18 12:40 AM
M
mbavo Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: PMK
Bill's Burgers, Wings and Things, 2 locations, one in Burnet hwy 29 2 blocks west of US 281 and downtown in Marbles Falls ... great burgers and wings, awesome fries and onion rings too.

I prefer Inman's Country Kitchen for brisket in Llano as Coopers is hit or miss for brisket there but their (Cooper's) thick chop pork chop is very consistently good, also sirloin & rib-eye on Friday/Saturday is also good.

Enchanted Rock is about 25 miles southwest of Llano, there is usually a nesting pair of bald eagles between hwy 29 and the Llano river between Lake Buchanan & Llano, although a bit cool to swim, the Llano Slab just west of Kingsland is a pretty area to go. Reverend Jim's Dam Pub has good burgers and sometimes BBQ and cold drinks. Fort Croghan grounds and museum in Burnet ... as someone else stated, several wineries/vineyards in the area, Fall Creek & Torr Na Lochs are two my friends prefer, also Canyon of the Eagles up on the northeast side of Lake Buchanan that time of year might have several bald eagles to view. Hill Country Motorheads is a vintage motorcycle museum in Burnet along with the the Highland Lakes Air Museum (at Burnet airport). There are a number of nice golf courses in the area if you are into that.

I would suspect Inks Lake and Longhorn Cavern will be closed to the general public if they have hunting in the parks, but Longhorn Cavern if open is the 3rd largest cavern in the US, tour being about 2 miles long. I worked at both state parks during high school 40 some odd years ago. about an hour to the south and then west is the LBJ home site and Lady Bird wildflower center plus a number of wineries down there too along with shopping in Fredericksburg a little farther west.

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate that.
I will see what all we can do!

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: PMK] #7293244 09/21/18 03:16 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

You hit everything I was going to suggest.....

Only thing I would add is driving the Willow City loop and hitting Fredericksburg for good German food and the Nimitz museum... texas

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: mbavo] #7294690 09/23/18 03:53 AM
Wildphilhickup Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
There is a NEW Mexican Restaurant right off of 1431, just south of 2342, that has VERY good breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Very reasonable prices and good service.

Go up to Lookout Point at sunset and watch the bats fly out over the Colorado River.

MILL CREEK HONEY BEE FARM, LLC
millcreekhoneybeefarm @yahoo.com
Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: Wildphilhickup] #7294718 09/23/18 04:43 AM
M
mbavo Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: Wildphilhickup
There is a NEW Mexican Restaurant right off of 1431, just south of 2342, that has VERY good breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Very reasonable prices and good service.

Go up to Lookout Point at sunset and watch the bats fly out over the Colorado River.

Thanks!
Will check them!

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: mbavo] #7294934 09/23/18 04:21 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: mbavo

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate that. That tree with the eagle nest has been removed years ago.

Re: Burnet,Kingsland,Marble Falls [Re: fmrmbmlm] #7296092 09/24/18 06:48 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: fmrmbmlm
Originally Posted By: mbavo

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate that. That tree with the eagle nest has been removed years ago.

yep, the first one was likely 25 years ago, an old pecan tree that finally broke down and the eagles moved about 1/4 mile farther west into another pecan tree still viewable from hwy 29. I believe that one too has broken down a few years ago but they moved again a bit farther west and down closer to the river, not really in site of hwy 29 ... but you can still see them flying up and down the river fishing.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide