Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953210 11/09/17 07:07 PM
K
klp Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I think why I'm not the biggest fan of game wardens is that they look for petty stuff to write you a ticket or lecture you about. I feel its like a highway patrol man pulling you over for going 73 in a 70 and writing you a ticket or lecturing you on how speeding is bad. Like most things in life, the ones that try to obey the law get ticketed more than those that out right disobey the law and don't care. And I have yet to meet a game warden who didn't give me that "your an a whole" vibe.

Side note: In college, I met a young guy fishing a pier. We chatted it up all night and had a few beers. He was working on becoming a game warden. As i left i told him good luck and try not to turn into one of those a whole game wardens. He laughed and said something along the lines of "i'll try not to but it will be hard". Sort of like, being that way was a requirement to be a GW.

I do feel that you won't really win against them so saying yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam is your best bet. Its worked out for me so far. I'm harassed for a few minutes then they leave, I mutter some stuff to make me feel better, then all goes back to normal. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they treated me with more respect.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953256 11/09/17 07:48 PM
E
Empty Cartridge Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
E
Once the processor takes control of the animal it becomes his issue not yours. It's his responsibility to have the appropriate tags/documents with the deer. If you did not provide him with the appropriate tags it is HIS responsibility not to take possession of the animal. It's fine for the warden to call you and ask questions as he did, he's just doing his job to make sure everything is done legally, but again when the processor took possession of the animal it is his issue from that point on.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: therancher] #6953261 11/09/17 07:53 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: redchevy
How many people on here have shot a javalina? How many have shot more than 2 in a given year? How many have shot more than 2 in an afternoon or morning hunt? How many have shot a deer that was trapped in a hog trap in bad shape?

Back to the javelin... I think I can count on one hand the number of people on here who have admitted to eating javalina, me being one of them and I know far more have shot them than eat them. Saving the cape for a mount doesn't count either.

I’ll tell yoh why you haven’t heard a response on this. Cause a high % of these yahoos who say they “never break a game law” have done just that.

I’ve posted it here before about the dumbazz Baptist preacher who thought the gw was his “buddy” and shot a javelina with his bow (wounding it) and tried to recover it with his pistol (all during gun season). Ran out of bullets and it got dark so he went back to camp. GW walks in and gives him a ticket since he wasn’t out trying to recover the javi.

If you drive you’ve broken traffic laws. If you hunt or fish you’ve broken game laws. You’ve got to be a “special” individual to invite the person tasked with punishing you for being ignorant into your camp. Make no mistake. I mean “special” in the most derogatory way you can imagine.

Nail meet head. Mic Drop

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: therancher] #6953273 11/09/17 08:05 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
How many people on here have shot a javalina? How many have shot more than 2 in a given year? How many have shot more than 2 in an afternoon or morning hunt? How many have shot a deer that was trapped in a hog trap in bad shape?

Back to the javelin... I think I can count on one hand the number of people on here who have admitted to eating javalina, me being one of them and I know far more have shot them than eat them. Saving the cape for a mount doesn't count either.

I’ll tell yoh why you haven’t heard a response on this. Cause a high % of these yahoos who say they “never break a game law” have done just that.

I’ve posted it here before about the dumbazz Baptist preacher who thought the gw was his “buddy” and shot a javelina with his bow (wounding it) and tried to recover it with his pistol (all during gun season). Ran out of bullets and it got dark so he went back to camp. GW walks in and gives him a ticket since he wasn’t out trying to recover the javi.

If you drive you’ve broken traffic laws. If you hunt or fish you’ve broken game laws. You’ve got to be a “special” individual to invite the person tasked with punishing you for being ignorant into your camp. Make no mistake. I mean “special” in the most derogatory way you can imagine.

I’m amazed by how many people don’t understand this.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953278 11/09/17 08:12 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Game warden in camp is about like a truck driver being stopped by DOT patrolman. If the GW wants to find something to give you a ticket for, he can find it, same as DOT patrolman.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Sneaky] #6953357 11/09/17 09:19 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

I’m amazed by how many people don’t understand this.

The more you age the fewer things surprise you. I’m virtually never surprised anymore.. mad

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: BenBob] #6953358 11/09/17 09:19 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BenBob
Game warden in camp is about like a truck driver being stopped by DOT patrolman. If the GW wants to find something to give you a ticket for, he can find it, same as DOT patrolman.

Yep

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: therancher] #6953364 11/09/17 09:23 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
[quote=redchevy]Other than speeding and a rolling stop or a 1000 or so I'm a law abiding citizen. I have a license tag my game and follow the game rules. That said I don't want a game warden near my hunting property.

Sounds like he could have lightened up a little.

Have only been checked by a game warden 1 time while deer hunting and I just didn't get a warm and fuzzy when he drove up to our camp because he had a key to the power company lock on the locked front gate. [/quote

That's why we have a separate chain on the gate we put our lock on when we're there. If the GW wants to come hassle us he's going to have to walk 2 miles.

you got permission to be locking lease/easement gates?

All my easement gates are locked

Right but they are locked in a way others with a key can open their lock... if someone is taking one chain and locking the whole gate that others have access to could cause issues. You wouldnt be happy if a leaser locked you out your pasture right?

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: therancher] #6953369 11/09/17 09:28 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: BenBob

Yep

agree

Iv also never got one I didn't deserve

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: therancher] #6953373 11/09/17 09:31 PM
P
png Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P

A little harsh, but truly wise advice.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: png] #6953378 11/09/17 09:35 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: png
Originally Posted By: mow
I was in east Texas on public land..in a tree at dawn..heard shots from the road..about 30 minutes later guy comes driving down the road..guy was obviously poaching..along comes a warden.I'm watching all this from about 3hundred yards with my binos..guy transfers deer to wardens truck..they handshake and go their separate ways..hmmmmmmm..never trusted another game warden..but I respect that they are a figure of authority..and I will always comply

Thank you for sharing the story. I would have made a report call to their department, anonymously of course.

cuz you know him? You talked to the warden? you talked to the hunter? you saw the deer when it was shot? You saw the guy who shot it?

Thats alot of assumptions for such a drastic trust breaker

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Navasot] #6953383 11/09/17 09:40 PM
P
png Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Originally Posted By: png
Originally Posted By: mow
I was in east Texas on public land..in a tree at dawn..heard shots from the road..about 30 minutes later guy comes driving down the road..guy was obviously poaching..along comes a warden.I'm watching all this from about 3hundred yards with my binos..guy transfers deer to wardens truck..they handshake and go their separate ways..hmmmmmmm..never trusted another game warden..but I respect that they are a figure of authority..and I will always comply

Thank you for sharing the story. I would have made a report call to their department, anonymously of course.

cuz you know him? You talked to the warden? you talked to the hunter? you saw the deer when it was shot? You saw the guy who shot it?

Thats alot of assumptions for such a drastic trust breaker

You don't have to answer YES to any of those questions before reporting. The more you report, the better they behave. Just remain anonymous not to risk retaliation.

Have "probable cause" is enough to report.

Last edited by png; 11/09/17 09:42 PM.
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953478 11/09/17 11:11 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
My step dad taught me to always be courteous and cordial to Game Wardens and Law Enforcement, when we hunted out in Coke County we had the GW stop by a couple of times (1993-1997) we leased from a landowner that was well known, not for the best reasons as we later found out. Game Warden would come in usually after we got back from our morning hunts and only to our trailer, never fully came onto the lease. We would BS with him a while then he would go on his way. Never asked for a license or to see any animals we ever shot, I was young enough at the time I always wanted to show off anything I'd shot, he'd come look and I could see him looking to make sure the tag was on the deer but he never made it obvious.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953673 11/10/17 02:06 AM
P
PoppaG22 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
GW once asked me if I was quote "butt-hurt" about the ticket he was giving me for having my truck parked about 3 feet over the "legal property lines" because "[I] seemed butthurt"and was "acting like a p****". True story. I was technically parked over the property line (unknowingly) and sure if you want to be petty and give me a ticket, fine. But don't say I'm acting butthurt or call me a p****. At that point you're trying to agitate me and get under my skin (which he did) and honestly putting yourself in danger. Most people wouldnt have kept their cool as well as i did. Collin county GW biggest douche bag I've met in my entire life.

I love lamp
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953674 11/10/17 02:07 AM
P
PoppaG22 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
And ruined my opinion of all GW's if we're being honest.

I love lamp
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: PoppaG22] #6953773 11/10/17 03:25 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: PoppaG22

I had one bad teacher, so I hate teachers now. I bought a car from a crooked salesman, I hate all salesman now. I had a contractor screw me, so I hate all contractors. A clerk at walmart was rude to me when I was returning a product, so obviously all clerks are rude. A crossing guard let some children walk in front of me instead of letting me continue on, so I don't like crossing guards anymore. A dog barked at me quiet aggressively, so I got rid of my dog and hate all dogs now.

Your logic is infallible my friend cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953786 11/10/17 03:42 AM
K
klp Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I think that statement is invalid lol. I wish i could remember that stuff from speech. Maybe Post Hoc??

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: klp] #6953797 11/10/17 03:49 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: klp
I think that statement is invalid lol. I wish i could remember that stuff from speech. Maybe Post Hoc??

rofl But it makes my point

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953804 11/10/17 03:59 AM
T
The Duke Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
HAHAHAHA 10 pages and 20 min of reading......Thanks!

Cheers may nobody ever have another GW encounter again. Haha

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: txshntr] #6953823 11/10/17 04:23 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: txshntr

I had one bad teacher, so I hate teachers now. I bought a car from a crooked salesman, I hate all salesman now. I had a contractor screw me, so I hate all contractors. A clerk at walmart was rude to me when I was returning a product, so obviously all clerks are rude. A crossing guard let some children walk in front of me instead of letting me continue on, so I don't like crossing guards anymore. A dog barked at me quiet aggressively, so I got rid of my dog and hate all dogs now.

None of those people have handcuffs & a gun, & can throw my [censored] in jail.

If a Wal Mart employee is rude to me, I can go somewhere else. No such option with a GW.

Your logic is quite fallible.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: maximus_flavius] #6953830 11/10/17 04:32 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Originally Posted By: txshntr

None of those people have handcuffs & a gun, & can throw my [censored] in jail.

If a Wal Mart employee is rude to me, I can go somewhere else. No such option with a GW.

Your logic is quite fallible.

About as much as grouping any profession, handcuffs or not, based on the actions of one cheers

As a side note and to stay within your "reasoning", I had no choice but to deal with the bad teacher. Guess I could add that one judge that I dealt with that was a jerk too, he could throw me in jail.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953867 11/10/17 06:48 AM
Mathp Offline
Tracker
Tracker
When my father passed away I was hunting doves in Childress and some how they found our camp and came out to inform me and stayed quite a while waiting me to return to camp. My buddy told them they did not have to wait! I can't tell you how much I appreciated their effort and how much I respect what they do!

https://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/mathp/9542e851.jpgIMG]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/mathp/LlanoBucksdownsized_zps6632cebe.jpg[/IMG]
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953898 11/10/17 11:28 AM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I have generally found GWS to be reasonable folks however once while returning from a gulf fishing trip a GW approached asked for our licenses which we provided he then asked about life jackets which we showed him. 2 were a bit faded which I hadn't even thought about so he proceeds to pull aggressively and yanks on the 2 and they rip. He then proceeds to issue me a summons for defective life jackets. They were not torn!!!! This really pissed me off however like a good little subject I accepted the ticket and paid the fine which was about 75.00 as I remember. In my mind if he was a decent guy he could have said you need to replace these before your next outing and not act like an [censored] hole!!!!!!!!!!

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6953950 11/10/17 12:45 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
That’s what happens when you give law enforcement officers unconstitutional authority. A handful are going to get everything they can out if it.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Flashprism] #6953964 11/10/17 12:57 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Many moons (80's) ago fishing Proctor Lake. Unloaded bass boat from behind my motorhome and parked . Changed to shorts and ran back down to brother and boat and just trolled motor off ramp. Didn't even start motor. Didn't go 25 yards and 15 yards off bank. Had thrown one time to bank. GW screamed up and like to have put us into bank. "Let me see fishing license" Grabbed back pocket of cut off jeans and uh o! They were in my motorhome in jeans hanging on peg in back pocket in wallet. My fault cause I always put them into waterproof bag in boat when sailing off. Could have hit MH with rock. I says, I'll go get them. He says you must have them on your person. Think it was a $100 buck fine then with ticket THAT pos wrote me. Only one I've ever had a problem with but it stuck.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide