Forums46
Topics538,340
Posts9,735,970
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: txcornhusker] #68843 06/09/06 06:06 PM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Quote:

Quote:

You are plenty welcome to attend the GTG. But don't even speak to me, just stay plumb the hell away from.

Unfortunate!! I think the both of you are real neat guys! I know you both and know for a fact that you guys would get along well. So kiss and make up! You BOTH will be surprised how much the other is a great individual!!!

Ahh TCH the match maker. All 3 of ya can hold hands and froluck in the grass. J/K ya'll

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Wes70] #68844 06/09/06 07:33 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I hope no one holds it agaist me if I choose to reserve my judgement on any of that, till after I meet this person.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Crazyhorse] #68845 06/09/06 07:51 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Heck naw, Randall, not one bit. It's very hard to show emotions, real character, form of speech or anything like that on a ub board of any kind. We all have folks we work with that are (or were) smartasses, and they considered us the same, until we really sat down and had a face-to-face palaverin'.

JMHO, though.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Big Orn] #68846 06/14/06 02:00 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Well, we made it thru the GTG, and the pre-GTG without any trouble.

I guess though that we will never know how many, if any, other THF members decided not to come because of this thread.

I apologise for my part in it, I wished it hadn't happened, but it did.

Txbowhunter, you said I was afraid to meet you. I think you saw this weekend that I ain't afraid of much.

I watched you off and on all day, and you seem like a decent person, and probably someone I could get along with.

Problem is, I am old and stubborn, and you said a bunch of stuff that you shouldn't have, all because I didn't appreciate you making waves, when you could have just moved the info.

Lora asked me after the GTG, what would have happened if you had won one of the Javelina hunts. I told her that I would do the same job for you as I would any other client, and that is all.

You accused me of whining, you accused me of being afraid of you. Well I don't think so on either count.

I think we both missed out, by not meeting each other, but I guess we will never know.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Crazyhorse] #68847 06/14/06 02:42 AM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Well, I share the opinion of TCH on this one and Randall, your last post speaks volumes...I think both of you missed an opportunity but there'll be others. Judging from my experience, the two of you would get along just fine if you got to know each other a little bit.

Again, JMHO

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Crazyhorse] #68848 06/14/06 03:08 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Couldn't agree more. Till you meet CHC, you will never know what kind of person he really is. Like he and others have said on here, this screen is just that a screen. It doesn't show emotions or feelings, or the real person behind the screen. CHC greeted me as soon as I entered the restraunt, and welcomed me, also asked how the trip was. He made it a point to come to the end of the table to chit chat with me, Ken and my our wives. He is a true to life character, off screen more then he is on screen. Never had seen a grown man in a kilt and a top hat, that was a site to see. He was more of a gentlemen then others who think they are so. Campcook is the sweetest and for sure the most tolerable lady, more so putting up with CHC. If this thread kept anyone from coming like I said in another thread, you missed out, immensley. My wife remined me of something during the later part of the night. As you look at the pics, you can see I was the so called only minority there(hispanic). She asked if I felt out of place,certainly she didn't, she is white. I advised her no. The only thing I saw was grown men and women, sharing a good time, from a sport called hunting. That is nothing that a racial line can take, unless one lets us do so. Why do I bring this up, you may ask. If your willingly to let emotions and bickering and the negative get to you on this screen, you need to get real with life. There will always be agreement, and dis-agreement, but like I said that is what the forum is about. I may not agree with all of CHC's view point, but I have a right to do so, like you or anyone else. In no way am I throwing stones to TxBowhunter, at the end I shook his hand, as we parted ways. It was great meeting everyone, Joey, wes, Big Ken and his wife, Dave, TCH, TA, Orn and on and on. It is kinda strange how this computer can bring total strangers at ease with others also. Ken and I are a perfect example. We never had met before in out entire lifes, and we got along like we knew each other for years and years. TCH, who is a behavioral therpasist, who would have ever thought. Point is, if a thread on here brings that much aggravation to anyone, then I can only imagine how life must suck. If you didn't show cause of ANY of the threads, man ole man did you miss out

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: 7mag] #68849 06/14/06 03:20 AM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Good post CHC, JB, and 7mag!

7mag I noticed the sentence about how your wife asked you if you felt and different b/c you were a minority. Man, I would be so upset if you or anyone else felt that way. I really didn't think any of that was even the slightest issue! Hell, Randall was wearing a kilt...I would have thought by his user name he would have been wearing buck skin pants!!

Was excited to meet all of you and am looking forward to hanging out with you all again sometime in the future!! I can't speak for everyone but I know that I had a heck of a good time with every THF member there!!

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: 7mag] #68850 06/14/06 10:54 AM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Roy, I can say this - you were by no means any different than the rest of us redenecks....sorry to hurt your feelings...

TxBowhunter1 ain't no different either - one of us, I'm afraid. As a matter of fact I told Kelly (Mrs Orn) that I can honestly say that the THF GTG proved one thing: There is a common bond among hunters that you don't see in anything else - and it don't matter what race, creed or culture.

Good posts all of ya'll - well said!!!!

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Crazyhorse] #68851 06/14/06 11:50 AM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Quote:

I hope no one holds it agaist me if I choose to reserve my judgement on any of that, till after I meet this person.

See CHC. I'm no a-hole. Just a smartarse. I joke a lot and hope that people don't take it serious. It was nice to meet you and glad I did. You definitely were not what I expected. That one gold stud in your ear through me why off. Then came the kilt. It's all good though. It was a blast and it was nice to meet all of you guys and gals. Look forword to the next one.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: 7mag] #68852 06/14/06 09:30 PM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Quote:

As you look at the pics, you can see I was the so called only minority there(hispanic).

I reckon I missed that part Roy. I met a bunch of good people who share hunting in common, among other things. If we were gonna be appointed to groups, I would've had some real trouble 'cause I'm Irish, English and American Indian. Try to categorize me will ya? I reckon all that should make me a hot tempered gentleman who knows how to scalp 'em clean?

Oh yeah and I don't know if the term "minority" fits any more cause it's simply not true!

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: JBCooper] #68853 06/14/06 10:21 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Orn, that's just it, my feelings weren't hurt. I felt at ease with people that share the same interest, hunting. My wife was the one some what leary about it, and asked. Believe me if I didn't feel welcomed or had a bad time, we would have not stayed the entire day. I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and I look forward to more GTG, and hopefully some hunts down the road. Like I stated, for those who didn't go, you missed out on a great time.

[Linked Image]
Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: 7mag] #68854 06/14/06 10:59 PM
D
dwoftx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
The only thing I saw different about Roy was his addiction to ducks on a stick.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: dwoftx] #68855 06/15/06 12:12 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
augggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Leave it to good ole Dave

[Linked Image]
Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Wes70] #68856 06/15/06 12:25 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Nice try wes, but you know quite well, that you weren't the one I was having the problem with.

Now that you mention it though, at the restraunt, when you and your missus came in, and I stood up an introduced myself, your first comment, I believe as we were shaking hands, was, and I quote(to the best of my memory) "You don't look like what I expected", or something along those lines.

Now just out of curiosity, what did you think I would look like?

Not really meaning to beat this subject into the ground, but No I didn't think you were an A-hole, I just don't agree with everything you post.

Seems like we all don't agree with each other all of the time. The problem I see with several folks on here, they judge people by their opinions, up to and including developing a mental image of that person.

Do any of you out there that does that realize how much you short change that person, and how much you short change yourselves?

We are supposed to be citizens of a country where the rights and freedoms of free speech and thought, have been fought for many times.

By the way, just so you will know wes, I did enjoy meeting you, and you do seem like a really great guy.

I however am an A-HOLE DELUXE, I have worked at it hard for 40 of my 55 years, and enjoy it.

As I have said on here before, people feel one of two ways about me, and there really is no middle ground. They either really like me and being around me, or they can not stand me under any circumstance.

Sometimes I wish it wasn't that way, but it really helps me seperate out folks that I want to meet and get to know, and people that I don't wish to waste time dealing with.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Crazyhorse] #68857 06/15/06 11:42 AM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Quote:

Now just out of curiosity, what did you think I would look like?

Red with horns out of your head and a hay fork. J/K Randell.
No in all seriousness. They only thing I did not expect was the ear ring. Everything else about what I expected. Typical Old Fart J/K again.

And again it was nice to meet you and I would like to go on a javy hunt. Been wanting to do that for a long time. We need to get together and talk about price and such

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Crazyhorse] #68858 06/15/06 07:19 PM
T
TXBowhunter1 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
well ok, I apologize CHC. You do seem like a character i would get along with. we both have a sick sense of humor and like to have a good time. I guess i took things a little to seriously. It just seems that most times when i post something you make negative out of it or read into it to deep. WHICH is the whole point of a forum i guess. I am sorry i didnt get to meet you, but i took the "stay the hell away from me" as a sign that you didnt want to meet me.

I dont think anyone didnt come because of this thread. And if they did, then they just missed a good time.

I did talk to Lora and she was VERY nice. she even said she liked my tattoos. The food was GREAT too.

So i hope we can sweep this one under the rug and move on.

BTW me and Wes70 were undefeated at horseshoes. 2006 GTG Champs.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: TXBowhunter1] #68859 06/15/06 07:24 PM
S
SaginawHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
I have met both of you and I wish this could have got ironed out before the GTG because as you say both of you have a sick sense of humor and would have more than likely got along.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: TXBowhunter1] #68860 06/15/06 07:35 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Quote:

well ok, I apologize CHC. You do seem like a character i would get along with. we both have a sick sense of humor and like to have a good time. I guess i took things a little to seriously. It just seems that most times when i post something you make negative out of it or read into it to deep. WHICH is the whole point of a forum i guess. I am sorry i didnt get to meet you, but i took the "stay the hell away from me" as a sign that you didnt want to meet me.

I dont think anyone didnt come because of this thread. And if they did, then they just missed a good time.

I did talk to Lora and she was VERY nice. she even said she liked my tattoos. The food was GREAT too.

So i hope we can sweep this one under the rug and move on.

BTW me and Wes70 were undefeated at horseshoes. 2006 GTG Champs.

Well said, Duane...shows your character. Kudos from me.

And Horseshoe Champion thing...better not get used to it, bygawd.

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: Big Orn] #68861 06/15/06 07:40 PM
S
SaginawHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Thats right I didnt play

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: SaginawHunter] #68862 06/15/06 07:42 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If I had a different partner you wouldn't be singing that song!

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: TXBowhunter1] #68863 06/15/06 07:51 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Orn is right, that post shows a lot about your character!!

Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: TXBowhunter1] #68864 06/15/06 10:26 PM
texas archer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

BTW me and Wes70 were undefeated at horseshoes. 2006 GTG Champs

Thats because you didn't play against HunterTed and myself. We were also undefeated. We need to get together soon and have a play-off!

[color:"blue"][/color]
Re: ADDRESS to the GTG... DIRECTIONS AND MAP [Re: TXBowhunter1] #68865 06/16/06 01:23 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
No apology necessary. I am 55 years old, and my Dad was 53 when I was born in 1950. You and me were raised in different centuries.

You, are what us older guys are leaving the future of hunting to. Please stop judging people by their posts and opinions.

You younger guys, have grown up during a time when you all could pick and choose what deer you shot. Those of us that grew up during the 60's and early 70's, were lucky to see a buck, of any size.

I truly am sorry that both of us were so inflexible, that we weren't able to put words on a computer screen behind us, and try to see if we could get along when looking at each other. I am glad that you and your wife came to the GTG and that you all had a good time.

I just hope you realize that just because I don't agree with your posts, that doesn't mean I have anything against you or a problem with you, I just may not agree with your opinion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide