Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: ChadTRG42] #6951581 11/08/17 05:31 PM
S
Stevarino Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I fully understand your point. I fully understand your concern. But that's the law that GW operate under. You don't like it, take it up with your politicians.

If a GW has reason to believe you are hunting, he can come on the property.

I understand it chad, geeze.. you’re beating a dead horse...no more ammo orders from me.. jk.. that .300blk ammo has done well this season. cheers

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6951635 11/08/17 06:20 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
LOL! Ok, good to hear!!!

I'll be in the deer stand with my 16" Rem 700 hopefully soon. I have not hunted yet.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6951637 11/08/17 06:20 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Still no bites on the javalina... lots of liars said they didn't waste that game.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: tShawnB] #6951646 11/08/17 06:27 PM
S
Savage388 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
I have the utmost respect for all LEO's and since I have nothing to hide and I don't have an issue letting them know who I am, what I am doing etc... That being said, I do not listen to lectures and on occasions in the past when getting a speeding ticket, or having had the same issue with a processor a previous poster had, I let them know real quick if I need a ticket, write me one but I'm not listening to any lectures. I'll gladly pay the fine and in the case of the processor situation, I understand the law now and will never make that mistake again.

I hear you. I'm an LEO. I treat every adult like an adult. I didn't raise you so I will not lecture or talk down to you. I will explain your citation in the same manner I explained all citations. I don't hold court on the roadside either. Just remember in any allegation made against you by the GW or any other LEO, the burden of proof lies with the State of Texas. Take the citation and go to court.

ODERINT DUM METUANT
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: redchevy] #6951648 11/08/17 06:28 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Still no bites on the javalina... lots of liars said they didn't waste that game.

We can not shoot javalina in our county, since they are considered a game animal, and there is no open season for them. And I've only seen javalina once before in S. Texas.

[Linked Image]
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: redchevy] #6951658 11/08/17 06:33 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L

Had to go back and find it... I have never shot one, but I have eatin Javalina before, not my preferred table fair, but better than carp.

And Wardens are welcome in my camp any time. The ones I know personally are good men. I have met a female warden, but don't her that well. She worked a poacher case for us, and did a good job.

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6951664 11/08/17 06:41 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
No doubt you central/north texas folks don't understand what I'm talking about but if you hunt an area of the state that actually has them you know what I'm talking about.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6951708 11/08/17 07:23 PM
B
BassBuster1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
My cousin is a Warden and she is salt of the earth good people. I would say that even if she were not family. They work odd hours in all conditions and do everything from checking hunters/fisherman, checking people out partying on the weekends and driving boats drunk, to recovering dead bodies, to border ops, to traffic stops, and much more. There job is extensive and takes many hours and trust me the pay is not that great or I would be doing it too! It is pretty simple, follow the rules and be nice when asked about your kills or asked for your license. My cousin is a heck of a hunter and fisherman, she loves the outdoors, and she takes her job of protecting our resources seriously. She cares about people a great deal and it bothers her for a long time when she is called on to retrieve a body because someone was usually stupid and breaking the rules which caused them to accidentally lose their life. I say if they come around give them a break, remember they are somebodies family, be cordial and do as you are asked without being ugly and it will be a positive experience for everyone. Heck, you might even make a very helpful friend!

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6951792 11/08/17 08:20 PM
R
rtapp315 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
He had probably been watching you Thursday and Friday hunting.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: redchevy] #6951859 11/08/17 08:48 PM
R
rob valle Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R

I know exactly what you are talking about. There are ranches down south where the javalinas are treated like hogs. And slaughtered. And thrown in the bone yard or buried with a back hoe. Because they eat up the precious corn that is put out for the deer to eat. And since you brought up a valid point, a lot of landowners with big turkey populations give them the same treatment as the javalinas and hogs. It happens! So more power to the wardens! And by the way I have eaten the javalinas I have shot and the meat is not bad. Just be careful skinning around the gland they have on their back.

Last edited by rob valle; 11/08/17 08:49 PM.

Rob Valle
www.hillcotaxidermy.com
Originally Posted by Texsun
The three things you need in life are a good doctor, lawyer and taxidermist.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: ChadTRG42] #6951862 11/08/17 08:50 PM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
I enjoy our game warden, and I have personally deer, duck, and night hunted with him on several occasions. I enjoy their company, and like listening to some of the crazy stories they tell. I guess it depends on your personal mentality of doing something wrong and getting caught. I don't do illegal stuff, so I don't mind the law coming around doing their job at all.

Night hunting....hmmmm that sounds fishy:)

Sounds like you have a cool GW. Ours is an A hol. I have had to help him so many times. He has never thanked me or even have me credit. He's not friendly. I used to be nice to him but now I give him the same crappy attitude. Bless his heart..

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6952077 11/08/17 10:58 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
^^ Thermal scope on a suppressed AR looking for pigs on a crew cab Polaris. He has also set up to hunt with us on, what we call, "Sniper Hill" to hunt at feeders that are 782 and 880 yards away. I let him shoot my 308 Win with 185 Berger to make a center punch, first round hit on the 782 yard, 10" steel plate next to the feeder. And I made a first round hit with my 300 WM on same plate. Yes, we hunt from that far away sometimes.

[Linked Image]
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Wacm] #6952463 11/09/17 03:57 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Wacm
I enjoy our game warden, and I have personally deer, duck, and night hunted with him on several occasions. I enjoy their company, and like listening to some of the crazy stories they tell. I guess it depends on your personal mentality of doing something wrong and getting caught. I don't do illegal stuff, so I don't mind the law coming around doing their job at all.

Night hunting....hmmmm that sounds fishy:)

Sounds like you have a cool GW. Ours is an A hol. I have had to help him so many times. He has never thanked me or even have me credit. He's not friendly. I used to be nice to him but now I give him the same crappy attitude. Bless his heart..

Yours is my buddies neighbor. He is always at his house when I visit. You hunt same place as him?

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6952508 11/09/17 04:52 AM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Only skunk pigs I have killed were in Brewster county years ago and no limits back then. The ranchers boys shot them like Jack rabbits,said they tore up fences. I would rather eat a skunk. rifle

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6952740 11/09/17 02:16 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Stevarino
I jokingly said “am I hunting?” Well, I could tell he didn’t appreciate that comment and as the lecture began

My buddies keep inviting me back to Texas, not to hunt, just visit. But if a GW came into camp and asked for my license I will not have one. Main reason is Texas deer must have all the bones removed before it is allowed back in Alabama (Texas is a CWD state). Alabama GW's are very serious about this.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6952800 11/09/17 02:50 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Let me start out by saying I&#146;m glad to see them in our area and appreciate all their hard work. I realize it&#146;s a tough job. We&#146;ve had some neighbor issues and you may recall the break-in we experienced this summer, so again, very thankful to see them on patrol in our area.
I didn&#146;t hunt Saturday evening because of the heat and full moon. Thursday and Friday were tough, so I decided to hang back and cook. 715 PM, I hear &#147;texas game warden&#148; as I&#146;m standing on the porch in plain clothes, no shoes, cold beer and cooking steaks waiting on the rest to show up. One guy immediately pulls his license out. He asked if we had any game which I then replied a couple had luck and offered to show our MLD game log. Also offered for him to go through all coolers ect. Nothing to hide. . We chatted a little bit longer, off topic, and then he asked for my license. I jokingly said &#147;am I hunting?&#148; Well, I could tell he didn&#146;t appreciate that comment and as the lecture began, I quickly said follow me, it&#146;s in the truck.
I don&#146;t have a problem showing my license and I&#146;d never intentionally break a law, just seemed uncalled for. Never mentioned I went hunting, was after dark, and I&#146;m in plain clothes cooking on the grill. What if i didn&#146;t have a license and was just there cooking and hanging out.
Kind of like being asked for a DL when you&#146;re not operating a motor vehicle. Didn&#146;t seem right. Overall, we had a good conversation, but I could tell I struck a nerve. Whoops.

Dumb A, just do what they say PERIOD !!!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Stevarino] #6952851 11/09/17 03:15 PM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I was in east Texas on public land..in a tree at dawn..heard shots from the road..about 30 minutes later guy comes driving down the road..guy was obviously poaching..along comes a warden.I'm watching all this from about 3hundred yards with my binos..guy transfers deer to wardens truck..they handshake and go their separate ways..hmmmmmmm..never trusted another game warden..but I respect that they are a figure of authority..and I will always comply

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Buzzsaw] #6952859 11/09/17 03:16 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Let me start out by saying I&#146;m glad to see them in our area and appreciate all their hard work. I realize it&#146;s a tough job. We&#146;ve had some neighbor issues and you may recall the break-in we experienced this summer, so again, very thankful to see them on patrol in our area.
I didn&#146;t hunt Saturday evening because of the heat and full moon. Thursday and Friday were tough, so I decided to hang back and cook. 715 PM, I hear &#147;texas game warden&#148; as I&#146;m standing on the porch in plain clothes, no shoes, cold beer and cooking steaks waiting on the rest to show up. One guy immediately pulls his license out. He asked if we had any game which I then replied a couple had luck and offered to show our MLD game log. Also offered for him to go through all coolers ect. Nothing to hide. . We chatted a little bit longer, off topic, and then he asked for my license. I jokingly said &#147;am I hunting?&#148; Well, I could tell he didn&#146;t appreciate that comment and as the lecture began, I quickly said follow me, it&#146;s in the truck.
I don&#146;t have a problem showing my license and I&#146;d never intentionally break a law, just seemed uncalled for. Never mentioned I went hunting, was after dark, and I&#146;m in plain clothes cooking on the grill. What if i didn&#146;t have a license and was just there cooking and hanging out.
Kind of like being asked for a DL when you&#146;re not operating a motor vehicle. Didn&#146;t seem right. Overall, we had a good conversation, but I could tell I struck a nerve. Whoops.

Dumb A, just do what they say PERIOD !!!!

I don't think I could have said it as classy as you did, but that would have been my point also.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: mow] #6953074 11/09/17 05:24 PM
P
png Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
Originally Posted By: mow
I was in east Texas on public land..in a tree at dawn..heard shots from the road..about 30 minutes later guy comes driving down the road..guy was obviously poaching..along comes a warden.I'm watching all this from about 3hundred yards with my binos..guy transfers deer to wardens truck..they handshake and go their separate ways..hmmmmmmm..never trusted another game warden..but I respect that they are a figure of authority..and I will always comply

Thank you for sharing the story. I would have made a report call to their department, anonymously of course.

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: png] #6953154 11/09/17 06:25 PM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: png
Originally Posted By: mow

Thank you for sharing the story. I would have made a report call to their department, anonymously of course.

actually i came to the conclusion that public land hunting was just a waste of money and time..i came up with the cash and am now on one of the best leases for less money,but i digress..i respect all leo's and always will..just hate to deal with the A holes

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: scalebuster] #6953169 11/09/17 06:36 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
Other than speeding and a rolling stop or a 1000 or so I'm a law abiding citizen. I have a license tag my game and follow the game rules. That said I don't want a game warden near my hunting property.

Sounds like he could have lightened up a little.

Have only been checked by a game warden 1 time while deer hunting and I just didn't get a warm and fuzzy when he drove up to our camp because he had a key to the power company lock on the locked front gate.

That's why we have a separate chain on the gate we put our lock on when we're there. If the GW wants to come hassle us he's going to have to walk 2 miles.

you got permission to be locking lease/easement gates?

Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: Navasot] #6953181 11/09/17 06:42 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Navasot
[quote=redchevy]Other than speeding and a rolling stop or a 1000 or so I'm a law abiding citizen. I have a license tag my game and follow the game rules. That said I don't want a game warden near my hunting property.

Have only been checked by a game warden 1 time while deer hunting and I just didn't get a warm and fuzzy when he drove up to our camp because he had a key to the power company lock on the locked front gate. [/quote

That's why we have a separate chain on the gate we put our lock on when we're there. If the GW wants to come hassle us he's going to have to walk 2 miles.

All my easement gates are locked

Last edited by therancher; 11/09/17 06:43 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: therancher] #6953196 11/09/17 06:54 PM
B
BenBob Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: therancher
[quote=redchevy]Other than speeding and a rolling stop or a 1000 or so I'm a law abiding citizen. I have a license tag my game and follow the game rules. That said I don't want a game warden near my hunting property.

Have only been checked by a game warden 1 time while deer hunting and I just didn't get a warm and fuzzy when he drove up to our camp because he had a key to the power company lock on the locked front gate. [/quote

It will raise the suspicions of the game warden.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: redchevy] #6953198 11/09/17 06:55 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
How many people on here have shot a javalina? How many have shot more than 2 in a given year? How many have shot more than 2 in an afternoon or morning hunt? How many have shot a deer that was trapped in a hog trap in bad shape?

Back to the javelin... I think I can count on one hand the number of people on here who have admitted to eating javalina, me being one of them and I know far more have shot them than eat them. Saving the cape for a mount doesn't count either.

I’ll tell yoh why you haven’t heard a response on this. Cause a high % of these yahoos who say they “never break a game law” have done just that.

I’ve posted it here before about the dumbazz Baptist preacher who thought the gw was his “buddy” and shot a javelina with his bow (wounding it) and tried to recover it with his pistol (all during gun season). Ran out of bullets and it got dark so he went back to camp. GW walks in and gives him a ticket since he wasn’t out trying to recover the javi.

If you drive you’ve broken traffic laws. If you hunt or fish you’ve broken game laws. You’ve got to be a “special” individual to invite the person tasked with punishing you for being ignorant into your camp. Make no mistake. I mean “special” in the most derogatory way you can imagine.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: GW came by Saturday night [Re: BenBob] #6953199 11/09/17 06:57 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BenBob
Originally Posted By: therancher

It will raise the suspicions of the game warden.

I’m gonna works on it, but I don’t believe I can possibly care less.

Crotchety old bastidge
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide