Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,318
Posts9,735,759
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics #6808394 06/30/17 12:57 AM
P
Pike1861 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
P
It's that time of the year again when hunters are working hard to secure leases for the upcoming season. I just want to warn everyone on here about leasing land from Cory Anderson and DWE Hunt Club. Do not lease from him - he is a crook and will double sell your lease. He will send dwe members to hunt your private lease and will lie straight to your face about sending them. He will also lie about planting vegetation for you. The information below was my experience from last season. He has harassed me all year with emails and texts but it's worth it to get the word out about him. Tell your friends and fellow hunters and let's put him out of business. Just google him and decide for yourself. I dare Cory to get on the forum and defend himself. He knows better and usually gets one of his buddies to post about what a great experience they had with them.

POST ON THF DUCKSEASON 2016
Where do I begin...Our group leased a duck lease from Cory Anderson in Grayson County this year. The property was nice and it was easy to hunt however we harvested less than 50 birds for the season. Yes we could have done a little better shooting but ultimately we just didn't have the birds.

Concerning the duck lease Cory lied to us from the start. I wish I hadn't been so gullible but initially you just take a guy at his word and believe what he says is true. We leased the property in the summer in anticipation of the upcoming duck season. He told me that would be draining the pond and planting millet for the ducks. Once the millet was planted they would slowly let water back in to the pond and that it would sprout just below the water's surface. This didn't happen. There isn't a control structure in place and the only way to pump water out of the pond. I was later told by the farm manager that water was never pumped out of the pond. What makes the situation worse is that he contacted me right before Teal season and said that we couldn't hunt the property because the water was still too low and that if we hunted the property we could arrested/fined for baiting. Again, millet wasn't planted and the pond wasn't drained. My guess is that he and his crew wanted to Teal hunt there and didn't want us out there. Shame on me for not being more diligent. The property is about an hour an hour from my house and I just took him at his word. I feel stupid now.

Next incident happened opening morning - we show up and another hunter showed up as well. He said Cory gave him permission. We wrote off to it being a mistake and let him hunt with us. We contacted Cory and he said it was just a misunderstanding. You have to keep in mind that our group are weekend only hunters with little or no ability to scout/hunt during the week. I am very confident that Cory was well aware of this and sent hunters out to our property during the week. Which in turn could be the reason why we had such a low duck harvest. I say this because we ran into another hunter the week after Christmas when everyone was off from work.

The temp dropped and we decided to hunt mid-week. Sure enough there was a truck at the gate when we arrived. It was guy and his dog that had driven from Fort Worth. Again, being nice we let him stay and hunt with us. I contacted Cory immediately and he said the guy was lost and went to the wrong property. I guess Cory is too stupid to think that I would talk to the other guy and Cory also begged me to let him hunt with us. I compared texts with the other guy and Cory gave him specific directions to our place and told him he will have the place to himself. He was obviously lying. Further, the gentleman that hunted with us was a member of his club and he said that there were numerous group texts/emails discussing our lease stating that it was open for business and could be hunted anytime during the week. After this incident I changed the lock on the gate which I should have done from the beginning.

A week or two after I changed the lock and Cory called me and said that he had to have the code to the gate because the landowner was locked out of the property and pissed off. I assumed he was lying but gave him the code anyway just in case the landowner was really locked out. I went out later that afternoon and changed the code again. I also called the farm manager and he told me that landowner was never locked out. Rather, it was just another lie from Cory who either wanted to let hunting buddies in or was showing the property in hopes of leasing to new suckers.

My intent is to get the word out about the guy - he is a liar and will tell you everything you want to hear to get your money. If you place trust in him you will get screwed. He hasn't even talked to us about leasing again because he knows that we now know he is full of crap.

The duck hunting community is a tight-knit group in North Texas so please forward to everyone you know. He is posting on Craiglist as well
advertising leases. Here are a few helpful links about Cory Anderson - I wish I had read them before leasing from him.

http://texas.arrests.org/Arrests/Cory_Anderson_14058692/

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1178006/Re:_Drake's_Guide_Service_in_S

http://www.huntingoutfitters.net/guide.php?gid=563

http://www.fowlerforum.com/showthread.php?13274-Drake-s-Hunting-Guides

There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else. We are a nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. Theodore Roosevelt
Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6808450 06/30/17 01:58 AM
B
Brother Phil Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Thank's for the warning. With all the info about ripoff artists, in the hunting/leasing business, lets also give credit where it is due, to the guys who earn their business, and deserve it. I would much rather read about someone having a positive experience. However, I do appreciate the heads up of who to avoid.

Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6808454 06/30/17 02:05 AM
T
TakeMeLord Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Cory Anderson is a liar and a thief.

Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6808459 06/30/17 02:10 AM
P
Pike1861 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
P
I understand completely Brother Phil and agree with you. I just don't want anyone else to go through what the four of us did. I will be the first to recommend a good guide when warranted.

On that note, I had the pleasure of fly fishing last week in southwest Colorado on the conjeos river. We used conejos river anglers and they were fantastic. Accommodations were great and the fishing was better. It's a little off the beaten path but well worth the trip. Click on the link below.

http://www.conejosriveranglers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/conejosriveranglers/

There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else. We are a nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. Theodore Roosevelt
Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6808490 06/30/17 02:52 AM
L
LuckyDucker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Dude is bad news... Me and a buddy went and checked out a few of his properties a few years back. It was right after duck season, Feb or Mar, IIRC. He said he needed the full amount of the dues by noon the next day claiming the land owners required it. Every lease I've ever leased never required the full amount until Aug/Sept. So, I started asking around about him. Every story of him was very negative - over booking leases, people only getting to hunt a couple times a season because of no spots available, day hunting his clients on your lease during the week, guys showing up on your lease to hunt, etc., and what he was trying to do to us was his standard MO. He got pissed when I told him I wouldn't have the full amount and he started bashing me via text after I asked him about some of the stuff I had heard from others. I decided I was going to check into the legality one of the properties (right in the middle of the city) with a Game warden. When I asked if she'd heard of Corey, she said "Oh Yeah, we certainly have". After asking what she could tell me about him, she said she couldn't share any information about pending cases. eek2

My friend lives down the street from his "exotic ranch" in Aubrey/Celina. Said he kept seeing his "exotic" rams wandering down the street in the neighborhood when they'd get out of the fence. He said you can stand by the fence and they'll stand there and look at you from 20yrds away. Can't believe people pay money to kill an animal you can walk up and pet first....

Last edited by LuckyDucker; 06/30/17 02:52 AM.
Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6808529 06/30/17 04:13 AM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Did ya'll not Google this clown, he's been ripping people off for years.

Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6808989 06/30/17 08:12 PM
G
Guitars&Guns Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Agreed...best bet is just to avoid the guy. There's plenty of alternatives that have positive press, so no need to even entertain him. He's been operating under several different names for several years so watch out.

As a business owner, he can't please everyone, but he certainly should address and make amends to those who accuse him of wrongdoing (and there are numerous). That's what a good business owner does, regardless of their pride. Customer's always deserve a listening ear and your respect, even if you have to respectfully disagree, if you want stay in business. You may not keep the customer at the end of the day, but you certainly don't want to harm your name/brand.

It only takes 5 minutes to ruin your reputation, but it can take 5 years to rebuild it. It's a high cost and apparently a hard lesson to learn for some. Hopefully Corey gets it some day.

Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6809363 07/01/17 03:18 AM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
thanks for the warning!!

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6815995 07/08/17 08:36 AM
Y
yask65 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Y
Corey will never get it he has been doing this for years here in DFW !he will lia to you about property he has ,he talks to you like a dog ! i will never get taken by him again .

Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6816532 07/08/17 09:59 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
How is it that someone has not sued him or reported him to Parks and Wildlife? I have read about him for years ripping people off -

You can't fix stupid
Re: North Texas Hunting Lease Scam Alert - Deer, Duck, Dove and Exotics [Re: Pike1861] #6816540 07/08/17 10:13 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:
How is it that someone has not sued him or reported him to Parks and Wildlife? I have read about him for years ripping people off -

http://texas.arrests.org/Arrests/Cory_Anderson_14058692/

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide